• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

Yeah that's what I figured, I'll wait for a green N3DS LL Rayquaza then, here's hoping they figure that out. Lol

Oh gawd. If they did that right I'd so buy one...

Edit: Knowing Nintendo it'd be a limited release at Pokemon Center. Though lucky if done by lottery again, like the Charizard LL. And it wouldn't see worldwide release. ;_;

lupinko

Oh gawd. If they did that right I'd so buy one...

Edit: Knowing Nintendo it'd be a limited release at Pokemon Center. Though lucky if done by lottery again, like the Charizard LL. And it wouldn't see worldwide release. ;_;

I'm going to be living here in Japan for the foreseeable future so I don't see anything wrong with that! :D

Muku

I'm going to be living here in Japan for the foreseeable future so I don't see anything wrong with that! :D

Yeah, not so sure myself. Which is what would make that a bit sad. Though the bonus to the Charizard LL was you didn't have to go to PC to enter. You could if you wanted, but you could also print out something online, fill it out, then mail it in. Thank goodness for that!

lupinko

Yeah, not so sure myself. Which is what would make that a bit sad. Though the bonus to the Charizard LL was you didn't have to go to PC to enter. You could if you wanted, but you could also print out something online, fill it out, then mail it in. Thank goodness for that!

Well I just made that up just like Shiny Christmas Tohoku Victini.

But they did make a white DS Lite Giratina in Japan and speaking of Hoenn.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Torchic_Game_Boy_Advance_SP.jpg

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Groudon_Game_Boy_Advance_SP.png

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Kyogre_Game_Boy_Advance_SP.png

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Rayquaza_Game_Boy_Advance_SP.png

Muku

I figured you'd made it up. But I would so buy a Rayquaza one. Would be even cooler if they made it and it was shiny version.

I lost out on the Pikachu 3DS. Here it was a lottery that was poorly handled. Said for a month you could enter. No where did it say limited quantities. They sold out first day. And you had to go to the PC for that one. By time I could go, they just laughed at me. Didn't think it was very funny because no where did it state limit quantities or that I should somehow know their deal.

Then it came out Stateside and no one would ship international. :/ I've already asked my dad for so much I couldn't do it again, so I just lost again. Pretty sure only way to get one now is used, so screw that. WTS soul for a nice Pokemon 3DS. I don't like the ones outside of the Charizard and Pikachu so far.

Edit: Just got around to looking at pictures. I've actually seen a Groudon one around somewhere. Was more than likely Akihabara. And that Rayquaza one... damn. That thing is so sweet. x_x I want one. Need to be extra vigilant next time I go to Akihabara.

lupinko

I just picked up Japanese Sapphire for ¥842. So all I need now is Japanese Emerald and hope that a GBA pro action replay turns up. A GB/GBC one did turn up and I bought it by accident due to excitement, but I promptly returned it.

I think down the road I'll get Japanese Fire Red just to complete the collection (I have two US LGs).

I think leaving two of the four US RS I have solely to farm Jirachi is good enough.

Am I going to say no to good to amazing IV Shiny Hoenn legendaries?

And the games won't bore me to tears and won't take long to play since I'll have starters from Hoenn/Kanto/Johto to start with Jirachi and Celebi and HM Slaves Lapras and Tropius.

I was going to bring up the female Charmander with Metal Claw and Rock Slide to use in Gen 4 and mate it with a Japanese Dragonite from the used HG I bought here to get DD and Outrage. But I can hold off on that.

I'll also look into RSE breeding of shiny eggs for fun later.

Edit: I picked up Japanese Emerald for ¥1950, and it came with the box and manual! The box is in amazing condition for something from 10 years ago. No wireless adapter but I can always buy that super cheap.

Muku

I just picked up Japanese Sapphire for ¥842. So all I need now is Japanese Emerald and hope that a GBA pro action replay turns up. A GB/GBC one did turn up and I bought it by accident due to excitement, but I promptly returned it.

I think down the road I'll get Japanese Fire Red just to complete the collection (I have two US LGs).

I think leaving two of the four US RS I have solely to farm Jirachi is good enough.

Am I going to say no to good to amazing IV Shiny Hoenn legendaries?

And the games won't bore me to tears and won't take long to play since I'll have starters from Hoenn/Kanto/Johto to start with Jirachi and Celebi and HM Slaves Lapras and Tropius.

I was going to bring up the female Charmander with Metal Claw and Rock Slide to use in Gen 4 and mate it with a Japanese Dragonite from the used HG I bought here to get DD and Outrage. But I can hold off on that.

I'll also look into RSE breeding of shiny eggs for fun later.

Edit: I picked up Japanese Emerald for ¥1950, and it came with the box and manual! The box is in amazing condition for something from 10 years ago. No wireless adapter but I can always buy that super cheap.

With tax? D: That's cheaper than here, but only really know one good place in town here with used games. Amazing how GBA games have kept their amount kinda high.

Any idea how much GBA ARs usually go for? Haven't seen any to price recently, but also haven't been looking for them. Place I go to usually has a boatload of consoles but not many used accessories. Though I did buy a GBA link cable earlier this year thinking I needed it to trade again. (Original one is in US.) Then realized I didn't. Doh! But all good, kept it anyway. I'm just like that, haha.

lupinko

Yeah with tax, funny thing is this Emerald was the cheapest and it came with everything sans wireless adapter which I bought anyway separately for cheap.

It's funny because bookoff had that Emerald whereas the other used places Geo Amusements and Seagull didn't have it for that price or condition! But Geo is where I bought near pristine Black (with slip cover) for ~¥900 and both RS for a little over ¥800 each.

It's funny and sad that when I was trying to buy the US versions in Vancouver on Craigslist, the prices were stupid, like the cheapest was $25, and then you have to worry about bootleg carts. Those damn pawn shops back home. Lol

Muku

Yeah with tax, funny thing is this Emerald was the cheapest and it came with everything sans wireless adapter which I bought anyway separately for cheap.

It's funny because bookoff had that Emerald whereas the other used places Geo Amusements and Seagull didn't have it for that price or condition! But Geo is where I bought near pristine Black (with slip cover) for ~¥900 and both RS for a little over ¥800 each.

It's funny and sad that when I was trying to buy the US versions in Vancouver on Craigslist, the prices were stupid, like the cheapest was $25, and then you have to worry about bootleg carts. Those damn pawn shops back home. Lol

What?! Now I'm jealous, haha. Bookoff in town moved recently, though not sure where. Think maybe down street. Next time, before I commit, I should check there too. Actually think there's a Bookoff Super Bargain at mall. Going to see Guardians so maybe I'll drop by there to see if they have a deal. Would love to pay less than 1,500 for it. Your area is bigger so guess they have a lot more folks trading that stuff in. I'd pass on a wireless adapter. Still have one from FR or whatever.

I love pawn shops back home, but yeah, sometimes their stuff is just jacked up. I've gotten my share of deals for game stuff at them though. xD Miss browsing them. But even at 1,500, Emerald is still cheaper here than States. I'll just play it in Japanese, haha

lupinko

Okay this Sapphire cart has nothing of value in it, but for Emerald this gamer has not caught the weather trio or the Regis yet.

I just need to learn this SID and I'll go catch those. :D

-Mikey-

Question!

How do you farm shinies? I've been reading the last two pages and I find it very interesting. I haven't played since diamond / pearl and forget quite a bit. Hoping to get back in with ORAS and maybe pick up Y today.

Azuran

Banned
Question!

How do you farm shinies? I've been reading the last two pages and I find it very interesting. I haven't played since diamond / pearl and forget quite a bit. Hoping to get back in with ORAS and maybe pick up Y today.

For breeding, you just breed like you normally would in addition to using the Masuda method and a Shiny charm. Needless to say, it's a bit time consuming, but filling out the national dex is easier than ever, so if you really love shinies, it's a worthy goal.

JoeM86

New Rotom event in Japan, and it's brutal. Good luck with it :p

his Rotom comes at Level 10 in a Cherish Ball, with the moves Shock Wave, Astonish, Trick & Thunder Wave. To get this Rotom, from October 15th you need to take your Nintendo 3DS with X & Y, Pokémon Battle Trozei or Band of Thieves & 1000 Pokémon, with you and have it on standby while you play the Pokémon Tretta arcade game. Doing this will have the 3DS communicate with the machine and charge up a special meter. Once the meter is filled, it will begin transmitting the Rotom for your Pokémon X & Y game, to be obtained with Mystery Gift - Local.
It is expected to run for the next three Pokémon Tretta series.

Muku

his Rotom comes at Level 10 in a Cherish Ball, with the moves Shock Wave, Astonish, Trick & Thunder Wave. To get this Rotom, from October 15th you need to take your Nintendo 3DS with X & Y, Pokémon Battle Trozei or Band of Thieves & 1000 Pokémon, with you and have it on standby while you play the Pokémon Tretta arcade game. Doing this will have the 3DS communicate with the machine and charge up a special meter. Once the meter is filled, it will begin transmitting the Rotom for your Pokémon X & Y game, to be obtained with Mystery Gift - Local.

LOL yeah... no thanks. Getting more gimmicky. I don't play the tretta game, know jack crap about it, and have no intention of feeding a machine just to get a Rotom. Just waiting for day we just get charged 1,000 yen up front for our Pokemon.

lupinko

Question!

People breed them, but if you're talking about what I've been doing in the older games, it's abusing the RNG to get my shiny frame.

I can actually do his since my Japanese 3DS has all those games, but I don't know how those machines work. I just hear lots of mashing though.

That sounds.... complicated.

Can multiple players share the event? I can imagine people leeching off each other : P

I wonder if this is possible. Lol

Etzer

Anyone have an Everstone? I think I released the Exeggcute that was holding mine. I have 6 IV Charmander (Adamant), Tyrogue (Jolly), Bulbasaur (Naive), Exeggcute (Modest) or Vulpix (Modest) I can offer for it.

Mush

Anyone have an Everstone? I think I released the Exeggcute that was holding mine. I have 6 IV Charmander (Adamant), Tyrogue (Jolly), Bulbasaur (Naive), Exeggcute (Modest) or Vulpix (Modest) I can offer for it.
You can go grab another one quite easily if you have something with Compound Eyes. Geodude, Graveler, Roggenrola and Boldore can be found holding one.

If you can't be bothered though, I can pop on now and give you one of mine!

Etzer

You can go grab another one quite easily if you have something with Compound Eyes. Geodude, Graveler, Roggenrola and Boldore can be found holding one.

If you can't be bothered though, I can pop on now and give you one of mine!

Sure enough, the first Graveler I caught with Vivillon leading my party was holding an Everstone. Thanks for the tip! :)

JulianImp

I dropped by Pokemon Center Tokyo yesterday. The first thing I noticed is that the place was quite small compared to what I imagined it'd be, and I guess I ended up getting most of yesterday's streetpasses in there.

The halloween pumpkaboo looked okay, but the one that came with a strap wasn't as soft as the other stuffed toys that were like it, so I ended up getting just an Inkay strap doll (it can also be hung upside down!).

On my way out, I noticed the capsule machines with pins in them and I ended up getting four of them hoping to get either of those sweet Joltik pins, but I only got a Ninetales, a Charizard, a Duoblade and a Blastoise (sadly not Magneton, either). So I ended up spending more on the pins than on the inkay plushie...

I was pretty let down by how they didn't have a Spiritomb plush toy like the one they had for halloween several years ago (and no Shuckle, either). I think visiting Super Potato was more exciting for me since they had more variety, and less things related to clothing, pens, paper and the like, but it was still okay IMO.

By the way, did I have a chance to get the event Gengar despite having a US version of Pokemon Y? If I can get it, I might end up visiting again sometime.

Muku

I dropped by Pokemon Center Tokyo yesterday. The first thing I noticed is that the place was quite small compared to what I imagined it'd be, and I guess I ended up getting most of yesterday's streetpasses in there.

The halloween pumpkaboo looked okay, but the one that came with a strap wasn't as soft as the other stuffed toys that were like it, so I ended up getting just an Inkay strap doll (it can also be hung upside down!).

On my way out, I noticed the capsule machines with pins in them and I ended up getting four of them hoping to get either of those sweet Joltik pins, but I only got a Ninetales, a Charizard, a Duoblade and a Blastoise (sadly not Magneton, either). So I ended up spending more on the pins than on the inkay plushie...

I was pretty let down by how they didn't have a Spiritomb plush toy like the one they had for halloween several years ago (and no Shuckle, either). I think visiting Super Potato was more exciting for me since they had more variety, and less things related to clothing, pens, paper and the like, but it was still okay IMO.

By the way, did I have a chance to get the event Gengar despite having a US version of Pokemon Y? If I can get it, I might end up visiting again sometime.

You can rack up a bunch at PC. Sit there for a bit, clear out 10.. wander a bit more, than you'll have another 10 to clear. Going to events helps too, even if they're small. I easily and quickly maxed mine out at Bic on Saturday just going for Gengar.

Yes, you can get Gengar there. (But it's not only place in Tokyo you can get Gengar at, some Bic, Yodobashi, and other places are participating as well.) I got Gengar at Bic on my US X and Y, and JPN X. How long are you here for? Can help you look at list some pages back to find one that is close if you want. Just send me a message.

One in Shinagawa? I think there is one they call Tokyo Bay, but I think that's in Chiba. Never actually gone to that one. They are smaller than what I'd initially imagined too, but could be it's also Tokyo. Space is limited. Not sure if ones outside Tokyo are larger.

Super Potato is my absolute favorite store in Akihabara. Once I found it, I fell in love with that place. Always liked going and drooling over the 64DD while they had it.

I'd say come down south and enjoy the beaches here, but today seems to be overcast. :p Been wonky weather this summer. Much more doable than past summers though with the heat and humidity.

lupinko

I've been to both Tohoku and Yokohama, Yokohama is bigger than Tohoku's but up here in Sendai we get more exclusive stuff, not just event mon like Shiny Jirachi but also all the Date Masamune themed pokemon that is exclusive to Sendai.

Muku

I've been to both Tohoku and Yokohama, Yokohama is bigger than Tohoku's but up here in Sendai we get more exclusive stuff, not just event mon like Shiny Jirachi but also all the Date Masamune themed pokemon that is exclusive to Sendai.

Ahhhh maybe I'm spoiled then, haha. Only been to Yokohama one but I liked it. Being in mall area is nice too.

Edit: Julian, curious, did you spend ¥1,500 or more at the PC? Just wondering if they give the Shiny Mega Gengar card away there as well. I imagine they do.

JulianImp

Ahhhh maybe I'm spoiled then, haha. Only been to Yokohama one but I liked it. Being in mall area is nice too.

Edit: Julian, curious, did you spend ¥1,500 or more at the PC? Just wondering if they give the Shiny Mega Gengar card away there as well. I imagine they do.

Nah, the Inkay plushie was about 600-something yen, so I guess I didn't qualify for that (and the capsule pins I bought afterwards probably didn't count).

I'm around the Ueno area where there's a smallish Yodobashi Camera store, but I'm not sure if that one would qualify for the Gengar distribution. If you happen to know where I could pick it up, please let me know and I'll drop by when I have the chance.

I think I'll be quite busy this week with all my preparations for TGS, and then with the TGS proper. Earlier this morning I forgot to save and Unity froze, making me lose about three hours I had spent building a level for the game demo I'll be showcasing. I guess I'll go visit the beaches the week after that, though!

Trying out Kyurem for the first time online against randoms. I feel bad sometimes using a legendary but then the teem preview has the other person using legends too so then I get over it.

MegaMelon

Trying out Kyurem for the first time online against randoms. I feel bad sometimes using a legendary but then the teem preview has the other person using legends too so then I get over it.

Legendary is only a buzzword. The pokemon people should be referring to are things like Mewtwo and Rayquaza. Phione or Articuno or the regis are hardly going to be sweeping anyone XD. Funnily enough, that's my personal thing that I use to gauge how good someone is at pokemon. If they don't care then they have a brain and know pokemon is all about numbers, not arbitrary words used to hype kids. If not then I definitely won't be bringing my actual team against them, just my fun one.

Rare Candy
PP-UP
Bright Powder (Does this even work online?)
Wide Lens
Focus Sash
Rocky Helmet
Quick Claw
Assault Vast (tried but can't do an all attack pokemon)

Going to try and stop playing for a while, haven't gone to the gym in a month and getting chubby so just PM me on gaf FC:1848-2662-4262

Legendary is only a buzzword. The pokemon people should be referring to are things like Mewtwo and Rayquaza. Phione or Articuno or the regis are hardly going to be sweeping anyone XD. Funnily enough, that's my personal thing that I use to gauge how good someone is at pokemon. If they don't care then they have a brain and know pokemon is all about numbers, not arbitrary words used to hype kids. If not then I definitely won't be bringing my actual team against them, just my fun one.
No, those two are monsters :p

lupinko

Oh the Tohoku store is inside a department store building, it shared the floor with a Uniqlo. And it's located in the main Sendai Station area so it's in the heart of downtown.

I decided to buy the Kyogre n3ds since my Japanese 3ds are blue and my Canadian ones are red. I hope the groudon or something similar comes out in US/Canada.

I thought it was ¥16000 vs ¥19000, but I realized I was going to buy a Peach faceplate for ¥1500. And noticed that Kyogre is a faceplate itself. And it's just a ¥3000 faceplate with special theme like the other ¥3000 faceplate.

And I could always buy the Peach or other faceplates later. Lol

Muku

Nah, the Inkay plushie was about 600-something yen, so I guess I didn't qualify for that (and the capsule pins I bought afterwards probably didn't count).

I'm around the Ueno area where there's a smallish Yodobashi Camera store, but I'm not sure if that one would qualify for the Gengar distribution. If you happen to know where I could pick it up, please let me know and I'll drop by when I have the chance.

I think I'll be quite busy this week with all my preparations for TGS, and then with the TGS proper. Earlier this morning I forgot to save and Unity froze, making me lose about three hours I had spent building a level for the game demo I'll be showcasing. I guess I'll go visit the beaches the week after that, though!

Ah, TGS eh? Think I'll be passing covering it this year. Not sure a whole lot will be there of interest. Last year was quite boring. :( Unfortunately we didn't get chosen for an indie booth either, so lost that opportunity. But sounds like you got in! Congrats! That is awesome. :)

Ahhh, Ueno. If this was spring, I'd say to go the park up there for hanami. It's crazy during that time. Though do be careful. Few cases of dengue fever up in Tokyo recently.

Not really been to much of the beaches down this way, but Fujisawa is nice with Enoshima right there just a bit off the coast. Plus Kamakura nearby. :)
This is my home territory, so I know a bit more about it, haha.
On a clear day you can see Fuji-san on beach here.

Tokyo
Yodobashi Camera Multimedia Ueno second shop
110-0005
Ueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 4-9-8

Only Ueno one I see. Probably the Yodobashi you see. Though if you're going around Tokyo you could probably stop by other Yodobashi, Bic, or Toys R Us. I just went to video game section of store before attempting to get it. Many places in Tokyo you can nab it from.

Edit: Well, how about that earth rumbler.

one_kill

I use four legendaries when fighting randoms or ubers
The main reason why I use them is because they make matches go faster :p

Muku

You know, as I'm playing through Ruby again, for the second time this year, I find my biggest frustration and disappointment with this game is the selection (or lack thereof) of decent Pokemon for my group. And several of them just start off as helpless, so getting them to point they aren't is such a frustrating and time consuming task. My previous group felt okay at some point, but not sure my current group will.

Plus, things like Gyarados don't learn water moves until like 40. It's like, really guys? Really? Think the Pokemon choices are just awful. Then combine it with half the stuff being water routes and I just become frustrated. Trying to be better this time so at end I don't get stuck at E4 and have to go back and level. But the grass choice leveling is pretty awful too.

Top Bottom