• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

I just remember the poor distribution of Fire in those games. Magcargo, Camrupt, and Blaziken lines I think what was all there.

Didn't mention it, but so very true. I always pick Torchic because only thing I've come across so far, and it was a while in, was Numel. Wasn't until this play through I was wondering why I always chose Torchic, then it hit me. Few choices for Grass in beginning (though wish Oddish showed up earlier) and Water. Was tempted to choose water this time, so glad I didn't. Have two water at the moment - Gyarados (with no water moves lawlz) and Wingull. Picked up Wingull when I realized Gyarados doesn't learn jack for water moves until 40. I like using Gyarados, but now I gotta find something to replace him because right now he's kind of a waste.

Current group consists of a rag tag team of mostly bleh Pokemon: Combusken, Wingull, Gyarados, Seedot, Aron, and Kirlia.

Atlantis

Current group consists of a rag tag team of mostly bleh Pokemon: Combusken, Wingull, Gyarados, Seedot, Aron, and Kirlia.

Speaking of Seedot, I was looking up a few Pokemon to see what I'd like to use in ORAS and...

WOW at that movepool, WOOOOOW.

Muku

Speaking of Seedot, I was looking up a few Pokemon to see what I'd like to use in ORAS and...

WOW at that movepool, WOOOOOW.

I know, right? :/ I should have looked it up BEFORE I caught it and started using it. I had to teach it Bullet Seed to even know a stupid grass move. Tempted to go get Oddish and replace him. Put a lot of work into Seedot so far but only recently ran into Oddish. But it's gotta be better than Seedot, right? Right?! :( Okay I gotta look up it's movepool before I catch just in case.

WTB team worth a crap.

Edit: Can't really say Oddish's moveset is much better. Sheesh is it too much to have a grass Pokemon know a grass move that isn't a status effect?

lupinko

You know, as I'm playing through Ruby again, for the second time this year, I find my biggest frustration and disappointment with this game is the selection (or lack thereof) of decent Pokemon for my group. And several of them just start off as helpless, so getting them to point they aren't is such a frustrating and time consuming task. My previous group felt okay at some point, but not sure my current group will.

Plus, things like Gyarados don't learn water moves until like 40. It's like, really guys? Really? Think the Pokemon choices are just awful. Then combine it with half the stuff being water routes and I just become frustrated. Trying to be better this time so at end I don't get stuck at E4 and have to go back and level. But the grass choice leveling is pretty awful too.

Were you able to rng your TID/SID? For shiny legendaries?

Atlantis

I know, right? :/ I should have looked it up BEFORE I caught it and started using it. I had to teach it Bullet Seed to even know a stupid grass move. Tempted to go get Oddish and replace him. Put a lot of work into Seedot so far but only recently ran into Oddish. But it's gotta be better than Seedot, right? Right?! :( Okay I gotta look up it's movepool before I catch just in case.

WTB team worth a crap.

Oddish is stuck with Absorb and Acid as its only attacking moves until level 39. :/ (Or 44 as Gloom/Vileplume)

It's still probably your best bet for a Grass-type if you don't want to use Shroomish.

Muku

Oddish is stuck with Absorb and Acid as its only attacking moves until level 39. :/ (Or 44 as Gloom/Vileplume)

It's still probably your best bet for a Grass-type if you don't want to use Shroomish.

I used Shroomish earlier this year on play through. It wasn't any better. ;_; That's why I decided to try for Seedot... god what an awful Pokemon.

lupinko

My battery is dead, which means it should be the default, correct?

Yeah with your dead battery you would be able to rng your own TID/SID so you can choose your own shiny spread. The TID/SID I found for you has said earliest shiny spreads of interest.

The dead battery keeps the seed stuck at 5A0 (Emerald's stuck at 0 or nothing hence its easy RNG, but RS with the dead battery is easier).

If you weren't able to rng said ID combination, you can still get shinies but that is dependent on your TID/SID. To learn your SID the easiest way you'd have to trade up to Gen 6 and run KeyBV between two 3DS.

If you have a cheat device for GBA or DS you can use it to see your SID as well.

With Pokecheck gone there no longer is a simple method unfortunately.

Muku

Yeah with your dead battery you would be able to rng your own TID/SID so you can choose your own shiny spread. The TID/SID I found for you has said earliest shiny spreads of interest.

The dead battery keeps the seed stuck at 5A0 (Emerald's stuck at 0 or nothing hence its easy RNG, but RS with the dead battery is easier).

If you weren't able to rng said ID combination, you can still get shinies but that is dependent on your TID/SID. To learn your SID the easiest way you'd have to trade up to Gen 6 and run KeyBV between two 3DS.

If you have a cheat device for GBA or DS you can use it to see your SID as well.

With Pokecheck gone there no longer is a simple method unfortunately.

This is why I asked early on is it okay just to start up if I have a dead battery? Didn't realize I'd have to generate something additional. Wayyyyyy too much crap for this. All this stuff goes over my head anyway really.

lupinko

This is why I asked early on is it okay just to start up if I have a dead battery? Didn't realize I'd have to generate something additional. Wayyyyyy too much crap for this. All this stuff goes over my head anyway really.

I thought I did say it was ok? You are supposed to have a dead battery for it to work. The dead battery is why the seed is stuck to a specific one in the first place and why it never changes! :D

My mistake if I didn't say or make it clearer before. :/

But generating your own specific TID/SID is what ensures your chosen shiny spread. This is also the same as Gen 4 and Gen 5 RNG abuse. And how people can have 6iv or 5iv flawless shiny mon in those games.

Like I said you can still have your shinies but if you didn't pick your own TID/SID, the actual spreads will be random. If you just mashed at the beginning of the game to pick your character and name, you can probably find your SID based on your TID using the rng reporter's pandora's box. And see the shiny spread you got, and thus continue playing.

Here's a step by step video on the RS TID/SID rng method.

http://youtu.be/j8QDzJj1RQw

I know it's bonkers, and once you actually get it, it's a piece of cake.

But then you get crazier by wanting to find more and more better shiny spreads that fit the legendaries you want.

I kinda over did it recently, almost to the point where I almost feel that friends shouldn't let friends rng. LOL

Macka

Feraligatr used to be my favourite Water starter, but for years now he's been plummeting in my list of favourite Pokemon. Never really knew why, until I noticed that his design has actually been changed.

160.png
160.png
160.gif

From left to right we have Gold, Silver and Crystal, where they changed his colours but kept the design the same.
160.png
160.png

The changes got a bit more pronounced in the leap to GBA though. He noticeably loses quite a lot of muscle-mass, and the back spikes stick up a lot higher as well.
160.png
160.png
160.gif

Here we have Diamond & Pearl, HG/SS & Black/White. He's shrunken down even more and in HG/SS is made an even lighter shade of blue, which is partially corrected in B/W and then gone back to in XY. His head used to be a lot bigger and he didn't have such a defined neck...it's like they've tried to make him look more humanoid.
feraligatr.gif

And this is the end result. Quite a huge difference imo. Feraligatr used to be big, bulky and menacing, and I don't get the same feeling from his modern design at all. His G/S Pokedex entry stated that he could drop down on all fours to move a lot quicker, and the sprite supports that idea - he looks like he has crazy upper body strength, whereas now he's just so skinny. Why the hell did they change him so much? I understand the initial colour changes in Crystal, but he's been getting lighter ever since, and the spikes don't look as good so tall. Are there any other Pokemon that have gone through similar adjustments over the years?

I don't want this to be taken the wrong way - I'm not a furry or whatever. I just much prefer the old design, looks way more badass imo.

What he should have looked like:

UEHlhfX.png

Muku

I thought I did say it was ok? You are supposed to have a dead battery for it to work. The dead battery is why the seed is stuck to a specific one in the first place and why it never changes! :D

My mistake if I didn't say or make it clearer before. :/

But generating your own specific TID/SID is what ensures your chosen shiny spread. This is also the same as Gen 4 and Gen 5 RNG abuse. And how people can have 6iv or 5iv flawless shiny mon in those games.

Like I said you can still have your shinies but if you didn't pick your own TID/SID, the actual spreads will be random. If you just mashed at the beginning of the game to pick your character and name, you can probably find your SID based on your TID using the rng reporter's pandora's box. And see the shiny spread you got, and thus continue playing.

Here's a step by step video on the RS TID/SID rng method.

http://youtu.be/j8QDzJj1RQw

I know it's bonkers, and once you actually get it, it's a piece of cake.

But then you get crazier by wanting to find more and more better shiny spreads that fit the legendaries you want.

I kinda over did it recently, almost to the point where I almost feel that friends shouldn't let friends rng. LOL

I just wasn't aware I had to generate one. Waste of 8 hours I suppose. At same time I wonder if it is worth restarting. Maybe come up with a less shitty group. It's possible to trade from LG to Ruby right? If so I might try to get a group together on LG and bring it over. My shit selection on Ruby makes me cry every time I have to choose a new shitty group. And thank you for video. Should help out.

Wasting 8 hours sucks, but I think what sucks worse is my horrible team. I think if I can bring something over that sucks less I'll be happier.

Edit: Looks like you have to beat LG/FR before you can trade, and get gems Is there a Ruby requirement? I don't think so, but checking. Thinking I might roll through FireRed again first. (Since at some point i deleted my finished file.. WTF.. and 25 mins into this file.)

lupinko

I just wasn't aware I had to generate one. Waste of 8 hours I suppose. At same time I wonder if it is worth restarting. Maybe come up with a less shitty group. It's possible to trade from LG to Ruby right? If so I might try to get a group together on LG and bring it over. My shit selection on Ruby makes me cry every time I have to choose a new shitty group. And thank you for video. Should help out.

Wasting 8 hours sucks, but I think what sucks worse is my horrible team. I think if I can bring something over that sucks less I'll be happier.

Edit: Looks like you have to beat LG/FR before you can trade, and get gems Is there a Ruby requirement? I don't think so, but checking. Thinking I might roll through FireRed again first. (Since at some point i deleted my finished file.. WTF.. and 25 mins into this file.)

Ouch, but anyway RS has no requirement only FRLGE do, kanto games need bill to install the RS stones and emerald needs the national dex for kanto or kanto/Johto only mon but not for RS.

So you can load up Ruby with Kanto starters and Gyarados, that's what I did.

I think it's worth to restart, I mean if you went with the spread I picked for you, you would get shiny:

Brave / Adamant Groudon
Naive / Adamant / Lonely / Modest Rayquaza
Adamant Regirock
Adamant Registeel
Modest Regice

And remember those are the earliest shiny frames with that spread so it's pretty cool.

Also you can give Regirock and Registeel seismic toss in FRLGE since right now there is no guarantee that move will return to move tutors at this time.

Lastly, just think that this could be your team in gen 3!

PhtfCXV.jpg

Muku

Yeah, restarted FR. My group, despite only consisting of only Charmander and Pikachu, already kick more ass than my whole group in Ruby. I think I'm going to have it easier this next Ruby restart. Will just be a while until I get to that point. But yeah, planned on working on FR after Ruby for Move Tutor. So guess this works as well. Plan on Move Tutoring my Pokemon as best as I can before I move up. Gimme dem moves.

Edit: Has anyone collected all the Unown? Be it through GTS or you bringing up all of them through older games. Tempted to do it but at same time seems like a lot of work on a Pokemon I don't care about so much.

ST2K

Feraligatr used to be my favourite Water starter, but for years now he's been plummeting in my list of favourite Pokemon. Never really knew why, until I noticed that his design has actually been changed.

I had long wondered why I remember Feraligatr being such a badass when he looks silly nowadays. Now I know.

It's a real shame they changed his design so much.

Edit: Has anyone collected all the Unown? Be it through GTS or you bringing up all of them through older games. Tempted to do it but at same time seems like a lot of work on a Pokemon I don't care about so much.

I have A-Z stuck in SoulSilver with a level 5 Mew, level 30 GameStop shiny dogs and a level 50 Celebi. I never knew about the punctuation Unown so I guess someday I'll have to go back and catch those if I ever go back and beat B/W/B2/W2.

Muku

I have A-Z stuck in SoulSilver with a level 5 Mew, level 30 GameStop shiny dogs and a level 50 Celebi. I never knew about the punctuation Unown so I guess someday I'll have to go back and catch those if I ever go back and beat B/W/B2/W2.

Just curious, but why didn't you bring them up? It's okay... I didn't realize there was punctuation Unown until fairly recently either. I said screw it. Seems like a lot of work. I'm assuming it's doable in games they appear, just time consuming.

Edit: Seriously, all these caves should be renamed Zubat Cave. Because that's all that are in these damp, dark hellholes.

Lord Helix commanded me to take his fossil...

lupinko

Speaking of LE Pokemon GBAs, has anyone seem what they fetch on ebay?

Seriously, so if I buy N3DS Kyogre, keep it all dandy and complete for 10 years, I too can sell it for insane sums?

Not that I would, since I buy stuff like that to keep and treasure.

Disregard my last comment in the giveaway post can't do it.
can anyone help me with a 5IV Shiny pikachu with a spiky tail and Volt tackle
can give a Shiny 5IV togepi with Super luck/Hustle or any event poke expect Shaymin
also a lot of my low tier but still good things left in the giveaway post so chack it out.

Muku

I guess I'll cross post here too.

r3ZSqxh.jpg

OMG that is so freaking adorable!

Actually what frustrates me a bit is during the Pikachu Outbreakchu thing, I was hoping to find some sleeping Pikachu plushies. They had several other items with Pikachu sleeping on them (including the chopsticks I got) but no sleeping Pikachu. :( Had to settle on a plush key chain Pikachu and the most adorable tiny Pikachu bell.

Azuran

Banned
Don't see what you did wrong. You could the walled the shit out his entire team if it wasn't for that unfortunate crit.

Looking back at it, switching out Hippo for Greninja as soon as Charizard came out was a dumb play on my part. I should have probably taken a hit and scouted him a bit before doing that. Thankfully, I had the team to get me the win, but it could have easily gone all wrong for me if he hadn't locked himself into Outrage.

Just a bit disappointed on myself for making a meal out of a battle that should have been a lot more simpler. I hadn't had a battle like that in some time so yeah.

Muku

So about to tackle Misty and she goes on about only those who have a policy about Pokemon can go pro. Her spiel is she's all about offensive movesPokemon. She brings out Staryu and what does she do? Uses Harden.

Would anyone be willing to help me out. Basically I need to trade 2 Doublade's to get them to evolve. That's it. Kinda stuck at the moment in just trying to get them to Aegislash. :)

one_kill

Yeah, restarted FR. My group, despite only consisting of only Charmander and Pikachu, already kick more ass than my whole group in Ruby. I think I'm going to have it easier this next Ruby restart. Will just be a while until I get to that point. But yeah, planned on working on FR after Ruby for Move Tutor. So guess this works as well. Plan on Move Tutoring my Pokemon as best as I can before I move up. Gimme dem moves.

I have all the Unown
I don't remember how I got them, but I transferred them from my Pearl cart

I do remember using them to tell my then-gf, "I love you!" haha

Azuran

Banned

It doesn't take much actually. I got all 28 forms in around 3 hours and that time also includes running around Union Cave and solving the puzzles.

It also looks awesome on the dex so it was so worth it

I was sent a battle video by a friend at work. I checked it out and found there was another option next to watching it. I had the ability to fight a computer controlled version of the same team! This blew my mind. I don't know how long this has been there, but I had loads of fun redoing old fights today. It also allowed me to practice my fairy match ups for the coming event. How late to the party am I on this feature?

Muku

I was sent a battle video by a friend at work. I checked it out and found there was another option next to watching it. I had the ability to fight a computer controlled version of the same team! This blew my mind. I don't know how long this has been there, but I had loads of fun redoing old fights today. It also allowed me to practice my fairy match ups for the coming event. How late to the party am I on this feature?

Oh snap, you can? News to me. :O

Ryaaan14

Banned
Hi PokeGAF some of you might know me from OT or various gaming threads, but just got hooked on Pokemon thanks to my gf getting me a 3DS for our anni. Made a Friend Safari post but just wanted to greet you all since I might be dropping in here from time to time. Would love to get to know all of you better, and ofc any rookie pointers would be helpful.

I've only played for a couple weeks but already dumped 60+ hrs into the game, and found a fascination with collecting rare specimen, not too keen on the battle scene yet. Been farming for shinies, Wonder Trading, and leveling mostly. Got lucky with Pokerus so been spreading that like the plague, although I'm sure you all have your own strains.

But yeah, hello. :_P

Muku

Hi PokeGAF some of you might know me from OT or various gaming threads, but just got hooked on Pokemon thanks to my gf getting me a 3DS for our anni. Made a Friend Safari post but just wanted to greet you all since I might be dropping in here from time to time. Would love to get to know all of you better, and ofc any rookie pointers would be helpful.

I've only played for a couple weeks but already dumped 60+ hrs into the game, and found a fascination with collecting rare specimen, not too keen on the battle scene yet. Been farming for shinies, Wonder Trading, and leveling mostly. Got lucky with Pokerus so been spreading that like the plague, although I'm sure you all have your own strains.

But yeah, hello. :_P

Howdy. :)

If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask. If you need any help with legendaries, let me know.

lupinko

I just preordered ORAS double pack from the Pokemon Center. What I found interesting was that there was no down payment for it.

And it was explained only people who wanted shipping had to pay for the service.

I also saw the preorder goods, very cool and I took pics which I'll upload in a bit.

I saw the kyogre N3DS and it looks really disappointing in person. The cover looks like some painted fabric.

Also pokemon whoops line is totally lol.

Muku

I just preordered ORAS double pack from the Pokemon Center. What I found interesting was that there was no down payment for it.

And it was explained only people who wanted shipping had to pay for the service.

I also saw the preorder goods, very cool and I took pics which I'll upload in a bit.

I saw the kyogre N3DS and it looks really disappointing in person. The cover looks like some painted fabric.

Also pokemon whoops line is totally lol.

Ah, do they have the N3DS on display?

Wish I had a PC closer though. Probably getting an iPhone 6 next week and I need a case for it. x_x I assume they have Pokemon iPhone 6 cases in already. I hope. Not sure when I can make it out that way to check though.

lupinko

Ah, do they have the N3DS on display?

Wish I had a PC closer though. Probably getting an iPhone 6 next week and I need a case for it. x_x I assume they have Pokemon iPhone 6 cases in already. I hope. Not sure when I can make it out that way to check though.

Yeah they do, here's some pics:

oHcQov6l.jpg

cGHyre6l.jpg

wSjNlicl.jpg

Gone Hoenn crazy!

NcVlK7Ql.jpg

Pokemon Oops.

rmoCybCl.jpg

6BjOjjBl.jpg

Muku

Oh man they have Rayquaza!

That Pokemon oops thing... o_O Did you see any iPhone cases? Probably weren't looking for them, but figure I'd ask. I'd like to hope they have some already but at same time have a feeling they'll be a bit behind. Cases in Bic here are mostly awful. WTB Pokemon case.

That Kyogre N3DS looks about what I figured. Weird. I'm not sure how the cases on the N3DS will work, but if it's how I'm thinking, then it's why it looks like crap.

Edit: Went to Bic today hoping they'd have one on display, but alas. However, the Metallic Blue that will come out here looks like it could be quite nice.

lupinko

Oh man they have Rayquaza!

That Pokemon oops thing... o_O Did you see any iPhone cases? Probably weren't looking for them, but figure I'd ask. I'd like to hope they have some already but at same time have a feeling they'll be a bit behind. Cases in Bic here are mostly awful. WTB Pokemon case.

That Kyogre N3DS looks about what I figured. Weird. I'm not sure how the cases on the N3DS will work, but if it's how I'm thinking, then it's why it looks like crap.

Edit: Went to Bic today hoping they'd have one on display, but alas. However, the Metallic Blue that will come out here looks like it could be quite nice.

Yeah I can go back tomorrow to see, but they do sell iPhone cases. I can see if they have any for 6. I tried out the 6 and 6+ at the Yamada Labi and I was really impressed, I want one so bad but I just spent $1400 on a plane ticket home for a wedding. I leave on Tuesday then back in two weeks.

Yeah I hope the regular cases are just some plastic and not that fabric painty thing stuff. I was really disappointed because I considered that Kyogre one strongly.

Oh well, I'll just buy a white one with a peach cover, problem solved, and cheaper too.

Muku

Yeah I can go back tomorrow to see, but they do sell iPhone cases. I can see if they have any for 6. I tried out the 6 and 6+ at the Yamada Labi and I was really impressed, I want one so bad but I just spent $1400 on a plane ticket home for a wedding. I leave on Tuesday then back in two weeks.

Yeah I hope the regular cases are just some plastic and not that fabric painty thing stuff. I was really disappointed because I considered that Kyogre one strongly.

Oh well, I'll just buy a white one with a peach cover, problem solved, and cheaper too.

Yeah, sadly by time I needed a new case for my 4S, 5 was already out. >< They only tend to keep most recent one in, but hoping they have moved on from the 5 already, haha. I'd appreciate it. Hoping they have some cool ones. Tried the 6 and 6 Plus yesterday at Bic (and today when I went again haha). Yeah, that 6.. it's time to upgrade. (Can't see how folks would want a 6 Plus, I like stuff that goes in my pocket. Edit: Should note I already have an iPad as well, so perhaps that has something to do with it.)

Ahh, ouch. Lotta money, but yeah. Remember when I first moved here a round trip ticket was only a bit over 1k. Sheeesh.

Will probably get JPN AS used. Got my JPN X used. Won't take long though with used here going back almost same day, LOL. Plus used stuff here is basically new anyway. Was watching the ORAS video at Bic's set up for preordering both. Mmm so ready for this game. Least favorite gen, but they still have me hyped for it. D:

lupinko

I'd go for Plus after trying them out mainly for the bigger battery. I admit though phablets are dumb.

I'll wait and see on the iphone front.

Anyway I'm debating if I should bother with shiny starters on my four games.

I'll post the shiny spreads later but one them is insane for my one of my Ruby.

Adamant 31/31/30/31/31/3-7 iirc.

Almost flawless.

So uhhh...got these in Wonder Trade last night about 5 mins apart...

BBj2nOYl.jpg

2NiTGM6l.jpg

I'm scared to leave the apt and get struck by lighting now.

Things like that I'd usually check the trainer name/ID. Then again it could be due to some pokemon streamer having a wondertrade session too. I think Fridays are another good wondertrade day. I know wednesdays for sure since thats when I got most of my shinies.

stolin

Did anyone get the Pokémon Trainer Club email code for the Heracross and Pinsir Mega Stones?

Only Pokémon Trainer Club members will receive the newsletter. You’ll need to have opted in to receiving the newsletter in your Pokémon Trainer Club account preferences by September 1, 2014.
http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/3ade2b4a-0c41-41ab-8572-be7e8a223084

I sent them a support request here is the response.

Thank you for contacting Pokémon Support.

The September Newsletter with the Mega Stone code is being sent out in batches. Please note that it may take up to a week or longer before all of the newsletters have been sent out. We appreciate your patience!.

Thank you for playing Pokémon!

Sincerely,
Pokémon Support Team​

lupinko

Here's are the shiny Spreads I'm going for on four of my carts:

Ruby ENG

Rayquaza Adamant 31 31 30 31 31 3 Dragon 70
Groudon Adamant 31 31 30 31 31 3 Dragon 70
Regice Sassy 14 26 9 12 12 21 Poison 31
Regirock Adamant 31 31 30 31 31 3 Dragon 70
Registeel Adamant 31 31 30 31 31 3 Dragon 70

I'm not sure for Latias as the only early (of any interest) options are:

Lonely 11 8 30 18 8 27 Poison 48
Sassy 14 26 9 12 12 21 Poison 31
Adamant 31 31 30 31 31 3 Dragon 70
Naive 31 27 16 25 3 2 Psychic 57
Rash 0 9 7 13 9 27 Dragon 37

Too bad she doesn't learn DD like Latios, So yeah, Lonely is the earliest shiny frame at 21s vs Rash at the longest at 14m19s.

Sapphire ENG

Rayquaza Timid 27 20 30 30 6 27 Poison 68
Kyogre Timid 27 20 30 30 6 27 Poison 68
Regice Calm 28 27 3 11 31 7 Dragon 69
Regirock Careful 15 24 2 6 20 10 Fighting 48
Registeel Careful 15 24 2 6 20 10 Fighting 48
Latios Timid 27 20 30 30 6 27 Poison 68

Little bit different with the Choice Specs Special Attacker Rayquaza.

Sapphire JPN

Rayquaza Adamant 29 24 2 2 24 28 Fighting 42
Kyogre Modest 28 13 24 29 31 29 Ice 50
Regice Modest 28 13 24 29 31 29 Ice 50
Regirock Adamant 29 24 2 2 24 28 Fighting 42
Registeel Adamant 29 24 2 2 24 28 Fighting 42
Latios Modest 28 13 24 29 31 29 Ice 50

Should I bother with another Adamant Rayquaza with the potentially better IV Modest one?

So any opinions?

Ruby JPN

Rayquaza Adamant 24 31 31 28 6 31 Ground 59
Groudon Adamant 24 31 31 28 6 31 Ground 59
Regice Quiet 16 5 14 24 7 3 Grass 57
Regirock Adamant 24 31 31 28 6 31 Ground 59
Registeel Adamant 24 31 31 28 6 31 Ground 59
Latias Timid 26 5 5 23 31 14 Psychic 66

Now for Regice another option would be:

Calm 19 17 0 8 7 26 Fire 56

The stats are worst but it does have HP Fire for novelty.

So what do you guys think?

Also should I really bother with shiny starters in these games? lol

Muku

I dunno if I'd bother with shiny starts in the game. Seems like a lot of work initially. Plus, I think it'd just be easier to breed a shiny one with good IVs in a current game so it'd be something usable at that point. While it'd be cool to have a shiny starter to run around with, just feel like time to get it isn't worth it.

lupinko

I dunno if I'd bother with shiny starts in the game. Seems like a lot of work initially. Plus, I think it'd just be easier to breed a shiny one with good IVs in a current game so it'd be something usable at that point. While it'd be cool to have a shiny starter to run around with, just feel like time to get it isn't worth it.

Yeah I think so too, if I wasn't trying to get shiny starters using rng (and it's harder to RNG for starters because I can't check the IVs to find the frame I landed on to recalibrate the timer), I would be playing already! Lol

I'm trying to do a Quiet Mudkip in JPN Ruby right now since it's the earliest shiny frame at 35s but even then it's annoying.

I could just go with the right nature, bring in Wishmaker Jirachi, Ageto Celebi, Colosseum Pikachu, 4 Eggs (1 Kanto starter, 1 Johto starter, Lapras and Tropius).

Basically i would smash through the game, well Colosseum Pikachu notso much.

Top Bottom