• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Hyper Voice isn't an egg move sadly, so you'll want a RNG'd Eevee or wait till ORAS comes out and hope Hyper Voice is a tutor move again.

I can RNG Eevee on emulator, but got no way of sending it to X/Y.

Some of us here has the means of sending stuff from ROM's into the carts and trading them up to XY if you're REALLY desperate on bringing stuff up from the emulators.

Hacked stuff won't go through bank of course and I want to avoid generated stuff. Abd really want to avoid pure copy cloning. But I'm fine with taking actual rom pokemon and bringing them in carts

Hell I have some of the twitch plays pokemon in the bank lol.

lupinko

Hacked stuff won't go through bank of course and I want to avoid generated stuff. Abd really want to avoid pure copy cloning. But I'm fine with taking actual rom pokemon and bringing them in carts

Hell I have some of the twitch plays pokemon in the bank lol.

Ah ok, because it's a lot easier to RNG on a rom than actual cart.

Although it is kinda fun to rng on a gen 3 cart, in a masochistic kind of way.

Gotta find a cheap JP Sapphire and JP Emerald to go with my JP Ruby, maybe even FR tho that's redundant since FRLG didn't give anything special really. And I have two LG carts.

Being able to move pokemon from roms into the carts is a neat little capability but something I want to avoid using alot. It helped me get my living dex thats for sure. The one thing I might do in the future is load up HGSS and capture pokemon in apricorn balls and start transferring a bunch enmasse. That will have to wait though, still need to play through this White 2 ROM so I can unlock the key stuff in my Black 2 Cart lol.

Joeys_Rattata

Neo Member
Hey PokeGaf! I've been lurking for about 4 years now even though I've been a member the entire time. I finally decided it was time to actually start interacting with people.

I just wanted to say hi. So, hello.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hey PokeGaf! I've been lurking for about 4 years now even though I've been a member the entire time. I finally decided it was time to actually start interacting with people.

You're

qDUODGy.png

you know that?

I kid, always good to have more people to play with.

Panzon

People are so unoriginal. I just went 2-3 against random people using Pachirisu. The sad thing is they run the exact same set as the guy who won the tournament. I mean c'mon man, really?

The guy who beat me had all ubers (was actually very skilled) so I barely stood a chance. Guess I gotta keep breeding and requesting til I can put a couple of decent teams together

lupinko

So for my Shiny Adamant Weather Trio all three have the following spread:
23/31/19/5/4/7 HP Steel

Shiny Rayquaza 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Outrage
Overheat

Pretty much standard, with the option of Choice Banding by switching DD with Extreme Speed.

Shiny Groudon 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Fire Punch
Dragon Claw

Also standard, I could use Stone Edge in place of Dragon Claw and for fun I'll MT Groudon Thunderpunch.

Shiny Kyogre 252 HP / 252 Atk
Body Slam
Avalanche
Waterfall
Earthquake

I am debating either Waterfall or Aqua Tail, so that's 120 vs 135 power, but Waterfall has flinch chance and with Body Slam you get Paraflinch hax, also this Kyogre being slow Avalanche could hit for 120.

For reference:

Mild 4/26/19/12/20/27 HP Poison
Brave 9/22/22/18/8/14 HP Fighting
Quiet 12/17/8/1/18/27 HP Ghost
Naughty 15/3/10/12/16/0 HP Fighting
Careful 18/3/28/16/2/23 HP Poison

The only other shiny spreads that I can quickly go for are Mild and Quiet, but both have pitiful SpA IVs, with Quiet being 1 IV. So for this shiny Kyogre, I'll go with the the adamant build. Any opinions on this? And no, the earliest Modest (6/28/12/21/31/27 HP Ice) frame is every 53 minutes as opposed to those earlier frames. I'm not that crazy since I can probably do 6IV Modest in HG through TID/PID rng with a perfect shiny spread or do the same in sapphire with a near perfect spread.

Welcome aboard! Would you be interested in free complementary legendaries? :)

Muku

Howdy. :)

Always good to have another amongst the Pokemon community.

People are so unoriginal. I just went 2-3 against random people using Pachirisu. The sad thing is they run the exact same set as the guy who won the tournament. I mean c'mon man, really?

The guy who beat me had all ubers (was actually very skilled) so I barely stood a chance. Guess I gotta keep breeding and requesting til I can put a couple of decent teams together

I barely lost a match against a guy with a Gliscor the other day. That motherfucker tanked the entire match through.

It made me switch from Gallade to Blaziken for my fighting type, because my Blaziken knows Stone Edge and I really missed having it during the battle.

I also messed up on accidentally using a fighting move against Gliscor, but shit happens. :lol

Some of us here has the means of sending stuff from ROM's into the carts and trading them up to XY if you're REALLY desperate on bringing stuff up from the emulators.
Interesting...

I would only transfer RNG'd Pokemon. Nothing hacked.

Then again I think I should just wait for ORAS and hope all the cool tutor moves are back. Decisions...
Damn.

Do the serial codes end up on ebay? It's just not worth the time, effort, cost and humiliation of driving to my nearest GAME at the age of 27 and asking if I could have a pokemon please?

I do it and I'm 27, turning 28 soon : P

For your question, I haven't checked TBH. I'm assuming "yes" because I've seen Japanese Darkrai codes on ebay and those are much rarer.

Whoops, I'm part of the problem. Maybe we all had a sudden appreciation for the little electric squirrel? XD

Muku

Damn.

Do the serial codes end up on ebay? It's just not worth the time, effort, cost and humiliation of driving to my nearest GAME at the age of 27 and asking if I could have a pokemon please?

Ain't no shame in it man. I'm older and go to these events here. Normally, folks my age going to them are parents with their kids. I go there for the Pokemon with no kids in tow, haha. You might get strange looks, but I've gotten to point I just don't care. I like what I like. Plus, being here I already get stared at anyway, so meh. LOL

Panzon

Whoops, I'm part of the problem. Maybe we all had a sudden appreciation for the little electric squirrel? XD
I think I was just salty after that lost last night haha. Its definitely a great strategy and should be appreciated. Makes me wonder how many diaminfs in the rough there are in the game that haven't been found.

I'm having a real hard time pairing my Sylveon with anyone. I guess her speed is the problem but she hits hard though

Joqu

Just heard from a friend Pokéball Vivillion has been distributed already?! Just my luck for taking a two week break from Pokémon. D:

Joeys_Rattata

Neo Member
Aw, thanks for the welcome everyone!

Welcome aboard! Would you be interested in free complementary legendaries? :)

I don't want to take any legendaries away from anyone else, but if no one else wants it, sure, I'll take it.

oh god what if this is a trick question and i look like an ass now.

Well yeah, that's how Pokemon works. If a set somebody else made suits your needs perfectly then it makes little sense to use something else. The goal of a Pokemon battle is to win. The game's criteria for winning don't include being fancy.

A lot of the time you want to check the mon's EVs and see if you need to adjust them to fit your needs, though.

Originality is less likely to net results unless you are very good player to start with (or bank on opponents not knowing much about say, Cryogonal) or run crazy gimick stats (Assist Contrary Spinda and V-Create Smeargle). At the same time a top player usually diverges fro the pack slightly (as Pachirisu shows).

I'd be so glad to go up against a Pachirisu. I always run up against Charizard Y, Tyranitar, and Rotom Wash.

lupinko

Aw, thanks for the welcome everyone!

I don't want to take any legendaries away from anyone else, but if no one else wants it, sure, I'll take it.

oh god what if this is a trick question and i look like an ass now.

Lol no.

I'm the resident legendary hustler, and farm Wishmaker Jirachi, Ageto Celebi and Dream Radar Hooh, Lugia, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus.

I have a list of the pokes available and for the dream radar one I can even farm ones with your OT name (not exceeding 7 characters) and nature.

Usually I ask for great breedables but for newbies I just give them as complements just cause.

I think I was just salty after that lost last night haha. Its definitely a great strategy and should be appreciated. Makes me wonder how many diaminfs in the rough there are in the game that haven't been found.

I'm having a real hard time pairing my Sylveon with anyone. I guess her speed is the problem but she hits hard though
What kind of Sylveon are you using? I've found that a support set works better for my team because as you said, it's slow.

Only 4 SRs, and Adamant Kyogre was simply too dumb.
Well now, lol

Paraflinch hax is harder to pull off without Serene Grace anyway.

Panzon

What kind of Sylveon are you using? I've found that a support set works better for my team because as you said, it's slow.

Well now, lol

I'm running a Modest set and she takes a special attacks like nothing. Problem is I cant seem to check attackers like Arbok or Any steel pokemon. Im having a hard time finding her a partner that can support her lack of defense and speed

I'm running an Adamant set and she takes a special attacks like nothing. Problem is I cant seem to check attackers like Arbok or Any steel pokemon. Im having a hard time finding her a partner that can support her lack of defense and speed
Physical Sylveon sounds weird, I assume it has Pixilate then?
Rotom Wash or Heat seems to be the best pairing with it. It quad-resists steel and cripples physical attackers with WoW and speedters with T Wave. Other good ones are Magnezone, Heatran, and Ferrothorn.

Panzon

Physical Sylveon sounds weird, I assume it has Pixilate then?
Rotom Wash or Heat seems to be the best pairing with it. It quad-resists steel and cripples physical attackers with WoW and speedters with T Wave. Other good ones are Magnezone, Heatran, and Ferrothorn.

Holy shit my bad I meant Modest (was breeding an Adamant gyrados as I was typing). Sorry for the confusion

lupinko

Well now, lol

I know right?

I was upset that I got the much better Kyogre (better IVs, nature regardless of -def since lefties takes care of that and HP EVs) over a weaker gimmicky one. And I got in roughly 12 minutes as opposed for the adamant one which I hadn't gotten in 3 hours.

What the hell is wrong with that? All this farming has gotten to me. Lol

Firestorm

Almost anyone using Pachirisu is using it because they're stupid and think it's good. It's not something that fits just any team and outside the VGC '14 format there's little reason to use it...

Also play Rated, not Free! That way no ubers.

turbocat

FYI to everyone here, I'm currently breeding Timid Charmanders with Dragon Pulse and Dragon Dance. Most of my trade fodder will have a couple of perfect IVs, but if you're looking for something specific, let me know and we can make a deal.

I'll be breeding Jolly ones once I've got the Timid ones that I need.

Faenix1

Any non-americans here get there Pokemon Trainer Club newsletter with the hercanite/pinsirite (typoed those, I know it lol) codes yet?

O that's a bummer well ,stuff I don't need time:
Celebi (JPN/Rush/lvl 10)
Porygon Z x 6
Shiny Stone x 3 (Comes with 5IV togetic)
Charizardite X
Absolite
Lucarionite
Sun Stone x 2
PP-Max
PP-Up
Rare Candy

I could use a Porygon Z - though not near my 3DS for a bit.

Top Bottom