• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

Well the water Pokemon aren't actually made out of water. Most of them are based off aquatic animals. Go set a turtle, penguin, duck, fish, etc. on fire and see what happens.

EDIT: I've never actually done that, just saying. Pretty sure they'd burn.

I know, however, some really shouldn't be burned. Hell, they probably shouldn't even be living out of water. Magikarp comes to mind. Haha. My point is some probably don't belong out of water to begin with, and well, they wouldn't be set on fire in the water. Pretty sure there are a couple of Pokemon that have slime or something within their description which probably should prevent them from being burned as well. I dunno. I feel like they don't add stuff like that because they don't want folks to favor them in certain situations or something.

Edit: Though my main frustration with burning comes from TCG as of late. Hopped back in with the iPad app. Card game has changed a boatload since I've last played years ago.

decaf

Could someone hook me up with a female Dratini / Dragonair / Dragonite with Multiscale in a Dream Ball please? Will trade just about anything for it. It's the last key to my dream team.

Is anyone here collecting Dream Ball Pokemon? I'd be up for trading all manner of event Pokemon I have lying around.

EWmof.gif

SirKhalid

Does anyone know if the Shiny Gengar event also open to Canadians?

Suppose to be.

http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/whatsnew/detail/bmZxLqx4zbig2X1uHI-DkUlEwTiQcFZt

Gengar is as ready for a fight as it is for a fright. By picking up a special code card at participating EB Games locations in Canada, you can add this sinister Pokémon to your Pokémon X or Pokémon Y game. This Gengar is a Shiny Pokémon, meaning it's a different color from most Gengar you will meet.

Illucio

Banned
I'm just wanted to stop by and warn people that Gamestop employees have been trying to trick their customers to pre-order Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire to get their Gengar download cards.
YOU DON'T NEED TO PRE-ORDER, THEY ARE FREE.

If an employee is claiming that you need a pre-order, show them a email with the information, you can go on Facebook to show them their own advertisement for it, and heck you can even point at the poster in-store.

If they employee continues to refuse, get his name and report him online or by calling Gamestop corporate and explain the situation. They are purposely trying to have you pre-order so they can meet their monthly quota of how pre-orders they need to make per month.
Regional managers frown at this sort of behavior, and they will address the situation, any continued actions from employees will lose their jobs.

Gamestop is putting down a little more effort this promotion because of the problems they were having with the Heracross/Pinsir promotion. Gamestop does want you to pre-order or buy the game from them, but they don't want to deny you what is supposed to be a free promotion event to have you come in store.

Please share this info to anyone you know planning on stopping at Gamestop to pick up a Gengar or the upcoming Diance download card. If an employee asks you if you have a pre-order so you can have a card, even if you have one. Please still report them.

Velcro Fly

So is it a card that I get for the Gengar? Or is this something I need to connect to wi-fi in GameStop to get? I ignored the mega stone one that just ended since I can get them in game just fine.

So is it a card that I get for the Gengar? Or is this something I need to connect to wi-fi in GameStop to get? I ignored the mega stone one that just ended since I can get them in game just fine.

It should be a code. I haven't gotten one before, but I assume they give you a little card or something comparable.

Muku

Friend posted his on my FB profile. It's a purple card with Shiny Mega Gengar on it.

Edit: Interesting. Posted on FB about the Gengar/GS preorder thing and friend says on his card itself it says that preorders could be required. Seems like they're giving mixed signals. The ad on their FB page itself says "No purchase necessary." But you wouldn't even know that a preorder could be on table until after you did it just to get the card and then read fine print.

I see in the ad the Spirit Link deal. I'm assuming that's Shiny Mega Gengar with a Spirit Link energy TCG card or something? How does one obtain that at GS?

4XFrbun.jpg

Yup. It's a nice little keepsake honestly. Still, going in and having to ask is a bit awkward compared to just downloading. I could feel the guy glaring at me after i got the code and just walked out lol
I was a bit surprised that there's also a number on it, unlike the Pinsirite/Heracronite ones. So....maybe there's a set amount?

Edit: Interesting. Posted on FB about the Gengar/GS preorder thing and friend says on his card itself it says that preorders could be required. Seems like they're giving mixed signals. The ad on their FB page itself says "No purchase necessary." But you wouldn't even know that a preorder could be on table until after you did it just to get the card and then read fine print.
On the card it states that "Deposit may be required", but its referring to the "Pre-order also available" for ORAS. Gamestop usually has a $5 deposit on the games.

Muku

You know, after breeding in FireRed again, for Pokemon I want to bring into Ruby to run through it again
that don't suck
, I never want to do this again. I forgot how awful and slow breeding was and why I rarely did it. This is a reminder of my desperation before I can hop into Ruby again. After this, think I might just drag some breeding rejects from X into ORAS. Because unless they've dramatically changed the ability to get less shitty Pokemon at start in it, I'm going to have a heck of a time with ORAS. Balanced enough group make up doesn't feel like it happens for a long time into that game.

Fireblend

Banned
Bamm now only gave you one so be a good boyfriend.

Thanks a lot man! and yes, of course it goes to my gf :) she's the one who let me know of the promotion in the first place, I haven't even been able to play Pokemon X in the last couple of months unfortunately :p

In fact a note to everyone: if a more dedicated player needs a card/code, make sure he/she gets it before sending one to me :p

Muku

3qDdJOl.jpg

Downloading the demo now.

Johto Guardians and Sinnoh/Unova Dragons split per game.

Sweet, you picked it up. Anything cool Pokemon wise in it? Especially any extra stuff that comes with it. I never set my JPN 3DS up for eshop and have no real intention to, so code would just be given out on GAF. But would save me a walk down the street to the bookstore. Though curious, you pick it up at Lawson or 711?

Edit: I see on PokemonCenter site (for US), Halloween has arrived! I remember someone here a while back complaining the PC they visited in Japan didn't have Pumpkaboo or something. Well, if you read this and live in US, guess they're offering Pumpkaboo on the site now for Halloween. Gourgeist and some others as well.

lupinko

Sweet, you picked it up. Anything cool Pokemon wise in it? Especially any extra stuff that comes with it. I never set my JPN 3DS up for eshop and have no real intention to, so code would just be given out on GAF. But would save me a walk down the street to the bookstore. Though curious, you pick it up at Lawson or 711?

I went to Sunkus since Lawson and 7/11 didn't have it yet. From what I saw, the pokemon stuff is only in that little manga, everything else is just stuff I don't care about. Lol

I haven't looked into it in detail yet though, I'm eating breakfast right now and I hear the demo finished downloading.

Muku

I went to Sunkus since Lawson and 7/11 didn't have it yet. From what I saw, the pokemon stuff is only in that little manga, everything else is just stuff I don't care about. Lol

I haven't looked into it in detail yet though, I'm eating breakfast right now and I hear the demo finished downloading.

Nice! Gotta let us know how it is. I didn't think anything would be included outside of Mega news and the code. Usually hop in on the magazine when they offer something fun. Maybe I'll walk down to store and check it out later just in case.

lupinko

The game looks nicer, sorta I guess? I dunno if it's a new game placebo effect. The Japanese demo is only in Japanese.

The new app is cool as it makes use of the bottom screen, showing the news for example.

Edit: Wow, I just noticed, real analog walking and running when using the analog! I guess this replaces the rollerblades?

TLVolqD.jpg

Lol Shiny Metagross Steven.

Muku

I'm curious... is the FPS better? Not sure if you can get in horde fights in demo,b ut hope so. I keep 3D turned off and think the slowdown on X/Y is awful with horde battles. Just praying it got better.

lupinko

I'm curious... is the FPS better? Not sure if you can get in horde fights in demo,b ut hope so. I keep 3D turned off and think the slowdown on X/Y is awful with horde battles. Just praying it got better.

3d is better one on one, there's a slight drop the first time but it's fine afterward (providing you kept it on). Game turns it off during two on two. I got to the second part of the demo but I have to get ready for work now.

Muku

3d is better one on one, there's a slight drop the first time but it's fine afterward (providing you kept it on). Game turns it off during two on two. I got to the second part of the demo but I have to get ready for work now.

Ah, interesting. But even if it turns it off, is it not bad? Because like in X/Y you can have 3D turned off on some of that but it still is crap.

Mush

I have a few questions for you guys, hopefully someone here has the answer(s).

1. I'm going to be upgrading from my OG 3DS to a New 3DS XL when ORAS launches. Now because I want to trade in my 3DS for store credit before the game launches I'm a little unsure on how the item transfer thing will work since the New 3DS releases here on the same date as ORAS. Is there anyone clued up on this? Or will we have to wait until the game releases?

2. Is there anyway to get a heads-up on the Pokemon plush releases? I know a few of you here are regular visitors to the stores so perhaps someone can provide some insight on how it works. The reason I ask is because I would like to know if Altaria will be getting a plush doll sometime in the near future because it's always been my favourite Poke and with it's upcoming Mega Evolution I can only assume they will be releasing one to coincide with ORAS.

Top Bottom