• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Been away from Pokemon for a bit, but did a bit of catching up with the ORAS demo and Shiny Gengar codes : )

Also, kind of OT, but those ORAS demo leaks... Finally I can get a
Hyper Voice
Eevee without selling a kidney (sorry, I meant trading a shiny).

But that Japanese ORAS merchandise campaign... I like how Shaymin will probably be more common now, but I can't imagine how likely it is for somebody not in Japan to get a Keldeo or Victini.

TCG packs count? Well, those don't sound too bad to farm. Maybe I could buy a bunch of packs, then sell off the cards or something. Would be easier than selling sandwiches, right?

Muku

Awww yes. Curious about this clipping stuff. I've gotten Victini and Keldeo through events before, so only one I'm interested in one that I haven't gotten personally in an event which is Shaymin. Only needs 1? Not entirely sure I get idea how it's going to work, but looks like it needs the least amount. Sounds like win to me.

Edit: Just curious, is anyone else a bit sad when you transfer your Pokemon up and it removes the date obtained on it? I dunno, sometimes wish I could go back and see when I got something, then remember it removes all that info. Shows me from which region it came from. Not that I care about that. Would rather have date. Just wondering if it's only me that is anal about that. :(

Awww yes. Curious about this clipping stuff. I've gotten Victini and Keldeo through events before, so only one I'm interested in one that I haven't gotten personally in an event which is Shaymin. Only needs 1? Not entirely sure I get idea how it's going to work, but looks like it needs the least amount. Sounds like win to me.

Edit: Just curious, is anyone else a bit sad when you transfer your Pokemon up and it removes the date obtained on it? I dunno, sometimes wish I could go back and see when I got something, then remember it removes all that info. Shows me from which region it came from. Not that I care about that. Would rather have date. Just wondering if it's only me that is anal about that. :(

Definitely not the only one. That bugs me to no end. Especially for pokes I know I have had since 3rd gen.

I started with X/Y, but I think I'd be annoyed/sad as well.

For some of my events, I've been grabbing them on fun days (like 31st October for Gengar) or my birthday, so it would suck if that info is lost in Gen 7 or something.

If that happened, I'd probably keep my Pokemon in Gen 6.

So freaking annoying, really hope they fix it, and also eggssssss

Velcro Fly

Hometown gamestop hooked it up with the Gengar code.

Also got Chansey in my friend safari from my Y cart and OG 3DS. So I guess I can farm lucky eggs instead of having good breeding.

that reminds me to ask: Does anyone have a Bulbasaur or Gible *or Pikachu with hidden ability? I'd prefer a female, but beyond that it doesn't really matter. Alternatively if someone has a safari for them that'd be awesome.

Anybody in EU, who has spare Shiny Gengar Serial Codes left?

I would appreciate it, since I live in the middle of nowhere.

Those are a bit more difficult to obtain since other companies are less lax then Gamestop I can however give you one of my Modest Event Gengars

yes on the last 2

I'll trade you a couple spitbacks for 'em. I've got ghastlies (dusk/moon), aerodactyls, Laprases (dive), Mawile (Level), Scraggies (repeat) as well as a few odd others sitting around.

Friendcode in profile, I assume the one in your profile is accurate? Can you trade now?

*Trade complete, Thank you very much :3

I'll trade you a couple spitbacks for 'em. I've got ghastlies (dusk/moon), aerodactyls, Laprases (dive), Mawile (Level), Scraggies (repeat) as well as a few odd others sitting around.

Friendcode in profile, I assume the one in your profile is accurate? Can you trade now?

yep on and ready

If you still need help I can do that when I give you your pokes.
It's just that in Y I don't have anyone under my friend list, so I don't know how I'm supposed to trade with anyone over wifi.

When are you avalible to trade, by the way?
that reminds me to ask: Does anyone have a Bulbasaur or Gible *or Pikachu with hidden ability? I'd prefer a female, but beyond that it doesn't really matter. Alternatively if someone has a safari for them that'd be awesome.

Still need a HA Bulbasaur? I can breed one up real quick.

4 more Gengar code cards. If you meet the above criteria send me a PM.

Edit: just stopped by the GameStop near me again and managed to get three more Gengar Cards, so now I have 7 to give away to anyone who meets the above criteria.

Edit 2 : 5 left

4 Gengar codes left

Edit: 3 Left

Mush

I have a few questions for you guys, hopefully someone here has the answer(s).

1. I'm going to be upgrading from my OG 3DS to a New 3DS XL when ORAS launches. Now because I want to trade in my 3DS for store credit before the game launches I'm a little unsure on how the item transfer thing will work since the New 3DS releases here on the same date as ORAS. Is there anyone clued up on this? Or will we have to wait until the game releases?

2. Is there anyway to get a heads-up on the Pokemon plush releases? I know a few of you here are regular visitors to the stores so perhaps someone can provide some insight on how it works. The reason I ask is because I would like to know if Altaria will be getting a plush doll sometime in the near future because it's always been my favourite Poke and with it's upcoming Mega Evolution I can only assume they will be releasing one to coincide with ORAS.
Anyone? :(

If i'm understanding your first question correctly, you're asking to to system transfer when you're trying to trade in your OG for a New? I think most major retailers have some method of dealing with this (letting you do the system transfer at the store or something, I'm not sure).

As to your second... I'm honestly not sure there's an easy way to do it. There are browser addons that will ping you when a URL updates. Maybe you can try one of those if no one has a more elegant solution.

one_kill

Hope one of my local retailers still have Gengar codes
It's not really for me, but for my little brother

@Mush: If system transfer is a option at your local retailer, then you need to do it on the day

Muku

It's just that in Y I don't have anyone under my friend list, so I don't know how I'm supposed to trade with anyone over wifi.

When are you avalible to trade, by the way?

Still need a HA Bulbasaur? I can breed one up real quick.

Just your copy of Y that does that? Are folks not showing up on your list at all, or are they all grayed out?

Just your copy of Y that does that? Are folks not showing up on your list at all, or are they all grayed out?

Just Y, and no one is there at all. It's the digital version, which I have on the same 3DS (I only have one) I use for my physical X copy. My friend safaris from X are all there however.

Muku

Just Y, and no one is there at all. It's the digital version, which I have on the same 3DS (I only have one) I use for my physical X copy. My friend safaris from X are all there however.

Are you sure that the PSS is enabled? Thought I remember having this problem on my physical copy of X at one point.

Yep and I turned it off and back on just to make sure.

I looked my problem up and apparently I need to be online when someone else is. I assumed that they'd already be there since I started the game with everyone in the 3DS friend list, but I guess I'll have to try that.

Mastersheen, if you're free I'd definitely still like that bulbasaur (assuming the issue you're having doesn't negate that). I missed your comment earlier. I have some odd issues with in-game friendslist in pokemon as well, though. It's kind of inconsistant how many people show up, seems to me.

Mastersheen, if you're free I'd definitely still like that bulbasaur (assuming the issue you're having doesn't negate that). I missed your comment earlier. I have some odd issues with in-game friendslist in pokemon as well, though. It's kind of inconsistant how many people show up, seems to me.

Ok, let me work on that. This issue doesn't happen on my main X game, so no problems with that

Ok, let me work on that. This issue doesn't happen on my main X game, so no problems with that

Alrighty! let me know. I'll trade you a spitback for it. I posted a few options in a previous comment if you're curious what I've got, otherwise I'll just give you whatever spitback looks good.

*Thanks a bunch, sorry for my inattentiveness, multitasking :X

Velcro Fly

I caught Zygarde and Mewtwo in fewer than 10 tosses.

The thrill of the hunt just isn't there anymore :(

I did get a beneficial nature for Special Attack and a 31 Special Attack IV. So I guess I'm going to EV train it for special attack at least for lulz. But I know it's worthless other than just blasting through the elite 4 again.

I caught Zygarde and Mewtwo in fewer than 10 tosses.

The thrill of the hunt just isn't there anymore :(

I did get a beneficial nature for Special Attack and a 31 Special Attack IV. So I guess I'm going to EV train it for special attack at least for lulz. But I know it's worthless other than just blasting through the elite 4 again.

if you're looking for a hunt, you could try using the pokeradar to chain for shinies

Kilvin

Grabbed a Shiny Gengar code today and they gave me the Diancie as well. Since its a code can I get my Diancie now? I'm afraid to try in fear of voiding my code.

Due to some bad things, I am now living away from any near gamestops. I loved getting event Pokemon and hate to give any away, but I have either an extra Shiny Suicune or an extra shiny Pichu from whenever those events were. Both untouched, so no experience or anything. If anyone is willing I'll trade whoever you choose for a untouched Shiny Gengar from the US gamestop events.

Only thing is internet it shit here. So if anyone takes me up on the offer, prepare for a good chance of disconnects. :/

3DS FC is 3351-4051-6189 IGN is Clara. Dunno when If I could connect tonight or not but just throwing this out there.

Muku

This article from Nugget Bridge might help you out. Breeding for HP is a colossal pain in the ass, though. I am not looking forward to breeding Raichus.

Yeah, don't blame you. Took forever when I was breeding Pikachus. Got a new one th replace old breeder? Fantastic, now you gotta go get it to evolve. /cry Got my shiny, not going back to that. Think I'm going to avoid Pokemon I need to evolve baby form to breed from now on unless I want it for my group.

Mush

As to your second... I'm honestly not sure there's an easy way to do it. There are browser addons that will ping you when a URL updates. Maybe you can try one of those if no one has a more elegant solution.
Does the Pokemon Centre store website get the same stuff as the Japan does?

Muku

Some of what I've seen is at store here. But I don't live close enough to one to see the changes. I know the Pikachu with hat and all are (or at least were) here.

Yeah, don't blame you. Took forever when I was breeding Pikachus. Got a new one th replace old breeder? Fantastic, now you gotta go get it to evolve. /cry Got my shiny, not going back to that. Think I'm going to avoid Pokemon I need to evolve baby form to breed from now on unless I want it for my group.

Yeah really... I had initially forgotten pichu can't breed. I was so hopeful. :( Thankfully I don't really want a shiny. That'd be hell. Once I start breeding for shiny ninetails/ludicolo that'll truly be my end.

I unfortunately have absolutely no clue. I'm inclined to say no, since that seems to be the pattern. Perhaps someone else has a better answer for you.

lupinko

Some of what I've seen is at store here. But I don't live close enough to one to see the changes. I know the Pikachu with hat and all are (or at least were) here.

Oh speaking of PC, the Spooky Party pokemon are on clearance right now and you get a free poster. So Pikachu using Gourgeist as a banjo gets you a free Froakie and Fennekin spooky poster.

Top Bottom