• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

L.O.R.D

that weird

i have carbink with skill swap
trying skill swap with shedinja but fail every time i use it
i saw someone on youtube doing this trick on triple battle and success
but i can't do it, does GF patched this ?

DaBoss

that weird

You can't use Skill Swap on Wonder Guard.

It can't be used on Illusion and Multitype either. Also, I don't think it will work on Stance Change either.

Wichu

that weird

Wonder Guard can't be skill swapped. It can be overwritten with other abilities, or copied with Trace, but you can't use Skill Swap or Role Play to copy it.

Tiamant

So I'm building a Trick Room team and I'm not quite sure who I want to train.

I already have a TR Porygon2 and a TR Ferrothorn and I'm currently breeding a TR Reuniclus. After that I'm thinking either Slowbro or Cofagrigus. I would love to use both as I'm a huge fan of both of them, but that would put me at four special attacking users and that seems a bit much - and their movepools are kinda overlapping, especially with Reuniclus . What other physical TR users are there? Currently thinking maybe Marowak or Conkeldurr

Marowak, always Marowak.

MicH

Thanks for the advice on a Trick Room team, guys. So far I have:

Reuniclus w/ 0 Speed
Ferrothorn w/ 0 Speed
Porygon2 w/ 0 Speed

Thinking about adding Marowak and maybe Scrafty (since I bred one today). Might add in a Cofagrigus or a member of the Slow family :p

SeZMehK

Do Friend Safari Hidden Abilities unlock after that player beats the game or when you've been online simultaneously?

Once they beat the game and you see them online once. As long as you have the third slot open, there is a chance to get HA. It is higher when the person is online.

Edit: Damn, beaten twice!

Darn, thanks guys. Does anyone have a Kirlia Safari and can please catch me a female Telepathy one in a Premier Ball? I have a male with egg moves but it won't pass the ball down with Ditto or the ability if I breed with Kirlia.

Kirlia

Banned
Shiny 6v ralts with hyper voice here I come!

Oh sweet lordy lord, if you get any 5IV/6IV female rejects, might I have one? If need be, I'll breed you a 5IV Pokemon of some kind in return.

Hilariously enough, I actually have a 5IV Ralts...except that the one non-perfect IV, Defense, is 0. I'd so use/breed her otherwise (even if I tried breeding, though, the 0 Defense IV could transfer to the kids via Destiny Knot, right?). :/

Darn, thanks guys. Does anyone have a Kirlia Safari and can please catch me a female Telepathy one in a Premier Ball? I have a male with egg moves but it won't pass the ball down with Ditto or the ability if I breed with Kirlia.

I do have a Kirlia Safari, but, sadly, I've never caught the person who gave it to me online, so they don't have their HAs. :(

Delio

So I'm making a bunch of Power ranger themed teams ( im a major nerd sue me) but good lord. I forgot Pyroar has such a low percentage to be a male. Ugh kill me @_@

DaBoss

Hyper Voice is not an egg move.

You can breed the Ralts with a Pokemon that has a 31 IV in Def and it will either pass down the 0 IV or the 31 IV (or not even pass either down at all).
I think I may have one, but can't check at the moment.
Oh really? I've been reading that all over the place. :x
I only see it on Bulbapedia.

backlot

Oh sweet lordy lord, if you get any 5IV/6IV female rejects, might I have one? If need be, I'll breed you a 5IV Pokemon of some kind in return.
(

5IV rejects are very unlikely in a 5th gen game. That person is probably using RNG manipulation.

Kirlia

Banned
Hyper Voice is not an egg move.

You can breed the Ralts with a Pokemon that has a 31 IV in Def and it will either pass down the 0 IV or the 31 IV (or not even pass either down at all).

Yeah...5 IVs total from the parents, right? I might try breeding her in the future, then. Or maybe the Ralts is a he. I can't remember.

Either way, I will get a perfect Ralts someday, Hyper Voice or not.

5IV rejects are very unlikely in a 5th gen game. That person is probably using RNG manipulation.

Ohhh, they're breeding in a fifth gen game? Gah, sorry. I feel really spacey today.

Delio

How would a power ranger team work? What are the other Pokemon?

Well depends on the season. I'm working on the "Wild Zords" first because there are so many. So im going for Pyroar,Braviary,Sharpedo,Bouffalant and Luxray. Not really a workable team competitive wise but there you go lol.

KiraFA37

Playing that balloon poppin game on he global link site, I am the proud owner of the pokemon worlds supply of Tamato berries! (and no single dusk stone...)

one_kill

So I'm making a bunch of Power ranger themed teams ( im a major nerd sue me) but good lord. I forgot Pyroar has such a low percentage to be a male. Ugh kill me @_@
I reckon you could make a Mighty Morphin team now

Red - Tyrantrum
Black - Mamoswine
Blue - Bastiodon/Aggron
Yellow - Raikou
Pink - Aerodactyl
Green - Rayquaza
White - Staraptor/Talonflame

Kirlia

Banned
Playing that balloon poppin game on he global link site, I am the proud owner of the pokemon worlds supply of Tamato berries! (and no single dusk stone...)

Aww, sorry dude. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be the proud owner of 999 Kelpsy and Hondew Berries at some point. I do have some spare Dusk Stones, so if you want one, I can trade you it later.

RoySFNR

I'm really sorry to be 'that guy', but is there anyone with a Ditto Friend Safari or a decent IV's Ditto they could spare? Quiting the battle simulators for the real thing but starting off with nothing makes it kinda difficult.

Tiamant

(mental note: solid rock + assault vest Carracosta)

edit: giving swift swim (32 speed) to Carracosta must be one of Game Freak finest troll moments.

edit2: holy hell, Carracosta actually outclasses my dear Kabutops in pretty much everything, give him an AV and we're talking hot business right here.

Kirlia

Banned
I'm really sorry to be 'that guy', but is there anyone with a Ditto Friend Safari or a decent IV's Ditto they could spare? Quiting the battle simulators for the real thing but starting off with nothing makes it kinda difficult.

I have several people with Normal Friend Safaris who haven't beaten the game but easily could, so for all I know, they COULD be Ditto FSes, but since Ditto is the third slot and only two are unlocked...it's pretty annoying!

I'm kind of in the same situation as you, unfortunately. The few 2IV Dittos I have are ones that I need. I hope you find a good Ditto, though. :(

GAMERG0D

Anyone have a Gible/Gabite with Rough Skin? I have many Scraggys (Intimidate!) and Fletchlings (Gale Wings!) with 5 IV (I have many different types but none with bad special attack) and Adamant nature.

Korosenai

Well depends on the season. I'm working on the "Wild Zords" first because there are so many. So im going for Pyroar,Braviary,Sharpedo,Bouffalant and Luxray. Not really a workable team competitive wise but there you go lol.

That's actually pretty awesome. Hopefully you can use it online and win some games with it!

KiraFA37

Aww, sorry dude. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be the proud owner of 999 Kelpsy and Hondew Berries at some point. I do have some spare Dusk Stones, so if you want one, I can trade you it later.

Thanks for the offer but I'm going to pass, I will win from the random generators.

EDIT; GOT ONE! Think I'm going to write a script to do this for me, maybe who knows.

Tiamant

Gaaah missclicked Whimsicott for Bouffalant!!

Whoever is May, you should set normal rules instead of no restrictions.

edit: oh okay, starting multibattle request, everyone's welcome to join!

Sezmehk and Aggrotek are in, good, Merick?

SeZMehK

Finally, it is the weekend! I am home from work. Wooo! Time to go see who asked to trade tonight so I can get their pokes ready.

I'll join the multi battle. Lol.

Aggrotek

Gaaah missclicked Whimsicott for Bouffalant!!

Whoever is May, you should set normal rules instead of no restrictions.

edit: oh okay, starting multibattle request, everyone's welcome to join!

Sezmehk and Aggrotek are in, good, Merick?

Wouldn't let me play :(

Top Bottom