• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

I got tired of releasing male Trubbish so I teach them Swagger, call them JustinBieber and Wonder Trade them.

I was just thinking last night, before bed while seeing Justin Bieber had been arrested, that it would be amazing to do one of him. And then I come into the thread this morning and see this gem. You are the hero that WT needs.

MicH

God, I love and hate Wonder Trade. I do get some cool stuff, but they're rare and buried inbetween all these useless Pokemon. Fletching, Ralts, Honedge, Flabébé, Burmy, Bunnelby and Froakie (so many jesus christ)

It's just the same stuff over and over!

Dryk

God, I love and hate Wonder Trade. I do get some cool stuff, but they're rare and buried inbetween all these useless Pokemon. Fletching, Ralts, Honedge, Flabébé, Burmy, Bunnelby and Froakie (so many jesus christ)

I've had different experiences. From about 50 WT I tend to get 20-30 things I want. Whether halfway breed Pokemon, rare Pokemon and abilities or foreign Pokedex entries I don't have yet.

macklelol

Don't forget about Charmander! So many Charmanders.

MicH

I've had different experiences. From about 50 WT I tend to get 20-30 things I want. Whether halfway breed Pokemon, rare Pokemon and abilities or foreign Pokedex entries I don't have yet.
I usually get 1 or 2 out of 50. Not counting dex entries

Don't forget about Charmander! So many Charmanders.
Literally just got one when I saw his post :lol ... followed by another freaking Froakie

Dryk

I usually get 1 or 2 out of 50. Not counting dex entries

Literally just got one when I saw his post :lol ... followed by another freaking Froakie
Maybe Americans and Europeans just suck compared to the Japanese in this regard :\

Wonder Trade's usefulness goes down as you fill your Pokedex. When I had a couple of badges and random Pokemon were actually useful in the journey (thank you, over-leveled Sneasel), WT was great. Now that I've finished the story, the Kalos Dex and am nearing 80% National Dex completion, it's not as amazing. I suspect it'll improve for a few weeks/months after PokeTransporter and Pokemon Bank make their full debut and then regress to its current state.

spiritfox

Wonder Trade's usefulness goes down as you fill your Pokedex. When I had a couple of badges and random Pokemon were actually useful in the journey (thank you, over-leveled Sneasel), WT was great. Now that I've finished the story, the Kalos Dex and am nearing 80% National Dex completion, it's not as amazing. I suspect it'll improve for a few weeks/months after PokeTransporter and Pokemon Bank make their full debut and then regress to its current state.

Do it for the pokemiles.

DaBoss

Wonder Trading is shit as long as it fills up the Acquaintances list with people you WT with. And takes so long. I can just release Pokemon I don't want just in the snap of a finger.

Muku

Wonder Trading is shit as long as it fills up the Acquaintances list with people you WT with. And takes so long. I can just release Pokemon I don't want just in the snap of a finger.

What is worse, is those folks are the ones that spam me trade requests. Yesterday had a Japanese acquaintance that gave me a pile of garbage (not literally as in Trubbish.. but a Pokemon that was freshly caught in the wild at level 2) for a Pokemon and then kept requesting a trade. If you can't give something halfway decent on WT... Though trading is too messy to do from within game this generation so I wouldn't bother anyway. PokeGAF for life.

backlot

Spent the past couple days breeding a 5IV Kangaskhan in Emerald. Its got Body Slam, Fire Punch, Ice Punch and Drain Punch now and is ready for Bank!

Usobuko

Banned
Is 30/30/30/30/30/30 Ditto for breeding HP wanted here like the previous 31/31/31/31/31/31 Ditto? If so, guess I will try to trade for one in gamefaq.

Firestorm

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-ou-viability-ranking-thread.3495992/

So this is the OU Viability Rankings.

What do you guys think?

0Dpi6vr.jpg

(I do like that the thread correctly uses the word tier though as that has been a pet peeve of mine for years!)

Muku

In previous games some fainted legends respawn if you run through the Elite Four again. I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to if that works in X/Y but it's probably worth a shot.

Just read a post on tumblr saying that it worked. So I'd say have a go at the E4 again.

Sigmaah

Haven't played my lovely pokemon today but had some time today and I got: shiny 5v quiet tynamo with egg moves (I think) shiny 6v Meditite with egg moves shiny 5v Jellicent female and shiny 6v smeargle with sr, sticky web, spore, magic coat.

Lol I also got a shiny 5v koffing named Smogon.

Successful session I'd say!

I think I might wanna run this pure power medicham!

one_kill

Had a match in which my Gliscor dominated almost an entire team. The only Pokemon I had to switch was his Gliscor since I didn't want to prolong the fight.

I'm not sure who to breed next, but I think it'll probably be a Pokemon that benefits from assault vest.

Kirlia

Banned
Had a match in which my Gliscor dominated almost an entire team. The only Pokemon I had to switch was his Gliscor since I didn't want to prolong the fight.

I'm not sure who to breed next, but I think it'll probably be a Pokemon that benefits from assault vest.

Let me know what Pokemon you give that item to. It seems like it'd be a godly item on the right Pokemon.

Usobuko

Banned
Conkeldurr, Ludicolo, and Goodra are pretty amazing with it.

I second these. Basically tanky pokemon who has access to a wide variety of move for super effective hits back.

Although mine's Tyrannitar and I used it extensively along with Bold Defensive M.Venusuar in-game. Good synergy among these two.

Top Bottom