• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

SeZMehK

It's finally time to get rid of my breeding rejects. If no one wants them, they will be all WT away tonight. Please PM me so we don't flood the thread. All are females in luxury balls unless stated:

6x feebas bold swift swim w/ dragon pulse, hypnosis, mirror coat, confuse ray

6x chansey bold natural cure w/ seismic toss, aromatherapy

4x ghastly timid levitate w/ disable

2x pinsir jolly Moxie w/ close combat, quick attack

4x kangaskhan jolly scrappy

2x mudkip careful torrent w/ avalanche, curse, yawn (both male, pokeball)

6x cottonee bold prankster w/ encore (1 male)

1x snorlax adamant thick fat w/ pursuit, curse

5x tynamo modest levitate

5x murkrow jolly prankster w/ roost, brave bird

6x yamask bold mummy w/ memento, nasty plot, disable, toxic spikes

4x minccino jolly skill link

6x totodile adamant torrent w/ dragon dance, aqua jet, ice punch (5 males, all pokeball)

6x espurr timid own tempo w/ assist, yawn, trick, barrier

3x starly jolly reckless w/ double edge

4x corphish adamant adaptability w/ knock off, aqua jet, superpower

6x mawile adamant intimidate w/ sucker punch, fire fang

2x phantump careful harvest (1 male)

1x phantump careful frisk (male)

5x frillish bold cursed body w/ acid armor, pain split, recover

1x frillish bold water absorb w/ acid armor, pain split, recover

6x togepi timid serene grace w/ nasty plot

2x togepi modest serene grace

5x ferroseed relaxed iron barbs w/ leech seed, stealth rocks, spikes (3 males)

3x vulpix timid drought w/ heat wave, extrasensory

5x heracross adamant moxie w/ rock blast, megahorn (2 males)

5x nidoran timid hustle

10x durant jolly truant

6x meditite adamant pure power w/ fake out, pyscho cut

6x mienfoo jolly regenerator w/ knock off (1 male)

6x rufflet jolly sheer force (all male, pokeballs)

Usobuko

Banned
I would like to know how many EV trained Pokemons PokeGAF has. I have about 30 and they are as generic as it goes. I kinda lose motivation training/breeding something new after that milestone, especially those that needs unconventional EV distributions.

SeZMehK

I would like to know how many EV trained Pokemons PokeGAF has. I have about 30 and they are as generic as it goes. I kinda lose motivation training/breeding something new after that milestone, especially those that needs unconventional EV distributions.

I have around 40 EV trained and 15 untrained.

I have a little over a box filled with EV trained mons, so that's ~30.

I have five or six untrained mons that I will most likely re-breed to put them in Luxury Balls/Premier Balls when I can.

fek

A box and a half, still want to breed a lot of stuff and make different sets for some of the ones I already bred.

OceanBlue

I have around 30 excluding different versions of the same Pokemon. There's just nothing I particularly want to breed at the moment. Maybe I'll breed a Kangaskhan just because they're good, but I'm not particularly motivated to do it.

How do I get access to the Normal Pokemon Friend Safari in order to catch Dittos? If I understood correctly, adding random friends who own Pokemon Y/X will add Friend Safaris, right?

MicH

I have about 50 EV trained Pokemon too. 10 are rebreeds, as in the original ones weren't in luxury balls but the new ones are. Some are even better, example Bagon being a 6 IV one now

I love breeding and I don't mind EV training as I can usually train three at once. Takes no time!

joelseph

I have 12. 2 boxes to switch between depending on if I'm doing Singles or Doubles. Starting to lose steam, find myself watching more than battling now.

How long until the 3rd game release? =)

MicH

I have 12. 2 boxes to switch between depending on if I'm doing Singles or Doubles. Starting to lose steam, find myself watching more than battling now.

How long until the 3rd game release? =)
Hoenn remake first!

Please, Game Freak, pleaaaaaseeeeee!

MicH

I can't decide on which ability to use for a Scrafty. Shed Skin or Moxie. DD Moxie Scrafty is terrifying to go up against, but Shed Skin would save me the Lum berry hold item.

Any opinions on this?

Hoenn remake first!

Please, Game Freak, pleaaaaaseeeeee!
So much this. I only played Ruby, but I'm sure a X/Y style remake of Emerald would be AMAZING!

And they need to bring back pokémon following you around. At least as an option. Mixed with Pokémon Amie, it'd be perfect!

SeZMehK

So much this. I only played Ruby, but I'm sure a X/Y style remake of Emerald would be AMAZING!

And they need to bring back pokémon following you around. At least as an option. Mixed with Pokémon Amie, it'd be perfect!

I can be sure that Amie is dead after this gen. Lol. Not that I don't like it, just how I see GF do things with certain features and ideas. Lol.

macklelol

I think I have almost four boxes worth of stuff, mostly just for singles. I'm not in the double tournament, so I'm not really bothering with doubles stuff still.

Haven't played my lovely pokemon today but had some time today and I got: shiny 5v quiet tynamo with egg moves (I think) shiny 6v Meditite with egg moves shiny 5v Jellicent female and shiny 6v smeargle with sr, sticky web, spore, magic coat.

Tynamo doesn't have any egg moves, nor can it learn TMs or Tutor Moves. I hate to say it, but your Tynamo is probably hacked :X

Sigmaah

Tynamo doesn't have any egg moves, nor can it learn TMs or Tutor Moves. I hate to say it, but your Tynamo is probably hacked :X

Oh it's not hacked then! It had moves like charge and some other electric shit and I thought those were egg moves but now I think they're just his regular moves... Lmao. It's Kalos bred!

Oh it's not hacked then! It had moves like charge and some other electric shit and I thought those were egg moves but now I think they're just his regular moves... Lmao. It's Kalos bred!

Does it have Spark, Change Beam, Thunder Wave and Tackle? If so, you're in the clear.

Also remember that it's possible to hack a Gen V Pokémon to make it look like it was bred in Kalos since the hack checker is bum. Be careful, especially if you're trading with folks from GameFAQs where scamming is more prevalent.

Sigmaah

Does it have Spark, Change Beam, Thunder Wave and Tackle? If so, you're in the clear.

Also remember that it's possible to hack a Gen V Pokémon to make it look like it was bred in Kalos since the hack checker is bum. Be careful, especially if you're trading with folks from GameFAQs where scamming is more prevalent.

Yep I think those are the exact moves!

You can hack in mons to make them look Kalos bred? Holy shit I didn't even know you could do that... Gonna be a more cautious when it comes to getting these mons. Haven't had any bad runs yet tho!

freoleo29

I thought they patched the kalos bred thing in the last bank update?
Can't remember where the source was though.

fek

After practicing for this tournament last night and this morning, I think I actually like doubles now more than singles.
I like both, but doubles usually allows for more unusual strategies, and that's fun. Went against a prankster Riolu yesterday on the battle spot.

MicH

Just cleaned up my boxes. I still have two boxes of useless eggs I'm never gonna hatch from the SV thingy. Pokemon Bank can't come quickly enough so I can transfer those eggs to another game and reset it :p You can transfer eggs through Bank, right? :(

Managed to get whopping four boxes free! Filles two with luxury ball mons and have two free. Feels soooo good. Still have so much breeding material I have to sort through

SeZMehK

Just cleaned up my boxes. I still have two boxes of useless eggs I'm never gonna hatch from the SV thingy. Pokemon Bank can't come quickly enough so I can transfer those eggs to another game and reset it :p You can transfer eggs through Bank, right? :(

Managed to get whopping four boxes free! Filles two with luxury ball mons and have two free. Feels soooo good. Still have so much breeding material I have to sort through

I don't think you can transfer eggs. I think I read that somewhere. Also, I will be able to free up my boxes tonight after I get to giving away my rejects to anyone that wants them. :x

Firestorm mentioned it was patched back when it came that it was back on the shop in Japan :B

That's good then! I guess you've just got to watch out for those which were transferred after Bank's initial launch, since I know for a fact that there are still a few of those kicking around out there.

freoleo29

Just wanted to say thanks in the thread to Sezmehk for giving me and my mate about 11 of the pokemon at the top of the page!
Hopefully some day i can be bothered cleaning out my boxes to giveaway stuff :p

MicH

I don't think you can transfer eggs. I think I read that somewhere. Also, I will be able to free up my boxes tonight after I get to giving away my rejects to anyone that wants them. :x
vader.jpg

God damn it :(

Yeah, I am still keeping two boxes of eggs because I was meaning to give them away on reddit when Instacheck was around... I hoped Instacheck would return in some shape or form but it doesn't look too likely or at least nothing will come by anytime soon. I'll just have to hatch these eggs one evening.

MicH

So I'm building a Trick Room team and I'm not quite sure who I want to train.

I already have a TR Porygon2 and a TR Ferrothorn and I'm currently breeding a TR Reuniclus. After that I'm thinking either Slowbro or Cofagrigus. I would love to use both as I'm a huge fan of both of them, but that would put me at four special attacking users and that seems a bit much - and their movepools are kinda overlapping, especially with Reuniclus . What other physical TR users are there? Currently thinking maybe Marowak or Conkeldurr

fek

I already have a TR Porygon2 and a TR Ferrothorn and I'm currently breeding a TR Reuniclus. After that I'm thinking either Slowbro or Cofagrigus. I would love to use both as I'm a huge fan of both of them, but that would put me at four special attacking users and that seems a bit much - and their movepools are kinda overlapping, especially with Reuniclus . What other physical TR users are there? Currently thinking maybe Marowak or Conkeldurr
Azumarill, Mawile, Scrafty, Mega Heracross, Crawdaunt, Abomasnow can go mixed too.

Alchemy

I used this Slowking a bit in doubles, it did pretty well. This set was for a Sunny Day / Trick Room team, which is why there is no Surf.

Slowking @ Weakness Policy
Oblivious
248 HP / 12 Def / 248 Sp Att
Quiet
-Flamethrower
-Power Gem
-Psychic
-Trick Room

Oblivious prevents Taunt from shutting down your Trick Room set up. Slowking is unfortunately not that strong and has problems sweeping, but can take a Super Effective hit fairly well (especially with Screens support) making Weakness Policy work out fairly well. Power Gem was mostly for Charizard-Y and Talonflame.

Top Bottom