• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

OceanBlue

I haven't played Pokemon since gen 2 (13 years ago I think) so bear with me being terrible. I have little idea what stats mean and what skills are good. The only thing I remember is liking Dragonite back then.

Lol I'm sure HawthorneKitty didn't mean anything bad. I'm just giving him a hard time even though he tried to help you out. Everyone starts somewhere, so don't feel bad about not knowing stuff.

Muku

Oh god.. only a day or two and just got my shiny Eevee. Damn, I was expecting it to be as long as Zorua was... now what to work on...

EDIT: Knew there had to be a catch. His nature is calm (was randomly getting natures since looking for different ones at 5IVs) and he ends up 31/31/31/31/X/31. You can suck it RNG gods, still going to use him. :(

i think he was holding item called Power Herb
http://serebii.net/itemdex/powerherb.shtml

its a one time use only
Quick question. If Delphox has Magician does it steal the item on the turn solar beam is used or does the game still count power herb as being in its inventory? Or have I completely messed up how Magician actually works (though to be honest I ponder if it is even a worthwhile ability but don't think Delphox has the durability to make blaze reliable).

EDIT: Knew there had to be a catch. His nature is calm (was randomly getting natures since looking for different ones at 5IVs) and he ends up 31/31/31/31/X/31. You can suck it RNG gods, still going to use him. :(
This reminds me, I should check the IVs of the 0 speed +SpA -SpD nature Honedge I have. I have two that I got form wonder trade and was planning to breed them but honestly I should check the IVs first (even bred ones I probably would too, unless it was 4 perfect stats, 1 zero and still outstanding potential i.e. the remaining stat is >=26).

L.O.R.D

Quick question. If Delphox has Magician does it steal the item on the turn solar beam is used or does the game still count power herb as being in its inventory? Or have I completely messed up how Magician actually works (though to be honest I ponder if it is even a worthwhile ability but don't think Delphox has the durability to make blaze reliable).

yes , thats right
you can steal anything except the megastone
its just like Thief and Covet

i wished that Magician ability had another thing else stealing , Magician don't usually steal stuff

one_kill

Damn Mega Kangaskhan is broken

WTF Sheer Cold

I think I've lost.

Edit:
I gave up. If that sheer cold didn't hit my Porygon2, I think I had a chance to come back.

Usobuko

Banned
Not too shabby showing by Mawile :D. They don't even look like Trick Room teams. I'm reading the analysis now and there's a lot to think about. I'm glad he's an advocate for putting bulk on Mega Mawile. I bought into the whole, "Mawile needs Adamant + 252 ATK because of the returns on Huge Power," but I wished Mega Mawile had more survivability. I might try rebreeding my Mawile.

I think the people who advocate 252 atk are referring to single battle format along with different rules/restrictions/clauses. Take Showdown for an example. Say 124 EV speed is to beat the likes of Azumarill, Scizor etc. His was 20.

Tiamant

Noooooo!! Xatu needs BW2 move tutor to learn Tailwind, agh.

I'm having serious trouble deciding which egg moves to take, mostly because of the lack of useful ones. So far I've got Haze, Simple Beam... I guess? then there's filler stuff like Refresh and Feather Dance.

spiritfox

Noooooo!! Xatu needs BW2 move tutor to learn Tailwind, agh.

I'm having serious trouble deciding which egg moves to take, mostly because of the lack of useful ones. So far I've got Haze, Simple Beam... I guess? then there's filler stuff like Refresh and Feather Dance.

Synchronoise? That's the only move that seems useful.

BTW Bulbapedia lists Switcheroo as an egg move for Xatu but it's not in Serebii. So does it get Switcheroo or not?

OceanBlue

I think the people who advocate 252 atk are referring to single battle format along with different rules/restrictions/clauses. Take Showdown for an example. Say 124 EV speed is to beat the likes of Azumarill, Scizor etc. His was 20.
I guess that makes sense. Different stats for different formats. There are so many things to consider with stats lol. I might as well just mess around with 252 HP/252 SDEF/4 SPD and see how that goes. I wish I were good enough to be creative. :<

Tiamant

Synchronoise? That's the only move that seems useful.

BTW Bulbapedia lists Switcheroo as an egg move for Xatu but it's not in Serebii. So does it get Switcheroo or not?

Really? I'm gonna try that, thanks!

Serebii seems to be missing some moves, for example it doesn't list Crobat's Cross Poison :/

onslack

If you are online around this time (+/- 1hr) tomorrow, let me know. I'll trade whatever spare I can find. Btw, I do want an Happy Hour Inkay too. Thanks!

I'll sadly be at work around this time tomorrow, are you free over the weekend?

Drop me a pm about both so I have a record so I remember or I'll forget LOL

Do you have any Mew left for me? Please. :)

If so, FC is 2320-6152-0406. IGN Nick

Could you drop me a pm with all your info in again so I can note it down or I'll forget by the time I get home LOL

I'll sadly be at work around this time tomorrow, are you free over the weekend?

Drop me a pm about both so I have a record so I remember or I'll forget LOL

Could you drop me a pm with all your info in again so I can note it down or I'll forget by the time I get home LOL

If you have another Mew left I'd be extremely happy to receive one as well.

Been wondertrading yesterday and was really happy when I got a Piplup, I really miss the wondertrading in BW2 now..

Tiamant

Hey you still giving away Cubones? Can I get one?

Sure thing!

edit: yikes, you guys depleted a whole box full of Cubones!

Th_Cubone_(1).gif

I'll breed some more, I shall spread the Marowak love even further!

SeZMehK

Pretty much in one day, we were able to get almost 500 posts in this new OT. Lol. Things will definitely pick up once bank is released. XD

By any chance would anyone happen to have a Japanese (or any region not US) Marill/Azumarill that I could use to do the Masuda Method? I really want a shiny Marill and I'm not sure I have the patience to try with just two of my own.

I don't have that much to offer in return, but I do have a few 4IV Jolly Skill Link Mincinnos, 5 IV Relaxed Regenerator Slowpokes and some 4-5 IV Adamant Technician Scythers lying in my boxes. Though if anyone wants one of those anyways, I don't mind giving them away too!

I'm not sure how to build a Charizard to mega evolve it into X-Zard. X-Zard is a Physical beast so I'm not sure on what nature the Charizard should have.

I want Jolly for that extra speed boost (for me speed is Charizards biggest weakness)

Or should I use a adamant nature to give it a extra power to its claws?

Has anyone on GAF figured out a successful formula for a X-Zard?

I'm not gonna make a spitting image of someone else's Zard just use it as a guideline.

Korosenai

I'm not sure how to build a Charizard to mega evolve it into X-Zard. X-Zard is a Physical beast so I'm not sure on what nature the Charizard should have.

I want Jolly for that extra speed boost (for me speed is Charizards biggest weakness)

I'm not gonna make a spitting image of someone else's Zard just use it as a guideline.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/charizard-x-2-3.3495299/

LaNaranja

Jolly or Adamant, any of them is fine. Dragon Dance, Crunch, Dragon Claw and Flare Blitz are what I run but you can change it depending on what the rest of your team has.

JoeM86

Really? I'm gonna try that, thanks!

Serebii seems to be missing some moves, for example it doesn't list Crobat's Cross Poison :/

Are you sure Cross Poison is an Egg Move? It's just a move relearner move (Level 1, or -- as I list), as I have listed. I'm 99.9% certain it's not an egg move.

Natu/Xatu also does not get Switcheroo as an Egg Move. Fairly certain on that too.

I'm pretty sure my Egg Move lists are completely and utterly complete now. You can trust me :)

Firestorm

By any chance would anyone happen to have a Japanese (or any region not US) Marill/Azumarill that I could use to do the Masuda Method? I really want a shiny Marill and I'm not sure I have the patience to try with just two of my own.

I don't have that much to offer in return, but I do have a few 4IV Jolly Skill Link Mincinnos, 5 IV Relaxed Regenerator Slowpokes and some 4-5 IV Adamant Technician Scythers lying in my boxes. Though if anyone wants one of those anyways, I don't mind giving them away too!
Pretty sure I do but won't be home til 11 hours from now. If you don't have one by then, PM me.

JoeM86

Bulbapedia probably made the mistake. It doesn't show up in their move description for Switcheroo.

They've been really slow at updating to Gen 6. :/

Not like you don't have alternatives. Both me and Veekun have had things complete for quite a while.

I just got a Mawile via wonder trade. Seismic Toss, Metal Burst, Fire Fang, Sucker Punch in a heal ball. I then looked more closely, its no heal ball but rather a love ball, female too.

Looks like my Mawile breeding project just restarted (sucker punch is the only egg move I want, a male will make a useful S-toss pass to Chansey).

Top Bottom