• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black & White |OT| of S'POILER'S and 156 New Pokemon's (no s'hiny Ponyta's)

Shiggie

SleepyJohn11 said:
Holy shit, Iris looks bigger than Ash; Maybe they did shrank him or made him look too younger:lol

But it might be Iris's hair too.
About the same.
Tx0rV.png

Galang

Banned
Really like the e4 deSigns, but I'm more stoked that cynthia is back. She's my favorite Trainer! :D And glad to have two female champions in a row!!

lyre

Other than the gripe that some of them could use a lesser form (#35, #98, #128, #130, #135, the fighters, and mebbe #142) or a greater form (#24, allotof the single nonthreatening looking ones), it's not bad. Look forward to Grey version.
C3CTQ.png

ivysaur12

Banned
Rpgmonkey said:
Last five or so rows is full of cool stuff.

Though I'm kinda "eh" to most of the legendaries.

That seems to be the general opinion. I like the grass/fighting, Zekrom and Reshiram and that's it. The genies would be cool if they weren't cut and pastes.

Ravidrath

I'm pretty surprised there aren't any, or more, evolutions of previous Pokemon.

#556, the cactus one, looks like it could be a branched evolution of Cacnea. And it seems hard to believe that Mamanbou is completely unrelated to Luvdisc, too. But other than those two, there don't seem to be many obvious candidates at all.

A lot of the Pokemon don't look so hot in those little images, but I'm confident that many will be much more appealing once you see them "for real" and play with them a bit.

In the past there have always been Pokemon I had an "Eww!" reaction to that later grew on me. For example, I used to hate Breloom, but he's one of my favorites now.

Salsa

i bring you SPOILERS!

Badges

In-game map

and blablabla

N tells you, "If you want to protect the [emotional] bond, you should search for Reshiram!"
We're pretty sure now that Elite Four member Katorea is the same Katorea (or Caitlin in English versions) that accompanies Frontier Brain Darach, especially since Cynthia is in the game now.
There is a new area called the Seabed Ruins which feature a unique rune scripture. You access it by using Dive. The writing on the walls is weird symbols.
Cynthia's Team - Spiritomb, Milotic, Garchomp, Lucario, Wargle, and Shibirudon. All are at Level 75 except for Garchomp, who is Level 77. She comes in the spring and summer only, but you can battle her as much as you like. So much for no old characters in the games - it appears that even one of the Elite Four is a Battle Frontier Brain.
Champion Cynthia is in Isshu. She is asking the player: "I'd love to challenge you... would you possibly be my opponent?"
You can get a Bicycle in Raimon City.
Professor Araragi gives you a Master Ball.
Your Trainer card lists your own Nature! Perhaps it has an in-game purpose?
Depending on the version you have, you can trade your Churine or Monmen for an in-game character's Monmen or Churine. So much for being version-exclusive!
After you beat the Elite Four you can find Pidgey, Wurmple, Rhyhorn, Gastly, Starly, and Shinx in White Forest at Level 5.
The fossils of Purotoga and Aken are found in Rizoodo Desert which you can access after you defeat the third Gym Leader. Once you obtain your fossil, you can bring it back to life in Shippou City.
Zekrom's Stats - It's caught at Level 50 and knows DragonBreath, Slash, Extrasensory, and Cross Thunder. Ability is TeraVoltage.
After the Elite Four you go on a quest to find seven sages. No further details yet as to why you go on this quest.
Reshiram's Stats - It's caught at Level 50 and knows DragonBreath, Slash, Extrasensory, and Cross Flame. Ability is Turbo Blaze.
Reshiram and Zekrom appear!
The Champion is reported to be Belle. She uses a team consisting of Muurando (Lv.66), Yanakkii (Lv.66), Musharna (Lv.66), and Enbuoo/Jaroda/Daikenki (Lv.70). The last Pokemon, obviously, depends on your choice of starter.
The final member of the Elite Four is: Renbu. He specializes in Fighting-type Pokemon and is reported to use a Nageki (Lv.48), Dageki (Lv.48), Roopushin (Lv.48), and Kojondo (Lv.50).
The third member of the Elite Four is: Katorea. She specializes in Psychic-type Pokemon and is reported to use a Rankurusu (Lv.48), Musharna (Lv.48), Shinborah (Lv.48), and Gochiruzeru (Lv.50). It's interesting to note that she shares both her name and her appearance with Caitlin (also called Katorea in Japan) from the Sinnoh Frontier Brains. They might be the same person, but this is unconfirmed.
The second member of the Elite Four is: Giima. He specializes in Dark-type Pokemon and is reported to use a Zuruzukin (Lv.48), Warubiaru (Lv.48), Reparudasu (Lv.48), and Kirikizan (Lv.50).
The first member of the Elite Four is: Shikimi. She specializes in Ghost-type Pokemon and is reported to use a Desukan (Lv.48), Burunkeru (Lv.48), Goruggo (Lv.48), and Shanderaa (Lv.50).

Salsa

DMG-01 said:
By the way, I don't think you need spoiler tags in the spoiler thread. :p

but it looks like Black City if you look at it by side!

Also spoiler tags are still appreciated, i mean i read a lot of info but im trying to avoid ONE certain spoiler regarding the ending that i dont wanna know.

DMG-01

SalsaShark said:
but it looks like Black City if you look at it by side!

Also spoiler tags are still appreciated, i mean i read a lot of info but im trying to avoid ONE certain spoiler regarding the ending that i dont wanna know.
And look at it from the other side and it's White Forest! Er, well, if the trees were very tall and narrow. :lol

Kusagari

SalsaShark said:

Those Elite Four levels, especially Belle's, are insane. Seven Sage thing is interesting too. I wonder if this means we could see lv 80/90 pokemon in storyline battles

Seriously, the starter ends up being a fire/fighting again...

I love the Yorkie one though. I might even keep it in its second form.

But will I ever get my ghost/fighting shadow boxer Pokemon?

Garret

Just basing it on looks, and not thinking right now about getting pokémon from older versions, I think I'd like this team:

isshu-pokemon-3.jpg
isshu-pokemon-43.jpg
isshu-pokemon-59.jpg

isshu-pokemon-134.jpg
isshu-pokemon-127.jpg
isshu-pokemon-77.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
isshu-pokemon-3.jpg
Jörmungandr
isshu-pokemon-71.jpg
Leviathan (I always name my main water Leviathan)
isshu-pokemon-110.jpg
Izanagi
isshu-pokemon-61.jpg
Surya
isshu-pokemon-141.jpg
Ancalagon
isshu-pokemon-36.jpg
GaoGaiGar

Elite Four, bow before me.

ampere

Well, I actually like the grass starter and his final evolution! Looks like a grass Milotic :)
isshu-pokemon-1.jpg
isshu-pokemon-3.jpg

And this guy looks cool, whoever he is. I saw another poster refer to him as 'the new Mew' so perhaps he's not obtainable through regular play :/
isshu-pokemon-0.jpg

Still on the fence about getting these... I loved Soul Silver but Diamond wasn't really my cup of tea. I'm not too fond of the 'end game' anymore so the main story needs to be fun for me to want to buy it.

So many weird Pokémon.................................. I love it!

The grass starter's final evo is so majestic. Now I don't know who to choose.

I adore this Hitomoshi.

Any word on any baby Pokémon? I need some for my team.

Mush

Chet Rippo said:
I'm really scared of this guy. A pure Electric with Levitate, it has no weakness! That shit's crazy

No, he is. Serebii had listed it wrong, but he has since fixed it.
What! I didn't even notice that. His stats are pretty average, though, unless he gets some good Physical Electric attack(s). Then again, he has decent SpA, but crap Speed.

Rubius

Where is my Farfetch Evolution.
And... ALL the pokemons look REALLY silly.
I mean the Gear guy is just plain... plain.
The guy with the Wood/Metal/Rock bar... Come on...
Also. Is that a evolution to Tauros?

Kurtofan

Rubius said:
Where is my Farfetch Evolution.
And... ALL the pokemons look REALLY silly.
I mean the Gear guy is just plain... plain.
The guy with the Wood/Metal/Rock bar... Come on...
Also. Is that a evolution to Tauros?
No evolutions of old pokemons this gen.
Pissed off clown is awesome.
I'll reserve my judgement on gear when I'll saw his animation.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
My starter:

isshu-pokemon-3.jpg

The other five:

isshu-pokemon-134.jpg
isshu-pokemon-126.jpg
isshu-pokemon-118.jpg
isshu-pokemon-71.jpg
isshu-pokemon-120.jpg

Lunchbox said:
its happening
pokemonadventure.jpg
Thagomizer said:
I actually thought that too. Some of these designs are very Digimon-ish.

Implying that Digimon has horrible design. Oh nostalgic Pokefans who never watched Digimon saying certain designs look like Digimon... :lol

seady

Just by looking at the stats, while it has some ok defense and speed, the grass starter looks very weak overall.

Rubius

Kurtofan said:
No evolutions of old pokemons this gen.
Pissed off clown is awesome.
I'll reserve my judgement on gear when I'll saw his animation.
I mean... the gear is pretty much a pokemon. Then a Pokemon with a 3rd gear... then a bottom gear.
That's it.
I mean. Why does Pikachu to Raichu is perfect, but they cant do something like that anymore?
Damn...
Also. How the hell do Bill in Pokemon Blue/Red/Green/Yellow, say and I quote. "There 151 Pokemon out there, and maybe even more" in over a millenia, Johto discover 151 Pokemon.
In less than 10 year, they added 400 new Pokemons.

400. We have gone from Mew who grant wishes, to the creator of the Ying and the Yang.
Its gone ridiculously far.

I dont want to be negative or anything, but I found alot of fan created pokemons who are FAR FAR better than those new ones.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Tga9WPJHxy8/S88vK2_rlaI/AAAAAAAAAYs/C7BxOniKCZI/s1600/securedownload.png

Kurtofan

Rubius said:
I mean... the gear is pretty much a pokemon. Then a Pokemon with a 3rd gear... then a bottom gear.
That's it.
I mean. Why does Pikachu to Raichu is perfect, but they cant do something like that anymore?
Damn...
Also. How the hell do Bill in Pokemon Blue/Red/Green/Yellow, say and I quote. "There 151 Pokemon out there, and maybe even more" in over a millenia, Johto discover 151 Pokemon.

400. We have gone from Mew who grant wishes, to the creator of the Ying and the Yang.
Its gone ridiculously far.

Well Magneton is just three Magneton glued together,like dugtrio and dodrio.
Sounds like you suffer from rose tinted glasses to me.

Edit:
I dont want to be negative or anything, but I found alot of fan created pokemons who are FAR FAR better than those new ones.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Tga9WPJHx...rl[/QUOTE] Or you have the worst taste ever.

SalsaShark said:
I didnt liked this guy at first:

isshu-pokemon-69.jpg

and for some reason now i fuckin love him

It's a freaking sarcophagus with ghostly jazz hands! How can you not love him? :lol

I think it's one of the few good designs in Gen 5 (most of them look sucky)

Kurtofan

Little Green Yoda said:
It's a freaking sarcophagus with ghostly jazz hands! How can you not love him? :lol

I think it's one of the few good designs in Gen 5 (most of them look sucky)
Plus he evolves from a cute little mortuary mask :3

Rubius

Kurtofan said:
Well Magneton is just three Magneton glued together,like dugtrio and dodrio.
Sounds like you suffer from rose tinted glasses to me.
No no.
Magneton was 3 Magnetite together.
Dugtrio is a wink to the mythological beast with 3 head who beat himself off.
Dugtrio is the same.
I can understand Pokemon going together and evolving in pack.

But the gear is not 3 Pokemon together. Its one Pokemon who have 2 more attachment. That's it. Make him into a Clock? No problem with him.
But he feel unfinished.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Rubius said:

erm... wat

Kurtofan

Rubius said:
No no.
Magneton was 3 Magnetite together.
Dugtrio is a wink to the mythological beast with 3 head who beat himself off.
Dugtrio is the same.
I can understand Pokemon going together and evolving in pack.

But the gear is not 3 Pokemon together. Its one Pokemon who have 2 more attachment. That's it. Make him into a Clock? No problem with him.
But he feel unfinished.
Well got what I meant about Magneton.
To me Dugtrio feels more lazy than Gear evos.
Once again I need to see their animated sprite,because I think they'll look cool that way.

Rubius

Ookami-kun said:
erm... wat
We went from 151(152 if you count Ho-Oh in Episode 1 of the Anime) Pokemon, to 663 Pokemon in about 14 year.
That's ALOT of change.
Imagine if we discovered 5 time more animals than what we already knew existed on earth in 15 year.
That's kind of extreme.

Top Bottom