• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black & White |OT| of S'POILER'S and 156 New Pokemon's (no s'hiny Ponyta's)

Requeim

isshu-pokemon-3.jpg
isshu-pokemon-118.jpg
isshu-pokemon-146.jpg

isshu-pokemon-32.jpg
isshu-pokemon-27.jpg
isshu-pokemon-43.jpg

First time through, i always go with the coolest pokemon. There's not a lot of them this time around though :/

generation wise, this ranks about the same as the 4th one

1 = 2 > 3 > 4 = 5

CassSept

My team:

j78952.jpg
j78952.jpg
j78952.jpg

2agvxj7.jpg
2agvxj7.jpg
2agvxj7.jpg

Seriously, a Chandelier Pokemon. How fucking awesome is that.

PS. Gear's evolution line has to be the laziest attempt by Game Freak EVER

OMG Aero

I just realised something. I always pick fire as my starter and as a result pick up another Pokemon to be my water type but all of the water types aside from the starter in this game suck. There's the water monkey which is the worst of the three, the mutated Politoed, the turtle is okay but that's a fossil Pokemon so you'll have to wait a while to get it, the pissed off swan and the pringles jellyfish.
I appreciate them cutting back on water types since there have been too many of them in previous gens, but since this gen is just all new Pokemon I would have liked some better ones.

upandaway

OMG Aero said:
I just realised something. I always pick fire as my starter and as a result pick up another Pokemon to be my water type but all of the water types aside from the starter in this game suck. There's the water monkey which is the worst of the three, the mutated Politoed, the turtle is okay but that's a fossil Pokemon so you'll have to wait a while to get it, the pissed off swan and the pringles jellyfish.
I appreciate them cutting back on water types since there have been too many of them in previous gens, but since this gen is just all new Pokemon I would have liked some better ones.
Aside from the starter, there is ONE more decent water Pokemon, the sardine-eel (I don't think you mentioned it).

Vhalyar

OMG Aero said:
the turtle is okay but that's a fossil Pokemon so you'll have to wait a while to get it
It's right after the third gym, so not exactly far in.

As for Gear and his evolutions, keep in mind that everything is animated now. It could be pretty neat to have this big clockwork thing spinning around.

Vhalyar

The flounder is electric/ground.
The hermit crab is bug/rock.

Water got shafted, but I love it. There's too many water types around.

upandaway

Kurtofan said:
It's more like a lamprey.
Yeah but only after he evolves. And even then it's a water animal.

I don't know, seems kinda stupid. He doesn't even seem that electric to me (although he would make a badass Water/Electric).

Oh well, I'll be without any water type then. My electric spot is saved for the flying Pachirisu.

Hopefully there's an HM slave that learns two more HMs apart from Surf and Waterfall.

Shiggie said:
Champion Cynthia is in Isshu. She is asking the player: "I'd love to challenge you... would you possibly be my opponent?"
She comes in Spring and Summer only, but you can battle her as much as you like.

Cynthia's Team - Spiritomb, Milotic, Garchomp, Lucario, Wargle, and Shiburudon. All are at Level 75 except for Garchomp, who is Level 77.
Best news Ever.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay, I'll tentatively be going:
isshu-pokemon-3.jpg
isshu-pokemon-107.jpg
isshu-pokemon-129.jpg

isshu-pokemon-69.jpg
isshu-pokemon-32.jpg
isshu-pokemon-131.jpg

(Thats based on the belief that those are probably Grass, Steel, Ice-Fighting, Dark-Ghost, Dark-Ground, and Fire-Fighting. Just guesses though)

Damn, I am suddenly a whole fuck-ton more excited for this gen. The promise of 100% new Pokemon....I think it will really recapture the magic for me.

DMG-01

SovanJedi said:
:lol

Dunsparce would be so amazing though if only his stats were distributed to complement his skills.

Fake Edit: Does BW change any stat spreads of old 'mons? If they changed Rotom's types I don't think it'd be too Farfetch'd for them to fix some Pokemon like Dunsparce.
The_Technomancer said:
(Thats based on the belief that those are probably Grass, Steel, Ice-Fighting, Dark-Ghost, Dark-Ground, and Fire-Fighting. Just guesses though)
That Ice Fighting dude is Ground/Ghost, IIRC. Check here for typings.

Vhalyar

The_Technomancer said:
isshu-pokemon-3.jpg
isshu-pokemon-107.jpg
isshu-pokemon-129.jpg

isshu-pokemon-69.jpg
isshu-pokemon-32.jpg
isshu-pokemon-131.jpg

It's Grass, Steel, Ghost/Ground, Ghost, Rock and Dark/Steel :lol

The_Technomancer said:
isshu-pokemon-3.jpg
isshu-pokemon-107.jpg
isshu-pokemon-129.jpg

isshu-pokemon-69.jpg
isshu-pokemon-32.jpg
isshu-pokemon-131.jpg

Damn, I am suddenly a whole fuck-ton more excited for this gen. The promise of 100% new Pokemon....I think it will really recapture the magic for me.

It's Grass, Steel, Ground/Ghost, Ghost, Rock and Dark/Steel.

Edit: Beaten. :x

Vhalyar

The_Technomancer said:
Hm, I might be modifying then. Where are you guys getting the types, from Serebii?
Yeah, Serebii's got the whole thing up. The only thing missing is now the moves, since it could make or break many of the new pokemons.

upandaway

The_Technomancer said:
Hm, I might be modifying then. Where are you guys getting the types, from Serebii?
They got all the types + most of the stats/abilities on Serebii and Pokebeach and pretty much any pokesite

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I should've added the disclaimer that I like Dunsparce too, but as fellow flat ugly Pokemon people dislike go he's the turn to for moral support.

By the way, it's officially release day. Woo for those in Japan! I wonder if any stores open at midnight?

Anyway, for those who are interested, the battles do indeed run at a fresh 60 fps, as confirmed by others.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The Pokemon animation just loop right? No different animations for attacking or taking damage?

Ookami-kun said:
The Pokemon animation just loop right? No different animations for attacking or taking damage?
Yeah.

Although, the loop changes a bit due to status conditions, like sleep (Eyes closed, slower movement), and poison (Animation glows purple).

big_z

Anerythristic said:
Alot of these designs are pretty bad in my opinion.

Is this the same guy that designed the R/S/E Pokemon?

i think they lack character as well. a lot of them look like rejected megaman character or like they've been dipped into the ooze that made super shredder.

i do like this one because it looks like an aborted fetus.
isshu-pokemon-24.jpg

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Anerythristic said:
Alot of these designs are pretty bad in my opinion.

Is this the same guy that designed the R/S/E Pokemon?
Am I the only one that thought that R/S/E had great designs but hated most of what came out of D/P/Pt?

The_Technomancer said:
Am I the only one that thought that R/S/E had great designs but hated most of what came out of D/P/Pt?

I liked Gen IV new Pokemon designs.

But a lot of the evos were awful.

And yeah, Gen III rocked for designs. Gen V is also awesome in the 'crazy shit' way.

ivysaur12

Banned
PokeBeach was all like "OMG We have the games in our hands!!!!"

And then he realized that there were anti-piracy measure in the games. Now his references to having the games have mysteriously disappeared.

lol.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
What I really love about this generation is how freaky and jarring it is when compared to previous gens. It's like the main design idea was "do whatever the fuck you want", and I love it.

Top Bottom