• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow Eshop Release |OT| This Gym is Great! It’s Full of Women!

Plasmid

Hey! Some games do age but are still great. It's like saying to your wife of 20 years "Gee you are aged terrible. I wish your body was still in 4k and not SD 240p"

I mainly mean the glitchy scratchy PIKA every time pikachu does something. The overall soundtrack is amazing

SalvaPot

Thankilidankily.

Question about the transparent 2DSs. I live in the United States, if I imported the red one from the UK or something would my American games work on that thing? I'm assuming no. I'm also assuming the special 2DS colors are only available in Japan and the UK.

They won't work, no. I imported a Japanese one since at least I could get my hands on other games like Dai Gyakuten Saiban and the like.

Ah what a dummy I am. I got confused and ordered Red off Amazon when I really wanted Blue. Ugh.
EDIT: was able to trade outside GAF. Train On!

Nairume

Banned
Ah what a dummy I am. I got confused and ordered Red off Amazon when I really wanted Blue. Ugh.
Anyone wanna trade Amazon codes, my Red for your Blue? PM me...
Have they started sending out the Amazon codes now? Mine is still showing as not showing up for another two hours.

Pokemon Yellow Nuzlocke Journal Entry #1

Current Team:
Pikachu (Norris) Level 10
Pidgey (Kuluzu) Level 6
Sparrow (Tappa) Level 4
NidoranF (Alisa) Level 4
Metapod (Catter) Level 6

Just got to Viridian Forest, no deaths so far but the second battle with my Rival (Maliff) was close because his Eevee almost 1 shot Kuluzu but Norris was able to take out both of his Pokemon. This team is pretty shitty to go against Brock though and sadly Catter was already evolved to Metapod so I'm going to have to switch leveling him in order to get him to evolve to Butterfree and that'll end up being my only real option unless I want to spend hours upon hours grinding.

I'll have to continue this in the morning though.

wiibomb

The hell with amazon...

Did anyone got the preorder code? I've been waiting all this time for amazon to send me it.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
started playing yellow, felt wrong to play this game in color so went to red version first. the good old days.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
I'm so hyped to import these fuckers into Sun and Moon.

My real life Pokémon rival bought red, I got blue.

I'm building a Smogon OU team to take her on. This battle is gonna be epic.

Velcro Fly

Just got to Pewter City

Going to fight the trainers in the gym and see where that leaves Squirtle.

All I have is a Pidgey and a Rattata since I don't want anything else permanently. I think Squirtle gets Water Gun at 15 and he's 11 right now.

It is strange to think that almost all of these pokemon predate genders in pokemon at all. When I refer to Squirtle as a he it almost feels funny since my Squirtle is genderless.

FrsDvl

Just got to Pewter City

Going to fight the trainers in the gym and see where that leaves Squirtle.

All I have is a Pidgey and a Rattata since I don't want anything else permanently. I think Squirtle gets Water Gun at 15 and he's 11 right now.

It is strange to think that almost all of these pokemon predate genders in pokemon at all. When I refer to Squirtle as a he it almost feels funny since my Squirtle is genderless.

I just beat Brock with

Lvl 8 pidgey
Lvl 8 Rattata
Lvl 11 Charmander

It wasn't easy, but I got the job done.

Just started Blue. Hoping for this to be my team:

clefable.png
beedrill.png
poliwrath.png
aerodactyl.png
jynx.png
flareon.png

And eventually my Yellow team:

pikachu.png
charizard.png
butterfree.png
pidgeotto.png
muk.png
kingler.png

//ARCANUM

Anyone bought a code from best buy? How quickly do you get the code? Will it work right away? Only considering because I have a gift card.

CompC

Thought I had $10 on my eshop balance... i have $9.59 T_T if only I could pay the rest with paypal.

You can. Get a PayPal debit card. It's free from PayPal and it will let you use your PayPal balance anywhere that accepts MasterCard. That includes the eShop.

TheOGB

Banned
I remember back in the day my older brother got Red (which I wanted for Charizard), leaving me with Blue and Blastoise. Clearly I didn't know beforehand that you had a choice, but I picked Squirtle and had no regrets! Blastoise was fucking awesome. Then my brother got Yellow, and gave me his Red. Not long after he gave me Yellow and his Game Boy Color; he'd grown out of Pokemon right after it began. But hey, more for me!

Nowadays I only have Blue and Silver, never did find Red or Yellow. So I'm buying Yellow and getting the old team back together! Nidoking, Pidgeot, and all 4 starters heh, err, maybe I'll make a new team instead.

Tarps

This is very welcome news indeed. The original games will always hold a special place in my heart, and having the chance to play through yellow for the first time is really appealing. Not sure if I'm ready for Gen 1 difficulty just yet, so I will be strong and wrap up my playthrough of X first.

Good luck to everyone dipping back in, it's great reading your experiences.

Kyzon

Ok. I've never actually played Yellow. I did Red as a kid.

I haven't started yet, but can I get a Bulbasaur in this one?

Cross-posting from the pickup thread, in case anybody wanted to check out some boxes. My physical editions of the original Pokemon games on Virtual Console arrived! Still waiting on the Green 2DS, but I thought I'd show what I have now, because I'm too excited to wait. :p
They look great~~! (I also may have bought Yellow on my PAL 3DS, just for the sake of having it in colour, too . . .)

Zalman

Ok. I've never actually played Yellow. I did Red as a kid.

I haven't started yet, but can I get a Bulbasaur in this one?
You can get all three starters relatively early in the game.

Bold move by Nintendo to leave the game room open. Did the classics get an E10+ rating by ESRB because of gambling?
I know in Europe, the eShop releases are rated 12. No Pokémon game is ever rated 12.

Top Bottom