• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ugh, am I gonna have to grind for a Complexity -1 to have an actual chance to get Greninja caught? At the very least, I don't need items to beat the stage, but then I only get 1% catch rate.

Edit: Phew, guess not. Got real lucky & managed to capture him with 26% catch rate/16 seconds left on the stage.

Loptous

I think I've mastered Meowth :
Had 10 runs this morning and got 4700 coins out of 5300.

I managed to reach level Giratina!81 yesterday and thought "cool, one more than what I've planned" but then realized I still have to beat 20 stages so duh...

I haven't lost once so far with Disruption Delay & Moves +5, but the closest I got to the bottom was with 2 turns left.
FWIW, I didn't feel any increase in difficulty since 70. In fact, I beat level 80 with 11 turns left but it might just have been a fluke.

MlWA77sHmhYbcrJQkr

Let's say 55k later (I have a feeling that's low balling) beat lvl 100 and the pattern finally changed.

After one match I went all out on items. No opening disruption but the count down drops to 2 instead of three. Looks like his pattern is 4 blocks, 4 unbreakable blocks, 4 barriers, repeat but he does throw Giratina's in there twice. And I believe for every match made he throws more out. With two moves left he tossed 5 Giratina disruptions in a row

Loptous

MlWA77sHmhYbcrJQkr

Let's say 55k later (I have a feeling that's low balling) beat lvl 100 and the pattern finally changed.

After one match I went all out on items. No opening disruption but the count down drops to 2 instead of three. Looks like his pattern is 4 blocks, 4 unbreakable blocks, 4 barriers, repeat but he does throw Giratina's in there twice. And I believe for every match made he throws more out. With two moves left he tossed 5 Giratina disruptions in a row
Grats!
I'm on 87 (1 more than planned) right now, with still 90+ coins, so I should be done sunday.

Yep I unlocked 101 and have no interest to find out if there's another Mega Speed up after 150.
The reward for 100 is already not worth it.
I don't see myself doing this again in the future.

Grats!
I'm on 87 (1 more than planned) right now, with still 90+ coins, so I should be done sunday.

The reward for 100 is already not worth it.
I don't see myself doing this again in the future.

Ha, thanks. Your right, the effect probably wasn't worth it in the end and at this moment don't want to think about another Escalation Battle. But challenge accepted and complete. Hopefully Genius Sonority looks at the stats and sees the 1,000 some people who managed to grab the second MSU and scale back the next escalation battle.

Wait there are rewards for beating Giratina aside from catching it? I had no idea. Oh well.
Edit: What special stages are after Mewtwo? He's the only one I haven't caught, though there are a few available in the pokedex that aren't in my caught list.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Edit: What special stages are after Mewtwo? He's the only one I haven't caught, though there are a few available in the pokedex that aren't in my caught list.
EX21: Genesect
EX22: Chesnaught
EX23: Delphox
EX24: Greninja

Any word on if there'll be new Pokemon next week? I've just been grinding for coins again for preparation & leveling up some Pokemon like Dialga, Victini, & Tyranitar to be safe.

JoeM86

EX21: Genesect
EX22: Chesnaught
EX23: Delphox
EX24: Greninja

Any word on if there'll be new Pokemon next week? I've just been grinding for coins again for preparation & leveling up some Pokemon like Dialga, Victini, & Tyranitar to be safe.

Na, new stages come after new Mega Evolution competitions, not repeats.

I think we're overdue for a Mega stage?

Going back for S Ranks and I can't see how some stages can be done without items. Larvesta, Togetic, Milotic, etc.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would assume we'll get one the next time we get more regular Stages. It seems they doubled them from 15 to 30 stages per area now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I meant as part of the regular set of stages to end the area. I know we had Mega Venusaur not too long ago. We're 20 stages into Pedra Valley, I would assume the next 10 stages will be the end of that set to which stage 210 will be a new Mega Stage.

OmegaX

I finally beat and caught every normal stage pokemon so I will start trying to S rank stages now. Is there any consensus on what normal stages require items to get an S rank?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, think I got one of my best attempts at Sunday Meowth yet. 8200 coins & used a free +5 Moves. Used my Mega Banetta team.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I use Mega Banetta, then two Ghost Pokemon with the Mega Boost ability (I forget their names), then Haunter for his Quirky ability.

Chris1

Finally S ranked & caught all new pokemon, been slacking on shuffle this past week with E3 and all.

How long have I got to catch Dialga?

If you didn't find out yet, you have until next monday. You can find out how long is left on the top screen after you click the stage.

Growlie19

New things today: a new safari with at least Stantler in it. 60 power with Sleep Charm.

Also, Manaphy event for 4.5 million downloads.

Thanks! And yeah, it was close XD

Mega Gengar + ground types is best IMO, but all the stages I got were ridiculously easy so far even without type advantages.

Only seen and caught Stantler, Darumaka and Manectric right now

Damn I figured Manectric was the new Sharkpedo, maybe this will be less of a headache for most.

Yep when there are so few moves and only 3 mon teams, MGengar is the default option. Really there aren't a lot of ground types to choose from, MGengar/Groudon/Donphan will be most people's team unless you've trained Marowak/Stunfisk

And Congrats to making into the lvl 100 club, have you used your MSU yet?

Mega Manectric stage coming next week
Ugh... now I have to level up at least one of Marowak/Stunfisk

Think I might just use great balls on safari pokes instantly this time. Don't want to spend another week playing solidly!

Played it four times this morning, though, four Electrikes.

daydream

Banned
As has already been said, Mega gengar+ the strongest ground types you have.
4/5 are ground weak, and the last is neutral

makes sense! somehow i misread it as "the safari features only ground types" or something to that effect. really not keen on this event type returning.

edit: only missing darmanitan now

hirokazu

Safari's BACK!

Stantler
Darmanitan
Manectric
Electrike
???

So Ground type teams.

Nope, my trusty overpowered ghost team absolutely destroys these stages. Just need play more to actually catch the damn things though.

Also, how do we know Mega Manectric is next week? Data mining or educated guess?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH not another Safari stage.

So Ground or Ghost Pokemon seem to be the best?

Edit: Oh, so Mega Gengar + Ground types. Alright. So far, got Stantler & Darumaka caught (& seen). Now hopefully it doesn't take about 40 hearts just to SEE a particular Pokemon like last time....

hirokazu

UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH not another Safari stage.

So Ground or Ghost Pokemon seem to be the best?

Edit: Oh, so Mega Gengar + Ground types. Alright. So far, got Stantler & Darumaka caught (& seen). Now hopefully it doesn't take about 40 hearts just to SEE a particular Pokemon like last time....

I guess if you have ground types to train or something. M.Gengar + Banette + Chandelure sees Gengar going Mega in 1-2 turns and then the rest of the stage pretty much falls apart.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I guess if you have ground types to train or something. M.Gengar + Banette + Chandelure sees Gengar going Mega in 1-2 turns and then the rest of the stage pretty much falls apart.
Ahh, right, forgot about the two Mega Boost Pokemon. But yeah, I used Mega Gengar (Lv. MAX), Groudon, & Donphan (both Lv. 7) on Darumaka and beat it in 3 moves.

It helps that Mega Gengar has a Mega Speedup to make it slightly faster.

Edit: *sigh* Darumaka is gonna be the most common for this safari event, isn't he?

Catch rates seem a lot better this time around. Caught them all with almost no bother at all. Used one Great Ball.

Last time it took over a week.

hirokazu

Catch rates seem a lot better this time around. Caught them all with almost no bother at all. Used one Great Ball.

Last time it took over a week.

It's probably the RNG at work. Last time I caught them all in two days or so with some use of great balls. I'm saving coins right now, so no great balls but if I were to use them, I imagine I'd get through these in a similar amount of time.

Top Bottom