• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Went Mega Start and +5 Moves on Conkeldurr and beat him with 1 move left. Geez. Part of it was bad luck (Mega Aeros wouldn't line up, Xerneas wouldn't proc Quirky+) but still.

Syntsui

Caught Manectric on my first try, yay!

Manaphy is really hard tough, I don't want to spend coins on it so I will farm Meowth until Victini returns and I can level up the team.

Caught Manectric on my first try, yay!

Manaphy is really hard tough, I don't want to spend coins on it so I will farm Meowth until Victini returns and I can level up the team.

For Manaphy, take a team of Pokémon that can delay its disruptions. It's not too much trouble when it's not creating barriers.

I'm trying to finally beat Mewtwo in Expert mode, but I just can't seem to beat him without using items. I'm afraid to use items, though, because if I win, I'm not sure I'll catch him. I've tried taking him on with max Gengar, Giratina, and Yveltal along with Level 7 Heracross, but the closest I can come is about 10% health. I'm willing to use all items if it means a guaranteed catch with a great ball (which I think would require beating him in about a minute), but I really don't think that's feasible. If I do go that route, though, I'm not sure if I should use Heracross or Yveltal as my third. I was initially leaning toward Heracross because complexity -1 means his crowd control will do a ton of damage, but when I tested him just now, I never saw crowd control proc. As far as I can tell, abilities can only proc if you're not currently in a combo and even then it's not 100%. As such, it might be better to take the guaranteed extra damage rather than hope for the crowd control proc. Does anybody have any good strategies for the Mewtwo level for those of us with slower reflexes?

Only advice I can give for Mewtwo is to not use Yveltal and Zoroark because they look similar.

Just go for damage. You should be combo matching constantly which means you won't be triggering abilities.

And yes, Espeon really ruins any attempts unless you use Complexity-1.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*Now has 57k+ coins*

I...think that should suffice for now, especially if I just keep checking in each day. Hopefully next week has a decent amount of stuff to do.

*Now has 57k+ coins*

I...think that should suffice for now, especially if I just keep checking in each day. Hopefully next week has a decent amount of stuff to do.

Holy crap! How do you accumulate that much? The most I've ever had was about 11k.

Also, how many hours does everyone have on this game? I have 67, completely surprised me lol.

Only advice I can give for Mewtwo is to not use Yveltal and Zoroark because they look similar.

Just go for damage. You should be combo matching constantly which means you won't be triggering abilities.

And yes, Espeon really ruins any attempts unless you use Complexity-1.
I ended up beating it without items after all. I caught him with about 67% with the enhanced great ball. I actually missed three opportunities in a row with 50% but luckily I got to keep my money when I reset. I'm not sure why it got a lot easier for me but maybe I just kept making matches and didn't care if they were espeon or not.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap! How do you accumulate that much? The most I've ever had was about 11k.

Also, how many hours does everyone have on this game? I have 67, completely surprised me lol.
MANY, MAANNYYY times playing stage 37 (Meowth) over & over again. Seriously, if that stage didn't exist, I think I (among others here) would've given up so much earlier because this is the only real way to grind for coins outside of Sunday Meowth events.

As for hours, I'm at 136.5 hours of playtime.

MANY, MAANNYYY times playing stage 37 (Meowth) over & over again. Seriously, if that stage didn't exist, I think I (among others here) would've given up so much earlier because this is the only real way to grind for coins outside of Sunday Meowth events.

As for hours, I'm at 136.5 hours of playtime.
I tried grinding it but I win way too quickly to get any coins. How do you effectively grind it?

So I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'll be playing this game until I die. This is how it ends

(not even mad)

the stage 37 version of meowth is also pretty brilliant:
-encourages leveling lots of weaker pokemon from base to mid tier
-interesting risk/reward balancing
-requires quite a lot of strategic thinking and foresight (+ luck) to get that 530 coins

Axass

I haven't seen Manectric. Like ever.

I saw Sharpedo once during the last safari, right before the deadline, and I blew all the hearts I had in the event for like two weeks.

Anything else in the game is ok to me, but I hate the safari.

Orgen

I haven't seen Manectric. Like ever.

I saw Sharpedo once during the last safari, right before the deadline, and I blew all the hearts I had in the event for like two weeks.

Anything else in the game is ok to me, but I hate the safari.

Try to change the Mega Pokemon you're using. When you put there Lucario you'll see a lot of Mantler (or whatever is called) in the Safari. If you pick Gengar you'll see the fire types more.

So try changing the Mega Pokemon to see if Manectric appears more.

Axass

Try to change the Mega Pokemon you're using. When you put there Lucario you'll see a lot of Mantler (or whatever is called) in the Safari. If you pick Gengar you'll see the fire types more.

So try changing the Mega Pokemon to see if Manectric appears more.

;_;

You're my lord and saviour, after reading your post I put Lucario as a Mega and Manectric was the first pokémon to appear. Caught him with a great ball.

Thank you.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, one tip is to get enough coins for items, then enough for a great ball as well for Pokemon that're much harder to deal with (i.e EX stages).

Now that I've beaten every main stage, I'm just gonna grind #37 Meowth, weekend Meowth, and check in coins for a long time and not care at all about side stuff unless there's a special event that's interesting enough.

wilflare

didn't login the whole week
what did I miss?

the level-up special is gone
Blastoise event over? (was there another one?)

anything else?

Chris1

Still haven't caught Victini... This is annoying me now :(

didn't login the whole week
what did I miss?

the level-up special is gone
Blastoise event over? (was there another one?)

anything else?
There is a new safari and special pokemon but both are still available, there was another blastoise event but that was running for like 2 weeks I think and ended on Monday

Safari is much easier this time, no worries lol

LOLDSFAN

Ahhhhh Mega Start, Power Increase, and 3 Great Balls and I FINALLY caught Victini.

Now I can actually start utilizing the level increase effect instead of having to reset my 3DS every time my Great Balls would fail. :p

Chopper

Is there a full-proof technique to catching Dialga? I'm really running out of time, and only have a budget of around 10,000 coins. It's stressing me out.

LOLDSFAN

I was able to pretty easily beat it each time with Mega Lucario, Heatran, Ninetales, and Groudon.

Might want a Mega Start though.

Finally got Mewtwo. Complexity and Disruption Delay got me a 58% catch rate which failed. Needed a Great Ball.

The previous item less attempt got me to a sliver of his health but he had already covered most of the board with black clouds.

Huh... what gives. Victini isn't in my game today.

I checked in earlier today and it wasn't there, so I thought they stopped the event. But then I read it's still available, but I checked in again and nope o__o

I want my easy exp >___<

Boba2007

I just got really lucky for some reason. Managed to catch Victini at 8%, then went back to the Safari and it only took 2 more hearts to find Manectric, who I caught at 28% with a regular pokeball!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
UUUGGGHHHH, I tapped the button to start the Meowth event only to realize I forgot to use the +5 Moves. Only got 2,000 coins. CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP, and this is coming from last week when I made about 8,000.....

Now I only have 67k+ coins prepared for whatever Monday will bring!

My coins have nearly run out. I've got a bit bored with it so I've been using way more coins than I would usually just to get levels out of the way and I haven't been grinding Meowth at all.

Only got 30,000 left but still need to beat a couple of Expert stages!

Loptous

Either MGengar and anyone else who doesn't remove disruptions, or MBanette and as many Pokémon as you've got that can make it evolve quicker.
If using Mega Gengar, bringing Banette / Lampent / Chandelure can help shave 1 turn off for megaevolution as well, so it won't do much but it's always welcome.
It certainly won't hurt in any case.

Growlie19

Mega Manectric is up! Available items include disruption delay, complexity -1, and attack boost. Mareep are summoned, along with wood and steel blocks.

I got all the items to get the event over with and ended up with over 38000 as my score. Placed 16th in NA, which will last all of 2 minutes.

Boba2007

Wow, they're really upping the stakes this round. If you score in the top 6,000 you get a Mega Speedup along with the Manectite (for NA).

This is gonna suck.

Edit: Also it's a timed stage.

Top Bottom