• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Also, I think Caddywompus' team is actually the best for this without items. Gengar proving that it really is the best Mega.

Honestly, if you have a high level Spiritomb running a Spookify Team is probably your best bet. A shame Shuppet's so weak, I can't get Astonish to activate nearly as often as Mind Zap.

Level 50 doesn't seem like it'd be as hard as you guys made out. Haven't beaten it without items but pretty regularly get within 10%.
I've beaten that level 20 times without items but it's frustrating how 10% is far more common than actually winning. I'd be to level 100 by now if the level was that easy.

Loptous

Honestly, if you have a high level Spiritomb running a Spookify Team is probably your best bet. A shame Shuppet's so weak, I can't get Astonish to activate nearly as often as Mind Zap.

I've beaten that level 20 times without items but it's frustrating how 10% is far more common than actually winning. I'd be to level 100 by now if the level was that easy.
What does Astonish do?

Also, I reached 61, and the levels are actually the same as 50+ :p
I guess reaching 100 is just a race against time now.

Syntsui

What is the optimal team for Meowth if you don't have Banette?

It's ridiculous how some of you guys say you can get more than 8k coins and I can barely get 2k.

What is the optimal team for Meowth if you don't have Banette?

It's ridiculous how some of you guys say you can get more than 8k coins and I can barely get 2k.

I got 6,900 today. Use Mega Gengar.

Use moves+5, and focus every single move on making a chain/combo of 3 or more matches - this makes Meowth spawn more coins. Even if you spend a minute looking at the grid each turn, there's combos available at least half the time if you concentrate. Whenever you have the chance, make a match of 5 coins, but otherwise just ignore them and let them match themselves (unless you need to use them to make a chain of 3+ matches). Basically the key to high yields is getting as many turns as you possibly can with combos of 3+. Gengar's Mega skill makes this easier, as does Banette's.

Syntsui

Use moves+5, and focus every single move on making a chain/combo of 3 or more matches - this makes Meowth spawn more coins. Even if you spend a minute looking at the grid each turn, there's combos available at least half the time if you concentrate. Whenever you have the chance, make a match of 5 coins, but otherwise just ignore them and let them match themselves (unless you need to use them to make a chain of 3+ matches). Basically the key to high yields is getting as many turns as you possibly can with combos of 3+. Gengar's Mega skill makes this easier, as does Banette's.
I'm using Ginger, I will try to focus for como os instead of coins next time.

I'm using Ginger, I will try to focus for como os instead of coins next time.

It's the mistake everyone makes at first, assuming that the best way to make coins on Meowth is to match the coins. In fact, the best way to make coins is to ignore them almost entirely :lol

Loptous

My new strategy for Giratina is basically :
-Farm 1500 coins on Meowth
-Breeze through Giratina with Disruption Delay

I think this ends up saving more time / hearts and being more efficient overall.

My new strategy for Giratina is basically :
-Farm 1500 coins on Meowth
-Breeze through Giratina with Disruption Delay

I think this ends up saving more time / hearts and being more efficient overall.

That's six fights for every Giratina level, which is 300 fights from 50 to 100, which is 9000 minutes, which is 150 hours, which is almost a week if you never let your hearts stay filled, which is about as long as the battle has left!

(I hope you're quite far ahead.)

Loptous

That's six fights for every Giratina level, which is 300 fights from 50 to 100, which is 9000 minutes, which is 150 hours, which is almost a week if you never let your hearts stay filled, which is about as long as the battle has left!

Level 63
I'm not going to make it like that, am I? : (

Well, I still have 90000+ coins, and I don't mind going down around 75000.

The weird part is that I was doing fine yesterday (+7 levels?) but I lost like 12 battles in a row today. Yet, Giratina's patterns have not changed at all so I'm starting to suspect that they've increased its health at 60.

llehuty

Sounds like the perfect plan to end up hating the game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
UUGGHHHH, EX24 is a pain despite bringing in Frogadier. I'm using Lv. 7 Mega Ampharos & Zapdos with Lv. 8 Sceptile. I'm sure +10 seconds would help, but then my chances of catching him would be extremely low.

Even Mega Start didn't help. Guess I'll have to also get Distortion Delay, despite people saying they didn't really need to buy any items.

06150503. code for free 3 moves +5 items.

Valid 06/15/2015-09/14/2015

Dialga was hard, needed attack power + to beat it.

It's 80 attack, steel, ability block smash + (can break 3 unbreakable block disruptions).

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Wasted one Attack+ and super ball on Dialga, no luck :-(
That's gonna be an expensive one. Only beat it once out of 10 times without items and no moves left. Attack+ is pretty much necessary for a half decent catch rate (base is 8%).

Loptous

I've already managed to raise 7500 coins (+500 from daily check in) from Meowth today (and it's only 2PM here!)

Can somebody give me a brief description of Dialga's stage?
I'd like to avoid wasting a heart on reconnaissance duty if I can.

Syntsui

Blastoisenite holders, please ignore this event so I can easily win the stone after Venasaurite fiasco. Thank you very much ;)

Razmos

Awesome, another pokemon that you have to use coins to beat.

It's just going to keep getting more ridiculous, I don't even know why I'm bothering.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yay, some free +5 moves.

Bah, gonna have to raise about 7000ish for Dialga, then another 2500 to be safe & use a Great Ball on it...

Awesome, another pokemon that you have to use coins to beat.

It's just going to keep getting more ridiculous, I don't even know why I'm bothering.

I've already managed to raise 7500 coins (+500 from daily check in) from Meowth today (and it's only 2PM here!)

Can somebody give me a brief description of Dialga's stage?
I'd like to avoid wasting a heart on reconnaissance duty if I can.

Yay, some free +5 moves.

Bah, gonna have to raise about 7000ish for Dialga, then another 2500 to be safe & use a Great Ball on it...

Try to make sure the board doesn't reset during your first five moves.

If the board resets, consider the game lost; if the board doesn't reset, though, it's actually pretty easy.

Think of the first five turns as the "non-fixed" equivalent of the Haxorus stage - try to move Pokémon in such a way that you can match all the way up until the fifth move. (Block Bash may or may not help, but you should be able to prevent a board reset even without it.)

Machine

Dialga wasn't that bad. Like Braixen, it has that row of unbreakable blocks at the top. Use Ninetails and with a little luck its block smash ability will open a hole in the top row (with bad luck it will just remove a block down below which doesn't help). Once you've opened that hole, it's fairly easy. I beat it without items but used a free move +5 token and an attack up to catch it pretty easily.

JoeM86

I too have Dialga in both of my games. I found that Mega Lucario was useless, so went with the more risky but more combo bringing Mega Ampharos. Worked wonders

Mega Lucario could work for Dialga but it's useless until evolved. Ninetales definitely helps. Matching Dialga itself could work if the placement is good.

Xerneas continues to elude me even after using Mega Start. Why is that stage so much harder than Yveltal.

Got 12k on my first Blastoise run. It's not timed which some people will like. Top scores are 60k+ already (NA). Pretty much the same teams as last time: Mega Ampharos, Sceptile, Raikou, Zapdos.

Sagitario

I tried with Gengar + 3 ghost Pokémon and I always end up killing Meowth. What team/levels are you guys using?

Around lvl 75 Giratina crossed the line from being challenging to being punishing. Began using items around level 80. Spent about 10,000 to reach five more levels. Not fun.

What's terrible is I wasted around 4,000 coins on the Weekend Meowth since I was expecting the usual 4,500-5000 reward but nearly doubled that except I didn't have the room to hold that many coins.

Giratina's even more frustrating when using items too. There's still no guarantee win even when spending 2300 coins. So I've limited myself to only +5 so a loss isn't such a waste.

With 11 days left I was on pace for needing about 3 wins a day, then it climbed to 4. Any more and I would have ran out of time. Now I just want to move onto the new stages and Dialga.

Loptous

Around lvl 75 Giratina crossed the line from being challenging to being punishing. Began using items around level 80. Spent about 10,000 to reach five more levels. Not fun.

What's terrible is I wasted around 4,000 coins on the Weekend Meowth since I was expecting the usual 4,500-5000 reward but nearly doubled that except I didn't have the room to hold that many coins.

Giratina's even more frustrating when using items too. There's still no guarantee win even when spending 2300 coins. So I've limited myself to only +5 so a loss isn't such a waste.

With 11 days left I was on pace for needing about 3 wins a day, then it climbed to 4. Any more and I would have ran out of time. Now I just want to move onto the new stages and Dialga.
Does its pattern change, or does it just get more health?
I'm on 72 and aiming for 5 wins a day, but it's going to be a close one.

I've already started using Moves +5 along Disruption Delay.

I'll probably attempt Dialga next week since it'll still be there, but man, I've been slacking on the main stages because of it.

I tried with Gengar + 3 ghost Pokémon and I always end up killing Meowth. What team/levels are you guys using?

You're talking about a different thing. Weekend Meowth can't be killed.

For stage 37, literally any team is fine as long as you can kill it after 7 or 8 moves, so nothing too strong that'll kill it quickly, and nothing too weak that you'll run out of turns.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, Dialga caught after Distortion Delay, Mega Start, Attack Power Up, & (an unneeded) Moves +5, with 42% catch rate.

Finally beat Greninja's stage, but with no time left so of course didn't catch him at 1%. Didn't help I didn't notice I didn't switch my 4th Pokemon for Frogadier, so it was a pain getting Mega Ampharos to match & remove them so more Pokemon would come to match.

Syntsui

I need a fucking walkthrough to beat Dialga without items. Ninetails is useless I almost never get it's ability to work on the top blocks.

Junahu

I need a fucking walkthrough to beat Dialga without items. Ninetails is useless I almost never get it's ability to work on the top blocks.
All of the blocks disappear if you manage to waste enough turns without letting the board reset. You have to maximise the number of matches you can make, without making more than one per turn.

-Horizon-

Indeed. It's just such a pain for it to get going. Once the blocks are removed, then I start getting awesome combos, but it's getting to that point in a short time which sucks

I tried your strategy with mega ampharos and after a few times, I finally managed to beat the stage at least :D

Now to actually catch it haha

All of the blocks disappear if you manage to waste enough turns without letting the board reset. You have to maximise the number of matches you can make, without making more than one per turn.

This is probably obvious, but make matches from top to bottom, one at a time (no combos).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think it just said that you cleared all the stages available right now & to look forward to new ones in the future.

Just beat Tyranitar and it flashed up a message about congratulations something which I missed by tapping. What did it say?

It just says you've beaten all the currently released stages.

Dialga was so random. I thought I had it figured out so I just went Attack Power. Beat it, couldn't catch it. So I went Attack Power and Disruption Delay, but got a bad start and the board reset. Second try, beat it with 12 moves left. Super Catch Rate put it to Max so I caught it.

It seems to alternate between 4x2 unbreakable blocks, complete rows of unbreakables, and 4x2 Dialgas.

Does its pattern change, or does it just get more health?
I'm on 72 and aiming for 5 wins a day, but it's going to be a close one.

I've already started using Moves +5 along Disruption Delay.

I'll probably attempt Dialga next week since it'll still be there, but man, I've been slacking on the main stages because of it.

No pattern change so far and I've given up hope for one. They really should have had a change of pace every 15 levels or so. Heck if they ran the levels in reverse after lvl 75 it would have still been masochistic but more people probably would have spent the coins to get though 25 lvls as opposed to 50.

At least when I'm done with this there will be something to do while the competition repeat takes place.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this trick I saw on miiverse: Try and grab the pokemon icon you want to save during his disruption attack and it can stop it from being turned into a unbreakable block (maybe a barrier too?) That can prevent some set ups from being ruined when Mind Zap doesn't trigger.

Also I found Mega Banette/Gengar/Girtina/Yveltal better when using 2300 coins worth of items. Just be careful towards the end with no Mind Zapper, 10 moves left his disruptions start again.

Syntsui

I just did 20,484 without items and I'm ranked 9300. Do you guys think this is safe for the stone? I have a feeling everybody will start using all the items on the last day and I will lose another stone :(

Wow, Chesnaught, fuck that. I guess it's okay with a disruption delay but what a shit level.

I think I might finally be bored of this game. Will probably just sign in for contests/daily Pokémon and leave it at that now. I kind of just wish it would end :lol

Top Bottom