• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINALLY, a new Pokemon after 6 or 7 attempts. Captured Manectric w/ a Great Ball.

Yay for grinding for Meowth & the two jewels from Mega Blastoise. Got almost 44k coins, which thankfully will come in handy for the Safari.

Edit: GO AWAY, DARUMAKA, YOU'RE THE NEW SPIRA.....also holy crap, I got a freakin' 138 combo after the move that ko'd Darumaka.

Edit 2: Good, got Electrike (though WTF, only 40 attack). Now just one more & I'm done.

Growlie19

Oddly, I've caught the fully evolved guys before the unevolved ones. No great balls needed yet. As soon as I get the other two, it's back to catching Manaphy, then Manectric grinding.

Yeah I forgot to even attempt Mega Blastoise since I already had his stone. Oh well. I've caught Darumaka, Electrike, and Stantler so far. I'm not using any ground pokemon, but I'm winning so quickly with Gengar, Giratina, and Yveltal that I don't think it even matters that much.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thank goodness, finally fought Darmanitan & got MAX catch rate due to Super Catch. Done with the Safari event & still have almost 42K coins.

Now I wonder when we'll get a Pokemon to celebrate 5 million downloads.

LOLDSFAN

Got Stantler and Electrike.

Failed to get Darumaka 3 times so I used a Great Ball with super catch rate and got it.

So all that's left now are the big boys Manectric and Darmanitan.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So there's only 5 Pokemon in the Safari again, correct? I might just go back to grinding for coins while taking in Pokemon that can be leveled up to prepare for when they get a Mega Stone.

So I looked at my play time and was shocked that I've blow just over 80 hours of my life on this game. I'm depressed now...

What are your game times?

Over 15 attempts so far, still just have those 3 from the safari. I can't get Manectric or Darmanitan to show up at all.

Edit: Is there any chance that we'll get another Mega Lucario or Mega Venusaur challenge? I couldn't rank high enough in either competition before.

Chris1

Still haven't ran into Manectric again 20~ hearts later. Manectric was the second pokemon I ran into too :( figured he wasn't that rare so didn't use a great ball. At least it doesn't seem to be as bad as sharpedo.

Edit: Someone pointed out on reddit the last few Mega competitions have been Lucario>Blastoise>Banette>Venusaur>Manectric. Seems highly possible the next one after Manectric will be Charizard.

So my Safari ended up being:

Electrike x 6
Manectric (Great Ball)
Electrike
Darumaka
Darmanitan (Great Ball)
Stantler

So besides the front-loaded Electrike I think I got pretty lucky.

I haven't even seen Manectric and all my hearts have been poured into the Safari. I think the RNG gods are punishing me for having such an easy time with Sharkpedo's Safari.

Chris1

Ran into manectric a second time after about 25 hearts and managed to capture it. Seems like they really listened after the last safari, this one was much fairer.

I'm up to like the 195th Pokemon in main quest. How many Pokemon are in the core quest again?

Stage On

Finally caught Manectric after it broke out of 4 great balls at 58%. There goes most of my gold.

You didn't reset the system to save your coins? I normally do if it isn't captured by the second great ball.

caught all 5 safari pokemon, now to grind for coins again. I'll need the money to s-rank some stages so I can unlock the last 4 expert levels. Every time I start getting going on getting gold I need to use some to catch the new legendary pokemon or to insure i get a mega stone :/

You didn't reset the system to save your coins? I normally do if it isn't captured by the second great ball.

caught all 5 safari pokemon, now to grind for coins again. I'll need the money to s-rank some stages so I can unlock the last 4 expert levels. Every time I start getting going on getting gold I need to use some to catch the new legendary pokemon or to insure i get a mega stone :/

I didn't think that would work on the New 3DS, plus I was just happy to finally see Manectric for the first time in about 30 hearts.

Does it have better stats than Ampharos?

No, its base power is only 60 and has hitting streak. While Ampharos may be stronger he's incredibly slow to evolve and his Mega effect is random. I'm guessing MManectric will be his opposite, quick to evolve and controlled destruction.

Isn't it odd that the available Megas of the same type don't have opposing Mega effects?

Both ghosts remove mons instead of destroying blocks/mons, all the normals destroy but can't remove, the psychics remove or add but can't destroy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can't wait when they combine the Weekday Pokemon with the Safari so we only have one day to catch all 5 Pokemon & then 5 safaris to deal with throughout the week, totaling 25 to capture in one week.

Quilladin is ridiculous. Need a ton of luck to even win and when I do it's with a 2% catch rate. Limited moves, blocks to start, and three disruptions every three moves.

Etria

Finally caught all the Safari Pokemon. Thankfully, it didn't take as long as last time.

As a bonus, got Manaphy on the first try! The gods must be smiling upon me today :D

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kind of bugs me just how many Pokemon we have left who still don't have their Mega Stones, especially considering how "old" some of them are. Looking at the current list with everyone captured so far, there's still:

- Charizard (which considering Blastoise & Venusaur had their competitions, I'm sure Charizard will have one in a few weeks)
- Pidgeot (probably the "oldest" without a stone, considering how early you can capture him, at stage 44)
- Absol
- Heracross
- Sceptile
- Blaziken
- Swampert
- Scizor
- Rayquaza
- Steelix (we're stating to get into the "newer" Pokemon, so I'm not as annoyed)
- Tyranitar (again, see above)
- Sharpedo
- Pinsir
- Manectric (see Steelix)

So that's FOURTEEN Pokemon that still need their Mega Stone. I think it's just the completionist in me that's so bugged by that. Also wish there was a way to filter Pokemon that can have a Mega Stone, but don't have them yet.

Chris1

Really need some fire mega stones. Aerodactyl doesn't quite cut it with bug Pokemon.
Posted this above:

Edit: Someone pointed out on reddit the last few Mega competitions have been Lucario>Blastoise>Banette>Venusaur>Manectric. Seems highly possible the next one after Manectric will be Charizard.

Although Charizard is weak sauce, only 60 AP. Hopefully he'll have a good mega ability at least.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, Charizard should be soon considering we had Blastoise & Venusaur. I also want a Mega Stone Pokemon that replaces Glalie or whatever the name of that ice Pokemon that removes everything in a V is called.

Top Bottom