• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

-Horizon-

I'd just get a complexity -1 aswell, only 9k coins and you'll make it back in no time from Meowth. Assuming you want the mega speedup that is.

Is that with or without items? I could only get around 10k without items but buying all items gave me a score of 43.5k so they definitely help a ton.

Without. I don't know if its worth it to spend anything for the rewards. Is the mega start up or whatever really that good of an item?

Chris1

Without. I don't know if its worth it to spend anything for the rewards. Is the mega start up or whatever really that good of an item?
Mega speedup you mean? :p To be honest mega start sort of negates its usefulness but I think it's handy to have for stages where it isn't worth buying mega start or the stage doesn't offer it. Plus it being permanent is nice.

I'm at the end of the game with near max coins so there's nothing left for me to do in shuffle so for me it's worth it as it gives me a reason to play it by farming coins getting to near max again. I've tried the stage twice now with items and I'm at 85k or so coins still and will get back to ~95k before the next set of stages come out easily. It really just depends, I didn't go for the 100 stage Giratina Speedup as it was a little too difficult to get to and if they ever make it too hard to get more I probably won't actively pursue getting them all but if I can get them without much trouble, like this one then I will. So I don't think they are too useful and I won't go out my way to get every last one but they are nice to have if you can get them without much hassle.

-Horizon-

Mega speedup you mean? :p To be honest mega start sort of negates its usefulness but I think it's handy to have for stages where it isn't worth buying mega start or the stage doesn't offer it. Plus it being permanent is nice.

I'm at the end of the game with near max coins so there's nothing left for me to do in shuffle so for me it's worth it as it gives me a reason to play it by farming coins getting to near max again. I've tried the stage twice now with items and I'm at 85k or so coins still and will get back to ~95k before the next set of stages come out easily. It really just depends, I didn't go for the 100 stage Giratina Speedup as it was a little too difficult to get to and if they ever make it too hard to get more I probably won't actively pursue getting them all but if I can get them without much trouble, like this one then I will. So I don't think they are too useful and I won't go out my way to get every last one but they are nice to have if you can get them without much hassle.

haha yeah, speedup whoops lol

I only have about 40,000 coins so I kind of want to save for more important events.

Chris1

haha yeah, speedup whoops lol

I only have about 40,000 coins so I kind of want to save for more important events.
Yea, it's really just up to each person if it's worth it or not. 13k or so coins isn't a huge deal to me any more but it's a lot for others.

There'll also most likely be new stages on Monday too which will no doubt require some coins to S rank a couple of stages at least so if 13k coins is a lot to you then it's probably not worth it considering Speedups can be rendered completely useless with a 2k mega start.

Yea, it's really just up to each person if it's worth it or not. 13k or so coins isn't a huge deal to me any more but it's a lot for others.

There'll also most likely be new stages on Monday too which will no doubt require some coins to S rank a couple of stages at least so if 13k coins is a lot to you then it's probably not worth it considering Speedups can be rendered completely useless with a 2k mega start.

Well the nice thing about new stages is that you don't need coins to progress just S-rank so there's plenty of time to collect more coins before another event happens. There's unlikely to be anymore EX stages so there's no hurry to S-Rank anyway.

Plus Weekend Meowth is a few days away and at worst will let you recoup a third your 13k loss.

When the Safari ends we'll probably see daily repeats, Palkia and Phione. Nothing that would require a ton of coins. But like you said it depends on the perceived worth of coins at this stage of the game. You can always get more coins but you can't get more Mega Speed Ups.

JoeM86

Well the nice thing about new stages is that you don't need coins to progress just S-rank so there's plenty of time to collect more coins before another event happens. There's unlikely to be anymore EX stages so there's no hurry to S-Rank anyway.

Plus Weekend Meowth is a few days away and at worst will let you recoup a third your 13k loss.

When the Safari ends we'll probably see daily repeats, Palkia and Phione. Nothing that would require a ton of coins. But like you said it depends on the perceived worth of coins at this stage of the game. You can always get more coins but you can't get more Mega Speed Ups.

We'll also likely get the final 10 stages of Pedra Valley.

We'll also likely get the final 10 stages of Pedra Valley.

There was that message that said "congratulations on beating all the current stages" which I don't remember appearing before. Plus they've stopped on a nice round number, in 200.

It feels like they're gearing up to stop adding new stages for a while, maybe so they can drip-feed them into the mobile version until the two reach the same place.

I still can't get Manetric...

Have you been playing around the same time every day? If so try a different time of day like early morning.

Both Safari's I only had success encountering Sharkpedo/Manectric early morning 5-6 am ET. Watching Miiverse makes me believe encounter rate is linked to time of day.

EDIT: Also some idea where the US cut off for the top 6k with 2 days left

7302 place= 15417 score
6683= 16302
4682=21090
4342=22411
3851= 25616

JoeM86

There was that message that said "congratulations on beating all the current stages" which I don't remember appearing before. Plus they've stopped on a nice round number, in 200.

It feels like they're gearing up to stop adding new stages for a while, maybe so they can drip-feed them into the mobile version until the two reach the same place.

Na, just's just saying you're done with the then-current stages

Yeah, but I don't remember it ever saying that before when I was done with the then-current stages.

Maybe it did, but I'm certain that's the first time it happened.

Yeah, it was added for the latest bunch of stages.

Doesn't really change anything though; it's likely a message to let players know that's all for now.

Like how they changed Complexity -1's description, without changing the actual item.

Do you have Lucario as your mega?

also yiisssssss, got 39472 with only having to burn 3K coins on attack power up, had an epic combo with my maxed out Gengar, Groudon, Stunfisk, Marowak team. Pretty sure I'm secure for that top 6K

Have you been playing around the same time every day? If so try a different time of day like early morning.

Both Safari's I only had success encountering Sharkpedo/Manectric early morning 5-6 am ET. Watching Miiverse makes me believe encounter rate is linked to time of day.

EDIT: Also some idea where the US cut off for the top 6k with 2 days left

7302 place= 15417 score
6683= 16302
4682=21090
4342=22411
3851= 25616

Holy crap, I have been playing around the same time (around noon). And yeah, I got mega Lucario, no luck still. :

I won't give up!

I got a EU score of 34,638, which puts me at 1663th place. I will probably fall off the 3000 threshold tomorrow, right?

Oh well, I tried and I'm happy I'm getting the Mega Stone at least : D

Still feel weird for missing the Venusaur Mega Stone by 83 places....

It feels really strange to be not be able to play any new stages since you've beaten them all...again, and again...

I think I'm not bothering with the higher rewards. Hopefully a score of just slightly under 10,000 will get me the Mega Stone. Right now I'm just slightly behind 20,000 in terms of rankings.

It feels really strange to be not be able to play any new stages since you've beaten them all...again, and again...

I think I'm not bothering with the higher rewards. Hopefully a score of just slightly under 10,000 will get me the Mega Stone. Right now I'm just slightly behind 20,000 in terms of rankings.

Yeah, to get in the top 6,000 will cost me 15,000 coins and I don't really think one Speed-up is worth that. That's the equivalent of four jewels. And that's assuming that you actually even get into the top 6,000 after spending all that! I just stopped on 11,000 points or so which put me at 15,000th which will be more than good enough for the stone barring an actual miracle.

I spent my coins mopping up everything else instead. Now caught every single Pokémon available thus far (which is 250, hopefully) and am only 6 s-ranks short of having all the expert stages s-ranked. I don't really care about those, though, Chesnaught won't be an easy s-rank even with all the coins in the world to spend, I've no idea how you'd do it and if I can't s-rank that, there's no point worrying about the rest.

Everything's caught, I've got all the mega stones I could have by now, so I'm good.

75 hours!

JoeM86

So everything new tomorrow.

All the events are ending.
Just finished a competitive stage too which means new stages.

A fresh start for the month!

OmegaX

So everything new tomorrow.

All the events are ending.
Just finished a competitive stage too which means new stages.

A fresh start for the month!

I fear we might get nothing. Maybe development will halt until the mobile version catches up.

Chris1

Yeah I doubt we'll get nothing, we've gotten something every week except for that time there was a holiday or something in Japan and even then, we got a mega competition earlier than usual.

I just realized we should also be getting another trainer stage which means a new mega stone to finish off Pedra valley. I'm guessing it'll be Steelix but Tyranitar is possibility aswell.

That message we got for clearing all main stages. That didn't happen before, did it?

We're also at precisely 250 Pokémon caught and 200 stages finished. Nice round numbers. I really wouldn't be surprised if the "new" content tomorrow was just repeat stuff for people who missed it.

At the same time though there are still a load of greyed out Pokémon in the list so they're obviously sat there waiting. Could go either way.

daydream

Banned
Got Complexity -1 and the Disruption item for the Mega stage and totally choked. Hate that 'deer in the headlight' feeling sometimes. >->

Anyway, the Mega Stone is what matters here, I guess.

Robin64

Ugh, I need Manectric. :(

Edit: It finally appeared, on my last heart of the day, and I missed it at 64% catch rate with Great Balls. Well damn.

Yeah I doubt we'll get nothing, we've gotten something every week except for that time there was a holiday or something in Japan and even then, we got a mega competition earlier than usual.

I just realized we should also be getting another trainer stage which means a new mega stone to finish off Pedra valley. I'm guessing it'll be Steelix but Tyranitar is possibility aswell.
Watch the Mega be like Mega Gyarados and we have no use for the Mega Stone til Gyarados appears in the regular stages, that would be some Slowbro level of trolling.

EDIT: Less than 1 hour left, updated US cut off idea

6915 place =25536 score
6029 =28280
5575= 30070
5612= 29866
4869 = 31577
4094= 33495

EDIT 2: Looks like if you got over 30k you made the top 6000, 5863 place had a score of 30086

Grinding all week and at over 20k. Not sure if it's all worth it to try for the top. Maxed out Gengar though.

Forgot about Victini yesterday. :(

Robin64

Jirachi, Tepig, and Daily Pokemon. (Wynaut today)
Jirachi is a once-a-day battle.

Annoyingly, I got the Manectrite but never got the Manectric itself. Doh.

CassSept

One per day again ugh. And the ability is Mega Boost+ which is VERY useful with the abundance of steel Megas.. e: Mawile, I forgot, nvm

Mega Salamence is stage 210 right? E: or not, why is Mence the icon for new stages then huh

Mega Heracross
is at the end of Pedra Valley

Daily Pokemon= Wynaut,
Torkoal
Zangoose
Luvdisc
and
Seviper

Other Pokemon data added
Arceus : Base 90 with Double Normal (Increases damage done by any Normal types in a combo.)

And all three XY Starters

And I leveled
Pinsir
instead :p

Not sure if I get what Tepig is about?
Just need to catch it so you can get Pignite later on?

I'm guessing they are going to milk all three evolutions back to back like an event leading up to the competition in August. And I was expecting Charizard XY to be next, I doubt the run two fire type competitions so close together

Chris1

Not sure if I get what Tepig is about?
Just need to catch it so you can get Pignite later on?
It doesn't sound like you need to catch it to get Pignite. It just says it will be available in august, if you needed Tepig I think it would say that. I don't see the meaning behind calling it "An Evolving Challenge!" when it's really just the same as every other special stage. I thought it would "evolve" after you caught/beat it before reading the info section. Really weird.

Ugh one of those once a day stages. Hopefully the capture rate is better than Pinsir, these stages suck I was hoping they wouldn't return after the backlash they got before. Edit: Caught Jirachi first try with 27% catch rate... I'll let you off this time Shuffle. Catch rates seem to be much better but still a very shitty way to do a stage.

Is it just me or are we getting a lot more content than usual this past month? I always said it felt like they were dragging it out to make the game last forever but the past month or so has been packed with content.

Chopper

Aw, dammit. My first "miss". I was putting off the Mega Manectric competition whilst I was grinding for coins this week. And then Sunday creeps up on me and I'm too busy to remember to actually do it! No mega stone for me. :(

Oh well. At least it wasn't a Pokemon. Though I did just fail at catching Jirachi.

Robin64

I actually haven't had my 3DS for the past few weeks, so when I finally got it back yesterday I had to get a decent score in the Mega contest, catch Manaphy, and catch the Safari 5. Sadly I missed Dialga completely. I also didn't manage to catch Manectric, which has annoyed me.

ZeroX03

Banned
Came in top 1000 for Mega Manectric. Caught and S ranked Jirachi, Tepig, Wynaut, Hippowdon and Weavile on my first go. This is my lucky patch, I think the game is making it up to me for the nightmare that was Quilladin.

daydream

Banned
I continue to not have any trouble whatsoever with the event pokemon but these regular stages, man. I got just enough S ranks to have Genesect unlocked but he's impossible and, ugh, the rest of the regular stages that I got left to s-rank are, too.

Top Bottom