• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Chopper

I continue to not have any trouble whatsoever with the event pokemon but these regular stages, man. I got just enough S ranks to have Genesect unlocked but he's impossible and, ugh, the rest of the regular stages that I got left to s-rank are, too.
Same. I tried Genesect once. Fuck that. And fuck S ranks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess Jirachi is the only Pokemon worth leveling up at the moment being base attack 70 & Mega Boost+. Strange how it seems like he would've been saved to celebrate 5 million downloads.

ZeroX03

Banned
So Avalugg is an odd one. It throws ice disruption lines at you if you don't make at least two matches a turn? Until a certain point where it's guaranteed randomized ice blocks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
LOL 106 COMBO on my first turn on Braviary with no items & caught with 33%. Nice to see we still get a nice "easy" stage in every update.

daydream

Banned
LOL 106 COMBO on my first turn on Braviary with no items & caught with 33%. Nice to see we still get a nice "easy" stage in every update.

jeez

i had sort of an inverse situation where i was struggling the whole stage despite getting decent combos. then i mega evolved aerodactyl on the last turn and took of the remaining health (which was more than half) in one turn

didn't catch the bird, though

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, so Manectric's Mega Power is basically the same as Ampharos, except instead of "a random lighting strike", it's "a vertical lightning strike". I've yet to test it out to see how it differs.

Edit: "Oh hey, stage 208 only has 3 Pokemon! Mega Gengar should suffI NEED MEGA AERODACTYL."

I haven't even beaten Tyranitar yet haha.

Decided to save some coins and just went with Attack Power and DD to get into the top 20k for the Mega Boost.

Wynaut and Tepig were caught on the first try. Is Jirachi tricky at all? Only one try a day so I'm having Pinsir flashbacks.

Loptous

I leveled 50 pokemon to max, including all potential megas.
how

It doesn't sound like you need to catch it to get Pignite. It just says it will be available in august, if you needed Tepig I think it would say that. I don't see the meaning behind calling it "An Evolving Challenge!" when it's really just the same as every other special stage. I thought it would "evolve" after you caught/beat it before reading the info section. Really weird.
In the FR version, it says something like "Face Tepig to get ready for Pignite" or something.
It's really vague though.

Also, managed to beat all new normal stages without items except for the last one so far.
Yet I only managed to caught 1 mon (missed 1 +80% and several +50%). I guess I used all my luck on Jirachi this morning.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh cool, made it to 210 & it's Mega
Heracross
, which means a new type of Mega Pokemon.

I must say, this new set has been rather manageable. Haven't felt the need to buy Complexity -1 once. S ranks only took about 2 or 3 attempts. Nothing seriously frustrating like in the past.

......so how much of the above will be proven wrong once I try the Mega stage?

Oh cool, made it to 210 & it's Mega
Heracross
, which means a new type of Mega Pokemon.

I must say, this new set has been rather manageable. Haven't felt the need to buy Complexity -1 once. S ranks only took about 2 or 3 attempts. Nothing seriously frustrating like in the past.

......so how much of the above will be proven wrong once I try the Mega stage?
I still can't beat
Aegislash
despite having 4 maxed pokemon, 3 of which are super effective, and I don't typically have issues with these things. It really sucks not having Mega Lucario. I hope he'll become available again at some point.

I still can't beat
Aegislash
despite having 4 maxed pokemon, 3 of which are super effective, and I don't typically have issues with these things. It really sucks not having Mega Lucario. I hope he'll become available again at some point.

I'm still not sure how useful Mega Lucario is really. It's okay at clearing blocks out but when it does it kills your combo dead, so while you have a decent field to play on, you're still not scoring that well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mega Gengar came in more handy for 210 because Mega Aerodactyl isn't as helpful when you use Distortion Delay. I used +5 Moves, DD, C -1, and Mega Start to beat the stage with about 18 moves left.

Also, no new EX stages as I S-ranked everything. Had about 90k coins this morning, now after clearing all 10 stages, Jirachi, and the two other Special Pokemon, got about 27k left over. Again, really didn't need to use Complexity -1 as much aside from the Mega Stage. I felt like this was a much more tolerable/balanced set of stages.

It just sucks that the competitions mean you might not have another chance at getting the mega stone. Competition stones should be obtainable like a month or so later through some other means. Alternatively, they could do an event like the safari or daily pokemon and have a daily mega stone that rotates previous competitions.

It just sucks that the competitions mean you might not have another chance at getting the mega stone. Competition stones should be obtainable like a month or so later through some other means. Alternatively, they could do an event like the safari or daily pokemon and have a daily mega stone that rotates previous competitions.

They've repeated previous competitions, everything will come back around eventually.

They've repeated previous competitions, everything will come back around eventually.

They have? Like what? Don't tell me they've offered Lucario again. I took a break for about a month or so when I realized there was no way I could get Mega Banette. I came back right in time to miss Mega Venusaur.

Robin64

They have? Like what? Don't tell me they've offered Lucario again. I took a break for about a month or so when I realized there was no way I could get Mega Banette. I came back right in time to miss Mega Venusaur.

They did indeed repeat Mega Lucario, about two months after the first time.

Wow that really sucks. So there's no chance of them offering it a third time anytime soon is there?

Edit: The only competitions I've won so far have been Blastoise and getting a Mega Speedup in the latest one. I have the perfect anti-Lucario team now with Mega Mewtwo, Victini, Slowbro, and uh... some other guy probably. Also, Aegislash is effectively impossible to beat without items if you don't have Mega Lucario. I even had +5 moves and still didn't come close to beating him with 4 maxed super effective Pokemon.

I placed #6,725th is this last competition. Was in the top 6,000 till the very end. That's all good, I don't mind! Glad to get the stone at least.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, so Mega
Heracross
's ability is basically the same as Mega Slowbro's, but instead of making 1 more appear ABOVE the same piece, it appears to the LEFT.

& Mega Manectric's ability feels very similar to Ampharos, as it's still random as where it'll appear, but it's basically a zig-zag between 2 columns instead of all over the place.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The problem is that Manectric is slightly weaker (about 10 less if they're at the same level), but yes, the fact the lightning has an actual pattern (even if it's still random as to which column it'll start at) can be helpful for stages with ice & such since it has less of a chance of "dodging" them.

I'm still not sure how useful Mega Lucario is really. It's okay at clearing blocks out but when it does it kills your combo dead, so while you have a decent field to play on, you're still not scoring that well.

I can't remember if I used M Lucario on that stage, I assume I did. (Genius Sonority really need to create a feature that logs your winning team on each stage) It's hard to imagine getting past some of these stages (150+) without M Lucario. Sure you can throw money at any problem but Lucario's speed and ability to reset the field is so valuable.

Oh yeah, so Mega
Heracross
's ability is basically the same as Mega Slowbro's, but instead of making 1 more appear ABOVE the same piece, it appears to the LEFT.

& Mega Manectric's ability feels very similar to Ampharos, as it's still random as where it'll appear, but it's basically a zig-zag between 2 columns instead of all over the place.

I figured his ability was the horizontal version of Slowbro but wasn't positive. Which is fine, he was the most useful Mega for a good portion of the game. Now with a even better ability.

It's going to be weird having a Max level Mega from the start. Usually I spend a week after the victory getting the new Mega up to at least lvl 6.

I feel that the consistency makes M-Manectric way better than M-Amphy. It also has a better ability.

I'm pretty disappoint with M Manectric, he's still takes a long time to evolve, Blastoise/Mawile speed. I was looking forward to not having to tie Dedenne to a Mega Electric's hip but I guess not. The Mega effect isn't nearly as unpredictable as Ampharos but it's still random. I was hoping he had a fixed attack like Mawile's but a jagged line shape instead of three diagonal lines. Just not sure if his superior ability is worth the lack of power.

Maybe it was just the new stages and he'll grow on me with more use but he doesn't jump out as a replacement for Ampharos.

EDIT: I forgot to ask.

Is Salamence the first final evolution to be a different type than its previous forms?

That may mean Emboar is not a fire type but a fighting type. We'll still see a pattern with the Kanto starters, our first fire Mega in Charizard Y soon and eventually X will surely be a Dragon type since Mega Salamence opened up a spot.

I think I lucked out with Jirachi yesterday with a catch rate just below 30% without spending any coins on the stage.

If only every stage was this easy.

EDIT: I forgot to ask.

Is Salamence the first final evolution to be a different type than its previous forms?

That may mean Emboar is not a fire type but a fighting type. We'll still see a pattern with the Kanto starters, our first fire Mega in Charizard Y soon and eventually X will surely be a Dragon type since Mega Salamence opened up a spot.

Only thing that comes to mind is Onix and Steelix.

Loptous

Missed catching Torkoal 12 times in a row, with above 50% catch rate every time
I think I might have angered the RNG deity at one point

Missed catching Torkoal 12 times in a row, with above 50% catch rate every time
I think I might have angered the RNG deity at one point

I hear you. Torkoal took me about four hearts before staying in the ball today. I used the remaining one to beat Braviary for this session.

Mega Heracross pls. Every time. Always a sliver of HP left :/

What team are you using to get it to a sliver?

I got it to an 1/8 left once with M Gengar/Heatran/Tyrantar/Absol but usually struggle to get past 50%

They've messed with the abilities' trigger % on that level, I had a team with Quake, Mind Zap and Eject and had only one ability activated in 25 moves.

-Horizon-

What team are you using to get it to a sliver?

I got it to an 1/8 left once with M Gengar/Heatran/Tyrantar/Absol but usually struggle to get past 50%

They've messed with the abilities' trigger % on that level, I had a team with Quake, Mind Zap and Eject and had only one ability activated in 25 moves.

I'm just going with the optimize recommended team: mega aerodactyl, heatran, ninetails, and that ice dinosaur thing whose name escapes me.

Loptous

I noticed this happening in previous stages actually.
For instance I trained both Groudon / Domphan to level 10 against Ampharos and their skill (Quake) never activated once in that stage even when focusing on match-5s.
It actually surprised me when Groudon activated it in another stage.

Hegarol

Caught every new Pokemon. Now to MAX the new mega and some others with it. After that coin farming to get back to 50k for the next events.

Top Bottom