• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Doing a 4-Match with my lvl.2 Arceus did 139 damage. Activating Double Normal makes a 4-Match deal 348 damage. It has a decent activation rate.

EDIT:
Doing a 3-Match with my lvl.3 Arceus did 96 damage. Activating Double Normal makes a 3-Match deal 240 damage. I'm estimating the boost to be a 2.5x multiplier.

Chris1

Finally caught victini, got super catch power which brought my capture rate up to 56% and had to buy two great balls but at least that's over with now. Terrible way to do a stage, at least meowth has his slot in the main stages.

Do you get loads of experience on Victini if you fail? Without super-effective Pokémon this stage is actually quite tough. I took a very strong team of Pokémon into it that I wanted to level up and only just scraped through with a load of good combos.

At some point I'll definitely fail it, so I might start buying extra turns unless you still get bonus experience when you lose.

Chris1

Do you get loads of experience on Victini if you fail? Without super-effective Pokémon this stage is actually quite tough. I took a very strong team of Pokémon into it that I wanted to level up and only just scraped through with a load of good combos.

At some point I'll definitely fail it, so I might start buying extra turns unless you still get bonus experience when you lose.

Yeah but depends how much damage you do to it. Same as every other stage. If you only get it to half health, you'll get 50% xp and no crowned pokemon(double xp) for beating it. At least I think that's how it works because I didn't manage to beat it one weekend and still got quite a decent amount of XP.

If it's too hard to consistently beat ti then it's probably worth buying a moves +5 just incase. It's only 800 coins a week and I think it'd be worth it for the massive amounts of xp?

If it's too hard to consistently beat ti then it's probably worth buying a moves +5 just incase. It's only 800 coins a week and I think it'd be worth it for the massive amounts of xp?

With a super-effective Pokémon or two it's really simple to beat it. It's just that sometimes I don't want to waste a slot to level up a Pokémon that's super-effective against Victini, or I want to level something that's weak against it, and then the stage becomes a little complicated!

My team today was around 74/94/92/70 or something, and only just beat it with a turn to spare. That was with a five or six chain on most turns, which you definitely can't rely on!

I get worried about beating Victini too. Last week I failed, so I broughy Gengar and Heracross and Turn +5. Turns out that was overkill XD

Speaking of overkill, I gave in and chucked every item at Arceus. Didn't get a 1 Turn KO, but it was close : P

Hegarol

I always use +5 on victini. The 200 xp for the crown is worth the 800 coins. That way I can use any pokemon on Voctini and do not need to care about level or AP.

Speaking of overkill, I gave in and chucked every item at Arceus. Didn't get a 1 Turn KO, but it was close : P

I went all in with items at the second attempt on Arceus.

And I was getting tired of Salamence not getting caught, too.

Two more Pokémon caught. Now that leaves Mega Heracross... oh, and I also went and caught Swampert. Blaziken is still too hard... what's the catch rate addition per X second, again?

Doing a 4-Match with my lvl.2 Arceus did 139 damage. Activating Double Normal makes a 4-Match deal 348 damage. It has a decent activation rate.

EDIT:
Doing a 3-Match with my lvl.3 Arceus did 96 damage. Activating Double Normal makes a 3-Match deal 240 damage. I'm estimating the boost to be a 2.5x multiplier.

So it might not be completely useless but that still has massive problems.

Any combo not started with arceus is a complete waste massively limiting what you can do to actually deal damage
and
If his ability doesn't trigger it's also a huge waste.

I'm still not sold on arceus

LOLDSFAN

Got Arceus. Used Mega Start, Attack Power, and Disruption Delay. Then had to use a Great Ball.

Really glad I didn't have to throw 9000 down the drain for Comp-1.

-Horizon-

Got Arceus. Used Mega Start, Attack Power, and Disruption Delay. Then had to use a Great Ball.

Really glad I didn't have to throw 9000 down the drain for Comp-1.
I might have to use attack power. I tried it with just delay and I still could only get it down to less than half.

Hegarol

Lucario, sawk, throh, and mienshao(?)
levels 6-7

Not sure if that's the right name for the last one, I don't have the game on me right now to check.
Do you have Conkeldurr available? You should get it first, bring it to at least level 5 and try it again with AP and DD.

Junahu

So it might not be completely useless but that still has massive problems.

Any combo not started with arceus is a complete waste massively limiting what you can do to actually deal damage
and
If his ability doesn't trigger it's also a huge waste.

I'm still not sold on arceus
It's a pokemon intended for Competitive/Expert Stages against Ground/Fire/Water/Flying/Fairy/Poison/Electric pokemon. Those types don't have a combo boosting ability (Pyro, Sinister Power, Pummel,etc) that is super effective against them. If you can hold a combo, then an Arceus team would be superior here.

Elija2

Used Disruption Delay and Attack Power and was able to beat Arceus with 20 moves left, and I didn't even have to use a Great Ball to catch it. What a difference a few powerups make.

The Lucario contest is up (for the third time). 20 moves. Top 30,000 win in the US, and get two jewels if they already have the Mega Stone. One jewel for everyone else.

Who can get the lowest score on NeoGAF?

Used Disruption Delay and Attack Power and was able to beat Arceus with 20 moves left, and I didn't even have to use a Great Ball to catch it. What a difference a few powerups make.

Double attack is amazing, it's a shame it's not available in more stages really.

CassSept

Third time's the charm, maybe this time I won't forget to get into Top 15k like I did last time.

What mega to use next week if you don't have Blastoisinite? Gengar?

I got 827, which didn't quite put me last.

I managed 744. Was on course for under 500 but then right at the end counterattack triggered for 275 points in one turn. Fuck's sake!

Also I disproved the theory that moving a different token stops abilities triggering. It's the first match you make which can have its ability triggered, regardless of which token you move. Just if you make two matches together, the token you move counts first.

Chris1

Really glad they didn't lock a speedup behind the mega stone stage returns. Got a score of 4286, not the worst but I was too lazy to change up my team from farming meowth and had 2 super effective pokemon. Anyone that actually wants the stone should be able to beat me anyways.

Fire mega next week? awesome

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There's also a new Passcode for 1 Jewel: 20150917

Mega Blaziken is next week.
Cool, thanks for the code.

& FINALLY, a Mega Fire. Strange it's not Charizard, but I guess I can level up Blaziken another level or so over the week since he's Lv. 6 and there's nothing else to do.

SaintZ

MlWA77ysrP8Tl9SrMN

Trying to get the lowest score is harder than I thought.

Finally beat Aegislash without items. 0 moves left and 6% catch rate.

Zebstrika was easy. Using MGengar on a 3-Pokemon stage almost feels like cheating.

I use MGengar for almost everything now unless it's weak and sometimes even then. It's so quick to evolve that it's almost a free Mega Start, and even when it's not super-effective it doesn't matter because most of the time there isn't any of them on the grid.

Hegarol

I use MGengar for almost everything now unless it's weak and sometimes even then. It's so quick to evolve that it's almost a free Mega Start, and even when it's not super-effective it doesn't matter because most of the time there isn't any of them on the grid.
Same for me. I only use other Megas in disruption-heavy levels or in competition.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ahhh, thanks for bringing that up. I got a free jewel via passcode & might nab a New 3DS XL due to $100 trade-in credit at GS with my OG launch day 3DS. Would hate to have to start all over considering I've gotten every Pokemon, Mega Stone, & S-rank so far.

Ahhh, thanks for bringing that up. I got a free jewel via passcode & might nab a New 3DS XL due to $100 trade-in credit at GS with my OG launch day 3DS. Would hate to have to start all over considering I've gotten every Pokemon, Mega Stone, & S-rank so far.

You wouldn't lose all that stuff, it was only jewels that people weren't able to copy across.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, I wonder if I should just use my jewel now. I wanted to wait until after the competition so then I'd have 3 & get 10k coins. But it sounds like I should be fine.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think the highest I had was around 90k when we got the latest set of stages. Right now, at about 60k, but I haven't been grinding as much because fatigue & I want to play other stuff. And there's been nothing this week to do since it's all repeats.

Avalugg is so annoying. Once I get him to half HP he starts disrupting every turn and I slowly run out of moves to use (MMawile). Got really lucky and caught him with 0 moves left.

Avalugg also becomes very useful against Salamence.

CassSept

Avalugg uses disruptions when you don't get a combo going. Choose your moves carefully so that you get at least two matches and it's quite doable.

Top Bottom