• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Finally figure out Mega Heracross without items...

Hitting Streak

Like I mentioned earlier abilities that delay disruptions like Quake or Mind Zap and abilities that destroy disruptions like Eject and Stabilize don't trigger at their normal rate on this stage. But Hitting streak does for some reason.

Mega Aerodactyl/Blaziken/Salamence/Aurorus

You can trigger it nearly every move with that team. Try to create a combo with Aerodactyl when you can or clear out the lady bug. By the time turn 19 rolls around and he tosses that streak of consecutive disruptions, M Aero should be evolved and clear the board.

Thanks to -Horizon- and his ice dinosaur thing, Aurorus, for the idea.

Still haven't caught Jirachi yet. Guess I'm farming some more coins so I feel less guilty about tossing a Great Ball. If I get Super Catch though I'm going for it.

Thanks, that'll be useful.

Urgh, kinda kicking myself for not Great Balling A Rank Super Capture Salamence. The catch rate was so ridiculous I thought I could just cheese it with Poke Balls.

Dozens of attempts later (including some failed Super Captures), I just want to catch it already and move on >____<

-Horizon-

Hitting Streak

Like I mentioned earlier abilities that delay disruptions like Quake or Mind Zap and abilities that destroy disruptions like Eject and Stabilize don't trigger at their normal rate on this stage. But Hitting streak does for some reason.

Mega Aerodactyl/Blaziken/Salamence/Aurorus

You can trigger it nearly every move with that team. Try to create a combo with Aerodactyl when you can or clear out the lady bug. By the time turn 19 rolls around and he tosses that streak of consecutive disruptions, M Aero should be evolved and clear the board.

had no idea what the name of that thing was lol

glad it worked out, I still need to catch salamence then and hope it helps with that mega stage

I caved and used 2 Great Balls to catch Salamence.

I still have 80K coins, so I figured I'd spend the coins, rather than risk capping them XD

Tried a trial run of Mega Heracross with the Damage/Hitting Streak team, but only took off just over half health.

Hmm... I was probably unlucky, but I guess I oughta level up Salamence and Blaziken first.

Elija2

Using a Mega Start and getting lucky by having a Mega Aerodactyl combo on the very first move was the only way I could beat Mega Heracross.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oooooohhhhhhhh maaaaaaaaaaaan, Luvdisc. Suuuuuurrrreee gllaaaddd I caught that Pokemone toooddaaayyyy.

*throws into the pile of Pokemon that'll forever stay Level 1*

Sometimes I think this game keeps getting me playing simply because there's at least one thing to do every day for me. Almost always I'd want to stockpile coins... you never know when you need it!

Oh, and I love catching them all.

-Horizon-

I can't even beat the stage. Are you using MVenusaur, MBlastoise, or MGlalie?

Caught Jirachi at 31%, no Great Ball needed. Makes up for Luvdisc breaking out at 60%.

I use Mega Blastoise for excadrill. Can get it done with 5 or so moves remaining but I can't catch it. Of course.

I can't even beat the stage. Are you using MVenusaur, MBlastoise, or MGlalie?

Caught Jirachi at 31%, no Great Ball needed. Makes up for Luvdisc breaking out at 60%.

I just went with Glalie.

Funnily enough, since that post, I've caught everything but Zebstrika and Salamence when it comes to main stages. Now to fix them both...

Chris1

Will we get a new stage tonight or am I just getting my hopes up? :( Jirachi ends in 11 hours and I think when Pinsir ended last time we got a mega stone competition to replace it

I... love this game. But I'm stuck at Mega Glailie. So tough! He freezes the entire field in 3-4 rounds.

I wish this game had a bit better production values.. the 2D assets have crazy compression on them, looks like JPG compression. And there are no 3D effects. Shame, it's a ton of fun to play.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Distortion Delay + Attack Power Up should suffice, as I did it with 14 moves left....though I also have a maxed out Fighting team....& then used 2 great balls.

Edit: HOLY CRAP, ARCEUS HAS BASE ATTACK OF 90. That's 110 maxed out, easily the strongest in the game. Skill is "Double Normal", which "Increases damage done by any Normal types in a combo".

............wait, how often are Normal actually useful in this game.....?

JoeM86

FFS, I used Mega Start and Attack Power, but the disruptions decided to lock me so I could only use one column for a long time. Screwed me right out of it -_-

daydream

Banned
complexity -1 also does it if you have a low-level fighting team (like me)

better have some spare change for balls, though (unlike me)

complexity -1 also does it if you have a low-level fighting team (like me)

better have some spare change for balls, though (unlike me)

What's the base catch rate, and catch rate addition per turn?

Sometimes I believe it's all right to splurge every once in a while. Sometimes I'm not even sure what to do with over 65K of coins.

JoeM86

Mega Lucario is back next week

What's the base catch rate, and catch rate addition per turn?

Sometimes I believe it's all right to splurge every once in a while. Sometimes I'm not even sure what to do with over 65K of coins.

3% and 2% additional a turn

CassSept

Got 75% of him down on my first try with lv. 6 Ampharos, lv. 7 Lucario, lv. 4 Sawk and lv. 2 Gurdurr so it's certainly doable :p Once you get Mega Ampharos going it clears the board nicely of all types of disruptions so it leaves you quite a lot of space

Edit: Or not, on my second try I wanted to see how far I can get and used Mega Evolve and got him quite less down because of bad disruptions and Ampharos procs. Whyy.

Boba2007

Played Arceus twice, said "nope" and just went all in on items. No regrets.

Mega Lucario is back next week

Hopefully they don't add a mega speedup to this one. I really don't want to have to beat the Mega Lucario challenge a second time, seems unfair to those who already did it.

Loptous

Played Arceus twice, said "nope" and just went all in on items. No regrets.
Same.
Beat it in one turn using Mega Gengar.

Don't waste coins on Turn+5 if you guys want to do this.
You can also probably ignore Mega-Start / Disruption Delay if you want to save a few more coins.

Hegarol

Caught Arceus with DD and Attack. Used Gengar as Mega and got some nice combos going. Catched it with 30%. No great ball needed.

Distortion Delay + Attack Power Up should suffice, as I did it with 14 moves left....though I also have a maxed out Fighting team....& then used 2 great balls.

Edit: HOLY CRAP, ARCEUS HAS BASE ATTACK OF 90. That's 110 maxed out, easily the strongest in the game. Skill is "Double Normal", which "Increases damage done by any Normal types in a combo".

............wait, how often are Normal actually useful in this game.....?

Never, basically. Unless double normal literally doubles normal damage (And note the other damage increasing skills are nowhere near doubling last I checked, more like ~20% increases), it'll be better virtually all the time to use a super effective team instead.

LOLDSFAN

Wow an actual strong Normal type.

Of course got destroyed my first time lol. From the sounds of it I guess I'll have to use items lol.

Also failed at beating the daily too meh.

Now I have to think about who I should give the EXP to for tomorrow's Victini event...

Should I give the EXP to the team used for fighting Mega Heracross, or should I do that for the team used for Arceus?

Forget Arceus, I've already used about 20 hearts on Seviper and still haven't caught him despite almost always having over a 40% chance. That percentage can't be the only thing considered because some Pokémon seem to require a much larger percentage to catch.

Chris1

Never, basically. Unless double normal literally doubles normal damage (And note the other damage increasing skills are nowhere near doubling last I checked, more like ~20% increases), it'll be better virtually all the time to use a super effective team instead.

I think it means double, that would make normal pokemon effectively super effective to every type they aren't weak against, right?

With Arceus' 90 starting AP that just makes normal types even more powerful now

Forget Arceus, I've already used about 20 hearts on Seviper and still haven't caught him despite almost always having over a 40% chance. That percentage can't be the only thing considered because some Pokémon seem to require a much larger percentage to catch.

You're probably running into a string of random numbers higher than or equal to the percentage.

Or there's some weirdness going on and the catch rate is a lie. Like a reverse Fire Emblem.

I think it means double, that would make normal pokemon effectively super effective to every type they aren't weak against, right?

With Arceus' 90 starting AP that just makes normal types even more powerful now

Even if it is double, you could use a super effective power boost of another type and suddenly it becomes irrelevant again

Caught Arceus... can't catch Seviper.

I understand that it is theoretically possible to get tails 10 times out of 10 flips of a coin, but failing to catch Seviper 10 times out of 10 with a catch rate of 50% is supremely annoying. Been cutting back on my great ball usage, since I haven't really been playing enough to make coins, but it is highly tempting at this point.

*tries to catch Salamence*

*doesn't do it again after another five tries*

Maybe I'll just bother with trying to get a working team for Heracross and/or Arceus for now.

Top Bottom