• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

ZeroX03

Banned
Took me ages to catch Excadrill. Kept winning with only 2-3 turns left. Gave up, farmed Meowth for a bit and came in with a very easy Complexity -1 to take him with 22 or so turns remaining. Snagged Victini with an 8% chance afterward, that was a nice surprise.

Pumping up Blaziken in anticipation.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wish it was all at the same time. Or better yet, mix returning Pokemon with new Pokemon.

Also seems they'll rotate between the three, as once the 3rd legendary week is done, it'll happen once again for another 3 weeks.

-Horizon-

I wasted a darn jewel because I clicked through the "do you want to use a jewel to get +5 more turns" too fast -.-

And I still didn't even beat the stage with that lol
talking about the mega heracross stage by the way, had to use complexity and delay

Chris1

I wasted a darn jewel because I clicked through the "do you want to use a jewel to get +5 more turns" too fast -.-

And I still didn't even beat the stage with that lol
talking about the mega heracross stage by the way, had to use complexity and delay

I've lost 3 jewels to that :( two of them were on Meowth stage 37.

Chris1

But... the button is always in the same place!

When I'm grinding meowth for ages I just continuously tap my bottom screen to skip all the screens without really paying attention to what it says and occasionally tap at the wrong bit at the wrong time :(

It's my fault for not paying attention but meh, at least Jewels aren't really important, they're only worth a few k coins so it's not a big deal in the bigger picture it's just really annoying at the time.

Went Moves+5 and DD and S-Ranked Salamence, but still couldn't catch it. Eventually just waited for a Super Catch and threw a Great Ball at it.

-Horizon-

That stage is freaking hard. I didn't even try it itemless. Used everything to get the S rank. No need to catch so just finishing the stage is enough ;)
Yeah, I tried going at it with no items so many times and every time I could only get it down to a quarter health left. Stupid illumise screwing up combos.

I've lost 3 jewels to that :( two of them were on Meowth stage 37.
I seriously need to go through those pop up menus slower :/

Caved in and item'd out both Mega Heracross and Blaziken. At least I've finished the game again (with an S rank, to boot!) and caught Blaziken. This will come in handy soon.

Also attempted Moltres. Huh. Are these EX stages getting easier or is it just my skills getting better, along with my Pokémon?

Also attempted Moltres. Huh. Are these EX stages getting easier or is it just my skills getting better, along with my Pokémon?

If you've got as far as Mega Heracross, probably the latter two XD

Hmm, feels weird not needing to grind Meowth today. I guess I could splurge and try to S Rank something, then grind some more. Nah... I'll take a break today.

I went back to do Steelix and Aegislash and beat both without items with just an Optimized team. It's a combination of luck, a better eye for combos, and stronger Pokemon.

I wish abilities factored more though. It's the Pokemon equivalent of beating the game with an overleveled starter as opposed to using typing and status effects to win.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally got my internet back about an hour ago & did Sunday Meowth.

Also, wow, just realized. I've got 87,530 coins, then tomorrow another 500.......then when I get the 2 jewels from the Mega Lucario event, that'll let me get 10,000 coins since I saved the jewel from the passcode, putting me at about 98,000 coins tomorrow. Can't believe I almost reached the max, but I don't want that "9" at the end of my coin counter, so guess I better stop for now & wait for new stages to appear tomorrow.

Finally got my internet back about an hour ago & did Sunday Meowth.

Also, wow, just realized. I've got 87,530 coins, then tomorrow another 500.......then when I get the 2 jewels from the Mega Lucario event, that'll let me get 10,000 coins since I saved the jewel from the passcode, putting me at about 98,000 coins tomorrow. Can't believe I almost reached the max, but I don't want that "9" at the end of my coin counter, so guess I better stop for now & wait for new stages to appear tomorrow.

...Or just don't cash the jewels in yet?

There probably won't be new stages for at least two (probably three) more weeks anyway.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, if there's nothing really new this week, I'll wait on the jewels. Hell, maybe I'll wait until I get 6 for 22k coins if we get more repeat Mega competitions.

Gee. I wonder what bull Mega Blaziken is going to pull.

EDIT:
Why is there so much new stuff?

EDIT:
Wobbuffet has a 1 coin reward and a terrible catch rate...

I had to kick Tyranitar to the curb, looks too much like Ninetails.

Ehhh ..ES battle not sure how I feel about that, is my memory of Giratina fuzzy enough to attempt 100 again. Probably not.

Robin64

The Wobbuffet text is all "Try out items for free on this stage!" and yet the only one I see is Mega Start. Amused me.

Edit: Ah, from Serebii. "items will be added each Monday. Today is Mega Start, on July 27 Disruption Delay is added, on August 3rd Attack Power Up is added and on August 10th, Complexity -1 is added"

CassSept

Sounds about right for a Wobbuffet.

At least the stage doesn't disappear after a single attempt like Victini.

Well, true, that's a relief. His ability is Counterattack so yeah, this stage is true to Wobbuffet.

Cresselia is pretty sweet. Base 80 and Barrier Bash+, nice.

Got a super catch on my second Wobuffet and he broke out and ran away immediately. Tabling him until I'm done with everything else.

Got a 4% catch on Cress, which feels like a complete waste of luck.

Interesting to see an all normal team in the top 5 of the competition right now.

RiggyRob

Got a super catch on my second Wobuffet and he broke out and ran away immediately. Tabling him until I'm done with everything else.

Got a 4% catch on Cress, which feels like a complete waste of luck.

Surely you'd be better off waiting until all of the items are added so you can blow them all on Wobbuffet.

Also, Cresselia's catch rate increases by 1% every time you complete it, so if you wanted to use a Great Ball on that too wait until you've completed it 50 times.

Surely you'd be better off waiting until all of the items are added so you can blow them all on Wobbuffet.

Also, Cresselia's catch rate increases by 1% every time you complete it, so if you wanted to use a Great Ball on that too wait until you've completed it 50 times.

Using a Great Ball on Cress is stupid. The odds you don't catch it naturally by level 50 are incredibly low, which is why I'm upset that I caught it at level 4. It feels like a complete waste of a lucky catch (even though percentages do not work that way and there is no such thing as luck).

Also I beat Wob in 3 moves already. The items will give me 2% at best.

Chris1

I'm guessing it's Arceus + anyone who has Brute Force (increased damage when it's not super effective)?

Gengar, Arceus, Lickilicky & Blissey

Blissey would probably be better replaced with Snorlax as it has bruteforce & power of 5 isn't that great

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, ranked 191 on Mega Blaziken, though PROBABLY will try again but with Mega Gengar seeing as that seems to be the top Pokemon to use.

WTF at the Wobbuffet stage.

Chris1

Just caught Cresselia on stage 2. I guess that makes up for the 20 or so hearts I wasted on Wobbuffet even though i'd of eventually caught it anyways

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What's more annoying is the fact that TWICE I got Super Catch Rate & bumped it up to 33%-40% but didn't work.

......but then as I was typing this, caught him via Great Ball at 16%...& only 60 attack.

Welp, time to focus on Cresselia. Wonder how long until I'll be forced to use items.

FYI this week's rotation of Daily Pokemon gives you 200 coins for beating it (even if you've already caught it). No idea if last week's group did the same.

Used Aerodactyl in my first Blaziken run and immediately went with Gengar the next time. Will likely go all out on the last day with items.

Wob is dumb but the 1 coin reward is hilarious.

Chris1

Apparently Cresselia gives another mega speedup at stage 200, coins appear on stages 35, 55, 75, 95, 120, 140, 160, and 180.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, 15 levels & still haven't caught Cresselia. Doesn't help it seems on Escalation Battles, Super Catch Rate won't apply (it happened twice on Wobbuffet, so I know it still applies for some Special stages).

I just hope Cresselia will be worth leveling up. Wobbuffet only being base 60 kind of sucks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally, caught at Level 16. Base attack 80 AND Barrier Bash+? Well, I'll certainly have to use this one on Victini & grinding for coins on Meowth.

Maybe I'll give Mega Blaziken another attempt later with the free items I've gotten/will get. I'm still ranked 340 out of 36k+ & have a score of 44,866, but might try again in a few days just to be safe.

I'm guessing it's Arceus + anyone who has Brute Force (increased damage when it's not super effective)?

I would think the other skills don't matter. You want arceus' to trigger and that then blocks the other skills from activating, doesn't it? So highest attack normies would be the answer.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Made it to level 42 on Cresselia. Level 40 is when the bottom half of the board is checkered-covered in ice blocks & will swap some Pokemon out for Cresselia icons......but considering the ability is REMOVING distortions like ice blocks, and THREE AT ONCE, it's actually a bit helpful.

Haven't lost yet, but it certain is getting closer to needing some items.

Top Bottom