• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Starting to wonder if I should switch out Mega Gengar for Mega Banette. Might be helpful considering how the stages are getting much harder/annoying starting at 40+.

*tries out theory at Level 44* Hmmm, KIND OF worked. Problem is I want to keep Yveltal since he's maxed out at attack 100 along with Giratina (lv. 7) & Gengar (MAX), but then I can't use Genesect (Lv. 8). Might have to start using Mega Starts.

Chris1

Starting to wonder if I should switch out Mega Gengar for Mega Banette. Might be helpful considering how the stages are getting much harder/annoying starting at 40+.

*tries out theory at Level 44* Hmmm, KIND OF worked. Problem is I want to keep Yveltal since he's maxed out at attack 100 along with Giratina (lv. 7) & Gengar (MAX), but then I can't use Genesect (Lv. 8). Might have to start using Mega Starts.

I just took Gengar(MAX), Cresselia(1), Genesect(9) & Giratina(8) to stage 40 and beat it with no problems. Cresselia's ability helps clear the ice blocks even if it's not effective and can help keep combos going when it does its disruption & swaps your pokemon

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmm, I'll give that a try when I get the chance. Should level them up as well.

I will say, it feels easier compared to the last Escalation Battle so far. But I fear what stage 50 will look like....

Hegarol

Hmmm, I'll give that a try when I get the chance. Should level them up as well.

I will say, it feels easier compared to the last Escalation Battle so far. But I fear what stage 50 will look like....
Actually every report indicates that lvl 100 cress is comparable to lvl 50 giratina. I am at 52 and haven't used any items yet. Getting at least 2 mega speedup should be doable without a lot of coins. Going for the last and lvl200 is another thing though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, using Cresselia is rather helpful, now at 47. Funny how both Escalation Battles so far have had Pokemon where once you caught them were considered helpful on their own stage.

& guessing that explains why there's one more reward at lv 200 if things are easier this time around.

Hegarol

Yup, using Cresselia is rather helpful, now at 47. Funny how both Escalation Battles so far have had Pokemon where once you caught them were considered helpful on their own stage.

& guessing that explains why there's one more reward at lv 200 if things are easier this time around.
Yeah its good pre-50, but you should not use it for 50 and further. The pattern changes.

LOLDSFAN

Still haven't gotten Wobbuffet; I hope I catch him on an even number of coins.

I spent too much time trying to catch Wobbuffet lol. After dozens of failed single digit catch rates and two failed super catch rates, I finally catch him on my third super catch rate at 53%.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, lv. 64 changes things up in that iron blocks will appear now instead of more ice....but it's just 4 in the corner, so it's not too bad NOW.

At the very least, after 50, things have gotten easy again. Not sure how long it'll last though...

Hegarol

Bah, lv. 64 changes things up in that iron blocks will appear now instead of more ice....but it's just 4 in the corner, so it's not too bad NOW.

At the very least, after 50, things have gotten easy again. Not sure how long it'll last though...
The disruption is actually random. I had iron blocks before lvl 64. It can spawn ice or iron blocks.

RiggyRob

I can't beat stage 50 at all without items. Is there a trick to this stage or something? I've wasted like 10 hearts.

I've gotten close just by brute forcing it (my team is Mega Banette, Giratina, Chandelure and Spiritomb) but I gave up and used Attack Power Up just to get it out of the way, the stage(s) after it are easier.

Chris1

I've gotten close just by brute forcing it (my team is Mega Banette, Giratina, Chandelure and Spiritomb) but I gave up and used Attack Power Up just to get it out of the way, the stage(s) after it are easier.

Ah, thanks. I'll use items aswell and get it over with then.

Stage 37? Only 130 for me, I'm never able to match 4 coins :(

Yeah. Sounds like something is wrong; after a while, you should be able to match 4 coins fairly consistently.

Make sure to bring a reliable team. I use a neutral team with high attack power.

Not sure how other people do the stage, but I focus on the right side, with the 2 coins to the far right. I usually clear out the rows or columns so the 2 coins get nearer to each other, then try to move the bottom-left coin to that column.

Around that time, the 4th coin should spawn.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What're your levels? That'll play a role as to how easy/hard these stages are. All my Pokemon are above attack 90. Heck, one's attack 100 because his level's MAX.

Fewr

Yeah. Sounds like something is wrong; after a while, you should be able to match 4 coins fairly consistently.

Make sure to bring a reliable team. I use a neutral team with high attack power.

Not sure how other people do the stage, but I focus on the right side, with the 2 coins to the far right. I usually clear out the rows or columns so the 2 coins get nearer to each other, then try to move the bottom-left coin to that column.

Around that time, the 4th coin should spawn.
That, and I recommend having a pokemon in the team like volbeat or genesect, I can't remember the name of the ability, but it helps a lot doing a match of 4 once I've got the 4x coin match.

Chris1

That, and I recommend having a pokemon in the team like volbeat or genesect, I can't remember the name of the ability, but it helps a lot doing a match of 4 once I've got the 4x coin match.

Last ditch effort is better imo, that way you won't accidentally trigger it on your first move or something and end up killing Meowth before you match your coins. I use conkeldurr

Hegarol

For Meowth farming I use one ghost, one fighting (last-ditch is good but not a necessity) and two others.
You should always go for five coins though. That will give you the best output in the long run.

Don't bring anything that removes/delays disruptions. Sometimes I use the same team I was using previously on Meowth only to realize I brought Mewtwo (Swap) Blastoise (Stabilize), or Groudon (Quake) which totally messes everything up.

Hegarol

Finally did my Blaziken run with all items and got a score of 44533. Currently placed 432, so that should get me the Blazikenite and the Mega speedup.

For Meowth farming I use one ghost, one fighting (last-ditch is good but not a necessity) and two others.
You should always go for five coins though. That will give you the best output in the long run.

Yeah the first 3 moves should be moving the bottom-left coin to the right column so that's adjacent to one of the two other coins and moving the top coin down if possible by eliminating a row in the right column. The next 3 should be moving the coin that appears with 5 turns left adjacent to the other coin so that the right column has 2 sets of 2 coins with one space between, while still doing enough damage so that you can finish the job on the last turn. If all goes well, you'll be able to make the 5 coin match on the second to last turn and then kill on the final turn. If you find that things aren't going well about halfway through, then change strategies to get a 4 match ASAP instead. This strategy works most of the time for me, though I'll occasionally fail to kill Meowth or kill too early if I get some pretty bad luck.

Edit: I just got 44612 for a rank of 707. Hopefully it sticks.

Second Edit: I wonder if it's better to go ahead and try to get Genesect now so that I can go a bit further in the Cresellia stages, but I'd have to power level Genesect to make it useful over my fully maxed team of Gengar, Yveltal, Giratina, and Scyther.

Hegarol

ratcliffja said:
Second Edit: I wonder if it's better to go ahead and try to get Genesect now so that I can go a bit further in the Cresellia stages, but I'd have to power level Genesect to make it useful over my fully maxed team of Gengar, Yveltal, Giratina, and Scyther.
Go get it. Even lvl5 genesect is way better than any other mon available. The damage from Crowd control ist just insane. Same goes for heracross.

After level 50 Absol's Mind Zap pretty much prevents any disruptions from happening with Cresellia's count down set to 6

Just throw Heracross in there instead of Scyther if you want Crowd Control.

LOLDSFAN

I've yet to get Genesect even with a maxed out team which is why I'm glad we have a fire type as the next mega stone.

Meier

Anyone else get Manectite mega stone from the competition but not actually get to use the Pokemon? I've never even "seen" it according to the my List. :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, finally at level 95. Looks like I'll hit 100 tomorrow morning. Haven't had to use a single item & only had about one or two times where I didn't clear it.

-Horizon-

Ugh, can't seem to get above 12,000 on the mega blaziken stage. Using Mega Gengar (9), Kyogre (7), Groudon (7), and Tyranitar (4) with no items :/

Already out of the top 20,000 of course lol

Anyone else get Manectite mega stone from the competition but not actually get to use the Pokemon? I've never even "seen" it according to the my List. :(

Did you not get a Manectric from the last safari event?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*tries stage 96*

......well crap, might be time to start using items, though I think +5 moves should suffice.

Least I'm still in the top 1,000 for Mega Blaziken.

I was not prepared for level 100.

EDIT:
Starts off with barriers on the 2nd and 5th columns, Solosis is the 5th Pokemon, and barrier disruptions every turn.

I guess the level 50 difficulty spike is a thing again, no?

I'm kind of running low on coins now, but I guess that's what happens when you had too much of them. Now you're using them.

Hegarol

I guess the level 50 difficulty spike is a thing again, no?

I'm kind of running low on coins now, but I guess that's what happens when you had too much of them. Now you're using them.
You may need coins for 50, you certainly need some for 100, but between that you should be good. Didn't spend a single coin except for 100.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, Level 100 taken care of. The TWO times I used +5 moves on previous levels, I didn't really need to use them. Though on 100, had to use -1 Complexity, Attack Power Up, and Distortion Delay.

101 wasn't toooo bad, but I could see it getting more annoying. I have no idea if I want to bother with getting to 200, but it's the only thing TO do right now until waiting for next week. Is there a reward for at least 150?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, guess I'll stop then. Got 2 Mega Speedups, so I'm content. Just gotta figure out who to use them on now. Maybe Banette again since I already gave him one & he's the Pokemon I use for Sunday Meowth.

I stopped at level 20 after catching it. I'm asking myself whether or not a Mega Speedup will ever be the difference between an A-rank and an S-rank and I'm not coming up with a "yes" so I really don't see the point in wasting the time.

Ten Mega Speedups would be a massive help, but there's no way I'm going to do all the crap they're trying to get people to do to earn them!

Fewr

Do you think mega speedups will eventually be sold for real money?
What would be a fair price for 1, 3 and say 5 in a pack?

I wouldn't mind paying Jewels for Mega Speedups.

At level 25 and not running into any trouble yet, but not sure if I want to go past 50. I still need to grind some more coins for a MBlaziken run (Ninetales looks similar to Tyranitar, but C-1 will make it irrelevant).

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Eh, got 18k on my first run without spending any items on Mega Blaziken.

Bring on the next one!

Now to bash my head against Cresselia for some meager Speedups, haha.

Chris1

I stopped at level 20 after catching it. I'm asking myself whether or not a Mega Speedup will ever be the difference between an A-rank and an S-rank and I'm not coming up with a "yes" so I really don't see the point in wasting the time.

Ten Mega Speedups would be a massive help, but there's no way I'm going to do all the crap they're trying to get people to do to earn them!
It's usefulness is limited to certain situations but like I've always said, if they're not too hard to get then I think they're worth having simply because they're permanent and they can be useful but of course in the end whether they're worth going for really just depends where your game is at.

I'm at 5 now with another to get from Blaziken competition next week hopefully, not too bad considering I didn't get the stage 100 Giratina one or the stage 200 Cresselia. 6 Mega speedups are going to come in handy at least for Meowth weekend and none of them were particularly hard to get. It'll get me a few hundred more coins at least on Meowth weekend, maybe save me a few hundred every now and then when S ranking and give me a slightly higher score in some competitions, to me that's worth going for the easier ones.

With speed ups I think you just need to look at the bigger picture, one or two isn't going to help much if at all but if you start piling them up eventually you've got 10 or 20 and then they become a lot more useful.

Ugh, Kyogre. Trying to brute-force it and I've come close, but Ampharos/Manectric evolve too late when most of the board is already iced. Even tried Cresselia.

Zeeman

I have all the Expert Pokemon up to Heatram, but Blaziken is a huge pain in the ass. Any suggestions other than "get good"?

Top Bottom