• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Chris1

Ugh, Kyogre. Trying to brute-force it and I've come close, but Ampharos/Manectric evolve too late when most of the board is already iced. Even tried Cresselia.

I beat it easy with M manectric, Ampharos, Sceptile and Raikou. Could probably even swap ampharos for dedenne to get M manectric quicker to make it easier.

Dunno, I never had a problem with Kyogre last time it was available either when a lot of others did.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
How do we beat Milotic.

I've been stuck on this mofo forever ;.;

What's your team and how did you beat it?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Use Feebas and optimize the rest.

Thank you so much, I really didn't think this through.

I always clicked optimized, but I did what you said, added Feebas and boom was able to defeat it!

Many thanks!

SaintRidley

Neo Member
What's the best strategy for Tyranitar?

Do you want to S-Rank too? I'd say try moves, mega start, DD and try a Mega Mawile, Dialga, Groudon, Kyogre. If you've already beaten it before, Aegislash might be good in there too.

And hello there GAF people, I just got my approval today, so greetings!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Heh, that'll replace the free Mega Start (via escalation battle) I used on Meowth today.

Hoping for more Pokemon this week considering I'm back up to 91k coins.

How the hell is that Gengar/Arceus/Snorlax/Lickilicky team suupposed to work in the contest? I just tried it out of curiosity and got 6,300 points. Obviously I didn't use any items but that's a long fucking way away from the 90,000 that the top place guy has with that team.

I don't get it.

RiggyRob

How the hell is that Gengar/Arceus/Snorlax/Lickilicky team suupposed to work in the contest? I just tried it out of curiosity and got 6,300 points. Obviously I didn't use any items but that's a long fucking way away from the 90,000 that the top place guy has with that team.

I don't get it.

You absolutely have to trigger Arceus's Double Normal and keep it going, otherwise it's useless.

LOLDSFAN

So I've gotten all the way up to level 99 with Cresselia. I want to stop at 100 though just to get that last speedup (200 is too much work). I feel like I'll have to use all the items I got for free just to take it down one last time. D:

RiggyRob

So I've gotten all the way up to level 99 with Cresselia. I want to stop at 100 though just to get that last speedup (200 is too much work). I feel like I'll have to use all the items I got for free just to take it down one last time. D:

I'm going to see how far I can go considering there's a whole week left until it ends (currently at 112).

I'm at 475 for Mega Blaziken so that's safe, and I don't think there's going to be a massive amount of timed/one-off stages updated for the next week, so I might as well keep on keeping on.

SaintRidley

Neo Member
Just over 7 hours to go and rank 3120. Debating doing another run or two to improve my score, but uncertain. I don't think I'll drop the 2880 places needed to miss out in the remaining time, but I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Chris1

Just over 7 hours to go and rank 3120. Debating doing another run or two to improve my score, but uncertain. I don't think I'll drop the 2880 places needed to miss out in the remaining time, but I'll have to keep an eye on it.
I'd say you're safe tbh. At worst you might drop 1k or so ranks but even that's probably pushing it, I can't see you dropping almost 3k.

LOLDSFAN

Ah man. I threw all my items at Mega Blaziken and only ended up ~6,500.

So much for that Mega Speed up. :<

All the top people used that Normal team, but I didn't. I hope that wasn't my downfall.

SalvaPot

Ah man. I threw all my items at Mega Blaziken and only ended up ~6,500.

So much for that Mega Speed up. :<

All the top people used that Normal team, but I didn't. I hope that wasn't my downfall.

I used a supereffective team with all items on and got 400th place, so I don´t think its that much of a difference.

Woke up at 5:50am to make sure I got the Blazikenite and had dropped to 23,000th so had to put in a new score pretty quick! Made it to 17,000th with six minutes or so left to go so I assume I'm good. Find out in a quarter of an hour I guess.

I'm going to see how far I can go considering there's a whole week left until it ends (currently at 112).

How long do you reckon that's going to take, out of interest? At say 3/4 minutes per battle then adding a few failures you're looking at over five hours, plus the time you have to spend grinding coins (assuming you haven't bought them) to get the items you need, you're looking at an insane amount of time to get that one Mega Speedup! And it's not even fun with all those disruptions, it's just punishment.

I'm pretty glad I'm half-over this addiction. I still feel the need to catch them all (and get all the Megas) but beyond that I've put enough hours into this already. I've caught and S-ranked everything available in around 80 hours or so, I think, and that's already a scary amount.

I'm on Lvl 152 and I told myself as soon as I begin losing more than I win I'm done. There's what a week left so I only need 6-8 victories a day, right now it seems pretty manageable. They really should have given out another MSU at 150 though ... or some kind of reward.

SaintRidley

Neo Member
Blaziken's ability seems to require planning and strategizing to use effectively. Going to give it a few tries and see what I think. Might be best in a team with just one other fire type, to better control the effect.

octopiggy

New passcode: 07072405 for a free Mega Start.

Wobuffet's stage now has a Disruption Delay as well as last weeks Mega Start.

People who didn't get the prizes they were owed this morning should be able to get the tomorrow apparently.

RiggyRob

How long do you reckon that's going to take, out of interest? At say 3/4 minutes per battle then adding a few failures you're looking at over five hours, plus the time you have to spend grinding coins (assuming you haven't bought them) to get the items you need, you're looking at an insane amount of time to get that one Mega Speedup! And it's not even fun with all those disruptions, it's just punishment.

I'm pretty glad I'm half-over this addiction. I still feel the need to catch them all (and get all the Megas) but beyond that I've put enough hours into this already. I've caught and S-ranked everything available in around 80 hours or so, I think, and that's already a scary amount.

No idea, but I've only had to buy Attack Power Up for Level 50 and a few Moves+5 here and there, you get coins for certain stages (dunno if it would be more if you just grinded Meowth instead), and the team I've got works pretty well for Cresselia. Besides, S ranking the main stages isn't timed, and Wobbuffet is still around for another two weeks, so there really isn't all that much to do except Cresselia.

Plus, the Mega Speedups do make a difference once you've stockpiled them, Mega Banette evolves significantly faster now I've given it 5 out of a possible 8.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmm, I think I'll test Mega Blaziken out with two other Fire types. The way it's worded, it seems like he clears ALL the Fire type on the board.

Also bleh, nothing new this week. Got my stone & candy, but no new Pokemon....& I'm already almost at 94k coins.

Edit: So Mega Blaziken's ability is weird. See, it doesn't remove 3 random pokemon, it REPLACES them with Mega Blaziken. So I guess the idea is to let them build up, then it'll keep making more & therefore keep making matches? In a similar fashion to Mega Slowbro or Heracross?

Ranked 49th in PAL land and got my two items.

Kinda sad there aren't any new stages though or new Pokemon. I guess I can continue with Cresselia uninterrupted...

Placed #4647.

Wobbuffet got a lot harder. Beat him with 0 moves left and of course I couldn't catch him.

I think I'll try for level 100 on Cresselia since there isn't much else to do.

LOLDSFAN

Wow Mega Blaziken really helps with Genesect.

That or maybe the inclusion of Tyranitar and Salamence has helped too.

Anyway I was pretty close at beating him without items this time. Before I wasn't even close with ALL the items. So I'm thinking I'll just build up my coins this week or so and give it another go with items.

Oh and yeah that's why I made sure to catch Wobbuffet early so I wouldn't have to worry about him again down the line. :p

Elija2

I was going to wait until all the items were available, I didn't realise they'd make it harder every week. It'll probably have 100,000HP by the time complexity-1 is available.

Yeah, and the catch rate is ridiculous. If they're gonna scale the difficulty level like that, at least make the catch rate reasonable.

Stupid me, I chucked a bunch of items to complete Cresselia Level 100, then posted a celebration image on Miiverse and closed the game before saving >___<

Well, I managed to do it again, but it sucks I used up twice the coins I intended.

octopiggy

I pushed for level 100 Cresselia too since there was nothing else to do. I'm glad I did. It was all very simple apart from level 100 itself.

Top Bottom