• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

RiggyRob

I've reached level 150 on Cresselia and it has gotten more difficult, to the point where I'm having to buy either a Disruption Delay or Mega Start to comfortably beat the level, but I could probably brute force it without items if I kept trying.

Either way, 50 stages in 5 days should be doable even accounting for having to grind for coins.

My new game in this so I don't get bored is to see how quickly I can beat five rounds of Meowth without fucking up too badly. Managed 330, 330, 330, 530, 330 this morning in 5m20s, which is going to be very hard to beat.

Over level 90 with Cresselia now. The ice is starting to get a bit annoying but the fact it doesn't follow up the initial freeze with anything more substantial makes the levels still doable. Giratina's Ability just does so much damage.

Wobbuffet was a slog. Beat it consistently with 5-7 turns left but never could catch it. Finally got a Super Catch at 64% and nabbed it, just when my coins ended in 5. Booyah.

Ondore

So there was supposed to be an offer where you claim 6 Jewels if you buy 6 or more at once. Anyone know how that's supposed to work?

RiggyRob

Looks like I've hit the wall on Cresselia - level 160 adds Solosis again with even more disruptions. I think you'd need Complexity-1 each time to even come close to finishing it now, Disruption Delay, Mega Start and Attack Power Up don't do enough on their own.

Hegarol

So there was supposed to be an offer where you claim 6 Jewels if you buy 6 or more at once. Anyone know how that's supposed to work?
You buy at least 6 jewels between now and August 17th and the week after that, if you check in, you will receive your free jewels.

Beat level 100 with Moves+5, DD, and Attack Power. Finished with 5 moves left but wanted to be sure.

Groudon is up; relatively easy 700 coins if you beat him once.

We should get a competition next week, no?

Chris1

I can't justify buying the jewels even if it's a good deal. If I'm going to buy any microtransaction, I'd want it to be something that helps ease off the F2P-ness of the game, like say increasing the recharge hearts limit to 10+ or something I would buy that, but to buy the same thing that's working against me and consumable I just can't support that practice even if they do deserve some money after all the hours I've put into it.

stolin

I can't justify buying the jewels even if it's a good deal. If I'm going to buy any microtransaction, I'd want it to be something that helps ease off the F2P-ness of the game, like say increasing the recharge hearts limit to 10+ or something I would buy that, but to buy the same thing that's working against me and consumable I just can't support that practice even if they do deserve some money after all the hours I've put into it.

Yup, I agree with this. I'd pay to remove or reduce heart recharge time to 10-15 mins or so. I'd rather just be playing the game when I have a longer play time session going. I'd pay for that.. until then. Meowth coins..

Hegarol

Yup, I agree with this. I'd pay to remove or reduce heart recharge time to 10-15 mins or so. I'd rather just be playing the game when I have a longer play time session going. I'd pay for that.. until then. Meowth coins..
Same for me actually. But 5€ isn't a big deal and I haven't spent a single cent on the game yet. Apart from the F2P it really is a good game worth paying for. Fine with me :)

I hope when 10 hearts will be made available, that I can pay with the jewels. I have everything maxxed so I don't really need them right now.

LOLDSFAN

I FINALY GOT GENESECT!!!

Thank goodness, the nightmare of multiple wasted attempts and coins is dead.

The team for people who might be struggling right now:

Blaziken
Heatran
Tyranitar
Salamence

I'm fine with the timers.

I've put in 83 hours but since that's over the course of six months it's not really that bad. Without timers there'd be people putting 83 hours into it in a week and that's just an insane way to spend time. I mean, Shuffle is great, but there are much better games to spend time on. I'm totally okay with having ten minutes a day at this point, I've S-ranked everything and there's not enough content to really require me to play any more than that each day. Even when they add new stages it doesn't take much longer than that to S-rank them all over the course of a week.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That feeling when you realize you forgot to get the EXP item when facing against Victini. Uuuuggghhh.

Kind of starting to run out of Pokemon to really level up.

Hegarol

any tips for mega heracross? i'm slowly but surely catching up with s-ranks but i haven't even beaten this stage, yet
For S-ranking it you should go all-in with items. Everything else is too risky and you may end up needing even more coins than that.
Since there is no catching needed you can do this in one run.

Without any new stages, it's getting kind of slow here. I suppose people are just grinding Meowth and Ampharos/Buneary or trying to get to level 200 on Cresselia.

daydream

Banned
For S-ranking it you should go all-in with items. Everything else is too risky and you may end up needing even more coins than that.
Since there is no catching needed you can do this in one run.

i was afraid you would say that

guess i need to save up the coins first (although i'm always afraid to spend them in light of potential new competitions which would require item usage)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Without any new stages, it's getting kind of slow here. I suppose people are just grinding Meowth and Ampharos/Buneary or trying to get to level 200 on Cresselia.
Pretty much, & I've got well over 90k coins, so there's really not much for me to do. Hell, might try to spend some coins so I don't risk hitting the cap tomorrow when dealing with Sunday Meowth.

I hit lv. 100 for Cresselia & I'm content with that.

Pretty much, & I've got well over 90k coins, so there's really not much for me to do. Hell, might try to spend some coins so I don't risk hitting the cap tomorrow when dealing with Sunday Meowth.

I hit lv. 100 for Cresselia & I'm content with that.

If you don't want a weird number, it's not a problem while Wobuffet is around, is it?
You can hit the cap and then later on, get spend some coins, do wobuffet once and then boom, the 9 at the end is gone.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ah, good point. Though I wouldn't want to earn more than I'm allowed to keep. I'll probably just use a few EXP 1.5s on some Level 5s & 6s, maybe some 7s as well if I've got nothing else.

Playing around with an all-Fire M-Blaziken team and it's kind of fun. The Mega effect is totally random but clearing the whole board is quite satisfying when it does happen. Even took that team to Victini for more EXP.

Blaziken
Heatran
Ninetales
Moltres

stolin

Playing around with an all-Fire M-Blaziken team and it's kind of fun. The Mega effect is totally random but clearing the whole board is quite satisfying when it does happen. Even took that team to Victini for more EXP.

Blaziken
Heatran
Ninetales
Moltres

I was testing the same thing and had better results with swapping in a Pyre skill with Delphox or Combusken (both!). Leading with Pyre, into the M-Blaziken is like setting off a nuke.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe I'll do some more leveling with a fire team after hearing how well Mega Blaziken can be if teamed up correctly.

Pokemaniac

Holy crap!

When I played Victini today, with my Blaziken that had yet to get any experience, Blaziken went straight to level 5. Of course, it got the crown and I used an experience+, but that's still a pretty big leap.

Hegarol

With Sunday meowth I will be between 95-99k coins.

I am prepared for Monday. Japanese site says new stages, new safari and new competition but its unclear if all things hit on monday or these are the updates through august.

With Sunday meowth I will be between 95-99k coins.

I am prepared for Monday. Japanese site says new stages, new safari and new competition but its unclear if all things hit on monday or these are the updates through august.

If the site says them, I'd expect them all Monday. That is normally how this has gone.

daydream

Banned
dropped the coins on mega heracross, guy could come in handy for chesnaught

did the wobbuffet stage always disappear over the weekend?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think it's gone over the weekend, then returns the following Monday with another item you're allowed to use against him for free.

Chris1

Yeah all of those are probably coming tomorrow, I think I read somewhere that Mega Banette would be the next competition but I don't know if that was just speculation or what.

dropped the coins on mega heracross, guy could come in handy for chesnaught

did the wobbuffet stage always disappear over the weekend?

Yep, it will be back tomorrow.

CassSept

Safari and Pignite, no competition, no new stages.

Edit: I got Staryu in the Safari, the stage includes wood blocks and coins

Growlie19

Gible and Furfrou in the safari so far. Furfrou is 60 power with Quirky+.

Edit: Garchomp, too! Guess Gabite is around here, too. Garchomp has 80 power (!!) with Dragon Talon!

LOLDSFAN

Got Furfrou and Starmie with great balls. Was unable to get one of the dragons though. Forgot which one it was.

*Edit*

And just got Staryu. So now I'll keep Grass and Water with me to get the three Ground guys.

SaintRidley

Neo Member
About time we get a mega-capable ground type, and an 80 power one.

No new main stages, but I'll be busy with the safari so I'm not too bothered at the moment.

Top Bottom