• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

well they're 3-pokemon stages, soooooo I guess but also not really. but then again doesnt the type of team you put together effect the specific encounter odds?

SaintRidley

Neo Member
There's nothing to really support that the team composition has anything to do with what shows up in the safari.Just anecdote and supersition.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, Pignite's only base attack 60. But I guess I keep forgetting for someone who started later than people like me, it might be useful to them.

Alright, so what's the best type to take into the Safari this time? I heard Staryu, who's water, so Grass? Though damn, SEVEN this time around?!

Edit: So 3 Water, 3 Ground, & 1 Normal.

Edit 2: Guess for now on, I'll start recording base attacks & abilities for new Pokemon.

Furfrou: Normal, 60 (Quirky+)
Staryu: Water, 50 (Prank)
Gible: Ground, 50 (Mega Boost)
Gabite: Ground, 60 (Block Smash)

....ugh, this Safari is going to be a pain, catch rates are rather low & I have to hope for Super Catch Rate....

Machine

I've been doing well with my safari team so far: Mega Gengar (for obvious reasons); Genesect (crowd control); and Xerneas (quirky+). If one or two end up giving me trouble, I can rebuild but this I've hammered everything I've encountered up to this point. Abilities seem to matter more than using super-effective attacks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh thank goodness, Gabite caught on first attempt with 25%....but only attack base 60 & Block Smash.

3 more to go....Only seen Starmie once, haven't seen the other 2 I need.

Edit: Just for the heck of it, what's the lowest attack base that people will decide to level a Pokemon up? I've pretty much ignored all Pokemon attack base 60 or lower. I try to focus on 70 if I need a certain type of team &/or their ability is worth it or 80+.

stolin

Edit: Just for the heck of it, what's the lowest attack base that people will decide to level a Pokemon up? I've pretty much ignored all Pokemon attack base 60 or lower. I try to focus on 70 if I need a certain type of team &/or their ability is worth it or 80+.

Similar, I'm only really focusing on 70+ BP now. There's enough coverage across all the types. For 60BP, it's all based on a complementary skill that will help.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally got Starmie again & captured this time via Great Ball. 70 base attack & Power of 5. Probably would help to have another strong Water type.

Just 2 more, I think. There should be one more water & another ground type, right?

daydream

Banned
caught Furfrou, Staryu, Starmie, Gible and Garchomp so far. the catch rates are pretty forgiving considering how easy it is to finish the stages quickly.

so, only Phione and Gabite left. the latter I haven't even seen, yet.

oh, also nice of them to put some coins into Staryu's stage, more of that please

Chris1

Caught Furfrou, Staryu, Starmie, Gabite and Garchomp. So Gible and Phione left to get, don't think I have even seen Phione yet and Gible keeps escaping.

Only need Phione now.

Good thing I checked here (as usual), since I didn't even know Garchomp and Phione were in the safari before I was told.

Paid coins to catch Gabite because I'd only seen it once in 20 battles and figured it'd be a while before I saw it again. Next battle: Gabite.

Loptous

So far, I seem to get Gabite quite often with Mega Gengar.
While using Mega Glalie gives me more Gible / Furfrou.

Haven't seen Phione nor Garchomp though.

octopiggy

All up to date again. Only saw Gabite, Phione and Furfrou once. Maybe I've just been lucky but these safaris seem a lot less painless than that first one.
Has anything else been data-mined? Do we know what's coming up?

I really hate safaris. I always end up spending a ton at the last minute because certain ones never appear for me.

Edit: I keep getting Starmie, even though I still don't have Staryu, Phione, or any of the ground Pokemon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm starting to think Garchomp & Phione don't exist because I'm either getting Starmie, Gible, or Furfrou. Hell, I only got Gabite twice (in a freakin' row) and haven't seen it for the rest of the day.

4 hearts to get Pignite, made up by the fact I needed one try to get Gabite. Gible took a lot longer, Starmie was caught with Super Catch at 99%.

-Horizon-

Managed to catch Gible, Gabite, and Garchomp and Starmie.

Staryu I just don't see anymore even though it was so common earlier today. Furfou is just infuriating when it manages to escape even at a high percentage. And what, Phione is in this as well? Haven't seen it at all.

Wait I just noticed those sharks all have a bite pun. Wow, can't believe I just now see that lol.

SaintZ

I've only caught Starmie and Gible. No sight of Phione or Gabite and I've only seen Garchomp once. Yes Furfrou is the worst because he always manage to escape, dammit.

Ondore

Got Phione (1% encounter, stupid high catch), Starmie, Gabite, and Garchomp. Apparently you can get 630 coins out of Staryu, so I hope to have a few run-ins with it before this Safari's over.

And I hope the Garchomp cutoff is really low. Like, 50k low.

SaintRidley

Neo Member
All but Phione seen and caught now, one day in. Not horrible, just got to pour hearts in. And in the meantime Chesnaught and Shaymin are gaining levels.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Garchomp & Phione isn't real & you all tricked me. ALL DAY, I haven't seen them a single damn time. Like, I'm not understanging the chances of seeing each Pokemon. Why couldn't they make it 1 out of 7 chance?

This is as annoying, if not more so than the first safari...

Chris1

Garchomp & Phione isn't real & you all tricked me. ALL DAY, I haven't seen them a single damn time. Like, I'm not understanging the chances of seeing each Pokemon. Why couldn't they make it 1 out of 7 chance?

This is as annoying, if not more so than the first safari...
I haven't seen Phione yet either, I think we're being trolled :(

Edit: Apparently Phione has a 1% appearance rate

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You gotta be kidding, ONE PERCENT CHANCE OF SEEING??!

Ugh, least I should have more than enough for a few attempts with a Great Ball. & I was able to get Sceptile to lv. Max, plis Genesect is almost at lv. 9 thanks to all those attemps.

At least the rare stuff has a high capture percentage. Phione is base 40% with a 3% move bonus, so you're pretty much guaranteed to capture it once you encounter it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINALLY GOT GARCHOMP. Checked one last time before going to bed, got the Super Catch Rate & captured at 81%. Nice to have another STRONG Ground type with base attack 80, not to mention one that'll be able to Mega Evolve in the future.

Now to hopefully get Phione tomorrow.

Hegarol

Got everything except Phione. Lets hope it doesn't take too long to get it. At least catch rate is good so you almost have a guaranteed catch when you encounter it.

CassSept

Yah, I finally met Phione and caught it first time, even if I didn't I had 6X% catch rate so Great Ball would get it out of the way. Only Gabite remains and back to Meowth farming.

Only missing Starmie now - I got Phione first thing so I had no idea how rare it was!

Don't mind this safari so much, with the bonus coins and bonus EXP you can get now and then it feels less like I'm wasting my time when repeats come up.

One... one percent? This is becoming like the real Pokemon games, huh?

Interesting about Starmie giving extra exp; maybe I'll KO it next time instead of quitting on sight : P

I dunno why you'd quit when most of the safari stuff can be killed in one turn. It's only 30 coins and a little EXP but it's still only twenty seconds' work. But yeah, Staryu for coins and Starmie for EXP. I wonder if they make reappearances one day as a bit of variation for the weekend events.

I've only got Wobbuffet to catch now, but I keep wasting hearts by forgetting to activate the items before entering the stage and it's basically impossible without them :lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*saw Garchomp the entire day yesterday to see him*

..........*sees him TWICE in the very first set of 5 lives this morning*

Just give me Phione so I can be done...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This game is messing with me now. I didn't see Garchomp all day yesterday until like 1:30 a.m. & now, waking up around 8 a.m. & only about 2.5 hours into the day, I've seen him THREE TIMES.

I so hope Phione will be worth all this trouble, but it'll probably be only attack base 60 or something.

Top Bottom