• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

LOLDSFAN

So I finally encounter Garchomp and realized when the pattern started that I actually saw him near the beginning of the Safari but didn't catch him. So I've been thinking this whole time that I haven't seen him lol.

So anyway caught him this time and I'm officially done with Safari yay.

Needed a Great Ball for Garchomp. Glad he has a high catch rate.

Phione could be Sharpedo all over again, though I can't recall Sharpedo's catch rate.

Haven't caught Staryu yet. I usually try to get some coins out of it at the expense of one move.

daydream

Banned
only phione left for me now. if i'd known how rare it was, i'd have used a great ball yesterday

anyway, more than enough time left to catch this thing

-Horizon-

Finally got staryu. The only good thing about it was that you can easily get a bunch of coins from it.

Now for the horrible RNG quest for Phione who I still haven't met :/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How is it I've seen Garchomp about SIX times today despite never seeing him yesterday until freakin 1 a.m. but STILL haven't seen Phione?!

Stick with just 5 Pokemon, please.

How is it I've seen Garchomp about SIX times today despite never seeing him yesterday until freakin 1 a.m. but STILL haven't seen Phione?!

Stick with just 5 Pokemon, please.

It supposedly has a 1% encounter rate, which means playing about 30 hearts a day for the full 14 days, I MIGHT see Phione once knowing how RNG goes with me.

seems that starmie gives bonus XP? is it just if using a bug type against him? am i missing something? (leveling my genesect in the safari) haha nvmd. asked and answered, sorry shufflegaf

Got every single safari pkmn on the first day except for Phione, which I haven't seen a single time despite playing non-stop. Gamefreak always on that bullshit.
tLUNliL.png

Got every single safari pkmn on the first day except for Phione, which I haven't seen a single time despite playing non-stop. Gamefreak always on that bullshit.
tLUNliL.png

Remind me again, what are the Safari Pokémon again, in addition to what I already have? (Furfrou and the entire Garchomp line)

Remind me again, what are the Safari Pokémon again, in addition to what I already have? (Furfrou and the entire Garchomp line)

26%: StageDataEvent #20 (Gible)
10%: StageDataEvent #21 (Gabite)
6%: StageDataEvent #22 (Garchomp)
16%: StageDataEvent #23 (Staryu)
15%: StageDataEvent #24 (Starmie)
26%: StageDataEvent #25 (Furfrou)
1%: StageDataEvent #26 (Phione)

Axass

Still haven't seen Phione. 1% is stupid low.

BTW do you think they'll ever repeat the safaris? Still waiting to try again to catch Sharpedo.

They'll repeat everything given time, but the game has been out six months without repeating them, so even assuming there are no more safaris to come you're looking at twice a year at best.

Mmm hmm!

Now, that leaves only Staryu and Starmie to catch, since I got Phione just now.

Chris1

They'll repeat everything given time, but the game has been out six months without repeating them, so even assuming there are no more safaris to come you're looking at twice a year at best.

Don't forget Safari's are new and there was no repeats for like the first 3 month of the game now we're getting them every other week but yeah I expect they will repeat them at one point. Only thing I don't think will get repeated is Mew, the description of that stage implied it was only available for launch but he's weak anyways, not really missing much.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Can't wait for a repeat safari that has AAALLLLL the previous safari pokemon combined into one, so you gotta search for about 17 of them at once.

Fewr

Oh Phione, Where Art Thou?

If I don't manage to catch this, my OCD might recede and I could consider quitting. Win/Win.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait for a repeat safari that has AAALLLLL the previous safari pokemon combined into one, so you gotta search for about 17 of them at once.
And one new Pokemon with 1% ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That'd be a right arse to build a team for as well. At least all the safaris so far have had fairly similar types in so you can build a team that makes short work of everything.

Loptous

Just made this to share my experience with Safari so far :
safari.png

I hope the devs realize the instant I miss a mon is the instant I drop and delete the game.

I've seen Garchomp around 15 times already and have yet to see Phione once. I've used around 80 hearts so far. We'll see if I can encounter it before the 14 days are up.

Loptous

I want to believe this is true of myself also but I'm not convinced I could do it.
I'm publicly saying it to make sure I commit to it if it happens.
Admittedly, I probably won't be missed since I still haven't spent a dime on it.

But honestly, I feel like I'm being abused right now, and it's not at all enjoyable.

OmegaX

I finally caught all 7 Safari Pokemon. I had to use a Great Ball on Garchomp but it was worth it.
Now I know I was very lucky to encounter and catch Phione on the first day. I probably wouldn't have used a Great Ball if I missed catching it.

Robin64

I have missed Pinsir and Dialga. I didn't have my 3DS when they were on, and juuust got it back in time to do some safari before it stopped. Pinsir was the only one I missed getting.

Got Phione on the bus : D

I missed the Venusaur Mega Stone, but I'm still in. I mean, it's not like I've got much better to do during breaks XD

Chris1

Oh my god just ran into Phione. Got too excited I had to post here, haven't even started the stage yet.

Edit: Finally done with this safari. God damn Phione. At least it had a high catch rate

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I so freakin' hope Phione will be worth it, i.e. worth leveling up & such. Last thing I want is to find out they have base attack 60 or lower &/or an useless power....

Robin64

I so freakin' hope Phione will be worth it, i.e. worth leveling up & such. Last thing I want is to find out they have base attack 60 or lower &/or an useless power....

You might want to sit down for this...

60 with Crowd Control.

iphys

Shit, a 1% chance of appearance? I guess I should have used a Great Ball on it, huh?

OMG, you let it get away, no, no, no!

I wouldn't mind the 1% odds so much if you were actually guaranteed to see it 1 out of every 100 tries, but there will be people that will simply never see this thing after hundreds of attempts. It has too good of an ability not to give everyone an actual opportunity to get it.

Chris1

LOL

60 attack with crowd control, he's the only water pokemon with crowd control so that probably makes him one of the strongest water types.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, the reactions. I'm in for a terrible surprise, aren't I? I'll click them after capturing Phione.

At the very least, what should I be looking for in terms of moves & background? It's Water, right? How many moves are allowed, as I know Starmie is 13 & Staryu is 8.

Chris1

Oh god, the reactions. I'm in for a terrible surprise, aren't I? I'll click them after capturing Phione.

At the very least, what should I be looking for in terms of moves & background? It's Water, right? How many moves are allowed, as I know Starmie is 13 & Staryu is 8.

10 moves, one row of ice in the second from the top and another at the second from bottom.

I wouldn't really worry about it. I took gengar, shaymin and chesnaught and beat it with 4 moves left which gave me a 52% catch rate. If you have coins you're pretty much guaranteed to get it with just one great ball.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, 10 moves, water background/the same background for Staryu & Starmie.

I was able to Max out Sceptile, so switched to Venusaur for the time being since he's halfway to lv. 8, along with Genesect halfway to MAX.

Machine

Garchomp finally appeared. I had to use a great ball but I got him. Now if only Phione would appear. Unfortunately, I am leaving town tomorrow for a couple days and the 3DS won't be accompanying me. I will miss a couple days of getting pissed at RNG...

Top Bottom