• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Just made this to share my experience with Safari so far :

I hope the devs realize the instant I miss a mon is the instant I drop and delete the game.

Who's your Mega? I never saw Furfrou til I switched from Venasaur to Blastoise once I saw on here the theory Mega's might affect encounter rate.

My first two days went by somehow seeing Garchomp more than Gabite who I didn't encounter til like 40 hearts in.

Encounter Phione on day 3, once again late night early morning for that rare mon.

Robin64

Who's your Mega? I never saw Furfrou til I switched from Venasaur to Blastoise once I saw on here the theory Mega's might affect encounter rate.

But we have absolute proof that isn't true from the data mining, though.

It's just that whole thing of "you did something, then something happened, so you correlate the thing happening with the thing you did".

My first two days went by somehow seeing Garchomp more than Gabite who I didn't encounter til like 40 hearts in.

Encounter Phione on day 3, once again late night early morning for that rare mon.

I caught every single safari Pokémon with Gengar. It makes no difference who you choose.

Axass

I've missed Sharpedo because he never fucking appeared, and Banette's mega stone... because I forgot to play with items the last day. ;_;

CassSept

I never even used a mega this Safari, with three Grass Pokemon most of the stages solved themselves within 3 moves max.

I'm curious about trying to get Gible again just to see if I can get 150+ combos I've seen on Reddit.

daydream

Banned
I never even used a mega this Safari, with three Grass Pokemon most of the stages solved themselves within 3 moves max.

I'm curious about trying to get Gible again just to see if I can get 150+ combos I've seen on Reddit.

i got one that was way over 150 but didn't bother taking a screenshot

hardly feels earned with only three pokemon

(well, it always depends on luck so i guess it's never really earned)

SaintRidley

Neo Member
Day three of the Phione hunt on both my and my spouse's games. I've run into Garchomp 5 times each, still no sign of Phione. All hearts, including more than 30 per game earned through streetpass, toward it.

Eventually it'll show, but it's getting wearisome.

Growlie19

Phione (and Staryu) get! I also went and captured Aegislash, which means I've finally caught them all at the moment! Now it's grind time!
Also Reyn time!

Jesus Christ, by the time I get Phione I will have leveled all my grass and electric pkmn to Max.

At least I'm getting some moolah from Staryu.

Loptous

Goshdang
This feels like a modern take on Greek Hell punishments

Gengar.

I wasted a Great Ball on Garchomp. Seen him a few times already.

Switched out Gengar for Venusaur for more sweet sweet XP.

It's gotten to the point where I try to minimize the last combo I make to save time.

daydream

Banned
at least quitting out of stages is super easy & quick. takes about 30s to go through five hearts, only to find there's still no phione in sight

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What amazes me is that this is the FOURTH day straight where I've been using every single heart that I can without it hitting the max 5, yet still not seeing Phione. Today should be the day considering out of 100 hearts, I should've seen him ONCE. Least Genesect is about one or two more hearts away from being MAX, then I'll switch with Heracross.

Don't even need to bother with coins on Staryu's stage considering I've got over 93k now.

I'm just using a full grass team since Phione is water. I did the math and it looks like I'd I average 30 hearts a day, which I easily have been, the odds of me seeing Phione are 1-.99^420, which is over 98%. Hopefully I do see it.

Loptous

Wonder if the odds of getting Starmie 4 times in a row is lower than 1%
Because I just got that and there's still no Phione in sight adfjgkjdajgakgjkadjgak

You can increase the chances of encountering Phione by putting Feebas in your mega slot, starting the battle at exactly 3:16am, and spinning around on the spot four times as the stage is loading. That's what I did and it worked.

Also you have to be holding your breath.

LOLDSFAN

You can increase the chances of encountering Phione by putting Feebas in your mega slot, starting the battle at exactly 3:16am, and spinning around on the spot four times as the stage is loading. That's what I did and it worked.

Also you have to be holding your breath.
My uncle works at Genius Sonority and can confirm.

SaintRidley

Neo Member
Debating dropping jewels on hearts if I haven't encountered Phione by midweek next week.

Got Phione on mine about three hours after this post went up. Still searching for it on the spouse's game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Uuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh, end of day 4 & still nothing. This is easily the worst luck I've had throughout the entire game.

I FINALLY got Phione tonight after around 130 hearts. Now my next goal is to get genesect. I'm debating whether or not I should just spend all the coins available even though I can't even beat it without items. I have about 70K coins, but I don't want to waste a ton of them if I can just barely get enough time to win, which would mean I'd have a minuscule percentage to catch.

Chris1

I FINALLY got Phione tonight after around 130 hearts. Now my next goal is to get genesect. I'm debating whether or not I should just spend all the coins available even though I can't even beat it without items. I have about 70K coins, but I don't want to waste a ton of them if I can just barely get enough time to win, which would mean I'd have a minuscule percentage to catch.

Been a while since I did it but I think I finished it with about 30 seconds left with all items when I could only get it about half way without items. Got lucky and caught it after some greatballs.

Been a while since I did it but I think I finished it with about 30 seconds left with all items when I could only get it about half way without items. Got lucky and caught it after some greatballs.

Yeah I ended up using +10 seconds, a disruption delay, and about 3 great balls at 32% each. I guess all there's left to do now is S rank all main stages and catch Greninja whenever he's unlocked.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, that was a real shit all-item run :( Just above 30k, ranked 240th or so.

Robin64

Tempted to drop £4.49 on this, for the 6 jewels + 6 free bonus. It would be the first time I've spent money, and given I've had well over 50 hours of play..

Uuugghh. I can stand grinding for 1% pokemon in a mainline game because I can try for it over hundreds of encounters in a single day.

This waiting days upon days just to see Phione is really getting to me....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ranked 300 with 33,375. Probably will try to switch teams since I used Mega Gengar & everyone else is using Mega Blastoise.

Was Rayquaza always this easy? Hit Optimize and beat him with plenty of moves left. Easy 700 coins.

I hope they do a Phione event or something.

Growlie19

Got 33134 on the Mega Garchomp stage. Might have done better if I used M-Blastoise to clear the metal blocks. Worst comes to worst, I'll try again at the end. Back to grinding regardless.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It finally happened. I ran into Phione. I'd be more excited if I wasn't feeling like crap. Least using a Great Ball was a full 100% catch rate.

......................attack base 60.....well that sure wasn't worth over 4 days of grinding....though it has Crowd Control.

I used all items and only got 20842 on Mega Garchomp... and now it's failing every time I try to upload the high score. Well that's pretty awful.

Top Bottom