• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

They just added a Garchomp competition

and there are Phione tokens in it

dat maximum trolling

Pretty impressive, really. I actually hadn't even looked at the Garchomp stage yet, but I'm almost at max coins again from Staryu and I had finally gotten my last digit 0 back from Wobuffet, so I figured I'd check him out and maybe dump coins on it. I had been checking the rankings and noticed everyone using Phione, and wondered how Crowd Control was worth 10 less attack in a timed stage.

Then I did my first run and didn't even want to finish it once I saw that little fucker in the middle. That and Gible/Blastoise gave me more icon trouble than anything anyone has ever complained about before in these stages.

Axass

Mega Banette better be the next repeat competition, I need it! I still wonder why they repeated Lucario twice.

Also still no Phione.

I think my 3DS is on its way out. It didn't wake up from sleep mode yesterday and the battery has gone red after about 24 hours (only 10 minutes of that was I playing it.)

I dread to think how much Shuffle I'd miss if it happened because I can't replace it until Nintendo release a nice new 3DS in NA. Either the small one, or the blue XL.

I took Phione from Lv1 to Lv6 with Victini today!

I'm curious as to how well an all Crowd Control team would do in these contests. Take it slightly slower so you don't get combos and look for matches of 4+ so it triggers often. If you combine it with Complexity-1 and attack power+ you could be getting 1,000 points per match for a regularly effective Pokémon and more for Phione.

Chris1

I took Phione from Lv1 to Lv6 with Victini today!

I'm curious as to how well an all Crowd Control team would do in these contests. Take it slightly slower so you don't get combos and look for matches of 4+ so it triggers often. If you combine it with Complexity-1 and attack power+ you could be getting 1,000 points per match for a regularly effective Pokémon and more for Phione.
The issue with that is it would go against you too as you can't really clear non crowd control pokemon to fill the board of pokemon with crowd control so you're doing less damage

Pokemon with an ability that does more damage the more times you trigger it in a combo and crowd control would probably work best I think

Chris1

And I'm now 59th in Europe. Think I'll be alright for the rest of the week haha
Hopefully I don't need to do another run to get mega speed up also. Currently sitting at rank 336 with a score of 35462 but I used Gengar which seems to have been a bad move.

Still no Phione for me either. Haven't attempted the new competition yet. Want to try and get Phione first.
Got a 130 combo against another safari Pokemon (already forgot which) I don't think I've ever made such a huge combo before. Tried taking a pic with my phone and my phone didn't register the pic!!! I was a bit bummed lol

Etria

Finally saw Phione and caught it with a Great Ball. I can stop with Pokemon Safari now, and train up a team for Mega Garchomp.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got a much higher score for Mega Garchomp. Went from 33,375 to 42,848. Went from rank 900-something (980?) to 170. Think I SHOULD be safe now for the top 5000.

Ondore

So roughly what score should I aim for to get the Garchompite? I've got coins for one run with all items, but don't have an ideal team... no Blastoiseite or Venusaurite so I've got to run with either Gengar, Aerodactyl or Glalie in the Mega slot. Rest of the team is Phione, Lilligant (L9) and Kyogre.

ZeroX03

Banned
Still no Phione...

Got a much higher score for Mega Garchomp. Went from 33,375 to 42,848. Went from rank 900-something (980?) to 170. Think I SHOULD be safe now for the top 5000.

It's top 3000 for this event to get the Mega Speedup in Europe. Sucks.

I don't think Phione exists.

I'm just kidding but I just sat through 24 plays and no Phione :(
I'll keep trying tomorrow lulz going to bed!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
UUUGGGHHHH I forgot to do +5 Moves for Meowth & only got 1,500 coins.

I swear, each weekend, I either forget to get more EXP for Victini or more moves for Meowth...

LOLDSFAN

On a similar note, I decided to use the free mega start and ended up with 9,200. I usually end up with around 2 or 3 thousand without it so maybe I should add that all the time...

Still no Phione for me either. Haven't attempted the new competition yet. Want to try and get Phione first.
Got a 130 combo against another safari Pokemon (already forgot which) I don't think I've ever made such a huge combo before. Tried taking a pic with my phone and my phone didn't register the pic!!! I was a bit bummed lol

If you press the Home button while the combo is on screen, you can upload screenshots to Miiverse

JoeM86

Not to one-up though but I got this yesterday
l1zuF46.png

Luck of the draw really. No skill involved whatsoever after you clear the board.

Axass

l1zuF46.png

Luck of the draw really. No skill involved whatsoever after you clear the board.

Got 235 against Furfrou like two days ago, my highest combo ever. Safari stages have always been great for combos due to the small number of pokémon involved.

If you press the Home button while the combo is on screen, you can upload screenshots to Miiverse

I tried for mine but couldn't manage to.

EDIT: Here's the photo.

Oxx

I think I have already encountered Phione once (and didn't capture it).

I didn't realise it was kind of a big deal.

Chris1

Mega Garchomp’s Mega Effect
The effect clears Pokémon in a diagonal swath over an area of up to three rows. Mega Garchomp can erase a significant amount of the puzzle area at once and give you a better chance for making combos!

Same as Mawile just the opposite direction. Can use 10 mega speed ups on it so seems like it's gonna take forever to mega evolve.

I wonder when/if we'll get another Gengar replacement

Sweet! Didn't know that, I will definitely remember that for next time.

l1zuF46.png

That's awesome, I haven't made combos no where near that yet.

Got 235 against Furfrou like two days ago, my highest combo ever. Safari stages have always been great for combos due to the small number of pokémon involved.

I tried for mine but couldn't manage to.

EDIT: Here's the photo.

Holy crap that's a big combo!
I'll try to capture mine next time...if I ever get that high again lol

daydream

Banned
Wow, Phione, you might want to visit someone else! Saw him for the third time today...

Sometimes I wish I could share my luck.

damn you

are you changing up your team a lot or doing other stages

i'm getting paranoid thinking about ways to influence the rng, send help

Top Bottom