• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Every god damn Gible is such a troll knowing that phione is also 10 moves and uses that grass/ground background. When will it be my time?! >200 hearts used in safari. This is madness

Mega Garchomp looks like it's wearing a bib.

I wonder if we'll ever get another Mega like Gengar: evolves so fast, good typing, very versatile ability, encountered relatively early, and everyone can get it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We're due for some new main stages as well, right? It's been over a month since we last got them. Heck, we're due for a new AREA, I think.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, we got the 4.5 million Pokemon a while back, pretty sure we should be at 5 million by now.

I'm sure it's been there for some time, but Pokedex lists 10 more hidden Pokemon, which is the perfect amount for a set of new stages.

Oh yeah, we got the 4.5 million Pokemon a while back, pretty sure we should be at 5 million by now.

I'm sure it's been there for some time, but Pokedex lists 10 more hidden Pokemon, which is the perfect amount for a set of new stages.

The Pokédex has listed around 10-20 more Pokémon than you can catch since forever. I imagine the next set of stages will add at least 11 though, the last expert one was around 20 or 30 S-ranks ago wasn't it?

Junahu

Banging my head so hard against gambler's fallacy with this Phione business. I know the odds are still the same, but I feel like I'm owed a visit from the garbage water baby.

Why in god's name do games not enforce probability for missable stuff like this? Jack the chances up a bit if the player is skewing too far from the curve, to prevent them from burning out and just abandoning the game alltogether.

Just think of it like this; there's a 1% chance of encounter so all you have to do is play the safari 100 times and you're guaranteed to maybe see it.

Thank you, I feel much better now.

This has got to be a huge ruse, Phione isn't even listed on the official site, it doesn't exist, does it?

I used about 120 hearts before I finally saw it. The safari is kind of a joke because even if they want to encourage spending money to get more hearts, there's far from a guarantee that it would even allow you to see Phione. They should allow you to buy bait or something to increase the odds of rare Safari Pokemon.

Chris1

Just think of it like this; there's a 1% chance of encounter so all you have to do is play the safari 100 times and you're guaranteed to maybe see it.

That's not how it works, there's a 1% chance every heart, your way would only work if your chances of seeing it increased 1% with each heart. To be guaranteed to see it you're probably looking at something like 300 hearts (I don't know how many but it'll be far more than 100).

That's not how it works, there's a 1% chance every heart, your way would only work if your chances of seeing it increased 1% with each heart. To be guaranteed to see it you're probably looking at something like 300 hearts (I don't know how many but it'll be far more than 100).

"maybe" ;)

I do actually feel pretty bad for all of you, it's easy for me to have a sense of humour about it when I caught it day one, if I was still looking now I would be getting so angry.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phione is the reason why I don't care for safaris. Or hell, make a new item which you can spend coins on to increase your chances of seeing a rarer Pokemon.

Chris1

"maybe" ;)

I do actually feel pretty bad for all of you, it's easy for me to have a sense of humour about it when I caught it day one, if I was still looking now I would be getting so angry.

They really need to put some sort of safe guard in. Something like bait as ratcliffja said or maybe even just have all pokemon in safari appear at guaranteed times if you haven't caught it yet, for example if you haven't caught Phione at 100 hearts used, you'd be guaranteed to run into at on your 100th safari heart.

SaintRidley

Neo Member
I caught it on my game after a few days. Happy enough with that.

Been playing on my partner's game, no luck. Thinking if it's not done by tonight, tomorrow it's time to drop the jewels.

Chris1

I caught it on my game after a few days. Happy enough with that.

Been playing on my partner's game, no luck. Thinking if it's not done by tonight, tomorrow it's time to drop the jewels.

There's still another week left, just keep trying until the last day and if you still don't have it drop jewels then. No point wasting jewels on hearts when you could still get it and if you still don't run into it after spending jewels you're gonna be even more pissed.

That depends what you mean by guaranteed. Even after 300 hearts, at a 1% chance of appearing, about 5% of people still won't have seen it. Yuck.

To get it down to 1% chance of not having seem him takes nearly 460 attempts. Yeah. And obviously this only works before you start, once you've done 450 attempts doesn't mean you're guaranteed to find him in the next 10.

The Phione madness just reminds me of how I got 148/150 in Red way back in the day. The two I missed were Tauros and Kangaskhan (Safari Pokemon). Low encounter rate and then it's up to RNG to catch them. I even did the Seafoam trick: encountered Tauros once but accidentally ran from it.

After playing today, I still have yet to run into Phione. I'm feeling a bit disheartened but I'm going to keep trying. I just hope Phione shows up eventually :(

Loptous

@ -Horizon- : You're simply not complaining hard enough. ;')
I'm so sorry, couldn't resiiist

That depends what you mean by guaranteed. Even after 300 hearts, at a 1% chance of appearing, about 5% of people still won't have seen it. Yuck.

To get it down to 1% chance of not having seem him takes nearly 460 attempts. Yeah. And obviously this only works before you start, once you've done 450 attempts doesn't mean you're guaranteed to find him in the next 10.
joke.jpg

"maybe" ;)

I still want to punch whoever said they'd rather have this over Pinsir dammit

BTW, I haven't seen anyone reporting this, but does checking streetpass visitors in-game makes the game crash for any of you? Because it does for me all the time. : /

Fewr

The Phione madness just reminds me of how I got 148/150 in Red way back in the day. The two I missed were Tauros and Kangaskhan (Safari Pokemon). Low encounter rate and then it's up to RNG to catch them. I even did the Seafoam trick: encountered Tauros once but accidentally ran from it.

I had that too, but only Tauros was left to be caught. T_T

CassSept

Bruv, in Gen II I managed to get 247/250 Pokemon seen (245 owned since I had a single friend who had GameBoy and chosen Totodile). 248 and 249 were Chikorita and Bayleef since you could get Meganium through Viridian. 250? Azumarill. I spent hours upon hours in Mt. Mortar and I refuse to believe that you can actually meet Marill there.

Well technically, you 'just' need to encounter Phione since it's a guaranteed catch (low hp, +50% catch rate), so it is better than Pinsir.

Junahu

Found Phione today, I was THIS close to turning off the game assuming it was another Gible, then I noticed the lack of wood blocks, and then Phione's beautiful, punchable face appeared.

I don't want anything like this to happen ever again. It's just bad bad bad.

-Horizon-

we're in this together, guys. patience!

*dies

Still nothing so far today. The hate seeing Gible and Furfrou is real.

@ -Horizon- : You're simply not complaining hard enough. ;')
I'm so sorry, couldn't resiiist

joke.jpg

BTW, I haven't seen anyone reporting this, but does checking streetpass visitors in-game makes the game crash for any of you? Because it does for me all the time. : /

:(

stolin

Still no Phione for me either. :( I've been averaging 25-30 hearts a day on this Safari. Still no sighting. Their algorithm needs to change to account for the number of tries cause this is reaching insanity.

-Horizon-

HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU GUYZZZZZZZ
PHIONE IS REAL. HE EXISTS!!!! I JUST HAD TO BELIEVE AND HE APPEARED!
Photoshop! PHOTOSHOP! I DON'T BELIEVE YOU D:<

Still no Phione for me either. :( I've been averaging 25-30 hearts a day on this Safari. Still no sighting. Their algorithm needs to change to account for the number of tries cause this is reaching insanity.
Gonna try again in a few more hours. I'm not feeling it though.

FUCK EVERY GIBLE. EAT SHIT EACH AND EVERY GIBLE. i have dumped so many hearts in to this freaking safari

If I wasnt getting decent coins and able to level my bug/normal teams I would have already quit this game for good

Spending all the weeks of no content grinding Ampharos has proven to be an even bigger waste of time than I initially thought: I don't even have any grass/electric Pokemon to level on Starmie while looking for Phione anymore.

I wonder if the Safari is a better use of time for some quick XP/coins. Of course there are the odds of not encountering Staryu/Starmie and getting a 200+ combo on Gible which takes 2 minutes, but for mindless 5-minute grinding it seems to be okay. Meowth and Ampharos do require a bit of time and effort.

Photoshop! PHOTOSHOP! I DON'T BELIEVE YOU D:<

Gonna try again in a few more hours. I'm not feeling it though.

horizon and i will always be holding things down in the 'no phione' club

at least i'm not hurting for coins anymore

:-( Keep trying y'all. He's got to pop up eventually!

Just attempted the competition and got a score of 35501. Puts me at #1,743. I'll keep an eye on it but I like where I'm at. Let's see how much it changes by Sunday.

Top Bottom