• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

iphys

I got it on my 123rd heart, which already felt like far too many, so I feel for the people that haven't got Phione yet. They better not ever give us an encounter rate so low again, unless they alter it to being an actual guarantee of exactly 1 out of every 100 attempts.

Elija2

Goddamnit, I spent so many hearts and coins trying to get enough S ranks to unlock the Genesect stage, and it turns out he's freaking impossible! I guess I should have expected him to be hard, but damn. I hope they give out more jewels soon so I can cash them in for more coins.

Goddamnit, I spent so many hearts and coins trying to get enough S ranks to unlock the Genesect stage, and it turns out he's freaking impossible! I guess I should have expected him to be hard, but damn. I hope they give out more jewels soon so I can cash them in for more coins.

Save jewels for help in beating stages/high capture rates. Meowth 37 is coin country

Chris1

Save jewels for help in beating stages/high capture rates. Meowth 37 is coin country

That's not worth it, 1 jewel = 3k coins? great ball is 2.5k and moves +5 is only 800 coins. Using jewels on that is a waste, coins is the best but even then they're not that great because of Meowth. Personally I'm saving all my jewels just incase they make speed ups buyable but if not I'll use them on coins I guess.

That's not worth it, 1 jewel = 3k coins? great ball is 2.5k and moves +5 is only 800 coins. Using jewels on that is a waste, coins is the best but even then they're not that great because of Meowth. Personally I'm saving all my jewels just incase they make speed ups buyable but if not I'll use them on coins I guess.

Not what I meant (jewels to coins). I meant use the jewels to get the additional 15 secs only after an attempt where you have them basically down to almost no health so that immediately after you use the jewel you'll have won with 15 seconds left and get an organically high capture rate before even thinking about resorting to mega balls. The 800 coin moves +5/Time +10 doesnt count toward better capture rates. Of course with genesect you're already going to def want to spend for the disruption delay

Not what I meant (jewels to coins). I meant use the jewels to get the additional 15 secs only after an attempt where you have them basically down to almost no health so that immediately after you use the jewel you'll have won with 15 seconds left and get an organically high capture rate before even thinking about resorting to mega balls. The 800 coin moves +5/Time +10 doesnt count toward better capture rates. Of course with genesect you're already going to def want to spend for the disruption delay

Using jewels to add time won't increase the capture rate either, it'll be at the minimum as if you finished with 0 seconds left.

SaintRidley

Neo Member
Yeah, toythatkills is wrong there. That guy I posted who I think might be representative of the majority? He uses his jewels like that, and it does give catch rate.

That said, using jewels like that is uneconomical and ultimately far less useful than spending on either coins or hearts. And outside of corner cases like Safari for Phione (my partner pulled the trigger and spent 12 jewels on hearts, Phione then showed up about 30-40 hearts later), jewels are best spent on coins (if you need an emergency injection of lots of them) or saved.

daydream

Banned
i felt no satisfaction and no relief when i caught phione this morning, just disgust

best of luck to our brethren who are still suffering

Just wondering, do you think this a hack or somebody with a LOT of free time? (Or somebody with HomePass?)

WVW69iSJqt41f5iM-D

Link if the pic doesn't show

For reference, I have 700 tags and the most I've seen before is around 900. This is from checking my Shuffle tags whenever I'm out and going to multiple big events.

If someone is an extensive homepass user this is certainly possible, don't think its a hack.

That's what I was thinking, but it's still pretty bizarre to see. The playtime kinda matches up too, as in if somebody had 10 hours and 9999 tags I'd be waaaaay more suspicious.

I'll just be happy to hit 1000 tags. TBH, I've got way more hearts (and possibly jewels) than I need with 700 tags.

Chris1

Huh, I didn't know jewels counted towards catch rate. Interesting.

i felt no satisfaction and no relief when i caught phione this morning, just disgust

best of luck to our brethren who are still suffering

Thank u. Your prayers are appreciated during this trying time

Probably done with this game for good if I don't ever get it, even if I'm still able to post a competitive score for the event, and even if they eventually include another chance at phione. It's the principle. This is the first unquestionably bad decision they've made in the roll out/pacing of this game

Chris1

I don't know if I'd pick this or Pinsir as their worst idea so far.

Pinsir for sure. At least if you run into Phione you're pretty much guaranteed to catch it, with Pinsir you had 3 chances and every chance was a low catch rate. Complete bullshit.

On the other hand at least Pinsir will most likely come back just before its mega stone and easy to get, there's no telling when Phione will come back and if he does, will it still be a 1% appearance rate?

Pinsir for sure. At least if you run into Phione you're pretty much guaranteed to catch it, with Pinsir you had 3 chances and every chance was a low catch rate. Complete bullshit.

On the other hand at least Pinsir will most likely come back just before its mega stone and easy to get, there's no telling when Phione will come back and if he does, will it still be a 1% appearance rate?

Def not pinsir, since you had guaranteed encounters and anyone decent enough at the game should have the coins for mega balls. Plus pinsir wasn't fairly crucial in a mega stone competition

Chris1

Def not pinsir, since you had guaranteed encounters and anyone decent enough at the game should have the coins for mega balls. Plus pinsir wasn't fairly crucial in a mega stone competition

The catch rate was still low even with great balls though. There was 3% base catch rate with an absolute maximum of 33% assuming you 1 hit him which was impossible, even with a great ball that's only 66% maximum chance.

You had a maximum of 3 encounters all with low catch rates, even if you 1 hit it you still could have missed Pinsir, with Phione you're guaranteed to catch it pretty much after 1 greatball but you can also play safari as many times as you like. I'd take Phione over Pinsir any day but Phione is still pretty bullshit too.

hirokazu

The catch rate was still low even with great balls though. There was 3% base catch rate with an absolute maximum of 33% assuming you 1 hit him which was impossible, even with a great ball that's only 66% maximum chance.

You had a maximum of 3 encounters all with low catch rates, even if you 1 hit it you still could have missed Pinsir, with Phione you're guaranteed to catch it pretty much after 1 greatball but you can also play safari as many times as you like. I'd take Phione over Pinsir any day but Phione is still pretty bullshit too.

Pinsir you could still get an OK catch rate based on level/skill. Then just keep throwing Great Balls.

Great Balls are not much use when you don't even see Phione once.

Chris1

Pinsir you could still get an OK catch rate based on level/skill. Then just keep throwing Great Balls.

Great Balls are not much use when you don't even see Phione once.
I suppose, I guess it's easy for me to say that Pinsir is the worst when I caught my Phione last week... If I was still trying to look for it now I probably would have smashed my DS lol.

One things for sure, Phione and Pinsir are easily the top 2 bullshit things Shuffle has done.

Robin64

Guess I should get round to beating Mega Heracross then, heh.

Also training a team good against Dark for Darkrai, he's another Escalation battle so every little helps.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINALLY. It had been a rather lackluster month for the most part, so glad we're finally getting new main stages.

Top Bottom