• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

ash_ag

Just as I had begun to think Phione might be my first Shuffle miss. :p

64065Bp.jpg

Finally had time for an all-item Mega Garchomp run.

It was alright, although I stalled a few times. Managed to rank 2514th in Europe, which is a lock for the Mega Stone, but probably not the top 3000 for the Mega Speedup.

Also got my first 6 coin match on the Sunday Meowth stage, which was cool.

Boba2007

So here's my current plan.

In 2.5 hours I use the 5 regular timed hearts. If Phione doesn't show up with those, I use the 9 I have saved up from streetpasses

If it STILL isn't there, I'll start using my jewels. I have 8 saved up, enough for almost 50 hearts.

And if I still don't have it by then, I'm quitting this game.

Chris1

Was sitting at rank 2801 of 3k for Mega Speedup with my old Gengar team, so I had to do another item run. I had 98.5k coins and didn't do weekend Meowth to avoid ending in a 9 so I guess it's not too bad. Now have a score of 43651 at rank 578 with MBlastoise.

Just used my 6 Mega Speedups on Bannette too, should max his speedup limit out tomorrow with the new escalation battle and the mega competition reward. Not sure who to max out next

So here's my current plan.

In 2.5 hours I use the 5 regular timed hearts. If Phione doesn't show up with those, I use the 9 I have saved up from streetpasses

If it STILL isn't there, I'll start using my jewels. I have 8 saved up, enough for almost 50 hearts.

And if I still don't have it by then, I'm quitting this game.

:(

Really feel bad for anyone that hasn't gotten Phione yet. Hopefully everyone manages to get it in the last few hours.... Watch Phione be on the regular stages tomorrow just to troll everyone, that would be harsh.

Using all items on Mega Garchomp felt less like a score doubler and more like a score quintupler.

Hey, at least I'm a lock now with over 52,000 points!

Well Gaf, that's over 70 hearts spent today.

It didn't appear.

I feel for you, Boba. You are completely justified in leaving the game behind, BUT you should still be able to place high enough to get the garchomp mega stone if not also the speedup, and there will likely be more opportunities for phione in the future.

still, yes this has been the most eggregious crap perpetrated by the creators thus far

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
98,000 coins. Totally prepared for 2 a.m. tonight for the new content & getting my Mega Garchomp, 2 attack power ups, & Mega Speedup (ranked 1,369 right now with 42,848 points). Guessing there should be some new Expert stages as well, considering I S-ranked the previous 10 stages & nothing.

Ondore

Once again proving that I suck at timed stages - I brought my best (Mega Glalie, Milotic, Tangrowth and Phione and I got... just under 20k. I'm 21,500th or so right now, so I'm almost hoping I get knocked to just a Jewel.

LOLDSFAN

Yeah I'm not the best at them either.

Got a score of 33,838 which puts me at 6,336 right now. I can never get that highest tier...

Probably didn't help that I had tons of blue on the stage so I couldn't quickly come up with long combos.

-Horizon-

Yes lol, doubles it.
(._.)

A part of me feels like I should've figured this out months ago but didn't lol

Well I just wasted that one free disruption and 9000 on complexity earlier and now I just used up 13,500 coins again (but now with all the items) to get back in the top 18,000 rank.

Boba2007

I feel for you, Boba. You are completely justified in leaving the game behind, BUT you should still be able to place high enough to get the garchomp mega stone if not also the speedup, and there will likely be more opportunities for phione in the future.

still, yes this has been the most eggregious crap perpetrated by the creators thus far

I forgot to replay the garchomp stage after giving up on Phione.

Doesn't matter though, I'm done with the game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mega Garchomp: Erases Pokemon with three lines from upper left to lower right
New Area: Albens Town
Daily Pokemon: ROTOMS AGAIN
Escalation Battle: Darkrai:

Lv. 5: 1 EXP x1.5
Lv. 10: 1 Distruption Delay
Lv. 25: 1 Mega Start
Lv. 50: 1 Mega Speedup

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Good lord, only two stages in & these are a pain, even with +5 Moves & Mega Start.

Oh, & Mega Garchomp takes up a whopping TEN Mega Speedups.

something I just love about new main stages. also yes, they are not exactly that easy. *gets out good ol' Mega Gengar*

With sleep charm, do all pokemon have the same % chance of it activating based upon a match of 4 or match of 5? can it ever activate on a 3 match?

CassSept

Ugh, these stages are not hard (e: the first five, that is, damn) if you leveled your team during slower period but they are looong for such low power Pokemon (though at least the first five should be S-rankable with moves +5). I'm afraid what will happen once we get harder Pokemon.

Seems Vivillon and something looking like Ralts line appeared in the files but I have no idea what the Pokemon between Gallade and Darkrai (
oh its apparently the unova trio, new ex stages
)

Staravia is a troll.

Hegarol

Prices for Darkrai:

Prize for first beating level 5: 1 Exp. Points x1.5
Prize for first beating level 10: 1 Disruption Delay
Prize for first beating level 25: 1 Mega Start
Prize for first beating level 50: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 75: 5 Unknown
Prize for first beating level 100: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 125: 5 Unknown
Prize for first beating level 150: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 175: 5 Unknown
Prize for first beating level 200: 1 Mega Speedup

Wonder what the Unknown is.

"That's weird, Scatterbug's catchrate sure is low for what it is"

*Gains a heart to play Spewpa

"This game is designed by assholes"

Of course, I was lucky enough to get a super catch chance for 77% when I went back to capture it.

Of course, it broke out at 77% because fuck me.

Spewpa is impossible...

Caught Darkrai on stage 2

MGengar+Scatterbug+Salamence = 0 turn 102 combo kill.

Of course, capture percentage is still 20%, because seriously, this game is developed by assholes.

CassSept

Yeah I used MKen + Heatran + Scatterbug and watched as the stage solves itself. Dumb dumb dumb.

These new stages are a pain, besides Gothorita they're not really complicated but they take foreeeever. Such useless Pokemon too, this batch is pretty reminiscent of early Wacky Workshop. Also just got a framerate slowdown on Vivillon when using MegaKen, huh.

These stages are the first time I've used MBlaziken and I can't tell what it actually does. I ended up just going back to MGengar for Vivillon.

Capture rate on everything is so low. Nothing was higher than 20%. They should rename the zone Heartsink City.

CassSept

These stages are the first time I've used MBlaziken and I can't tell what it actually does. I ended up just going back to MGengar for Vivillon.

The description is a total lie - it doesn't erase Pokemon of the same type but rather CHANGES Pokemon of the same type into MBlaziken. So in Spewpa stage when I took MBlaziken, Scatterbug and Heatran it changed every Heatran into MBlaziken. On 4-Poke stages I prefer taking two fire-type Pokemon because with only one the MBlaziken generation is generally disappointing. It's still a veeery unreliable Mega.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, new EX stages! I got 215 S ranks & unlocked both EX25
Terrakoin
& EX26
Virizion

Well, got the two mentioned above & up to 218. All S-ranks & only needing to catch 213, Goomy, then finish the last few of the new stages. Pretty much used all my coins, so guess I better go back to Meowth & farm while leveling up my new EX Pokemon...& I guess Starmie to have another strong Water type.

Haven't even started Darkrai yet. Might be a good way to farm for coins & leveling up while aiming for the rewards.

Wish they would bring MBanette back. I feel like I'm missing out on the weekend Meowth without it.

And yes new stages are ridiculous, though I guess it's to be expected with the power creep. With 700+ Pokemon there are going to be useless ones on harder stages.

Top Bottom