• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

The description is a total lie - it doesn't erase Pokemon of the same type but rather CHANGES Pokemon of the same type into MBlaziken. So in Spewpa stage when I took MBlaziken, Scatterbug and Heatran it changed every Heatran into MBlaziken. On 4-Poke stages I prefer taking two fire-type Pokemon because with only one the MBlaziken generation is generally disappointing. It's still a veeery unreliable Mega.

Yeah, that's what I thought, since it sort of felt like Slowbro, but the description was so inaccurate and the effect was so inconsistent that I just switched to old, reliable Gengar.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So uh, where's my 2 Attack Power Ups from Mega Garchomp? Will I get them tomorrow or so?

& looks like 220 S-ranks will unlock EX27,
Cobalion
. Thankfully, the last 3 stages seem easy enough if you use a fire team & Mega Blaziken from what I've heard.

So uh, where's my 2 Attack Power Ups from Mega Garchomp? Will I get them tomorrow or so?

& looks like 220 S-ranks will unlock EX27,
Cobalion
. Thankfully, the last 3 stages seem easy enough if you use a fire team & Mega Blaziken from what I've heard.

Don't forget to bring Scatterbug for Spewpa.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ugh, should've gone for the +5 Moves on 218, would've gotten the S-rank.

Also WUT 3 moves for Spewpa? Guess I better get that S-rank & capture Scatterbug first.

Chris1

Haven't even touched the new stages, been working on getting through Darkrai first.

Stage 30 has a bunch of coins on the board at the start & 2 coins spawn after every move.

YourMaster

I've managed to defeat Gothorita itemless by using Gengar, the crowd control bugs and the yellow ghost that has lvl4+. It took 4 tries.

I like the new stages, they are a bit more puzzle like.

Fewr

Beating Darkai over and over again. I'm at lv25 or so.
My team: Heracross, Genesect, Volcarona, Xerneas. I don't know if it's optimal, but it has worked fine so far. I don't think I've finished with less than 7 moves yet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kind of bummed 3/4 of my Darkrai team is all Maxed Pokemon. Need to see who else I can use to level them up.

Also uuggghhhh let me catch you, Scatterbug. Doesn't help I've used up all of my 98k & gonna have to go back to farming Meowth again, but I also need to do Darkrai since I'm only at Lv. 18.

I wonder if, for later levels of Darkrai, it would make sense to use a leveled up Darkrai on the team for the sleep charm and given that it looks like darkrai creates some of himself as disruption on the stage . Or just maybe stick with crowd controls of super effective mons. I dont want to start using lots of mega starts to get to 150. OR, just use a mega evolver that has unbreakable block deletion

Kind of bummed 3/4 of my Darkrai team is all Maxed Pokemon. Need to see who else I can use to level them up.

Also uuggghhhh let me catch you, Scatterbug. Doesn't help I've used up all of my 98k & gonna have to go back to farming Meowth again, but I also need to do Darkrai since I'm only at Lv. 18.

What the hell did you spend 98K on? None of the new stages take more than +5 moves to reasonably S-rank.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The new EX stages. Great Balls. Figured I had the funds, might as well use them to make things easier/not have to replay the new content as much.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Gothorita is such bullshit. Jesus.

Will spend all my hearts on Darkrai from now on until someone finds a way to break that level.

Yeah, I tried DD and +5 Turns and barely broke half HP. That really irked me...

Then I tried later with Mega Gengar and my strongest Pokemon and managed to A Rank it.

Wasn't really worth it though since the later levels have mostly junk Pokemon or make your hair rip out like the last stage.

Darkrai, it is then.

Chris1

What team are people using on Darkrai?

Currently using MHeracross, Volcarona, Xernea, Pinsir and it's starting to get a little difficult at stage 61. Just failed my first stage and when I beat it it's usually pretty close.

Hegarol

Currently using MHeracross, Volcarona, Xernea, Pinsir and it's starting to get a little difficult at stage 61. Just failed my first stage and when I beat it it's usually pretty close.
I am using MLucario, Yveltal, Genesect, Heracross (all MAX). Didn't need items so far and I am at lvl62.

Since I asked this before and didn't get an answer, what's the best way to handle Chesnaught? I'm finding it very difficult and am wondering it there's some trick to it.

LOLDSFAN

MLucario, Xernea, Genesect, Scizor.

I might swap out Heracross for Scizor though since it has a more consistent ability.

ugh, level 75 Darkrai

it begins.... looks as though a random low tier dark type is thrown in to the mix, along with occasional disruptions of actual darkrai icons, but only 2 darkrai icons at a time, and never in contact with eachother, plus the total HP seems to have nearly doubled. Def use attack power up and disruption delay. This is a boss type stage that happens every 25 levels

Chris1

ugh, level 75 Darkrai

it begins.... looks as though a random low tier dark type is thrown in to the mix, along with occasional disruptions of actual darkrai icons, but only 2 darkrai icons at a time, and never in contact with eachother, plus the total HP seems to have nearly doubled. Def use attack power up and disruption delay. This is a boss type stage that happens every 25 levels
Yep gotta use Attack Power and Disruption Delay. Thankfully stages are easier again afterwards and the reward was decent.

5 hearts is a satisfying reward. I was all 'F yea, lets keep going!' three times in the next 5 levels I had some nice combo rng and finished with 10 moves left. feelsgoodman

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Uuuugghhh, so close to defeating Darkrai on Lv. 75 with Attack Power Up & Distortion Delay, but lost.....All I have is one free Mega Start & enough for +5 Moves (which I SHOULD'VE bought to be safe).

........did that free jewel offer end already? It's looking VERY tempting now....

Loptous

Beat everything without items, except for Vivillon so far.

Those catch rates look terrible, but I already got 3 mons at under 20%... so I guess I'm satisfied.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally got Scatterbug, now I can do the next stage.

..........and I probably should've used Mega Gengar instead of Blaziken....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Blaziken, Heatran, & Scatterbug took all 3 moves my first attempt, while sometimes using Mega Gengar results in beating Spewpa without having to make a single move. It's random, though, so maybe if I tried Blaziken again, might result in a better run.

& I gave Blaziken two Mega Speedups as well, so not sure why my first attempt went so awful.

edit: 2nd attempt with Blaziken went AWFUL, didn't even remove 1/4th of Spewpa's health.

Yep gotta use Attack Power and Disruption Delay. Thankfully stages are easier again afterwards and the reward was decent.

I would throw in +5 moves for safety. It's cheap, protects your investment, and extends your disruption delay (at least I think it does, I finished with 11 moves left and never got disrupted).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ugh, my luck with Spewpa has gotten awful. I'm not able to replicate the 0-move clear as often, & more often now getting a pattern that just does NOT want me to lead into a combo frenzy. Even worse, latest attempt had me get a combo on my last move to only end up with a mere one or two matches short of clearing the stage. I just want to catch the damn thing so I can move on.

Chris1

Nearly lost stage 100 with moves+5, attack power and disruption delay, beat it on my very last move. Recommend buying mega start for that stage just to be safe.

Chris1

I've learned after the last escalation stage to just stop at 100. It just doesn't seem worth it to go all the way to 200.

There is another mega speedup at 150 and then 200 again.

I'm only on stage 115 and having trouble with it already for the past 10 or so stages, been failing a decent amount so I'm definitely stopping after 150.

There is another mega speedup at 150 and then 200 again.

I'm only on stage 115 and having trouble with it already for the past 10 or so stages, been failing a decent amount so I'm definitely stopping after 150.

Oh really? Well I might try for 150 then. We'll see.

Took me until level 27 to get Darkrai.

Mega Lucario seems like the best bet since a clear does a lot of damage, though Heracross will give better combos.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
coin levels at 30, 55, 105, 130, 180

I think I might go for level 200, although it will mean investing in moves+5 for every level after 150 excluding 180...
Cool, then I'll go for 55.
Moves+5 payed off at stage 30 I think, got 1800 coins there.

coin levels at 30, 55, 105, 130, 180

I think I might go for level 200, although it will mean investing in moves+5 for every level after 150 excluding 180...

Thanks for the reference. I'll probably quit at 55 too. I'm trying with this stage but then not really. I'll be happy with 55.

SaintRidley

Neo Member
Darkrai up to level 80, new main stages all S-ranked except Vivillon, all caught except Gothorita and Vivillon. New EX stages sitting on the backburner until I have completed my objective with Darkrai (probably by the end of the weekend). And all told, I'm only 12k shy of max coins, most of which came from great balls thrown at good chances with super catch power.

Feeling pretty good.

Okay. I know that this makes me Part of the Problem as far as F2P video game trends go, but I figured, I've played 90 hours of this thing, I might as well show the devs my appreciation by throwing $9 in on it, especially with this 6 bonus jewel deal having been going on, and maybe I could even feel a little more comfortable to play whatever, whenever, however I want in this game for a good long while.

So I received my bonus 6, and now I've got 18 jewels. For the sake of value and effectiveness, do I split that into buying:

1. 80 hearts and 22,000 coins
  2. 38 hearts and 48,000 coins
  3. Buy a bunch of smaller chunks of whatever on an ongoing a la carte basis
  4. Set my 2DS on fire and say a prayer to Mega Gengar lest I be tempted to throw more money into a bottomless pit

Top Bottom