• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Chris1

Okay. I know that this makes me Part of the Problem as far as F2P video game trends go, but I figured, I've played 90 hours of this thing, I might as well show the devs my appreciation by throwing $9 in on it, especially with this 6 bonus jewel deal having been going on, and maybe I could even feel a little more comfortable to play whatever, whenever, however I want in this game for a good long while.

So I received my bonus 6, and now I've got 18 jewels. For the sake of value and effectiveness, do I split that into buying:

1. 80 hearts and 22,000 coins
  2. 38 hearts and 48,000 coins
  3. Buy a bunch of smaller chunks of whatever on an ongoing a la carte basis
  4. Set my 2DS on fire and say a prayer to Mega Gengar lest I be tempted to throw more money into a bottomless pit
With a few items you should be able to beat MGengar, but I don't think hearts are really worth spending the jewels on because of Meowth.

Found this should be pretty helpful for new people. Shows how to S rank every stage and how the stage looks: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...LUsd13HXBx9ck_klASiNKrGVck/edit#gid=298374340

With a few items you should be able to beat MGengar, but I don't think hearts are really worth spending the jewels on because of Meowth.

Found this should be pretty helpful for new people. Shows how to S rank every stage and how the stage looks: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...LUsd13HXBx9ck_klASiNKrGVck/edit#gid=298374340

I've long since beaten Mega Gengar and know well of his glories, sorry if I worded that oddly! I'm on Stage 184 right now, and Mega Glalie and Mega Mewtwo were the only two serious roadblocks I've had with the game so far. I just wanted to finally give the developers something, and especially with the jewel promotion, I figured I'd like to have a bit more wiggle room with the game beyond just playing 20-30 minutes at a time, slowly chipping away at stages.

Darkrai 150 beaten. really wasnt to painful. going to take a break from escalation to concentrate on some main stages and farm more coins. I'm getting that speedup from level 200

Hegarol

Darkrai 150 beaten. really wasnt to painful. going to take a break from escalation to concentrate on some main stages and farm more coins. I'm getting that speedup from level 200
I beat 125 this morning. But I will stop at 150. I don't value the speedups so much that I would be willing to blast through the 75k coins left.

I hear ya, but as long as I grind back up to ~90K coins in the 5-6 days then I dont feel too bad about the ~37K investment for the speedup (assuming each moves+5 cost a net of 770, and then account for stage 180 which should net me ~1200)

daydream

Banned
decided to spend a mega speedup on gengar just to see how it works

making slow progress on the new stages, got two s-ranks so far. stuck on gothorita.

edit: nm, moved on. these catch rates, though..

Chris1

Anyone got any tips for stage 140~ish? MLucario, Heracross, Genesect and Pinsir just isn't working any more for me. Failed 4 of my hearts, he has far too much hp now to beat him consistently without a lucky board or lucky combos.

I realise I'm not the first person to say this but seriously, Gothorita, what the fuck?

That can't be possible without items. I used a team full of 90+ super-effective Pokémon and barely hit half its HP.

Dont forget you need to go all-in for 200 and probably everything sans C-1 for 175.

good point.

my game clock's at 254. With Gothorita i used good ol M Gengar with MAX Yveltal, Genesect, and Giratina. got some decent combo luck but Gengar took care of the complexity

daydream

Banned
I realise I'm not the first person to say this but seriously, Gothorita, what the fuck?

That can't be possible without items. I used a team full of 90+ super-effective Pokémon and barely hit half its HP.

i a-ranked it earlier without too many difficulties after struggling for a while

just gotta get lucky with the combos, i guess

Shut up! :D Whats your playtime?

Nearly 90 hours, so I'm not exactly smelling of roses here =)

i a-ranked it earlier without too many difficulties after struggling for a while

just gotta get lucky with the combos, i guess

Even when I got decent combos (which was rare with its constant awkward disruptions) it seemed to make no dent into its HP at all. So unbalanced, this one! Will just Complexity-1 to get it done, I think.

Chris1

I really don't understand how you're only 90 hours toy when you're up to date. You must be the most efficient shuffler ever lol

200:55 hours here, 1,370 times played and 0:08 average play time. I don't use sleep mode hence my massive times played but I have left my DS on a few times and fell asleep with shuffle up waiting for hearts to respawn.

tauroxd

i just wanted to say: fuck Scatterbug , Spewpa y Vivillion... I love thah Pokémon line, I used it in Pokémon Y, now I hate those fuckers... I'm on Vivillion but I dicided to farm coins with Meowth (that's the way one farms coins, right? 110 coins per round.) with the team I'm using on Vivillion to also level them up.

Chris1

i just wanted to say: fuck Scatterbug , Spewpa y Vivillion... I love thah Pokémon line, I used it in Pokémon Y, now I hate those fuckers... I'm on Vivillion but I dicided to farm coins with Meowth (that's the way one farms coins, right? 110 coins per round.) with the team I'm using on Vivillion to also level them up.

Go for a 4 match it's pretty easy and you'll get 330 coins per round. 5 match is a little trickier but still possible.

I really don't understand how you're only 90 hours toy when you're up to date. You must be the most efficient shuffler ever lol

I do try and play quite efficiently, haha. Playing as efficiently as possible is actually what I find fun about the game at the moment. I'll only play a stage more than twice if it's taking a while to catch or beat something. Basically the first attempt is to get the lay of the land, and the second attempt is to play it with as few items as I need to to S-rank it. Then the rest of my time on Meowth.

I haven't spent any time on Escalation battles really, which is the real time-sink. All the time it takes to do the stages, on top of all the time it takes to Meowth your coins back up again for what, to me, seems barely like a reward!

daydream

Banned
at 70-80h, i still haven't spent a single heart to grind meowth and i'm relatively up-to-date

really, the only thing i'm behind on is ex pokemon (haven't caught one from genesect onwards), and that's it

the worst thing about being on vacation is missing the login bonus, though. that's like close to 20k coins i've missed now. at least you don't have to download anything to cycle through victini/meowth on the weekends and whatnot, it preloads that stuff with the last batch of 'extra data'

Its all about the setup. Try using one fighting, one ghost and two other pokemon. That way you can do dmg depending on the situation.

I like a Crowd Control Pokémon for Meowth. As long as you're slightly careful not to get a 4x match too soon, it means you can basically do whatever damage you want while you're moving coins around for 7 turns and still be able to complete the stage.

Crowd Control seems to activate every single time with a match of 4+, or at least it feels that way.

tauroxd

Its all about the setup. Try using one fighting, one ghost and two other pokemon. That way you can do dmg depending on the situation.

I like a Crowd Control Pokémon for Meowth. As long as you're slightly careful not to get a 4x match too soon, it means you can basically do whatever damage you want while you're moving coins around for 7 turns and still be able to complete the stage.

Crowd Control seems to activate every single time with a match of 4+, or at least it feels that way.

Thanks for the advice!

YourMaster

I managed to beat Vivillon with 4 moves left. Used no items, Blaziken, Braixen, Heatran and Charizard. Took several attempts, really luck based for me. This time I did not use/need the Stabilize+, but finally had a burn right before some very big Blaziken-combo's.

Done with stage 100. How much harder is it to reach 150?

It's really not bad. Using a maxed out M Lucario, Genesect, Xerneas, Heracross team you should only need items on 125 and 150

also lol I do not spend 33% of my life sleeping, also I have no regrets. this is a lovely passive sort of game that I enjoy during periods in a queue or decompressing after exercise or while watching some live sports. Even grinding for coins is fun for me. I am a surgeon when it comes to getting 530 coins from 37 meowth. I average ~2K per 5 hearts lately.

Managed 8,000 on Meowth today, my new record!

Also, I'm back totally up to date as far as I can tell. No one has more than 291 caught, right?

WVW69iUX2R0N8BD0iP

Main stages, 220 S-ranked and all Pokémon caught
Expert stages, 27 Pokémon caught
Special stages, all Pokémon caught and all Mega Stones won

15,100 coins to play with, and another 48,000 in jewels if I need 'em. Just under 91 hours on the clock!

$0 spent.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I tried Meowth with Mega Gengar instead of Banette + ghost team today and it was devastating, like 2500 coins devastating. Bronette 4 lyfe.
Is it worth it to spend my 5 Mega Speedups on it? I mean, does it evolve quicker with each one I use, ore only if I use them until maxed out?

Managed 8,000 on Meowth today, my new record!

Also, I'm back totally up to date as far as I can tell. No one has more than 291 caught, right?

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69iUX2R0N8BD0iP[IMG]

Main stages, 220 S-ranked and all Pokémon caught
Expert stages, 27 Pokémon caught
Special stages, all Pokémon caught and all Mega Stones won

15,100 coins to play with, and another 48,000 in jewels if I need 'em. Just under 91 hours on the clock!

$0 spent.[/QUOTE]
Looking very similar here, except 0 jewels.
Who would have thought that a pokeyman f2p game would be my second most played game this year? :(

Edit: also that troll pic, lol. Couldn't fit Phione in there? ;)

Chris1

I tried Meowth with Mega Gengar instead of Banette + ghost team today and it was devastating, like 2500 coins devastating. Bronette 4 lyfe.
Is it worth it to spend my 5 Mega Speedups on it? I mean, does it evolve quicker with each one I use, ore only if I use them until maxed out?

1 Mega speedup = 1 less icon you need to match.

Banette needs 27 icon , so if you use 5 on it you'll only need 22 until mega evolve. With a maximum of 8 on it, it'd only need 19 icons to evolve.

I've got my Banette maxed out with speedups and it helps a bit. Not sure who to use my other two on, I might save up a bit and use them on Aerodactyl since I think stages are gonna require his ability a lot. When his megastone first came out he seemed useless but there's been a few stages since that's required him. Maybe Blaziken but he already evolves super fast.

I went ahead and used 4 mega speedups on Lucario, been consistently passing Darkrai stages passed 150 without items. Ill see what happens after 175

Chris1

Just caught Virizion using only +10 seconds. Super catch power is amazing, saves so many coins getting a good catch % on expert pokemon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, used Distortion Delay, Mega Start, & Attack Power Up, but couldn't beat Darkrai lv. 100. Probably should've used a Moves +5 as well. Back to grinding coins on Meowth again.

Is that buy 6, get 6 free Jewel deal still going on?

Chris1

Bah, used Distortion Delay, Mega Start, & Attack Power Up, but couldn't beat Darkrai lv. 100. Probably should've used a Moves +5 as well. Back to grinding coins on Meowth again.

Is that buy 6, get 6 free Jewel deal still going on?

That promo ended on August 16th.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, damn it. & the one time I was thinking of actually dropping money on the game. Oh well, still got over a week on Darkrai, think I'll be able to reach at least 125 by then.

LOLDSFAN

Finished Darkrai lvl 100 and I don't think I'll go any further. Spending thousands of coins for 125 and 150 won't be worth it for just one more Mega Speedup.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mega Venusaur again, 15 moves instead of timed.

Top 30,000: 1 Attack Power Up
Top 25,000: Venusaurite (or extra jewel if you already have it)
Top 2,000: Mega Speedup

Everyone else: 1 Disruption Delay

& the Daily Pokemon are Rotom AGAIN.

Top Bottom