• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Growlie19

Beat level 150 on Darkrai, and that's where I'm gonna stop. I'll gladly take the three speed ups and 10 hearts (plus the bonus speed up from the password). I'm down to 50 coins, so it's time to grind for a while.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Need to beat Darkrai 125 (how many items should I use?) & try to aim for 150, then I'm good. Placed 625 on Mega Venusaur, so I think I should be good on that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ah, okay, think I should be able to reach 150 by the 31st, then. Just need the coins for Moves +5 & hopefully will clear it, then re-earn some coins via playing 126-149 & Weekend Meowth.

It's a bit harder now to farm for coins & such now that I work part-time, though thankfully have some time to play during my break.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WHAT THE HELL, I did absolutely horrible on Weekend Meowth with my usual Ghost team. Only got 1100, which translates to 300 coins since I use Moves +5.

Wow, I thought I had a rubbish game with 3400 (2600).

A good Banette game is better than a good Gengar game, but a bad Banette game is waaaaay worse than a bad Gengar game I guess.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I need to start giving Banette more Mega Speedups (only has 3 right now) considering I maxed out Lucario which has been helpful on Darkrai.

Speakin' of which, on lv. 150. Just need to get the coins for most of the items to clear the stage & then I'm done. Maybe try to get a better score on Mega Venusaur considering I'm almost at rank 1,000.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
SCREW YOU GAME, I WASTED 4 ITEMS/7300 COINS TO FAIL DARKRAI LV. 150 WITH ONE OR TWO MOVES REMAINING & NO TIME TO FREELY REEARN MY COINS VIA MEOWTH STAGE BEFORE IT ENDS.

I might finally have to give in & buy 6 jewels, but god this sure is frustrating on an already annoying day.

SCREW YOU GAME, I WASTED 4 ITEMS/7300 COINS TO FAIL DARKRAI LV. 150 WITH ONE OR TWO MOVES REMAINING & NO TIME TO FREELY REEARN MY COINS VIA MEOWTH STAGE BEFORE IT ENDS.

I might finally have to give in & buy 6 jewels, but god this sure is frustrating on an already annoying day.

That's how they get ya

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I had 10 spare hearts, but even if I got 330 coins each, I only would've gotten 3,300 coins. Least I got enough left over to use on Mega Venusaur if I need to ensure I stay above 2,000 (at 1,170 right now).

Now hopefully this'll be the ONLY time I spend money on this game.

I had 10 spare hearts, but even if I got 330 coins each, I only would've gotten 3,300 coins. Least I got enough left over to use on Mega Venusaur if I need to ensure I stay above 2,000 (at 1,170 right now).

Now hopefully this'll be the ONLY time I spend money on this game.

Think about what you're spending $5 on... one Mega Speed-up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, that's true, but it would've bugged me to no end that I couldn't clear just ONE more stage considering how I've pretty much gotten everything else so far.

Plus it also ensured my spot to get a second one, which I'll use on Banette to make it easier to Mega evolve him for Weekend Meowth, therefore increasing my chances of getting coins.

Guess if there's nothing new tomorrow, I'll focus on trying to S-rank stage 220 & then the newest EX stage will unlock.

LOLDSFAN

Aaaaaand that's why I stopped at 100. :p

Tried Salamence and Braviary but Sky Blast was very hard to proc. Only got 35k.

Tried again with all Fire and Pyre would proc on a 3 match. 45k.

OmegaX

That's why you should go all in. I did with with Mega Heracross and had a few turns to spare.

this is why I use jewels to extend time/turns on rare occasions (separate from the capture rates they can improve). the investment of coins is too much and time contraints may factor in, plus I just want to be done with the damn stage.

I tend to get 2 jewels/month from streetpassing I dont homepass) and then theres those achieved through natural gameplay and competitions

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Update for the week:

- Lugia has been added, 30 second stage, ends 9/14
- Carnivine is another "Try 'Em Items" stage, 1 minute stage, ends 9/12
- ANOTHER DAMN POKEMON SAFARIRepeat Safari of Spinda, Carvanha, Cherubi, & co., ends 9/14

CassSept

Update for the week:

- Lugia has been added, 30 second stage, ends 9/14
- Carnivine is another "Try 'Em Items" stage, 1 minute stage, ends 9/12
- ANOTHER DAMN POKEMON SAFARI, ends 9/14

What a weird set.

Is this Safari a repeat? First Poke I came across was Spinda.

Second was Cherubi so seems like it?

daydream

Banned
new safari, great. now i wish i hadn't spent my coins to s-rank a regular stage

well, as long as it's more like the second safari and doesn't pull another phione, it'll be fine

What a weird set.

Is this Safari a repeat? First Poke I came across was Spinda.

Second was Cherubi so seems like it?

a repeat would be great right about now!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, it appears to be a repeat Safari. I got Carvanha on my first attempt.

So basically, I recall Bug Pokemon was the way to go.

Wow, you can try 4 items on Carnivine's stage. Mega Start, Disruption Delay, Attack Power Up, & Complexity -1.....& I won in about 14 seconds & got a 50% catch rate.

CassSept

Errr Carvanha is so weird. 4 items available immediately, 1 min stage, on my first try I was left with 41 secs, 44% catch rate. Of course it broke out.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Carnivine is amazingly easy. 2nd attempt, I won in SEVEN seconds with a 56% catch rate. Nowhere near as frustrating as Wobbuffet. But you can only get coins from it once. Afterwards, you get nothing.

Stats are base attack
with ability
Risk-Taker

Carnivine is amazingly easy. 2nd attempt, I won in SEVEN seconds with a 56% catch rate. Nowhere near as frustrating as Wobbuffet. But you can only get coins from it once. Afterwards, you get nothing.

Better than getting 1 coin every time.

Is the safari definitely a repeat? Like, they haven't sneakily thrown a 1% encounter rate Pokémon in there as extra to the repeated ones have they?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It would appear to be a repeat of the first Safari, from what I'm hearing.

Also Lugia doesn't seem to be that hard, but it really helps to have at the very least Attack Power Up & Distortion Delay, maybe Mega Start as well. Bring in one of the Mega Electric pokemon, I don't think Aerodactyl will be of much use if you have Distortion Delay.

From what I've heard, Lugia has base attack
& a very helpful
Eject+
, which makes me wish I succeeded in catching Lugia on my previous 2 attempts.

Is the safari definitely a repeat? Like, they haven't sneakily thrown a 1% encounter rate Pokémon in there as extra to the repeated ones have they?

That one coin was clutch for anyone with OCD who had previously maxed their coins and wanted "0" as their final digit again.

That being said, those people are probably glad it's not one coin again.

welp already cap'd the two newbies.

Lugia I got away with just using the free +10 secs i got from the passcode and a mega start. AP up and DD wouldve made it trivial but great for a high catch rate. thankfully I got a super catch rate first try so it bumped it from 8% standard ball to 56% mega ball. Excited to level up Lugia and Braviary toward a maxed out flying team. Waiting on that flying type mega stone...

Ugh forgot about the end of the competition and ranked #2200 something, just missing out on the Speedup.

Carnivine is so easy so of course I fail 3 times at 50 or more percent.

Hegarol

Yes, confirmed by pastebin. Sharpedo is 3.3% encounter rate.

Also the Emboar stage starts this Friday.

Machine

Wow, Carnivine and Lugia were easy. Now back to coin farming. I still have several stages to S-rank so I can get all the recent EX stages.

SaintRidley

Neo Member
Repeat safari is nice. Means I don't have to think about that at all. Caught Terrakion and Virizion yesterday, Carnivine and Lugia today. Now just to accumulate coins and train up some of my level 1 mons to be better use down the line.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For those who downloaded the mobile version, if you enter the passcode 65607110, you'll get the stone for Mega Lucario. & no, I tried it on the 3DS version, it does nothing.

colinp

Banned
What level Pokemon should I have before tackling hard Lucario or special event Mew? I just started the iOS version and am not sure where I should be focusing my energies. I just hit optimize at the start of each level. Is that a good idea?

Top Bottom