• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Chris1

What level Pokemon should I have before tackling hard Lucario or special event Mew? I just started the iOS version and am not sure where I should be focusing my energies. I just hit optimize at the start of each level. Is that a good idea?
For the most part yes. There will be a few situations where you need to take a specific mega pokemon or a NVE support pokemon but majority of the time optimizing should be fine.

Lucario is probably best left until later and I don't think I had much trouble with Mew on 3ds. I would just continue focusing through the main stages until you get some stronger pokemon then go back to them when you feel ready.

Dinjoralo

I'm glad to see that the mobile version runs nice. Lots of phone games like this have annoying menus that run at a really low framerate, and constantly pop up with loading screens whenever you do anything.

Though it seems like they tweaked how much things cost, so buying hearts and coins with jewels gets you more than in the 3DS version. They also made items cost a bit more than they do on the 3DS, but you get coins for free at about the same speed.

Eh. Gib HD 60 FPS pokeymans plox.

The only performance issue I have with the mobile version is I get graphics bugs like so:
whosthatpokemon_zpsivjvthft.jpg

Mega Bulbasaur confirmed
As amusing as this can be it sure makes things very confusing and manual team editing a total nightmare.

What level Pokemon should I have before tackling hard Lucario or special event Mew? I just started the iOS version and am not sure where I should be focusing my energies. I just hit optimize at the start of each level. Is that a good idea?
Stages 21-30 have some Ghost, bug and dark Pokemon so catching and bringing those will make things easier against Mew.

I take back what I said about Lugia being beatable without items. The ice is too cumbersome to remove and the disruptions kill any combos. 30 seconds is barely enough time to evolve your Mega. Closest I've gotten is about 1/4 left.

Will grind coins and then use Attack Power on it. Maybe DD and Mega Start too.

Etria

Do you guys know if progress from the 3DS game can be transferred to the mobile version? Just started it up and it asked me if I wanted to start from the beginning or transfer data. From what though?

Rayquaza is worth 700 coins the "first" time you beat it, so worth doing even if you've caught it before. Takes a bit longer than Meowth but it's a better coins-per-heart rate if you're grinding. Well, for that one battle anyway.

Hegarol

Do you guys know if progress from the 3DS game can be transferred to the mobile version? Just started it up and it asked me if I wanted to start from the beginning or transfer data. From what though?
Not possible. You can only transfer from other mobile versions.

Chris1

Though it seems like they tweaked how much things cost, so buying hearts and coins with jewels gets you more than in the 3DS version. They also made items cost a bit more than they do on the 3DS, but you get coins for free at about the same speed.

Not surprised they made it a little more pay to win. Sucks for mobile people but I fully expected it. They can get away with that shit more than on 3ds.

Elija2

Finally caught Vivillon. Ended up spending 20,000 coins just on Great Balls to try to catch it.

Can't wait to never use it.

I just started playing this on iOS. Are the daily Pokemon really lame on the 3DS version too? Three days and three different versions of Rotom.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think that's the 2nd time they've repeated Rotom as well, so they might either start from the beginning & have a separate cycle from the 3DS version or just run it along side the 3DS version & they're both the same.

So earlier in another thread I saying how on the phone version 1st time completion of a stage was 200 coins and repeats 20. Well I'm in the 40s now and the 1st time completion of a stage is now worth 100 coins.

I've not spent a single coin yet and still can't afford the 9500 coins complexity-1 costs (moves+5 is 1000 and disruption delay is 2000).

So let's see more expensive items, less coins earned which become even less as stages advance (which is when you start needing items). What a shit show. Thats not to also add the random crashes which I imagine will consume items used along with the stamina.

tl;dr. The phone version will become a sick joke once stages demand item usage.

So earlier in another thread I saying how on the phone version 1st time completion of a stage was 200 coins and repeats 20. Well I'm in the 40s now and the 1st time completion of a stage is now worth 100 coins.

I've not spent a single coin yet and still can't afford the 9500 coins complexity-1 costs (moves+5 is 1000 and disruption delay is 2000).

So let's see more expensive items, less coins earned which become even less as stages advance (which is when you start needing items). What a shit show. Thats not to also add the random crashes which I imagine will consume items used along with the stamina.

tl;dr. The phone version will become a sick joke once stages demand item usage.

Does it cost the same to buy jewels as on the 3DS version?

Also, I seem to recall the major money-making in early days of the 3DS version came from saving up 12 jewels through playing the game and then trading for coins, as well as the bug which gave you 1,000 coins for beating Mew every day, but that was a bit of a cheat. Other than that it was probably as grindy as the phone one is.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just started playing. Really don't like how it takes a heart just for playing.

Helper said she saw a 4 combo but I couldn't for the life of me see it. It highlighted 3 pokemons.

Pokemaniac

Woo, caught Lugia!

Also fuck Mobile. Why did I even start.

I started playing the mobile version, but, after playing that for a little bit, I realized that playing both that and the 3DS version was pointless, and promptly stopped before I had the chance to get too invested in it.

Any tips for a newb?

I'm failing to catch on 87% etc :(

That happens now and then, just gotta suck it up and try again. Biggest tip is never use coins unless you absolutely need to, because you'll want them later. If you're close to beating a Pokémon, just level up rather than spend coins. Also, don't worry about catching stuff, just keep storming through the stages until you get to something you can't beat, then go back and catch stuff - your team will be stronger than it was first time round and so you'll beat it in fewer moves and catch it easier.

joelseph

Does S ranking a stage matter?

Do you get set amounts of coins per win depending on who you are facing?

Are gems only awarded at the end of a "board"?

Are the status abilities good to level up?

Does S ranking a stage matter?

Do you get set amounts of coins per win depending on who you are facing?

Are gems only awarded at the end of a "board"?

Are the status abilities good to level up?

S-ranking certain numbers of stages unlocks harder "expert" levels which have time limits.

Yes

Yes, and as gifts now and then or for beating certain "special" stages and competitions.

You can't level up abilities.

Are pokemon with certain abilities more beneficial? ie Pokemon with status abilities vs opportunity.

It's difficult to say, as lots of abilities are useful in different situations. Play a stage to see what its quirks are, and then use that knowledge to pick which abilities to take into a stage.

Note that only the first match you make in a combo will have its ability triggered, which means the Pokémon token you physically move with the stylus. Also, abilities don't trigger 100% of the time, it's random, but they trigger more often with matches of four tokens and above.

Oxx

I need to get my things in order.

I've been stuck on Aegislash for ages.

I have been doing a lousy job of earning mega-stones on the Special stages, so I'm sure my line-up is sub-optimal.

colinp

Banned
Anyone help me with the mew stage? Or should I wait till im a higher lvl

I had the same question at the top of this page and got this advice from Starwolf:

Stages 21-30 have some Ghost, bug and dark Pokemon so catching and bringing those will make things easier against Mew.

ZeroAKA

Did the mobile version increase the difficulty? I don't remember having this much trouble catching Pokemon in the 3DS version.

Etria

I started playing the mobile version, but, after playing that for a little bit, I realized that playing both that and the 3DS version was pointless, and promptly stopped before I had the chance to get too invested in it.

This. Spent a day on it and it just felt too different. Back to the superior 3DS version :p

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I had the same question at the top of this page and got this advice from Starwolf:

Thanks

Did the mobile version increase the difficulty? I don't remember having this much trouble catching Pokemon in the 3DS version.

Apparently lowered the capture rate vs the 3DS, I'm having trouble catching torchic and togepi

Kind of odd, had trouble beating a Pokemon earlier and the game suggested I go back and catch Charmeleon to make it easier, but didn't put him in my party when I went back to the stage and picked optimize.

Chris1

Kind of odd, had trouble beating a Pokemon earlier and the game suggested I go back and catch Charmeleon to make it easier, but didn't put him in my party when I went back to the stage and picked optimize.

That just tells you a super effective pokemon you haven't caught yet. Optimizing picks SE pokemon with the highest AP

So my game wouldn't update so on mobile so i screenshot my transfer code and uninstalled then reinstalled it. Entered transfer code and it isn't working :|

Cbajd5

And this is why mobile gaming disgusts me. It's so money grabbing
Eh, it's up for two weeks so it's not like you won't get plenty of chances with just the naturally regenerating hearts. (Although I just used a great ball to catch it with my second play of the stage at 96% since I did okay (10% default plus 3%*5 turns left to get 25% chance) and got the super catch power.)

Now what I'm really worried about are the Mega Stone competitions since the update notes for the update a few hours ago mentioned adding the competitive stages. Those will be a money sink if you want the stones since coins aren't as easy to get with no mega stage jewels. I don't think I've gotten above 10K coins with only a few great ball uses. (And I'm up to Mega Glalie which has become a serious block for me, even using the free Mega Boost didn't help.)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, having to spend TWO hearts on one stage? Ugh, sure hope the 3DS version doesn't resort to that....

Emboar wasn't too bad. Beat him with 10 moves left on my first attempt & got a super catch rate. Though being attack base
& with the ability
Barrier Bash
makes me wonder if I should bother leveling him up.

Edit: Yeah, I already have Lv. 8 Heatran, Lv. 9 Blaziken, Lv. 7 Entei & Moltress, & Lv. 5 Ninetales. I guess I could level him up in case I fight a Pokemon which Emboar's ability would be handy.

Top Bottom