• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Blank!

Does S ranking event Pokemon matter at all? Goggle says it doesn't but I want to be sure.
Got super lucky and managed to beat and catch Groudon on my first try but I have yet to defeat Kyogre; fewer moves and Ampharos taking so long to mega evolve are making these stage a bit frustrating. I just hope the rng gods will favor me once finally I beat it...

Kyogre took me a lot of tries. Groudon was also kind of a bastard. I did REALLY well and had like a 25% chance to catch him a few times and missed. Then I beat him with 0 turns left and caught him with less than 10%. Go figure.

I didn't use Ampharos for Kyogre either.

I'm now ~10 stages left from beating the main story (150 total atm for mobile, right?) and will then probably go back and star catching the mega's I missed. Unsure what really is worth getting at this point and not looking forward to getting these guys to level 10. Leveling up seems incredibly slow.

38,000~ in the comp, which puts me 2,990th. It's top 3,500 for the SpeedUp and I'm pretty sure I'm going to fall outside that by the end... doesn't matter really though, Basiclly guaranteed a Sharpedonite and that's all I was after!

Chris1

38,000~ in the comp, which puts me 2,990th. It's top 3,500 for the SpeedUp and I'm pretty sure I'm going to fall outside that by the end... doesn't matter really though, Basiclly guaranteed a Sharpedonite and that's all I was after!

42.5k, rank 1057 and need top 2.5k for mega speedup. Got a feeling I'm gonna have to do a third all item run to try and secure top 2.5k since I usually drop 1k ranks in the last 12 hours but this has been a funny competition, being pretty much half the score of the top 5.

Any idea what next weeks update will be? Ho-oh i'm guessing?

Hegarol

Any idea what next weeks update will be? Ho-oh i'm guessing?
I don't think we are due for new stages but I could see them doing a new escalation battle, a mega-repeat and start the second Gen VI starter line.

Before Ho-oH I would rather like some of the missing legends from the dex.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder why we haven't got the rest of the Regis yet. And I seriously want my Ho-oh :[

Lkr

started playing this on iOS. is it identical on 3DS? just wondering if i need to bother with it on there as well. really wish it was a full puzzle release, im having a blast and need a good puzzle game :(

Chris1

started playing this on iOS. is it identical on 3DS? just wondering if i need to bother with it on there as well. really wish it was a full puzzle release, im having a blast and need a good puzzle game :(
No, 3ds is further along and much less pay to win. From what I've heard the 3ds version is far better than the mobile version, but if you start it now you're pretty much months behind and may struggle in some of the competitions or later stages.

Azuran

Banned
Caught Kyogre earlier today on mobile and it feels good knowing I can finally stop worrying about that. Now I'll probably catch some better Pokemon before I take on Groudon because the less stress the better.

Ondore

Going to be going after Xerneas at some point. Don't have Dialga. Is my best bet Mawile, the Nido family and Klefki then?

Edit: Dangit, forgot Jirachi. I do have him.

Camjo-Z

I've been playing the mobile version for the past few days and it's astounding how much more greedy and stingy it is compared to the 3DS version. 5 hearts for beating a boss instead of a jewel, higher great ball prices, bullshit catch rates... if it weren't so much more convenient to play on mobile, I'd have dropped it already. Definitely never going to spend any money on it though, I learned my lesson after wasting both my free jewels on coins trying to catch Lucario with Super Catch chance at 70+% and missing 4 TIMES, only to get him on a way lower catch rate immediately afterwards.

Cbajd5

Next set of daily Pokemon (the set with Pachirisu) and Diancie on mobile.

So I guess download events will be shared across both versions? Mobile says it's for the 3DS version reaching 5 million downloads. You get a Jewel for beating Diancie too.

Hegarol

Caught Diancie in my second try. Actually glad there is nothing else so I can level the new mega and some other not yet MAX Pokemon.

Anyone know the Pokemon they added at #306? Can't identify the icon.

If you prefer to spend the next week farming and/or leveling and want to get Diancie in a hurry, Mega Start is cheaper than a great ball and Mega Mawille on this stage makes it trivial

I'm no longer no items. I used a great ball on Diancie as I had a really good run and it broke out at odds >50% so great ball brought that up to guaranteed catch.

I wish there was a way to turn off the mega evolution music. It is the same problem Pokemon Link Battle had. Great BGM but you'll never hear it fully because another theme will play instead.

I like how the game goes from 50 to 70% catch rates to less than 10% all of a sudden. F2P hooks. :/
More useful stuff tends to be harder to catch. Wait until you reach Gengar. I'm having a tough time just beating the stage (a few of my runs have had been "if this was 3DS your HP would be 0") but its catch rate is abysmal on mobile. 0.2% base rate and turns don't give much either (the 3DS rates were not great here either).

BooJoh

I'm stuck on Vivillon, can't spend coins to beat it because I'm struggling to keep just enough coins to make one full-powerup attempt at each competition, haven't unlocked any expert stages past Mewtwo, and with Mega Sharpedo I just barely missed out on the stone, making that the first event Pokemon I've missed.

The game is officially starting to feel more like a chore than it is fun.

Fewr

I'm stuck on Vivillon, can't spend coins to beat it because I'm struggling to keep just enough coins to make one full-powerup attempt at each competition, haven't unlocked any expert stages past Mewtwo, and with Mega Sharpedo I just barely missed out on the stone, making that the first event Pokemon I've missed.

The game is officially starting to feel more like a chore than it is fun.
Focus on Meowth only for a few days. I go for 300 coins each time, and get about 10k per day. In a week I have enough to spend on escalations, special stages, competitions, etc.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Diancie was rather easy, plus a free jewel is nice. Guess I'll go back to grinding for coins since we won't get another new Pokemon until Friday.

Didn't realize Mega Sharpedo ended at 10pm PST but thankfully I checked in the morning (had fallen out of the Speed up threshold) and did another full-item run to get back into the top 3500.

I couldn't get Regirock the first time around but now I got it on my first try lmao

Yeah I just hit "Optimize", and halfway through forgot about the "use 3 Pokemon" trick from last time. But still managed to beat it with turns to spare. Guess that's what stronger Pokemon can do.

Diancie seems to be like the Avalugg stage: if you don't combo it'll freeze the middle 4 spots. Got some bad RNG so needed 4 tries to catch it. Glad it has a good ability and power.

I kind of agree about the power creep in this game. When you're using level 8-10 SE Pokemon and can't beat a stage itemless, it starts to suck the fun away. The abysmally low catch rates in the new stages are discouraging as well. I played Mime Jr. about 7 times and even managed an S-Rank once but couldn't catch it.

I'm finding Diancie quite annoying. Haven't used items and it keeps throwing tons of ice* in really awkward places. I've beat it every time but usually with only 2 or 3 moves left so I haven't caught it yet. Switched Mawile for Gengar and beat it with 9 moves to go, once, but still didn't get it. It's like there's no reason at all for any Mega to exist aside from Gengar, it's so overpowered.

(*not ice)

CassSept

I think that ice spawns are tied to combos just like in, ummm, Avalugg? stage. On my first attempt I did terribly and barely beaten it with 0 moves left, but on the second attempt I focused on getting at least one combo and it was a breeze.

LOLDSFAN

Haven't been playing much as I used to because I've been really busy these past few days.

Surprised I got to #1414 for Sharpedo.

Beat and caught Diancie the first time too.

You know Groudon is pretty danmed annoying. If you can't make the following match you will waste a lot of turns:
Other stages have fixed opening to stop such RNG bullshit.

I'm starting to think I should have thrown great balls at the one time I managed to clear the stage.
Edit: Wait so I manage to beat it, 47% catch rate let's try great balls. All 3 fail and it runs away to save my wasting more coins, how nice.

Edit: Complaining on GAF kinda worked. A few attempts later and it is caught. Still hate how the opening is all in the RNG.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wonder if Registeel will be worth leveling up, I've started to wonder which types are the ones worth leveling up, since some like Normal are almost never used.

Heck, I'm leveling up Steel Pokemon, but Steelix still doesn't have a Mega Stone, & I'm trying to remember when the last time was when I even used that type.

Wonder if Registeel will be worth leveling up, I've started to wonder which types are the ones worth leveling up, since some like Normal are almost never used.

Heck, I'm leveling up Steel Pokemon, but Steelix still doesn't have a Mega Stone, & I'm trying to remember when the last time was when I even used that type.

I level Megas, potential Megas, and stuff with useful skills. You're almost guaranteed to have three strong super-effective Pokémon no matter what you're fighting against, so levelling up specific types seems like a waste of time. There will be times when you want certain skills though, so having those levelled up will be helpful.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I'm trying to just level anyone who has base attack 70+ to around level 8-ish & then anyone who can/has a Mega Evolution so then they can be prepared for when I need them or when I get their stone.

It's just something to do while I grind for coins, but I wanted to make sure I was leveling up Pokemon that would be worth it. Not gonna bother with base attack 60 or less, obviously.

ZenaxPure

Man the catch rate on some of these dudes.

Just picked up the game since it came out on mobile and this nerfed catch rate I keep reading in this thread is killing me. I'm at stage 100 right now but I've been going back to catch guys I missed and right now I am on Combusken and even if you win on the very first turn (which is easily doable since it seems the opening placement of the board is the same every time you do a fight - at least with Combusken) you have a measly 23% chance to catch him. That is seriously absurd given how I assume he isn't even that useful (especially considering I already have guys like Charizard and Moltres). But want him cause... gotta catch 'em all and stuff you know. Oh also the frustration comes from the fact that I usually only play the game 3 times a day (so 15 matches per day) and he has taken me around 25 attempts so far and I have still not caught him. I know I should move on.... But I can't! Fuckkkk meeee.

This game is actually giving me some motivation to try and fix my 3DS, dropped it on the ground at one point and the WiFi stopped working (otherwise the system is fine). From what I read it probably means the WiFi thing in the system came unplugged but I hadn't bothered fixing it cause taking apart a nintendo console is a pain in the ass. This game is pushing me over the edge lol.

SaintRidley

Neo Member
Combusken's probably one of the best fire types available in the mobile version at the moment, due to the lack of Delphox and Mega Blaziken right now. Pyre is that useful.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I can't even beat Blaziken; It's like just that one stage... and Xerneas.
Those two are hard for me to beat for some reason. :/

ZenaxPure

Combusken's probably one of the best fire types available in the mobile version at the moment, due to the lack of Delphox and Mega Blaziken right now. Pyre is that useful.

Well someday he shall be mine. I am actually at the point where I can pretty much do the stage without even looking at my screen since it is just one move (and the same move every time). But RNG hates me.

I also refuse to use a great ball at this point because fuck you pokemon shuffle.

SaintRidley

Neo Member
Didn't need to use Mega Aero to beat it - I had Blaziken beat and captured before Mega Aero even came out. However, it is one tough stage, and I'd say it's harder than Genesect when done itemless.

Top Bottom