• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

also

Banned
Milotic is such BS

Yeah, it's purely RNG based. Tried it once, saw that I needed to get Feebas. Caught Feebas and then beat and caught Milotic on my first retry. Then I attempted the stage 3 more times because I wanted to S rank it but I couldn't even clear it because my Feebas refused to spawn at the top so I always ran out of moves and the board reset to the default position.

Just spent 18,300 coins catching Gothitelle :lol

Escaped from a super-catch at 84%.

This game's really not fun anymore, I basically don't enjoy it at all. I'm just continuing out of habit because I've come too far to stop now, I really wish the new content would dry up so I can stop.

CassSept

The entire Albens Town thus far had been a pain, like early Wacky Workshop. Weak Pokemon with a ton of hp and rarely an interesting gimmick. Yawn.

The entire Albens Town thus far had been a pain, like early Wacky Workshop. Weak Pokemon with a ton of hp and rarely an interesting gimmick. Yawn.

Haha, yeah, that's the worst part. I wouldn't mind all this pain if there was some reward for it but all there is is shit Pokémon you'll never use. It's basically a waste of my time.

I might just sack off main stages now, since they'll never go anywhere, and just play special stages only. Then when I have coins now and then I can just blitz the main stages with all-items and barely have to deal with them at all.

Chris1

so , its only 230 level ? where the reset of the normal levels ?
can i get all of them ?

There are only 230 stages right now yes, each Monday and sometimes Friday there are new stages added. But I wouldn't expect more main stages for another month or so.

BooJoh

Is there a list of new main stages? I'm still stuck on Vivillon but I notice Gallade (one of my faves) and the Klink line (another favorite line of mine) are in the dex, are those in main stages now?

BooJoh

Just spent 18,300 coins catching Gothitelle :lol

Escaped from a super-catch at 84%.

This game's really not fun anymore, I basically don't enjoy it at all. I'm just continuing out of habit because I've come too far to stop now, I really wish the new content would dry up so I can stop.
Sort of feeling the same. At times it's enjoyable but needing to constantly keep up with events and keep my coins up for competitions and such without spending any real money is such a chore.

Thanks.

L.O.R.D

There are only 230 stages right now yes, each Monday and sometimes Friday there are new stages added. But I wouldn't expect more main stages for another month or so.

so , after i catch all 230 pokemon and get S rank for all of them and finish all expert stages..i should wait
the update from the eshop of update from inside the game ? its been long time since i updated from the eshop

Chris1

so , after i catch all 230 pokemon and get S rank for all of them and finish all expert stages..i should wait
the update from the eshop of update from inside the game ? its been long time since i updated from the eshop
If you check in and there's an update it'll download it. I don't think I've ever downloaded an update from the eshop directly?

also

Banned
Farming Meowth on mobile is such a pain. It's especially frustrating when he places a rock disruption on a coin so sometimes you can't even get a match of 3 and only earn 20 coins.

On another note, all the top 5 spots of the EU leader board are people with a score of 9999999 and a beginner's team; squirtle, phanpy, current event Pokemon. They've been up all day; guess the admins have the weekend off.
I currently have an itemless score of ~9,5k, placed at around 40k. Will do a full item run later on because I doubt I'm going to hold my position. BTW, what kind of team do you recommend for mobile? I was thinking of going with Kyogre, Groudon, Aurorus (all 70 base power, super effective) and mega Slowbro.

On another note, all the top 5 spots of the EU leader board are people with a score of 9999999 and a beginner's team; squirtle, phanpy, current event Pokemon. They've been up all day; guess the admins have the weekend off.
Makes a mockery of the message I get when trying to enter that event saying that rooted devices are barred from events in the name of fairness, clearly that has not deterred cheaters (and some are daft enough to go for max score). On the other hand I don't have to worry at all about events.

Elija2

Thank god I caught Gothitelle my first time beating her. Would have hated if I had to spend coins on her again. I'm already down to 10k coins after having 50k just yesterday!

The normal stages drain your coins so you'll have to buy jewels for the competitions. That's some bull. Thank god I did the M-Charizard Y stage first.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, I tried a team similar to what I saw on the top 5 rankings, but placed around 2500, so think I'm gonna try again with an Optimized team, but maybe still keep Mega Gengar.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, did MUCH better on Mega Charizard & now ranked in the 800s. Now hopefully I can stay above 3,500 over the week.

Pokemaniac

I just got Registeel by a pretty good stroke of luck. I managed an itemless clear with 1 turn remaining, which was a pretty good stroke of luck in itself since it only happened because of a bunch of pretty good combos (The team was Mega Garchomp, Heatran, Lucario, and Ninetails, all level 7+ for those curious). The catch rate was still only 4%, but I got a 37% Super Catch Chance, so I decided to go with it, and it actually worked.

By the way, is there a good itemless strategy for Vivillon? I'd rather not resort to items if I don't have to.

Sliggoo is like the poster-child of how shit Shuffle is now. Seven different Pokémon tiles in one stage, wood blocks, ice blocks and disruptions every two turns that lock up 33% of the grid.

Fuck you indeed.

Basically fuck everything about the game now. Does anyone even really still enjoy shuffle?

The stages are either trivially easy or impossibly hard without items. You get essentially no coins for even new stages, meaning you grind meowth forever, just for bad Pokémon you'll never use. Even if a stage has a gimmick you can use to beat it, you have to waste at minimum one heart to even get a look at the stage to find out, and possibly more if you have to waste an attempt to see whether you can use a Pokémon used as a stage disruption to make it easier.

And on top of all that, they removed one weekend meowth because getting coins was clearly too easy.

Syntsui

Did they severely nerfed the catch rate of the expert stages on the mobile version? When I tried to catch Blastoise with 24 seconds left, it didn't go past 13% or something like that.

Blank!

Basically fuck everything about the game now. Does anyone even really still enjoy shuffle?

The stages are either trivially easy or impossibly hard without items. You get essentially no coins for even new stages, meaning you grind meowth forever, just for bad Pokémon you'll never use. Even if a stage has a gimmick you can use to beat it, you have to waste at minimum one heart to even get a look at the stage to find out, and possibly more if you have to waste an attempt to see whether you can use a Pokémon used as a stage disruption to make it easier.

And on top of all that, they removed one weekend meowth because getting coins was clearly too easy.

I'm only a mobile player but the longer I play, the less I see myself playing this game in, I dunno, a month? It just seems so poorly structured as a "free to play" game. I can understand making players grind for coins but **1** level? And such a low amount of coins for your time invested.

5 hearts at 500 coins (and that's pretty damn generous) isn't even enough for 1 great ball attempt on mobile. I dunno, I haven't had trouble catching the event pokemon as of yet, but it certainly sounds like things ramp up to the ridiculous pretty quickly. I doubt my patience will win out.

So putting off grinding to stand a chance vs Mewtwo Y I decided to catch everything else. Just Nidoking, Bronzong and Togekiss left (might skip Togekiss as it is has lol % catch rates on mobile). Nidoking is RNG the game, on some attempts it spams wood disruptions (without a countdown to add insult) while others it does nothing of the sort.

I'm only a mobile player but the longer I play, the less I see myself playing this game in, I dunno, a month? It just seems so poorly structured as a "free to play" game. I can understand making players grind for coins but **1** level? And such a low amount of coins for your time invested.

5 hearts at 500 coins (and that's pretty damn generous) isn't even enough for 1 great ball attempt on mobile. I dunno, I haven't had trouble catching the event pokemon as of yet, but it certainly sounds like things ramp up to the ridiculous pretty quickly. I doubt my patience will win out.

You'd be surprised how strong the urge to catch 'em all is, even when you've begun to hate the game.

L.O.R.D

OK , caught every Pokemon in normal levels , all S rank
and everyone in EX stages
i am thinking to restart in again in the mobile version

Fewr

I find the Meowth grind relaxing. I only have to do it a few times a day.
I might leave this for Pokemon Go when it's out.

Chris1

I don't hate playing the game, but I don't really like it that much either. I just play it because it's something to do and passes the time really but I agree. I'd like to see more stage that looks impossible but is actually like a puzzle. I don't mind having to spend items for S ranks, it's when I have to fork out a good 10k coins just to beat a pokemon with 40 AP that pisses me off.

The past week I've spent probably 70k coins on stages and the Mega Charizard competition (tried this 3 times because my normal team run was a disaster) and I still have 4 pokemon left to catch and 5 S ranks to do. It's not a big deal or anything since I had max coins but 70k coins is a lot considering I'm pretty much still half way through the new content and have nothing to show for it but a bunch of pokemon I'll never use. I could have spent less coins admittedly since some S rank attempts failed badly, but still it's a hefty amount of coins required.

Until it becomes pay to win I'll probably keep playing.

LOLDSFAN

Saw this on my GoNintendo feed and don't know if it's been posted here yet.

Thought it was interesting.

The following info comes from a Famitsu interview with Pokemon president and CEO Tsunekazu Ishihara...
Pokemon Shuffle
- game has reached five million downloads
- was originally intended to be released from the start on smartphones and 3DS
- 3DS demographic is more around those at middle school
- smartphone users are geared more toward adults
- main message they wanted to convey is that the app can be cleared from the start with no charges

I would have thought the demographic for 3DS and smartphone would be switched.

also

Banned
I don't get why they keep stressing that you don't need to spend any money; you see that message every time you boot up the mobile version. Are they afraid their family friendly image will be damaged if people discover their horrible f2p tactics? I wish someone would question them about the changes they made to the mobile version to try and push people to spend more money.

Chris1

BS , no way you can clear the game.....well , maybe just clearing the game without catching most of the pokemon

He's not wrong. You can clear the game and catch every pokemon without spending a penny.

I wouldn't read too much into it, for example if they made the catch rate for a pokemon 0.01% and you could pay $5 to guarantee its capture, technically it's still completable without spending... It just wouldn't be very feasible.

Pokemaniac

BS , no way you can clear the game.....well , maybe just clearing the game without catching most of the pokemon

Nah, you can do it, at least in the 3DS version. I wouldn't have put any money into the game at all if I hadn't want to put a few dollars in to support the developers.

However, we've reached a point where pretty much all the new content sucks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like the next set of main stages we'll get will be the last for the area & will have a Mega Stage, considering we have, what, 20 stages now in this area? 30 seems to be the norm for each area that's been added in via update.

Though I'm guessing aside from the other Regi-Pokemon, we won't get much else new this week. Kind of would like new daily Pokemon again, though betting it'll be a repeat.

Nah, you can do it, at least in the 3DS version. I wouldn't have put any money into the game at all if I hadn't want to put a few dollars in to support the developers.

However, we've reached a point where pretty much all the new content sucks.
I think part of the issue is that when you're someone like me who has EVERYONE collected so far & a fairly strong team along with some Maxed out Pokemon, the new content won't be as good because it's be more for those still starting out, but haven't gotten to the levels with stronger Pokemon &/or gotten the EX stage Pokemon yet. But I still kind of agree with you, as I mainly just hope for new EX stages since that's where the better Pokemon are/worth leveling up.

Though yes, in the 3DS version, aside from getting coins to beat Darkrai lv. 150 a few hours before it ended, I have not spent a single dollar in order to beat the main stages or EX stages.

Yeah, the main stages suck pretty badly. The event stages are alright but Mega Stones have been sucking as well for a while now. Feels like it's just (worse) variations of older Megas tbh.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To be fair, there's only so many abilities they can come up with without said ability breaking the game. If anything, I just want more variety in my Mega Stones. Give me a better Ice Mega Stone, and we still don't have one for Flying, Fairy, or Poison.....though yes, this is what, the third Mega Pokemon with the "makes one more of itself to the left/above" with Sharkpedo?

But again, I think it's for those who missed out on earlier Mega Stone events, i.e. they didn't get the Blaziken one, but might have a better chance of getting the Charizard one now.

I do agree with you guys the latest content (especially the main stages) haven't been all that great, but I'm just trying to see it from the viewpoint of someone who wasn't there right from day one.

To be fair, there's only so many abilities they can come up with without said ability breaking the game. If anything, I just want more variety in my Mega Stones. Give me a better Ice Mega Stone, and we still don't have one for Flying, Fairy, or Poison.....though yes, this is what, the third Mega Pokemon with the "makes one more of itself to the left/above" with Sharkpedo?

But again, I think it's for those who missed out on earlier Mega Stone events, i.e. they didn't get the Blaziken one, but might have a better chance of getting the Charizard one now.

Third with Slowbro, Heracross, yea. At least Charizard Y looks like it'll have something new (erase in Y-shape). Sadly I missed Mega Banette which has the same effect as Mega Mewtwo.

Pokemaniac

I feel like the next set of main stages we'll get will be the last for the area & will have a Mega Stage, considering we have, what, 20 stages now in this area? 30 seems to be the norm for each area that's been added in via update.

Though I'm guessing aside from the other Regi-Pokemon, we won't get much else new this week. Kind of would like new daily Pokemon again, though betting it'll be a repeat.

I think part of the issue is that when you're someone like me who has EVERYONE collected so far & a fairly strong team along with some Maxed out Pokemon, the new content won't be as good because it's be more for those still starting out, but haven't gotten to the levels with stronger Pokemon &/or gotten the EX stage Pokemon yet. But I still kind of agree with you, as I mainly just hope for new EX stages since that's where the better Pokemon are/worth leveling up.

Though yes, in the 3DS version, aside from getting coins to beat Darkrai lv. 150 a few hours before it ended, I have not spent a single dollar in order to beat the main stages or EX stages.

I'm not complaining about the repeats. Those are actually one of the best things right now. I'm complaining that the stages have largely gone to ever increasing levels of crap post-Mega Mewtwo Y. The special stages aren't really better, with a bunch of them that I only have caught due to sheer luck.

Yet I still play this game for some reason.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm not complaining about the repeats. Those are actually one of the best things right now. I'm complaining that the stages have largely gone to ever increasing levels of crap post-Mega Mewtwo Y. The special stages aren't really better, with a bunch of them that I only have caught due to sheer luck.

Yet I still play this game for some reason.
Yeah, that's fair enough, & I do kind of agree with you.There really hasn't been a Pokemon or Mega that's made me go "HOLY CRAP YES, TOTALLY WORTH IT" in quite some time, aside MAYBE Lugia since it was a base attack 80+ Flying, which is a bit rare.

I don't recall mentioning repeats as a complaint (or at least directing it towards you specifically), as like you said, they're great for those who missed out previously, & let's me focus on grinding coins for future updates. & we just got a fair amount of content on Friday.

Pokemaniac

Yeah, that's fair enough, & I do kind of agree with you.There really hasn't been a Pokemon or Mega that's made me go "HOLY CRAP YES, TOTALLY WORTH IT" in quite some time, aside MAYBE Lugia since it was a base attack 80+ Flying, which is a bit rare.

I don't recall mentioning repeats as a complaint (or at least directing it towards you specifically), as like you said, they're great for those who missed out previously, & let's me focus on grinding coins for future updates. & we just got a fair amount of content on Friday.

I got that from the comments about being better for new players. Repeats were the only thing I could think of that are really for new players.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ahhh, gotcha.

Now I wonder how long we'll have to wait for 6 million downloads & if they'll count the amount of mobile downloads towards it as well. As someone that's not following mobile, are they following the same 3DS schedule, starting from the beginning but still doing what the 3DS did, or a completely different pattern?

BooJoh

0oDOQJp.jpg

Do cheaters get banned or anything in this game?

Top Bottom