• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

LOLDSFAN

No way Blaziken is harder than Genesect. Blaziken is doable itemless, even if it requires some luck. Genesect is just evil.
Yeah Genesect was definitely the hardest for me. Max levels and full items and you still might not be able to beat it or catch it.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Lol I was planning on throwing +10Secs on Virizion and speculating on a Super Catch Chance and got it at 1% first try. Sometimes this game makes me feel good :>

Cbajd5

What the hell just happened?

I checked in to get Registeel and also got Mew repeat, MegaZard Y comp and new stages. On Friday?
Sure, why not.

Mobile has next set of Main Stages, Mega Charizard Y competition, and Rayquaza. (Rayquaza is a 2 heart stage.) Top 250,000 get Charizardite Y, 250,001 to 500,000 get Attack Power Up and Jewel, and the rest get a Jewel. You also get 10k coins and an Attack Power Up for logging in.

Chris1

Free Jewel first time you beat Mew too. Fairly big update.

Mega charizard Y says "Compete from players around the world"... please don't tell me this shit is worldwide and still only top 2.5k for speedup?

Edit: So far seems like its still separate leaderboards for EU, USA & JP... what a weird way to word it when Japan and USA have their own leaderboards.

JoeM86

Reports of some messups on Shuffle Mobile

Had people report beating Sawk and getting the Glalitite and 5 Hearts, and beating Mega Sableye and getting nothing

Orgen

First new normal stage (fight type) with my level max team (Mewtwo, Victini and Cresselia) and couldn't beat it... yeah, welcome back bullshit normal stages!!! >_<

Chris1

First new normal stage (fight type) with my level max team (Mewtwo, Victini and Cresselia) and couldn't beat it... yeah, welcome back bullshit normal stages!!! >_<
Take Mega Gengar and you should be fine. If there's a 3 Pokemon stage, Mega Gengar is the best mega 9/10 times.

Turns out Droix4X counts as a rooted device so not entering the Charizard Y competition for me.

Up to Mewtwo Y on the main story and finally have incentive to try...

Registeel is... difficult.

Can't really start comboing until there's like 10 turns left, and by then it's too late to whittle down its HP enough. Gonna have to item this I think.

Try again. I used the same team and beat it comfortably with no items. It's a puzzle game, it is supposed to require thought, especially at stages numbering in the 200s.

Probably not getting a Monday update anyway, as we never have when a big update drops on Friday.

also

Banned
There was another update for the mobile version and it seem it removed the Facebook settings from the tittle screen and main menu.
Guess they find out about the exploit for ''unlimited'' hearts and are trying to stall for time while they are working on a solution. If you're logged in, you're fine and can continue farming... for the time being.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, sure got a lot more today than I was expecting. Not to mention, still got a jewel despite having Mew waaaaay back when it was first available. Just need a 3rd jewel from Mega Charizard competition.

PHEW, got Kirlia on my first attempt at 17%.

....but now I need to get some sleep...

Edit: Staraptor is a pain. Might have to give in & get Complexity -1 & Moves +5 as well...

Ondore

Caught Mew in three moves. Thanks to Cresselia, Darkrai and Sharpedo/the Safari for grinding all my Bugs and Ghosts.

Registeel I did OK with a Gengar/Conkledurr/Garchomp/Ninetales combo but I couldn't catch it. I wonder if we'll be able to leave a Pokemon behind like we could with Regirock?

New stages... great, I still haven't taken on Gothitelle yet. Anyone got to the end yet to see if there's a boss?

Edit: Gothorita, not Gothitelle

Wow, that's a ton of new content. I still haven't beaten the previous main stages as Vivillon is being a bitch. Any of the new main stage pokémon worth it?

I haven't even beaten Gothorita yet haha.

Charizard Y teams are interesting. Don't think Mega Aero will be much use. It's probably Garchomp, Blastoise, or even Gengar.

I assume Mew is a repeat, because the stage was super-easy. Makes you realize how far the game has progressed and how much time you've sunk into it.

Registeel might be beatable without items (I got close a couple times) so Attack Power should be sufficient.

L.O.R.D

start playing the 3DS version , i already have the game on my mobile but i am loving it more in 3DS
this game is soo addicting , this is the first F2P game that does this for me
i didn't understand candy crush games , but n this game is much easier

the EX is very hard , for example , i left 10 seconds and only get 1% , then for the 10 remaining seconds i get nothing , then great ball add another 1%
how this work ?

played the mege charizard Y event , how to check my current position ?
edit : i am on ~2500 , no way i can stay at this position

I assume Mew is a repeat, because the stage was super-easy. Makes you realize how far the game has progressed and how much time you've sunk into it.

Mew was the very very first event. It accidentally gave up 1,000 coins every day for beating it. Good times.

I imagine a lot of people will be playing it tomorrow in the hopes of getting a bonus jewel :lol

Elija2

Beating Mew again gave me the last jewel I needed to cash in for 48k coins. Now I can be comfortable with spending coins again.

L.O.R.D

Yep, easy hacking is in.

WVW69iXRD1c1gRD1tj

Luckily this guy decided to not upload his score, though it would've likely been removed anyway. I expect most of the top scores are hacked but sensible enough to not arouse suspicion.

WTF ? even with hacking no one could do that
you mean they created a real time hacking tool ? i don't get it
500 combo is soo much

BTW , is there any available code for the 3DS version ?
like a code for stone ?

Stage On

Too much new stuff at once. I still had 4 s-ranks to go and 3 ex stages and was grinding coins to do that.

Of course I had to use some of those coins to get Mew and Registeel and the competition will eat more. *sigh*

also

Banned
S-ranks unlock extra levels!
I know that, but they only count once per stage and I want something more related to the Pokemon you S-ranked.
S-ranking a pokemon 10 times *cough* Ninetails *cough* and having nothing to show for it outside of a meager amount of gained experience sucks.

Edit: Staraptor is a pain. Might have to give in & get Complexity -1 & Moves +5 as well...

I like stages like that, it was fun trying to work out what the perfect first move was. The rest of the fight was really annoying but it starts nice at least.

the EX is very hard , for example , i left 10 seconds and only get 1% , then for the 10 remaining seconds i get nothing , then great ball add another 1%
how this work ?

With catch rates, it only counts the time left before items. So if you use an item which gives you 10 extra seconds and then you finish the level with 10 seconds left, the game counts it as 0 seconds so you get a catch rate of 1%. Using a great ball doubles your catch rate, so if it's 1% to begin with it will only go up another 1%. If it was 20%, it'd go up to 40%.

The more time you have left, the higher your catch rate will be.

To check your ranking, go back into the competition level and there's a "ranking" button there.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, no new EX stages. Though it seems Palkia should be coming soon, thanks to data mining.

So far (on 228 now), doesn't seem like there's any Pokemon really worth leveling up, aside from Registeel.

ZenaxPure

I noticed earlier the leaderboard on mobile was just 9999999 in the top 5 slots but I just checked again and those are all gone. Glad to see they seem to be monitoring it somehow. I'm not really interested in setting a record or something but I would like to stay in the top 250k.

BooJoh

My coins are still drained from the Mega Sharpedo comp - which I lost. I can beat Registeel with my all-fire Mega Blaziken team but only with AP+ and I blew the last of my coins on two failed Super Catch Power Great Balls on him.

I might just stop actively playing shuffle for a while. Mario Maker is taking up a ton of my time and AC:HHD is coming in a week.

What really annoys me is that for the competitions now they give just enough room that if you don't get the stone, you'll probably end up with the crappy AP+ x2 instead of the jewel you'd get if you did badly on purpose.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
All S-ranks & all caught. This group of stages for the most part wasn't all that bad, especially considering I had about 80k coins from grinding.

..................well back to grinding & leveling Pokemon up. Guess the only new Pokemon worth leveling up is Registeel.

Edit: Woah, weird choices for rankings on Mega Charizard. Seems most people use Mega Gengar, Snorlax, Arceus, & then another Normal type like Lickilicky or Blissey.

LOLDSFAN

Lol yeah. Makes the decision of using it a lot easier since you know you can get the coins back if you fail.

Coins spent on items of course don't come back since it saves right before the match.

Tried out that Double Normal + M-Gengar team with all the items. Seemed simple enough to clear the board so I could line up Arceus for Double Normal.

8th place with a score of 76080.

Top Bottom