• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

SaintRidley

Neo Member
Well, my spouse took my 3DS charger on a trip and I have no idea where the other one is, so now I'm pretty much relegated to daily check in only until Wednesday, since my battery's already low, unless I go and buy a new charger tomorrow so we can know we have two in locations they're supposed to be in.

Ugh.

I am on such a good Meowth run right now, nine 530s and a 330 in my last ten games. It's the only time I've ever wished for unlimited hearts so I can keep playing while my luck is in!

L.O.R.D

finally , i know how this cheaters manged to get 9999999 in the mobile version
will , they can't do any thing
simply , they used a modded game , and every attack give 9999 damage
so , they can actually get 65024 with only 1 move
so no wonder they get 99999999999 if they get 10 combo at least

-Horizon-

I really dislike all the new stages that have come out since around stage 210 or so (the one after the last mega).

Barely do any damage and a good catch percentage in the past (around 30% and up) can't catch anything now.

I've seriously only done the special stages at this point. They're actually manageable.

L.O.R.D

WVW69iajsNwGHimcHl

sigh..i know some people love to show off on the board, but really ?

anyway , there is pokemon number above 999 ? or its just a slot number ?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Has to be a fake number slot, considering it's in the 700-range. Not to mention they have 99 Mega Speedups, which isn't possible since they haven't given out that many.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like the cheaters/hackers who used unavailable Pokemon have been removed from the leaderboards. It's back to the weird mix of Normal Pokemon & the high 90k scores.

Hoping I can stay above 3,500 over the week, as I'm ranked 1,373 right now. Might have to give it another try & see if I can get a better score.

Is Regice new today? I haven't noticed it before but there it was, only 5 days to get it though.

Really annoying stage, as you'd expect from something with "ice" in its name. So much of the board is locked off to begin with and it takes ages to clear it, plus it has like 30,000HP so the ten-plus turns you waste clearing all the disruptions basically kill you.

It is SO EASY with mega-started Lucario and Attack Power-up, though. Maybe with disruption delay if you really want to be sure.

L.O.R.D

Regice is out now
10% initial catch rate
that battle is so easy

BTW , what the best strategy for Mega charizard ?
i can't get more them 30000
he keep spamming fire type pokemon and i can't start with instant mega

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
First attempt, I won with zero moves left. 2nd attempt with Distruption Delay, Mega Start, & Attack Power Up, MUCH better with 17 moves left, 44% catch rate.

BTW , what the best strategy for Mega charizard ?
i can't get more them 30000
he keep spamming fire type pokemon and i can't start with instant mega

Mega options are Aerodactyl (slow to evolve), Garchomp (slow to evolve but powerful), and Blastoise (decent).

I think Gengar might be the best option.

I tried an all-Normal plus Gengar team and got 5000 points because the board wouldn't give me any Arceus to match.

I've never been able to get that all-normal strategy to work.

Feasibly though if it's that good, it would surely be the team to use for every single expert level in the game?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For Mega Charizard, I did Mega Gengar + Optimized team. I couldn't get that Normal team to work for me either.

L.O.R.D

damn , i am playing on mobile and i am out of hearts
now i have to wait
its very easy to empty all your hearts in the mobile version

Regice was pretty easy once I got the right team. Mega Mawile/Emboar/Tyranitar/Jirachi

Mega evolve around move 24-25 then trigger barrier bash or eject when you can. MMawile opens the middle of the board up to collect some chains. Just don't let those random barriers clog a column in the middle for too long.

I hope we get more Mega Booster+ like Jirachi soon they make all the difference in the world

SaintRidley

Neo Member
Well, I'm getting close to caught up now. Just Klang, Gothitelle, and Sliggoo left to S-Rank, and Sliggoo still to catch. Stupid snail dragon.

WarAdept

I've been on Gothorita ever since I realised that Albens town is basically a coin sink.

Stopped and just casually doing Meowth with random Pokes to get XP/coins for Special stages. I'm pretty confident that all the Pokemon that I have so far is more than enough to get the Mega Stones/Speedup without the need to try and catch/S rank the new main stages (which usually require a C-1 or something ridiculous to S rank).

Spent about 30K coins the last couple days on Chesnaught, Regice (no Great Ball needed yay) and an all-item Mega Charizard run. Now I'll just farm Meowth to get my coins back up.

also

Banned
FVTwNZj.jpg

mobile gaming...sigh

i should get refill every 5 levels i have to wait 2 hours every 5 turns
There's a very easy method to gain infinite hearts in mobile, you know. Enter the app, set your clock back a day in your phone settings, reenter the app, click on the options menu, click back. Send hearts to FB friends and gain up to 6,5 hearts. Set the date a day back or forward, click on the options menu...
There's a FB group dedicated to shuffle so just create a (fake) FB account and you're ready to go.
https://facebook.com/groups/680628552067718
Only add people from your region as people from other regions just take up spots and diminish the ammount of hearts you can get.
The list of friends will refresh as soon as you set the date back, no need to wait.

ZenaxPure

FVTwNZj.jpg

mobile gaming...sigh

I mean, there is nothing to sigh about. If you actually check the leaderboard often you will notice they wipe out the cheaters periodically. Seems only logical to assume at the very end of the event they will freeze new entries and then wipe all the remaining cheaters. It also doesn't appear to be that hard to make it into the top 250k so far anyway in mobile. I have done Charizard 1 time and have been hovering around 12k/250k the entire event. Didn't use items or anything either.

L.O.R.D

There's a very easy method to gain infinite hearts in mobile, you know. Enter the app, set your clock back a day in your phone settings, reenter the app, click on the options menu, click back. Send hearts to FB friends and gain up to 6,5 hearts. Set the date a day back or forward, click on the options menu...
There's a FB group dedicated to shuffle so just create a (fake) FB account and you're ready to go.
https://facebook.com/groups/680628552067718
Only add people from your region as people from other regions just take up spots and diminish the ammount of hearts you can get.
The list of friends will refresh as soon as you set the date back, no need to wait.

thanks for the trick
the problem i don't see anyone from my region
unlike sonic runners which i can send heart to anyone

Started playing this a few days ago, and I'm really loving it. I'm playing on iOS though, and it looks like people here are saying that the iOS version is geared more towards pushing you into buying microtransactions. In what way? Do things cost more? Do hearts regenerate slower?

Either way, it's a shame that the most convenient means of playing it is the supposedly inferior one. Having it on mobile makes playing on a whim so much easier.

ZenaxPure

Started playing this a few days ago, and I'm really loving it. I'm playing on iOS though, and it looks like people here are saying that the iOS version is geared more towards pushing you into buying microtransactions. In what way? Do things cost more? Do hearts regenerate slower?

There are a few changes from my understanding (I've only played the mobile version as well) but the biggest offender imo is apparently nerfed catch rates on some(all?) pokemon. It's kinda ridiculous to be honest, I posted about my Combusken experience earlier in the thread, I could defeat him in 1 turn but even then I only had a 23% chance to catch him. It took me somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 hearts to capture him as I didn't want to waste a great ball on him since he was easily defeated. It's worse in some areas, I am trying to catch Zoroark right now and if I don't use any items on the fight he usually has a catch rate so low it doesn't even show up as a number (I assume that means it is less than 1%).

That said it's not the end of the world so far. The EX stage pokemon and special event pokemon seem way stronger than a lot of the main stage pokemon and I've had no trouble catching any of them so far.

-Horizon-

Can't seem to hit 13,000 on the mega charizard stage. Might have to throw some items at it. Current rank is 16,000ish, doubt it'll be able to stay there till monday.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh great, MORE people on the leaderboards hacking the game by using Ditto & having impossible scores. Still ranked high enough for Mega Speedup (1705 right now) but I seriously hope we don't get hit by hackers at the last minute before the competition ends.

Etria

It's worse in some areas, I am trying to catch Zoroark right now and if I don't use any items on the fight he usually has a catch rate so low it doesn't even show up as a number (I assume that means it is less than 1%).

It's curious how they implemented this "?" to indicate the base catch rate of the Pokemon in the mobile version. At first, I thought it was a glitch because the 3DS version actually shows the percentage as a number, not an unknown. Not sure why they did this because it's quite useless.

As for the base catch rate, it usually isn't 1% for the main stages, though it does apply to most of the event Pokemon.

Oh great, MORE people on the leaderboards hacking the game by using Ditto & having impossible scores. Still ranked high enough for Mega Speedup (1705 right now) but I seriously hope we don't get hit by hackers at the last minute before the competition ends.

Don't they close the comp 1h before the update hits? Should be enough to weed out the list.

Ondore

At least in NA, they've gone through and done some cleanup already. Apparently they're lowering the score to 0 and sending this message to the affected. (And nothing of value was lost.)

Nmswndu.jpg

is arceus that good ?

i can't use Gengar the right way

Arceus is that good in this case as long as you have the attack power up, disruption delayed and complexity decreased. Work to clear the Charizards out immediately (theres a pattern that's always there, ezpz). Then it's just a matter of getting a 4-5 match clear with Arceus to trigger the combo bonus and riding the wave. Should be easy enough to keep a single combo going until disruption begins, and even then not too tough to keep it going until the min is up. M Gengar will activate soon enough and just make the complexity drop further while buying you precious seconds. I got ~61 K in two tries this way. Most llikely safe for the speedup

Hello, friends!

Today I fired up Shuffle for the first time in a while and beat Mega Aerodactyl effortlessly (with no items, of course). It was fun!

I like the game a lot because of how the hearts system matches my lifestyle. Get a session in between all of my classes and social life stuff once a week or so. It's nice!

Top Bottom