• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

LOLDSFAN

I like the game a lot because of how the hearts system matches my lifestyle. Get a session in between all of my classes and social life stuff once a week or so. It's nice!
That's really how it's meant to be played. A lot of people have a hard time grasping that unfortunately and stop playing all together.

That's really how it's meant to be played. A lot of people have a hard time grasping that unfortunately and stop playing all together.
I don't really have any other option, to be honest. I barely have time for video games as it is. Pick up and play is awesome for me!

Fewr

I don't really have any other option, to be honest. I barely have time for video games as it is. Pick up and play is awesome for me!

Haha, welcome to my life. I barely have time for games now. Shuffle fits perfectly for my moments to spare, or to motivate me do do something.

SuppaSapien3

Neo Member
Anyone think that these hacks are showing some future things to come. Like I noticed one of the hacked Pokemon sitting number 1 in the leader-boards for me is primal Kyogre and hes not even in the mega slot so i assume hes either a separate Pokemon form Kyogre, or we might be getting a second primal bar in addition to the mega bar??? (fingers crossed). Or maybe Im just getting my hopes up it is a hack -_-

L.O.R.D

Finished all levels in mobile thanks to the hearts trick
150 level only, why not make as the 3ds version?

Now to grinding, what the best level to grind exp?

L.O.R.D

Anyone think that these hacks are showing some future things to come. Like I noticed one of the hacked Pokemon sitting number 1 in the leader-boards for me is primal Kyogre and hes not even in the mega slot so i assume hes either a separate Pokemon form Kyogre, or we might be getting a second primal bar in addition to the mega bar??? (fingers crossed). Or maybe Im just getting my hopes up it is a hack -_-
Primal kyoger & groudon is special, they are not mega

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It feels like every day, there's a new group of hackers/cheaters on top of the leaderboards.

Least I'm still ranked above 2000, but damn, if these people are trying to cheat, try not to be so damn obvious with unreleased Pokemon & insanely high scores.

L.O.R.D

i changed my phone and moved my data using the code
but can't see the facebook button , its not even available in the option

also

Banned
i changed my phone and moved my data using the code
but can't see the facebook button , its not even available in the option

Is your version up to date (V.1.1.5)? Have you tried redownloading the data updates?
Last Friday, on the day of the big update, there was also a small update that removed the FB settings, so you couldn't login or logout but you could still send and receive hearts if you were logged in prior to the update. They were probably trying to stall for time while they figured out how to block the infinite hearts trick, however, they restored the FB settings a few hours later with another update.
It's possible you have an older version that doesn't have the latest fix.

stolin

It feels like every day, there's a new group of hackers/cheaters on top of the leaderboards.

Least I'm still ranked above 2000, but damn, if these people are trying to cheat, try not to be so damn obvious with unreleased Pokemon & insanely high scores.

For reference, I just did my Mega Charizard Y run with all 3 items purchased.
3DS NA Region
Score: 55,710

So there are less than ~400 cheaters at most at this point.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just checked & wit my score of 46,149, I'm ranked 2269, but once again, I see damn cheaters with Ditto & other Pokemon unobtainable at the moment. I think I should be fine if I want to stay above 3500, but might do a last minute run to see if I can get a better score.

Ondore

I'm 7030th in NA with a score of 33,272 right now. Reasonably confident that'll hold for a Charizardite (at which point I'll be racking up S ranks) after the final cull.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Any word on what stuff we'll be getting Tuesday, or possibly Monday? Seems like it's been a while since we've had new daily Pokemon.

Chris1

Any word on what stuff we'll be getting Tuesday, or possibly Monday? Seems like it's been a while since we've had new daily Pokemon.

No idea but 4 events are ending so probs a decent amount. Escalation, event and daily pokemon are my guess.

It seems like they're in a cat-and-mouse game with regard to cheaters. Perhaps they should start considering adding some controls so that impossible Pokémon or scores are immediately rejected.

also

Banned
10 more hours or so before the Charizardite Y competition ends and the cut off for getting the stone is ~6,5k on mobile and ~22k on 3DS.

It's a bit surprising how few people have entered the competition; about 700'000 on mobile and 60'000 on the european 3DS board, which means about 400'000* thousand for all 3DS regions. Since Diancie was given out to commemorate 5 million downloads, that means than only about 1 in 5 people are participating in the competition, which seems really low since the special stages unlock very quickly after starting the game...

Getting the stone on mobile is way easier; 1 out 3 participants will get it while on 3DS only 1 out of 5 will receive it. On the other hand, 3DS owners can also get a Mega Speedup if they place at the very top while mobile users, similar to the early 3DS competitions, can't.

I placed on the 30'000th spot with an itemless score of 14k and feel pretty safe since the cutoff is 250'000 people. Will still check in the last hour in the unlikely case I fall outside the first 250'000 and do a quick item run.

*Estimate based on the number of prizes given out in each region.

Chris1

I don't get why Ditto even has data in the game yet? Why not make him like 10AP with power of 5 or something until it comes out?

Fell out of the top 2.5k for mega speedup. Gonna have to give it yet another try, already done 3 full item runs :(. Have a score of 43704 @ 2,748 in EU. I hate that they've changed the speedup to top 2.5k now.

Edit: score of 46,578 @ 1874. Should be safe once they remove all the cheaters too. Thought I was going to mess it up since I had a really bad start but a decent combo at the end saved me.

Got a pretty good Meowth run: 6800, or 6000 after Moves+5 use.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll make the 3500 cut-off (NA). Down to 3200 already and tried another run but couldn't beat my high score.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, bumped down to rank 2805. I might do one more run close to when the competition ends just to be safe so I can stay above 3500.

ZenaxPure

So I made it to Mega Mewtwo Y and he seems insane. Do I just need to use every item possible on him or what? Best I've done so far without items is like half his HP. He feels like the first real wall I've hit in terms of progression.

CassSept

There is always a one hour gap between competition end and results, they will definitely clean up the scores then. The daily cleanups are there to reduce workload on Monday.

Hegarol

There is always a one hour gap between competition end and results, they will definitely clean up the scores then. The daily cleanups are there to reduce workload on Monday.
They are actually doing a one-week cleanup. Distribution for the mega Charizard Y is supposed to happen on October 5th.

It was changed during the competition.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I gotta imagine scores will sore once they purge the hackers.
I sure hope so. I think that's why I've been around the 1700 range, as it seems I'd go down, but then back up again after hackers were removed.

If I get below 3000, I might do one or two more runs to see if I can beat my score & have a bigger safety net.

CassSept

Anyone wants to take a guess what events start tomorrow? Everything ends today (Regice, Mew, Diancie, Zard competition) so some new events would be logical. I'm afraid a new escalation battle and/or Safari will arrive as they are easy heart wasters. Palkia has to come soon too.

Blank!

So I made it to Mega Mewtwo Y and he seems insane. Do I just need to use every item possible on him or what? Best I've done so far without items is like half his HP. He feels like the first real wall I've hit in terms of progression.

I've gotten lucky on him a few times and dropped him to ~1/4. I'd level up your ghosts/get mega gengar if possible and try a few more item-less runs before going at it again. I ultimately used the +5 move and beat him, will definitely need to use a lot of items to S-rank it though but still leveling guys so meh.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Played it safe & bumped my score to 51,636 to bump myself to rank 1155. I should be able to get another Mega Speedup now.

daydream

Banned
managed to stay in the top 1000 (682nd or so) which is probably a result i won't top anytime soon

i only really care about the mega stone but the occasional speedup doesn't hurt, i suppose

DontBlink

So I accidentally hit cancel when it was upload my new Charizard high score and now that score is completely gone, game is showing my previous record...

Stage On

Primal kyoger & groudon is special, they are not mega

Boo urns. I don't want to have to level them up again when I have Groundon a nearly max level already.

They are functionally identical to mega anyhow so I'm not sure why Shuffle would treat them as entirely different pokemon :/

Chris1

EU leaderboard been cleared of hackers but I don't think they have banned them from uploading a new score. Guy called Gerard is in the top 5 with a legit team and I think a few of the hacked scores were from the same people last time too.

also

Banned
EU leaderboard been cleared of hackers but I don't think they have banned them from uploading a new score. Guy called Gerard is in the top 5 with a legit team and I think a few of the hacked scores were from the same people last time too.
The hackers sure are persistent; top 5 is alll 9'999'999 again.

I played it really close because I didn't want to spend more coins on it so I hope hackers didn't push me out of the top 11k in the last few seconds. Fingers crossed for new main stages + mega (Gardevoir?)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Update's up, here's the new stuff:

- Latias: Escalation Battle. Reach Lv. 50 to get a Mega Stone
- Keldeo is back

......that's it.

To be more specific about Latias:

Lv. 5: Exp. x1.5
Lv. 10: Disruption Delay
Lv. 25: Mega Start
Lv. 35: 1,000 Coins
Lv. 50: Latiasite Mega Stone
Lv. 60: 1,000 coins
Lv. 70: Mega Speedup

CassSept

Well, Keldeo. So now I'll be only missing Banettite and Blastoisinite.

Interesting that Latias escalation battle is giving out Latiasite.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For those who already got Keldeo, do you get any reward, like coins or a jewel. Twice I've gotten close, but failed.

Update's up, here's the new stuff:

- Latias: Escalation Battle. Reach Lv. 50 to get a Mega Stone
- Keldeo is back

......that's it.

To be more specific about Latias:

Lv. 5: Exp. x1.5
Lv. 10: Disruption Delay
Lv. 25: Mega Start
Lv. 35: 1,000 Coins
Lv. 50: Latiasite Mega Stone
Lv. 60: 1,000 coins
Lv. 70: Mega Speedup

I'm fine with this. Gives me time to train Charizard (got the Mega stone aw yis) and my Dragon and Ice pokémon. Also I missed Keldeo the first time around.

LOLDSFAN

Considering how much less time I have to play than I used to, I might just keep it at lvl. 50 with the escalation battle. Then again I guess it depends on the difficulty increase each bump gets.

Chris1

Mega Latias ability removes pokemon in a jagged line horizontally. So the same as Mega Ampharos but sideways. Takes 12 mega speedups.

Top Bottom