• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Huh? I remember some early Pokes gained +3 strength each level, but my Latias is 86 at level 3.

Every pokemon gains +3 on the bump from level 1 to 2 and from 2 to 3 and +2 for every level gain after. It's to make the gain from going up 9 levels to Max an even 20 (really low power pokemon, base 30 or 40 gain more than this but who the hell cares about them aside from Pidgey for Sliggoo).
Ah okay, I just got it to Lv 2 and thought the 83 looked weird. Guess I just never checked the early level gains.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Level 50 Latias wasn't too bad, using the free Mega Start & Disruption Delay I earned. Levels 51+ are a bit more annoying, but still feel doable.

I switched my lvl 50 team from MGlalie/Dancie/Avalugg/Froslass to MGengar/Xerneas/Dancie/Avalugg and there were no barrier disruptions thrown at me til the very end. Usually the three disruptions were checker column of breakable blocks on the left, checker column of breakable blocks on the right and random placement of a handful of barriers. I beat it without items so I don't know if it was a glitch caused by that team or what happened.

Hegarol

So far I haven't used a single item yet and didn't lose once with an all MAX team. At 75 now.

Using MGengar as it evolves so quick and keeps the combos going. For 50 and 70 Diancie is a good choice.

CassSept

Anybody actually using M-Altaria? I was using M-Latias for a while but it's such an unreliable effect and doesn't help at all, while with M-Altaria you can plan what to do. It helps since I believe in later levels Latias disrupts only when you don't have 3+ combo or so.

It's really annoying how random 50+ levels are due to need for constant combos. If you fall behind due to no fault of your own it's hard to beat the level.

Hegarol

CassSept said:
It's really annoying how random 50+ levels are due to need for constant combos. If you fall behind due to no fault of your own it's hard to beat the level.
MGengar helps a lot with the combos.

also

Banned
Any point in continuing the Giratina escalation battle past lv. 100? AFAIK, you can't gain any more Mega Speedups and lv. 101, just like lv. 100, requires lots of coins if you want to stand a chance.

Wait, Giratina goes up to 100? I think I'll give the mega speedup a miss as level 50 took several attempts and it took about 15 stamina to get form 40 to 50.

Chris1

Wait, Giratina goes up to 100? I think I'll give the mega speedup a miss as level 50 took several attempts and it took about 15 stamina to get form 40 to 50.

Yeah there's more rewards than what it says on the info page, some of them are hidden. Generally you can get all of them but the last mega speedup without spending a whole lot. The stages get easier after the milestone ones that hand our rewards (50, 100, etc). The last mega speedup usually requires you to spend a few items each stage so most people here skip that one.

Been going through Latias escalation with an all dragon team since catching her. Paying for Exp x1.5 since only my Dragonite is MAX and Latias, Rayquaza, and Haxorus have various ways to go to MAX. Only had to use Moves +5 on 50 and 70 so far, havent failed a single Lat level yet. The amount of coins that you get combined from each normal stage and then the 1K or 2K benchmarks has made it relatively painless to be burning 300 coins per go. The amount of exp given by each Latias stage isn't amazing but I've been focusing on doing the majority of my damage with lat and she's level 6 already, Ray and Hax approaching MAX. Once they hit it I'll ease on the exp boosting.

I understand that M Gengar and a bunch of max fairy/dragons at 100 AP would be better on paper, but damnit I just love getting Dancing dragons from dragonite and then watching the combo fly :D. satisfying to set it up just right. Anticipating the use of Attack up for 100, and maybe all out for 150 and 200, but for the most part this will be a pretty painless 4 speedups which is lovely

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Made it to lv. 100 of Latias. Gotta say, with Mega Gengar, the stages with the 2 pillars of ice blocks, while a bit annoying if Diancie can't clear them out, have been much easier compared to the barrage of wood block disruptions.

Will have to see how hard the stages are afterwards & if it's worth getting to 150 since there's still about 11 days left.

I would not be spending coins to get 1.5 XP on the 5 XP special stages give you.

you're mostly right but as of catching latias after stage 8 i was at max coins and was just going to be going direct at the escalation battle until sat-sun when ill beat lvl 200. given the high coin amount this EB gives you, i said why not.

Sat vicinti and maybe some snorlax grinding might be in order before i tackle 151-200

also

Banned
As Chris1 said, aside from lv.100 it's really not that bad and considering that stamina is currently not an issue on mobile you should definitely go for it. For 1-49 and 51-99 I even used a team of ghosts that wasn't maxed out so that the exp didn't go to waste; Gengar (8), Misdrevaus (6), Haunter (6), Giratina. I focused on clearing the board while getting as many Power of 4+ and Astonish activations as possible. Giratina hits like a truck (too bad about the 80% activation rate) so I prioritized that over Astonish, which helped a lot even though it usually only activated once or twice per stage. I think I only lost thrice when going from 51 to 99; got unlucky with the disruptions.

Hit Latias 50 - hahaha

It was crazy, all the fights from 40-49 I was winning in four to six moves without even trying with a team of MGengar and then just optimised Pokémon. Not even Diancie. 50 beat me quite badly though, obviously, but it should be okay now I know what to prepare for.

Are 51 onwards easy? Not sure whether or not I can bothered to go for 70 if they're anything like 50.

Chris1

Hit Latias 50 - hahaha

It was crazy, all the fights from 40-49 I was winning in four to six moves without even trying with a team of MGengar and then just optimised Pokémon. Not even Diancie. 50 beat me quite badly though, obviously, but it should be okay now I know what to prepare for.

Are 51 onwards easy? Not sure whether or not I can bothered to go for 70 if they're anything like 50.

You need items for 50, 70, 100 and then I presume 150 too. I'm on stage 127 and it's pretty easy still. Those 3 are the only stages I've used items on.

I'm coming up on 325 hours lolol.

Anyway, that someone would beat 150 latias and not go for 200 is hilarious. 151-199 are quite manageable. Its not an 800 coin moves +5 investment for safety on every stage like Darkrai. As long as you have that solid M Gengar and other super effective maxed team, maybe with Diance, or an all Dragon team of 90-100 at or close to max you should be OK. The coins gained naturally from 151-199 will pay for the all items 200 battle.

Wish special stages granted more xp :(

CassSept

Holy crap this is some hot bs. I got to stage 100 and popped Moves +5 and Attack Power+ to comfortably get it. Around move 13 I got completely walled in between wooden blocks and ice blocks, with every single time there being a single possible move that would let me play the levels with no reshuffling, locked in eternal anguish. Finally I got out with 2-3 moves left but that was too late and Latias was left with a smidgen of health.

So I'll just use Mega Start and everything will be fine? HAHA NO, NO COMBOS FOR YOU SON. Literally, nothing seemed to work. By the end Latias had more hp left than in the previous attempt.

Ok 10k coins is not that much, but I have to vent somewhere. Core of the game is great but the f2p nature of it all makes it particularly obnoxious when rng lines up against you and wastes your time.

the boss stages are rough indeed. but they're worth it for speedups. I'd personally invest 25K coins if it meant locking down one of em.

YourMaster

You need items for 50, 70, 100 and then I presume 150 too. I'm on stage 127 and it's pretty easy still. Those 3 are the only stages I've used items on.

I'm not at 100 yet, but with MGengar and a barrier breaking fairy I did not need items for 50 and 70. Just pay attention to combo's.

Fewr

Holy crap this is some hot bs. I got to stage 100 and popped Moves +5 and Attack Power+ to comfortably get it. Around move 13 I got completely walled in between wooden blocks and ice blocks, with every single time there being a single possible move that would let me play the levels with no reshuffling, locked in eternal anguish. Finally I got out with 2-3 moves left but that was too late and Latias was left with a smidgen of health.

So I'll just use Mega Start and everything will be fine? HAHA NO, NO COMBOS FOR YOU SON. Literally, nothing seemed to work. By the end Latias had more hp left than in the previous attempt.

Ok 10k coins is not that much, but I have to vent somewhere. Core of the game is great but the f2p nature of it all makes it particularly obnoxious when rng lines up against you and wastes your time.

I just went through that too.

1st attempt: moves+5 and attack plus => didn't even take 1/8 of its health off
2nd attempt: moves+5, attack plus, disruption delay, complexity -1 => destroyed the thing with like 16 moves left. I shouldn't have bought moves+5 (don't know about attack plus, maybe not necessary either given the other two)

Just noticed some news updates on the mobile side (these are probably old). Remember the EXP up item? Turns out it did absolutely nothing in the mobile version. A refund and hearts have been sent to anyone who used it. Also remember when stages were giving the wrong rewards? The correct rewards have been sent and users are able to keep the wrong ones (aka this is such a mess we'll just leave it).

As Chris1 said, aside from lv.100 it's really not that bad and considering that stamina is currently not an issue on mobile you should definitely go for it. For 1-49 and 51-99 I even used a team of ghosts that wasn't maxed out so that the exp didn't go to waste; Gengar (8), Misdrevaus (6), Haunter (6), Giratina. I focused on clearing the board while getting as many Power of 4+ and Astonish activations as possible. Giratina hits like a truck (too bad about the 80% activation rate) so I prioritized that over Astonish, which helped a lot even though it usually only activated once or twice per stage. I think I only lost thrice when going from 51 to 99; got unlucky with the disruptions.
I don't do Facebook exploits (I'm still mad they are like "you're rooted that is unfair no competitions for you" while anyone who wants to abuse a Facebook group gets much greater if not infinite stamina and that is somehow not unfair) so stamina is a thing for me. It is also more that I'd rather spend my time doing some EX stages then grinding the same boring content for a mega speedup.

Reached Latias Lvl 70. As soon as I get the Mega Speedup I'll be back to farming coins and Exp.

Speaking of which, how did you guys distribute your Mega Speedups? I think I've only given one to Lucario and have like 4-5 left.

Chris1

Just reached stage 150... Same as the other milestone stages but with Goomy added in making C-1 mandatory pretty much.

Edit: Beat stage 151 easily again. Will be going for the speedup at 200 if it's this easy all the way through.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
UUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH, had about one or two matches left on lv. 150 Latias with C -1, DD, & Attack Up, but lost. Should've freakin' gave in & got the Moves +5 as well. Otherwise, barely have lost at all after switching to Mega Gengar.

Edit: *buys previous 3 + Moves +5, somehow does WORSE* WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

you're mostly right but as of catching latias after stage 8 i was at max coins and was just going to be going direct at the escalation battle until sat-sun when ill beat lvl 200. given the high coin amount this EB gives you, i said why not.

Sat vicinti and maybe some snorlax grinding might be in order before i tackle 151-200

Fair enough. I was at near max during the Phione safari and would blind buy XP power ups in case I got Staryu to avoid coin capping with Starmie and check-ins. I'd even quit stage if it was anything but Staryu, Starmie, or Phione, so it was more about dumping coins than getting the XP.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Okay, seems 151 & beyond for Latias is tolerable, guess I'll aim for 200. Wonder if there any more rewards afterwards.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nothing for 201 & beyond. Guess after that, back to grinding for coins & actually leveling up Latias.

I just noticed we're now at 300+ Pokemon (308 to be exact). & I have ALL of them. AND all the Mega Stones to date. & yet I stopped caring for Pokemon looonnggg ago after Gold/Silver/Crystal on GB/C. WHY AM I SO DAMN DEDICATED TO THIS.

I'm at around level 40. Haven't ditched Glalie for Gengar yet (Gengar is MAX so don't want to waste the paltry XP) but I've switched out Avalugg for Xerneas and the power differential is noticeable.

CassSept

Albens Town is a joke. I'm trying to S-rank Sliggoo, so far to no avail. I've blown an embarrassing number of coins and managed to S-rank 2 levels. I'm just getting no combos at all. Third time I used M+5, DD, MS and I'm ending at 6 moves left. Why.

e: Used Glalie and it worked. M-Latias is a pos.

Chris1

Could just be me being bad, but is it just me or have they changed the way pokemon fall or something after stage 175. I've failed twice in a row now and haven't had any good combos at all. Before that I was beating pretty much every stage by 5-10 moves.

Edit: Ok managed to beat it on my 3rd try with 1 move left, but that was yet another round with barely any combos.

Edit2: Seems to have been a one off or I just sucked, beat stage 176 with 11 moves left.

I nearly just blew 16K coins on 150 when I switched my team around and accidentally selected Dialga instead of Xerneas. Finished with only one move left.

Chris1

Hmm after some testing, I think disruptions in the later Latias stages are tied to how many combos you do. Would sort of explain why I lost the stage mentioned above when I didn't combo much. I'm not sure how many combos are needed but I'm pretty sure this is a thing. There's times where I'll get disruptions within the first move and others where if I combo a lot every move I'll get no disruptions even when I beat it with only 5 moves left

For example just then, my first disruption was at 12 moves left after a 2 combo move.

Edit: Disruption after 3 combo, I think it's 4 combo = no disruption

also

Banned
I don't do Facebook exploits (I'm still mad they are like "you're rooted that is unfair no competitions for you" while anyone who wants to abuse a Facebook group gets much greater if not infinite stamina and that is somehow not unfair) so stamina is a thing for me. It is also more that I'd rather spend my time doing some EX stages then grinding the same boring content for a mega speedup.

You have to admit that while unlimited stamina does have its advantages (max levels, unlimited attempts) it's still less damaging than using hacks, since your score is bound by the game rules and limited by your skill. It sucks that they banned everyone from participating, regardless of them using an exploit or not but what could they have done? It's not that that the FB trick is deemed fair, it's just that they haven't been able to fix it yet. Honestly, I'm kind of worried that they've delayed the Charizardite Y giveaway on mobile for so long because they are combing through the accounts to determine who used the FB trick and to ban those that did it from receiving the mega stone.
Leveling up the escalation battle is not the most exciting thing in the world but Megaspeedups are so hard to come by that I think it's worth it. If you're a regular player you will soon run out of things to do anyway and you will only be left with Ampharos and Meowth grinding, both of which get tiresome after a while. I pretty much don't use the FB trick anymore because the updates are not substantial enough to require it.

BTW, couldn't you just temporarily unroot your phone? I just glanced over it since I run stock Androind, but there was some talk of this on Reddit and they made it sound pretty easy.

Hmm after some testing, I think disruptions in the later Latias stages are tied to how many combos you do. Would sort of explain why I lost the stage mentioned above when I didn't combo much. I'm not sure how many combos are needed but I'm pretty sure this is a thing. There's times where I'll get disruptions within the first move and others where if I combo a lot every move I'll get no disruptions even when I beat it with only 5 moves left

For example just then, my first disruption was at 12 moves left after a 2 combo move.

stages 176-199 all have disruption that are dependent on combos. After every move if you didn't get at least a 4 combo then you'll see some junk come your way. random number of wooden blocks with a max of I believe 4 or 5 from 17-10 moves left, and then between 1 and 3 ice disruptions from 9-1 moves left. combos are EVERYTHING. For these stages I finally ditched the all dragon team and used M Gengar. There really is no denying that Gengar is the grand champion of this game. Still not using Diancie so that I can engage Dancing dragon combos with 3-4 mons, but Diancie could easily bail you out of ice disruption jams late game. those can quickly get out of hand and cripple your board.

Unless you're using all max super effectives and have amazing combo rng you'll want to use at least moves +5 for stages 190-199. The HP goes up sharply and progressively until you hit 200

edit: I say that and then after getting moves +5 for stages 191-196 so far I've cleared each one with 7-8 moves left -_- insane combo rng. better safe than sorry I guess

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now on Stage 183. Starting to seem like after 180, the disruptions are happening more frequently &/or if you don't make a bigger combo. I really haven't lost much between 151 & 180, but after that, it's gotten a bit harder.

no change in the frequency or type of disruption, just progressively increased HP. Try to always get a 4 combo. 4 COMBOS AT ALL COSTS

I've arrived at 200. Going to chill for 6-7 days, farm meowth and get my Dragon team all MAX'd before I grab that last speedup

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, noticed no disruptions at 4 or higher combos, but 3 combos = disruption. & yeah, HP seems to be much higher now, as there's been many times where I'd be very close to beating the stage by just a few more combos, but lost, or I'll win with one or zero moves left.

Sometimes Mega Gengar helps, but other times it feels like it doesn't. Starting to feel more luck based.

Edit: Yeah, this is seriously starting to be more based on luck, i.e. getting a decent number of combos so you don't get screwed over by all the disruptions preventing you from making said combos. & I have a very high level team (MAX Gengar, Lv. 9 Xerneas & Dragonite, and Lv. 8 Diancie (which can be helpful for removing ice when it wants to).

Top Bottom