• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Do you think they regret making MGengar so OP at least a bit? Because I just steamrolled Palkia ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Probably. I don't think we will see another Mega with that mechanic. Its basically a C-1.

I think we might one day, but it definitely won't evolve as quickly as Gengar does - it's that that makes it so stupidly good. Not only is it basically a C-1, it's almost a Mega-Start as well in many levels because it only takes one or two turns to evolve it.

In theory M-Mewtwo leaves other Mewtwos in the area, making it easier to chain it.

In practice M-Gengar is 99% of the time better.

edit: in my experience anyway

daydream

Banned
dropped some coins on palkia just to get it over with

now to save up enough for absol

kinda worried i'm gonna be doing that all week, then they'll drop new stages on monday and i'm gonna be way behind.

any tips for s-ranking the 'mons after (and incl.) staraptor would be appreciated

L.O.R.D

it appears the new update on 3DS will not make the cheaters use ditto or any other un released pokemon

i took this photos from the editing tool thread

here ditto is selected

print1-jpg.26387

before the battle , its only show 3 pokemon

print2-jpg.26388

in the battle , Pidgey appears as the 4th Pokemon

print3-jpg.26389

its also applied to everything

print4-jpg.26390

print5-jpg.26391

Chris1

it appears the new update on 3DS will not make the cheaters use ditto or any other un released pokemon

i took this photos from the editing tool thread

here ditto is selected

http://gbatemp.net/attachments/print1-jpg.26387/[iMG]

before the battle , its only show 3 pokemon

[IMG]http://gbatemp.net/attachments/print2-jpg.26388/[IMG]

in the battle , Pidgey appears as the 4th Pokemon

[IMG]http://gbatemp.net/attachments/print3-jpg.26389/[IMG]

its also applied to everything

[IMG]http://gbatemp.net/attachments/print4-jpg.26390/[IMG]

[IMG]http://gbatemp.net/attachments/print5-jpg.26391/[MG][/QUOTE] Pretty sure this isn't true.There's 3 people with cheating teams in the EU leaderboards and they have 2-3x the legit peoples score.

I believe the standard first move on Palkia is to make an "L" shape. It evolves Gengar in one turn and clears all the blocks IIRC.

First time I used Venusaur: if you can get him in the top row when frozen it is possible to clear it out. Couldn't beat it though. Second time I used Gengar and beat it with 2 moves left, even after running out of moves once. Sleep Charm from Shaymin is helpful if it procs. 12%, super catch at 55%, just tossed 2 Great Balls to not deal with it.

I remember the Dialga stage now: stall for 5 turns until the blocks disappear and then you have a better chance at beating it (the random disruptions really suck though). Can also use Ninetales/Emboar and hope to get lucky with their ability.

Chris1

Apparently Mega Absol takes 3 mega speedups........ 30 icons to match.

Another completely useless mega if that's not placeholder data.

SaintRidley

Neo Member
Aren't their mega skills the same, but Ampharsos has ten more ATK? Why use Manectric at all!

Ampharos produces two bolts that move vertically and horizontally from two random points on the top row, one on each side of the middle. The bolts can overlap or cross or remain entirely separate. It is not impossible for both bolts to completely overlap the whole way and effectively be one bolt. Completely unpredictable in any way, but potentially better clearance if the bolts play nice.

Manectric produces two bolts that move vertically from two random points on the top row, one on each side of the middle. The bolts cannot overlap at all. This makes it a more consistent and even sort of damage than Ampharos. It also mega evolves two icons faster.

Latias is Ampharos but from left to right instead of top to bottom.

also

Banned
Couldn't beat Palkia on mobile even after buying DD. Does the mobile version have increased HP or something? I guess I will be levelling my team (Ampharos, Sceptile, Zapdos, Dedenne) the whole week and try to do it itemless.
For Dialga I just went all out (MS, DD) and thankfully caught it with my 1st Great Ball (56%). I sunk enough coins into getting it as it is.

Couldn't beat Palkia on mobile even after buying DD. Does the mobile version have increased HP or something? I guess I will be levelling my team (Ampharos, Sceptile, Zapdos, Dedenne) the whole week and try to do it itemless.
For Dialga I just went all out (MS, DD) and thankfully caught it with my 1st Great Ball (56%). I sunk enough coins into getting it as it is.

There's your problem. Use mega gengar.
If you can get enough of a combo, palkia doesn't use his disruption.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mega Gengar only makes things worse because once the ice disruption kicks in, I'm pretty much screwed & can't make a comeback. Hell, my last attempt, I barely made it to 1/2 his health being taken. & just when you think you've taken care of the ice blocks "LOL NAH NOT GONNA LET YOU MAKE MORE MATCHES, HAVE MORE ICE TO COMPLETELY SCREW YOU"

Mega Gengar only makes things worse because once the ice disruption kicks in, I'm pretty much screwed & can't make a comeback. Hell, my last attempt, I barely made it to 1/2 his health being taken. & just when you think you've taken care of the ice blocks "LOL NAH NOT GONNA LET YOU MAKE MORE MATCHES, HAVE MORE ICE TO COMPLETELY SCREW YOU"

If you're doing the stage properly he shouldn't really get the chance to cast the ice disruption. He only casts it if you make a move which doesn't result in a 4+ combo. The stage is set up so you can do that fairly easily. At least, it does if you're using mega gengar.

Mega gengar really is the solution and if he happens to cast ice your goal switches from making larger matches to getting to the point where it becomes "No moves possible" in as few moves as possible, which causes the board to reset in your favour.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINALLY, got Palkia caught. Probably one of the strongest Water types, having an attack base of
& the ability of
Barrier Bash+

Now to go back to grind for coins to beat 199 &/or 200 of Latias.

Fewr

Currently at Latias #167. It got much easier from 151 onwards. I suppose it'll get hard from 185-190 until 200.

c-murph

Managed to get Latias and her Megastone! Only took like a week.....

What's the highest level you can get these pokemon? Level 10?

LOLDSFAN

Attack Power Up and two Great Balls later, I get Palkia.

Went the Gengar route.

Water isn't my first thought when I think of Palkia but ok I guess it technically is that type too.

Phew, I got Palkia with two Great Balls, but no other items. Got lucky and kept doing 4+ combos with Gengar.

I'm stuck on Latias 182 though; I keep getting unlucky with combos...

Dialga and Palkia finally caught. I didn't even know of the combos thing for Palkia I found surviving the first few turns of Dialga much harder (especially as it would disrupt my only valid move choices).

With steel typing I'm wonder if it is better to grind on that other stage with lots of turns rather than Ampharos. That is assuming winning the stage gives more EXP.

Water isn't my first thought when I think of Palkia but ok I guess it technically is that type too.
Dragons are not used much in Shuffle due to its mechanics so at least it being Water lets it see more use.

Syntsui

Yesterday I accidently spent a Complexity - on fucking Ampharos stage. Today I used a Damage Increase on Keldeo so I could be done with it, got 42% catch rate and the motherfucker escaped, I had no money left so I had to use a jewel. I'm completely out of money and Meowth is fucking trash on mobile. Fuck my mobile gaming life.

Tomorrow I accidently spent a Complexity - on fucking Ampharos stage. Today I used a Damage Increase on Keldeo so I could be done with it, got 42% catch rate and the motherfucker escaped, I had no money left so I had to use a jewel. I'm completely out of money and Meowth is fucking trash on mobile. Fuck my mobile gaming life.

On the plus side you've discovered time travel, so there's gotta be money in that.

-Horizon-

Got the mega stone for latias at least. I don't remember the dialga stage being this stupid hard without items. Or maybe it was. I caught it somehow when it was out the first time.

Tried using Mega Gengar on Palkia and I just can't quite seem to be within victory's grasp. At least it feels possible at my state, unlike Dialga.

All this talk about Mega Gengar being the best Mega makes me feel like I should probably MAX him sometime soon!

Anyone figured out how to beat Staraptor?

I suspect there's a "always do this" first move... I'd also like to know what's the best kind of team to use.

YourMaster

150 is a bitch, what Pokemon / Power Ups are needed?

I used mega gengar, strongest others (including the yellow dragon that boosts other dragons) and all power ups.. I had one failed attempt before where I did not use mega-start.
The attempt with all items I had 7 moves left, but you're a bit luck dependent on how the combo's fall. Try to clear the board of blocks quickly and optimize for maximum combo's on each move.

Anyone figured out how to beat Staraptor?

I suspect there's a "always do this" first move... I'd also like to know what's the best kind of team to use.

Try A6 to F4 as starting move (letters on horizontal axis).

If M-Ampharos doesn't work for you, try M-Gengar (as always). Also use a Pokémon with Eject to get rid of the Staraptors and its pre-evos. I think Tyranitar should do the trick.

also

Banned
Managed to beat Palkia itemless with Mega Gengar and a near maxed super effective team. Lucky activations of Sceptile's Life Drain seem to be the key to victory but the activation rate is so low :/

Got the mega stone for latias at least. I don't remember the dialga stage being this stupid hard without items. Or maybe it was. I caught it somehow when it was out the first time.
I had a maxed team of Sableye, Yveltal, Zoroak and Absol. Bought all the items and beat the stage in 4 turns. Kind of sucks that some stages are designed to be near impossible without items and a cakewalk if you just spend the coins.

also

Banned
Finally caught Palkia; got really lucky and finished with 9 moves left (26%).
Mega Gengar really is the best mega, no questions about it. I have considered giving him a Mega Speedup but that would lower the number of required matches from 11 to 10, which doesn't seem that useful...

Finally caught Palkia; got really lucky and finished with 9 moves left (26%).
Mega Gengar really is the best mega, no questions about it. I have considered giving him a Mega Speedup but that would lower the number of required matches from 11 to 10, which doesn't seem that useful...

Better than you'd think. Matching two threes and a four is way more common than two fours and a three. And if you only need 10, sometimes three threes is enough where it wouldn't be with 11.

Azuran

Banned
Palkia is still kicking my ass. I must be doing something completely wrong if I can't even beat it with a team of M-Ampharos (6), Zapdos (5), Raikou (5), and Sceptile (5)

Palkia is still kicking my ass. I must be doing something completely wrong if I can't even beat it with a team of M-Ampharos (6), Zapdos (5), Raikou (5), and Sceptile (5)

That's not that strong a team but yeah you should be able to beat it. Are you making sure to hit 4+ combos every turn?

also

Banned
Allright, you have convinced me; Gengar is about to get a tasty treat.

Have you heard of our lord and savior Gengar?
The most important thing in this fight is to get at least a combo of 4 each turn to prevent Palkia from freezing the top row and no Pokemon is better at that than mega Gengar. Having a maxed team is helpful too. Also, try to get some Life Drain activations in the early stages of the fight for massive damage.
Beynd that, you just have to get lucky with the falling icons.

I wonder if GS is kicking themselves for making Mega Gengar the best Pokemon in the game. Great typing, good attack power, evolves super-fast, and a free Complexity-1. Even with the power creep and many Megas released since then, nothing has come close to Gengar.

I bet if he was released today his ability would only remove 5 copies of itself or something.

Top Bottom