• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Chris1

Just beat stage 200. Bought all items and beat it with 10 moves left, probably could have done without moves +5 but better to be safe than sorry.

MGengar max
Dragonite 7
Diancie 7
Rayquaza 8

Didn't really need Diancie either, just brought it to be safe incase he disrupts the board with ice.

Up to 10 mega speedups now with a maxed out Banette. Probably going to max out Lucario and Blaziken next, not sure who else to spend the remaining on.

I beat 70 with ATK+ and DDelay and stopped, I don't even know why I did 70 to be honest. I'm stocking up all these Mega SpeedUps and I don't know where I'm supposed to use them because Gengar is pretty much the only Mega I use. Even when I try someone super-effective, I then get better results when I try with Gengar.

Lucario is possibly the best option I guess, for awkward levels with a lot of disruptions, maybe I'll max it out. But then? And Lucario's combo-killing can be counter-effective anyway.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't even get to evolve Banette at Meowth today. That didn't go too well :-(

also

Banned
S ranked and caught everything in the main stages and only Blaziken is left in the expert stages. I hope we get a big update for mobile on Monday. A water mega would be nice.

daydream

Banned
S ranked and caught everything in the main stages and only Blaziken is left in the expert stages. I hope we get a big update for mobile on Monday. A water mega would be nice.

did you use items for the second half of the current set of new stages?

they seem so bloated to me, hp-wise, i don't see how you'd s-rank them without spending coins

I leveled Latias up to level 50, but now it's kicking my butt :(

My team is
Mega Glalie (level 5)
Dragonite (level 4)
Latias (level 3)
Articuno (level 6)

Gonna keep grinding!

Mega Gengar, plus ATK+, plus Disruption Delay.

Or if you haven't got Gengar, use Mega Start too. That should do it.
I have Gengar!
I just refuse to use items. Gotta beat it the pure way! That's how I've beaten everything except for the competitions and Sharpedo (I cheated and used a Great Ball because I don't use them either)

also

Banned
did you use items for the second half of the current set of new stages?

they seem so bloated to me, hp-wise, i don't see how you'd s-rank them without spending coins
IIRC, I used items on Milotic (MS, DD, +5), Onix (+5, DD) and Bagon (+5). I got really close to S ranking Onix and Bagon itemless so I think that's doable but I got fed up with wasting hearts, waiting for the stars icons to allign and give me some long combo chains. On the other hand, Milotic 100% requires items to S rank. That or 1 in a million kind of luck.

I generally avoid items and only use them as a last resort outside of Mega stages, but at some point you have to accept that it's better to swallow your pride and just buy that +5 so you can move on.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like the only item I really need for the final few stages of Latias is Moves +5, but again, it feels so luck based on if the game is nice enough to let you continue combos. Soooooo many 3 combos & then the game places the ice or wood blocks RIGHT in the square that would've given you a nice combo.

Hard to tell if I should switch out Diancie for a stronger Pokemon like Latias, but then I lose my Pokemon that removes the ice blocks sometimes....Right now, I'm trying to clear Level 193. Getting closer to that final Mega Speedup.

daydream

Banned
IIRC, I used items on Milotic (MS, DD, +5), Onix (+5, DD) and Bagon (+5). I got really close to S ranking Onix and Bagon itemless so I think that's doable but I got fed up with wasting hearts, waiting for the stars icons to allign and give me some long combo chains. On the other hand, Milotic 100% requires items to S rank. That or 1 in a million kind of luck.

I generally avoid items and only use them as a last resort outside of Mega stages, but at some point you have to accept that it's better to swallow your pride and just buy that +5 so you can move on.

oh, whoops. i shouldn't have jumped the gun with my post and read yours to the end, i keep forgetting there's a mobile version out now >->

i was referring to the 3ds version, apologies

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh sure, I talk about needing a Moves +5 & finally using one to only beat the stage with 5 moves remaining.

THE GAME KNOWS.

Edit: Either the game is finally letting me build combos, or switching out Diancie (86) for Latias (92) is helping me out, because 194 & 195, I was able to beat both with no items & 1 move remaining. Guessing I should be able to clear 200 tomorrow, as I'll need to earn more coins to ensure I can actually beat 200.

Etria

I have Gengar!
I just refuse to use items. Gotta beat it the pure way! That's how I've beaten everything except for the competitions and Sharpedo (I cheated and used a Great Ball because I don't use them either)

That's been my motto too :p
For Level 50 Latias, I used M Gengar, Dragonite, Latias, and Diancie (all around Level 5-6 except max Gengar), and beat the stage with a few moves left and naturally no items. It's definitely doable if you try a couple of times.
Just don't do what I did and spend ages on the stave because I used M Altaria instead :/

That's been my motto too :p
For Level 50 Latias, I used M Gengar, Dragonite, Latias, and Diancie (all around Level 5-6 except max Gengar), and beat the stage with a few moves left and naturally no items. It's definitely doable if you try a couple of times.
Just don't do what I did and spend ages on the stave because I used M Altaria instead :/
It's nice to see another purist!
My friend just don't understand!

I tried using Mega Altaria and it was nowhere near useful, so I stuck with Mega Glalie. Any reason to use Mega Gengar? Gengar isn't super effective and I don't know how to use its Mega Effect at all.

Not using items or only using them selectively is foolish. You've earned these coins and the game's balance is designed around them. Given the fact that the actual amount of time you can spend playing the game is gated and rationed to a degree why would you not want to be as efficient as possible in your usage of that time in advancing through its challenges?

If it's simply a matter of you wanting to take risks which make the rewards that much sweeter... well I can't really argue and can respect that, but still...

Not using items or only using them selectively is foolish. You've earned these coins and the game's balance is designed around them. Given the fact that the actual amount of time you can spend playing the game is gated and rationed to a degree why would you not want to be as efficient as possible in your usage of that time in advancing through its challenges?

If it's simply a matter of you wanting to take risks which make the rewards that much sweeter... well I can't really argue and can respect that, but still...
I'd rather get the experience of winning with only my match 3 skills, Pokemon team, and luck to my name. It's more exciting for me that way and rewarding that I had no help winning.

And I don't take the game seriously at all. If I lose, no biggie! The game comes and goes in my lifestyle, so I don't take it personally when I get stuck!

Beat 70 with Attack Power and DD, 8 moves left. I've thought about only using one but they go hand-in-hand: without DD I can't combo, and without Attack Power I doubt I'd have enough damage to win before the disruptions kick in.

Not going for 100 since starting at level 60 it's 4-combo or disruption, and the HP is getting too high. Too lazy to spend too much time on each stage.

Tried an all-Fire Blaziken team on Meowth but only got 3600 (-800). It's hard to pull off a good combo but when you do it's glorious.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
UUGGGHHHHH, at level 197 & I swear, if you can't get a decent combo going in the first few moves, you're pretty much screwed because the wood blocks (& eventually ice blocks) will be placed on the ONE spot that would've helped you form higher combos.

I really don't want to use any more Moves +5 because I need to save up coins for level 200, but I might have to....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WELP, not even Moves +5 is helping me at this point. Had to use an Attack Power Up & only had 5 moves left, so I fear I'm gonna have to use that to clear 198 & 199, then go all out for 200.

SaintZ

Ugh finally beat Latias on lvl. 70 without items. It took like 20 tries but I did it although I got lucky with the combos.

Back to trying to beat Starraptor ;___;

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Update:

- Dialga's back until the 12th
- Palkia has appeared, available until the 19th
- New Mega competition, Mega Absol, top 3800 get Absolite & Mega Speedup, top 20000 get Absolite, 20001 through get 27000, everyone gets a jewel

Etria

It's nice to see another purist!
My friend just don't understand!

I tried using Mega Altaria and it was nowhere near useful, so I stuck with Mega Glalie. Any reason to use Mega Gengar? Gengar isn't super effective and I don't know how to use its Mega Effect at all.

Likewise :)

Mega Gengar sort of acts as a pseudo-Complexity-1, so there is that advantage on the particularly difficult levels where Latias increases in HP and you have to get lucky with combos and removing barriers with Diancie's ability. Otherwise it's nigh impossible to beat the level.

I haven't used Mega Glalie so I can't comment on it in comparison to Gengar.

Well, now that I've hit Level 100 Latias, and man is it a different beast :/ Even with my team, I can barely scratch its HP.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Protip: Mega Venusaur most likely will not be helpful on Palkia. He will do a disruption that freezes the entire top row, and Mega Venusaur only clears the columns to the left & right of it. A shame, because if it was Mega Lucario, would've been extremely helpful.

Edit: OH WHAT THE HELL, it froze the top row about 3 moves in before I could Mega Evolve, wwhhhyyyyyy

SO YEAH, DISRUPTION DELAY. USE IT.

Chris1

Protip: Mega Venusaur most likely will not be helpful on Palkia. He will do a disruption that freezes the entire top row, and Mega Venusaur only clears the columns to the left & right of it. A shame, because if it was Mega Lucario, would've been extremely helpful.

Edit: OH WHAT THE HELL, it froze the top row about 3 moves in before I could Mega Evolve, wwhhhyyyyyy
disruptions seem to be linked to combos again, I beat it with gengar sceptile manectric and virizion. 1 move left = 10%

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Weird thing was, I was able to beat it on my first try with about....5 moves left, I think? I bumped my capture rate from 8% to 20%, but then my next two attempts with the same team suucckkkeeeddd.

At the very least, it's the same layout when you start out & switching two certain Pokemon will cause a nice combo to happen.

Etria

Mega Absol's stage includes Riolu, so it makes it just that little bit harder to match fast with Lucario in the team.

MrDenny

Just beat Milotic on mobile (currently final stage on mobile).
Watched YouTube, and noticed on 3ds it was somewhat possible.
Nope, not on the mobile, they decided to make it impossible (literally) without using an item.
Not really looking forward to future updates, if this is the direction they're gonna take.

Chris1

Nope, not on the mobile, they decided to make it impossible (literally) without using an item.
Not really looking forward to future updates, if this is the direction they're gonna take.

What about it is impossible?

on 3ds Milotic was just bringing feebas & hoping you got a good board really. I think I failed twice before managing to beat it and others failed more than me.

Pokemaniac

Looks like Palkia will leave you completely alone as long as you get a combo of at least 4 on every move. Do worse than that, and it will freeze the top row.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

I managed it with a bunch of low levels and no items on mobile. Use Ampharos, the fish pokemon that's on the board, and two electric mega chargers like the electric Eevee and Diadenne (sp?).

MrDenny

I managed it with a bunch of low levels and no items on mobile. Use Ampharos, the fish pokemon that's on the board, and two electric mega chargers like the electric Eevee and Diadenne (sp?).
I'm playing on iOS, there is no free fish Pokemon on the board for me.
I just watched another mobile milotic video and they had a fish on the board.

JDZwAss.jpg

Pokemaniac

I'm playing on iOS, there is no free fish Pokemon on the board for me.
I just watched another mobile milotic video and they had a fish on the board.

JDZwAss.jpg

What you need to do is catch Feebas in an earlier stage, then put it on your team when you do Milotic.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Good lord, even with a Disruption Delay, I can't replicate my first attempt with Palkia. I think I need to go back & grind coins, because I feel like I've used up all my luck working my way up to 198 on Latias.

Looks like Palkia will leave you completely alone as long as you get a combo of at least 4 on every move. Do worse than that, and it will freeze the top row.

I couldn't really work it out, sometimes it'd be okay with a combo of three, sometimes it would disrupt me. I think it might also be linked to how many Pokemon you match in those combos. If you don't combo though, you're basically fucked.

Mega Ampharos got me through it okay though, it's very good if you can evolve it early because it can partly deal with that top line. Didn't need items to beat it.

SaintZ

Oh my fucking god Palkia is a damn mess. I beat it with Mega Ampharos (lvl 8), Sceptile (Max), Zapdos (lvl 6) and Shaymin (lvl 6) without items and 3 turns left and 14% catch rate. I didnt get it but I got a Super Catch Power of 55%... 4 great balls later he escapes. UGH. Shaymin's sleep charm worked great in my favor, sadly it almost never triggers.

And yes if you manage a combo of 4 or more, Palkia will leave you alone, if not, after its initial disruption, Palkia will attack you again in two turns with random blocks and then it will attack you again if you miss a combo of four and the pattern repeats.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Weird, switching from Mega Manectric to Mega Ampharos finally made it so I was able to beat Palkia with 4 moves left....but of course not actually catch it.

Hegarol

Absol is confirmed to have the same Mega effect as Mawile.

Erases diagonal pokemon from upper-right to lower-left corner.

YourMaster

Gengar seems again to be the best mega. Caught Palkia on my second attempt with him (itemless). You can mega-evolve him in the first move and get massive combo's going so you're hardly ever disrupted. When you are you have a good chance to break out again.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Is there more than the usual 200 coins for Dialga if I have it already? Cause that shit is harder than I remember it...

Also I was totally expecting a Pinsir competition :(

Chris1

Is there more than the usual 200 coins for Dialga if I have it already? Cause that shit is harder than I remember it...

Also I was totally expecting a Pinsir competition :(

Don't think so and same, I'm surprised it's not Pinsir considering they just repeated it.

And to no surprise, EU leaderboards have hackers in them again. Same person from last comp I think.

Top Bottom