• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

also

Banned
I wonder if GS is kicking themselves for making Mega Gengar the best Pokemon in the game. Great typing, good attack power, evolves super-fast, and a free Complexity-1. Even with the power creep and many Megas released since then, nothing has come close to Gengar.

I bet if he was released today his ability would only remove 5 copies of itself or something.
I'm sure they regret making him so OP and I'm surprised they didn't nerf him for mobile.

I'm only on like stage 90!

When do I get Gengar and his Mega Stone?!
Stages 125 and 135. Catching Gengar on mobile will be a huge PITA; tricky battle and extremely low catch rate.

c-murph

I'm sure they regret making him so OP and I'm surprised they didn't nerf him for mobile.

Stages 125 and 135. Catching Gengar on mobile will be a huge PITA; tricky battle and extremely low catch rate.

Ah, thanks brah. I'm using the N3DS. Still have a little ways to go then...

Also, is the only way to get the Mega Speedup Candies through Competitions? I managed to get a couple through Latias. How many to max out Mega Gengar?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Crap, not sure if I'll earn the coins in time to retry Latias 200, plus I still need to earn coins for my Dark Absol attempt (no idea what team I should use, looking at the rankings).

Chris1

Crap, not sure if I'll earn the coins in time to retry Latias 200, plus I still need to earn coins for my Dark Absol attempt (no idea what team I should use, looking at the rankings).
Lol I hate how the entire top 5 use double normal/pixie power teams now for almost every comp. Always suck at them and never get anywhere near a good score, my fairy team got a score of 35k rank 1953/2400 for speedup. Just gonna try again with an optimized team and MGengar.

Also, is the only way to get the Mega Speedup Candies through Competitions? I managed to get a couple through Latias. How many to max out Mega Gengar?

Gengar can hold 1 mega speedup. They're usually given out in escalation battles and mega stone competitions.

CassSept

Use Gengar and optimize, should be more than enough, I placed at 170 with this team with cheaters included and usually I am way way further down in the ranks.

I don't know if it's because of the cheaters obfuscating the true Top 5 but the scores seem unusually low this time. I was surprised I placed at 170 with barely 53k points.

E: Just checked, seems cheaters got recently removed from EU leaderboards and right now I'm at 209. Reddit is incredibly useful for shuffle imo

Parked myself outside NYC Comic Con this evening as most were exiting, got 12 hearts from streetpasses and farmed meowth like a mofo. was great. Beat Latias 200 with one try all items, all Max Dragon team Latias, Dragonite, Haxorous, and Rayquaza. All it took was a couple of semi lengthy combos that began with a Dancing Dragons and went directly in to a Latias Mega. Attack Up combined with dancing dragons and super effectives that are all 90 or 100 is just sick. With 5 moves to go the board did lock up pretty badly, but I only had a couple thousand left and cleared with 2 moves left. Butthole was semi clenched. I wouldve burned a jewel if I had to, but hooray!

and yes, two ultimate truths: the shuffle sub reddit is quite useful, Gengar is bae

Merovin

So I've only recently started playing this (up to stage 64), and I've reached level 21 on Latias, is there any point me continuing to try and get level 50 or will it be hopeless with a weak team like mine? (Mega Khanga, Latias, Togepi and Swirlix)

This game is really trying so hard to get me to spend money haha. I won't concede though!!

Syntsui

Palkia is straight up impossible, I have decently leveled M-Ampharos/Sceptile/Venusaur/Jolteon and I can barely get past half his HP. I won't waste money on items so I will focus on Dialga.

Hmm, I'll try that. I can't keep a 4+ combo streak consistenly, fuck the RNG. I need Gengar, I will try to get him today.

Gengar makes it easier to hit combos, but harder to recover if you do have the top row frozen, which you probably will at some point no matter how hard you try. On balance I don't think Gengar is essential here, as long as you get Ampharos evolved ASAP you can recover quite quickly from freezes so they won't affect you too much.

Meier

Very rarely play now because frankly the high level stages are just too damn tough to be much fun (stuck at Heracross at the moment), but I popped it open the other night and did the Latias escalation stage. I saw if you beat level 50, you'd get a megastone and decided to go ahead with that challenge. I just tried him once on the level 50/51 stage and boy was it tough -- tons of wood blocks and ice thrown at you together. Can anyone confirm if this was just a one off, or is it like this every attempt at this level? Deciding what power up I'll use if it is.

Thanks!

Very rarely play now because frankly the high level stages are just too damn tough to be much fun (stuck at Heracross at the moment), but I popped it open the other night and did the Latias escalation stage. I saw if you beat level 50, you'd get a megastone and decided to go ahead with that challenge. I just tried him once on the level 50/51 stage and boy was it tough -- tons of wood blocks and ice thrown at you together. Can anyone confirm if this was just a one off, or is it like this every attempt at this level? Deciding what power up I'll use if it is.

Thanks!

It's the same every time you play 50, but if your team is decent (MGengar and some high-level optimised Pokémon) then you can beat it pretty easily with Disruption Delay only. Basically if you didn't struggle on level 49, just get DD and you'll probably be fine.

Meier

It's the same every time you play 50, but if your team is decent (MGengar and some high-level optimised Pokémon) then you can beat it pretty easily with Disruption Delay only. Basically if you didn't struggle on level 49, just get DD and you'll probably be fine.

Yeah, you weren't kidding. Smashed him using Mega Gengar and the DD. I used +5 moves too just in case but beat it with what would have been 2 to spare from the original amount. Latiasite acquired! Hopefully it was worth it. :p

Gengar makes it easier to hit combos, but harder to recover if you do have the top row frozen, which you probably will at some point no matter how hard you try. On balance I don't think Gengar is essential here, as long as you get Ampharos evolved ASAP you can recover quite quickly from freezes so they won't affect you too much.

If you're using gengar, you shouldn't bother trying to clear the top row at all. Instead, you should be trying to force "No more possible moves" as quickly as possible, so that the entire board resets.

On the sickest heater for 37 meowth right now. 22 consecutive 530 coin stage clears. The stage is so much fun, and lets you slowly level mons. I'd highly recommend taking a non-super effective Mon with power of 4 that you also conceivably want to level (eg Terrakion). If you're playing cautiously to set up the 5 coin clear and have lots of ground/dmg to make up in the last few turns you'll either have a situation to fire off that 4 match, or can do a one move setup for the 4 match. Great way for near guaranteed high damage without requiring combos (HATE when power of 4 decides not to activate. I understand certain bonus effects should have a variable % but NOT power of 4 or power of 5)

Cutting back my time spent on this and I'm finding it a bit hard to keep up. I've spent all week Meowth farming to get enough coins for an Absolite run (will try this weekend). Got Latias to 70 but with a few days left I won't get to 100. Main stages and Genesect are still unbeaten and I'll need more coins for those stages too, not to mention new events happening next week.

On the sickest heater for 37 meowth right now. 22 consecutive 530 coin stage clears. The stage is so much fun, and lets you slowly level mons. I'd highly recommend taking a non-super effective Mon with power of 4 that you also conceivably want to level (eg Terrakion). If you're playing cautiously to set up the 5 coin clear and have lots of ground/dmg to make up in the last few turns you'll either have a situation to fire off that 4 match, or can do a one move setup for the 4 match. Great way for near guaranteed high damage without requiring combos (HATE when power of 4 decides not to activate. I understand certain bonus effects should have a variable % but NOT power of 4 or power of 5)

I use crowd control for this, since it appears to be a guaranteed strike when you match four or more. The only problem is that it sometimes activates on three too which can cause problems!

But yeah, this 530-coin game is probably the funnest part of Shuffle.

Yea, crowd control isn't bad, but can backfire like you said. The streak topped out at 27, but the 28th was still 330. Just maxed out coins, was ~70 K less than 48 hours ago. After a few practice runs on mega absol with a gengar plus normal team, I'll pop 1-2 all items attempts, then I guess finish up the few S ranks I'm missing

Azuran

Banned
Allright, you have convinced me; Gengar is about to get a tasty treat.

Have you heard of our lord and savior Gengar?
The most important thing in this fight is to get at least a combo of 4 each turn to prevent Palkia from freezing the top row and no Pokemon is better at that than mega Gengar. Having a maxed team is helpful too. Also, try to get some Life Drain activations in the early stages of the fight for massive damage.
Beynd that, you just have to get lucky with the falling icons.

Mega Gengar is so OP lol. Now I'm beating Palkia more often than not because those 20+ combos are insane

SaintRidley

Neo Member

Power of 4 and Power of 5 don't have a variable %. They're 100%. Power of 4+ and Power of 5+, though, do and should. They'd be utterly, ridiculously broken otherwise. And even as they are, they're almost brokenly good anyway. Well, Power of 4+ is. Power of 5+ isn't released and probably won't be unless its multiplier becomes just absurd.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got about 45,000 & ranked at 1490. Hopefully that should suffice & keep me above 3800. Now to grind for coins to beat lv. 200 on Latias.

Got about 45,000 & ranked at 1490. Hopefully that should suffice & keep me above 3800. Now to grind for coins to beat lv. 200 on Latias.

Anyone have any idea what the Mega Stone cut-off is right now? I'm wondering if I could get away without using a C-1 to grab the stone, I don't really care about the Mega Speed-Up.

Forgot to use EXPx1.5 on Victini this morning, FFS.

Up to Latias 191 now, but it stopped being fun a while back. However I feel like it's a shame to stop so close to 200.

Also, what Mega did people use for Mega Absol? I did good with Lucario, but he's only useful for the ice and not great at keeping combos.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH SCREW YOU, VICTINI.

Was leveling up my Lv. Latias & Palkia, plus try to Max Dragonite, LITERALLY a sliver of life left over (as in it was almost impossible to see the life bar), screwing me out of a ton of EXP especially since I used the Exp 1.5.

OH SCREW YOU, VICTINI.

Was leveling up my Lv. Latias & Palkia, plus try to Max Dragonite, LITERALLY a sliver of life left over (as in it was almost impossible to see the life bar), screwing me out of a ton of EXP especially since I used the Exp 1.5.

You'll have got basically all the EXP. If you do 99% damage you get 99% of the EXP.

Hope we get new main stages when this set of Special Stages comes to an end. Judging by Wacky Workshop and Albens Town this should be the last 10 incl. a new Mega.

Megas that haven't appeared yet:

Without base forms in Shuffle yet:
M-Alakazam
M-Gyarados
M-Houndoom
M-Absomasnow
M-Beedrill
M-Camerupt
M-Latios

Double Mega Evo:
M-Charizard X
M-Mewtwo X

Legendary Mega Evo:
M-Rayquaza
M-Diancie

Starter or Pseudo-Legendary Mega Evo:
M-Sceptile
M-Swampert
M-Tyranitar
M-Salamence

Might get base form in Albens Town:
M-Gallade
M-Gardevoir

Rest:
M-Pinsir
M-Scizor
M-Medicham
M-Pidgeot
M-Steelix
M-Aggron

I think those in the two last groups are most likely to be the Mega for Albens town based on the way they have released them recently. Of course, GS might throw us a curveball here and make it a Mega that doesn't have a base form yet, wouldn't be the first time. If I were to pick the three most likeliest ones they would be Medicham, Steelix and Pidgeot.

CassSept

Also, what Mega did people use for Mega Absol? I did good with Lucario, but he's only useful for the ice and not great at keeping combos.

Take a guess, which mega is good for keeping combos.

Sure, Gengar is NVE but I've still gotten better scores with him than with Lucario. It gives way for huuuge combos and if you don't use Comp-1 it's easier to distinguish it from Riolu.

Take a guess, which mega is good for keeping combos.

Sure, Gengar is NVE but I've still gotten better scores with him than with Lucario. It gives way for huuuge combos and if you don't use Comp-1 it's easier to distinguish it from Riolu.
Haha, I suck at keeping combos anyway and the ice keeps getting in my way. I will try it though since I have a good feeling.

Also, I beat Latias Level 200. Never again XD

Course not. Latias ends on Monday :p
What about when they eventually repeat it? : o

Actually, I was referring to Level 200 escalation battles in general.

Previously I stopped at 100, but people were saying Latias was easier (probably true) and I had lots of downtime, so I was like why not.

On another positive note, I got 44K on Mega Absol. Slipped up a few times, but not bad.

JoeM86

What about when they eventually repeat it? : o

Actually, I was referring to Level 200 escalation battles in general.

Previously I stopped at 100, but people were saying Latias was easier (probably true) and I had lots of downtime, so I was like why not.

On another positive note, I got 44K on Mega Absol. Slipped up a few times, but not bad.

I stop as soon as I get bored or get to the point where I have got the item I want (so level 50 on Latias)

YourMaster

I stop as soon as I get bored or get to the point where I have got the item I want (so level 50 on Latias)

You should do 20 more, it is the cheapest candy you'll find. Lvl 51-70 are really easy with Gengar and they are a bit different from the first 50.

Got a much higher score on Absol with Lucario than Gengar. Lucario helped when the disruptions started and vertical matches sustained any combos.

Hopefully it's enough for the Speed Up. Almost out of coins.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
YEEEESSSS, Latias lv. 200 completed. Starting to close in at rank 2000 for Absol, but it's hackers on the leaderboard again, so I think I should stay above 3800 for another day & so.

& yay, Banette now has all the Mega Speedups he can take. Hopefully Sunday Meowth runs will go a bit better now.

Got 28,000 in the contest without a C-1 which has put me in the top-9000 for now (US). I'll see where I am tomorrow morning before worrying about having another go but that's gotta be enough, surely?

Will use those saved coins to finish up some of these shitty main stages before they add more.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
& yay, Banette now has all the Mega Speedups he can take. Hopefully Sunday Meowth runs will go a bit better now.

Tell us how it goes. I'm sitting on 8 Speedups, and am considering giving them all to Banette.
Meowth went well today, Banette evolved on 5 turns left, and I still got 7800 :)

I haven't been able to connect my 3ds to the accommodation wifi.

I'm missing out on all the cool stuff.

One day special on Monday to mark 6m downloads. Five Mega-stones which will never be seen again. A one-day contest to win 20 Mega SpeedUps (top 100,000 players only.) A free "master ball" item which guarantees 100% catch-rate on all Pokémon in future. Four new one-day-only Pokémon.

Only available if you check in on Monday!

Top Bottom