• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Chris1

Got a feeling I'm not gonna get the Speedup this time, sitting on a score of 44,189 at rank 1,955 & need top 2,400. Spent too many coins on this already, really don't feel like wasting more.

c-murph

I'm currently placed around 7,800 on the challenge on the 3DS. I was closer to 6,500 this morning I believe. Seem to have dropped a bit.

How often do they cycle through the Legendaries? I'm not strong enough to beat Dialga and Palkia without spending like 20,000 coins.

LOLDSFAN

I'm barley hanging in there ~3000 for the Absol event so I probably won't get the Speedup when it's all said in done. But hey you never know maybe the majority of high scores are just hackers and I get it anyway.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmm, after all the hackers being removed, just near the 2900 range. I guess I should be safe & stay above 3800, but maybe I'll try one more time closer to the end of the deadline if I'm getting a bit too close to that cutoff rank.

Edit: 30 minutes let & I'm ranked 3283. Uuuggghhhhh, getting closer to that cutoff rank. Better keep an eye on it, though I see 3 more hackers at the top.

Edit 2: Update:

- Mega Absol's ability erases Pokemon with three lines from upper right to lower left, takes 3 Mega Speedups
- Dusknoir is available until the 26th, base attack
& ability
last ditch effort
- OH GOD A NEW POKEMON SAFARI UUUGGGHHHH

SaintRidley

Neo Member
Dusknoir standalone stage, safari with zubat, golbat, crobat, duskull, dusclops, pumpkaboo, and gourgeist.

Hopefully nothing else is hidden in there.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So Flying & Ghost type Pokemon are in the Safari, correct? Electric, Rock, & Ice seem to be good against Flying. Ghost is weak against Dark & Ghost, so....not sure what would be a good team, but it does seem to only be 3 Pokemon stages.

Oh, game actually will tell you all the characters & suggests Ground, Dark, & Ghost.

............huh, think this is meant to be a Halloween themed updated?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, wait, it's not flying, it's Poison I think.

.....so can't really take a team that can fight against both of them unless you have Mega Gengar, then either strong Psychic, Ground, Dark, or Ghost, I guess?

CassSept

So that means a flood of Zubats? Shuffle finally going for that True Pokemon Experience.

E: huh, Zubat is actually less common than Pumpkaboo and Duskull.

Cool that it's a themed Safari tho

Pokemaniac

So Absol is the first Mega Stone I've missed. This seems to confirm my suspicion that getting the Mega Stones is basically impossible unless you use all items. This isn't quite enough to convince me to quit the game, but it certainly has me considering it.

So Absol is the first Mega Stone I've missed. This seems to confirm my suspicion that getting the Mega Stones is basically impossible unless you use all items. This isn't quite enough to convince me to quit the game, but it certainly has me considering it.
I got a good score with Mega Lucario without items but I dunno what the cut off is.

Unless you want the mega speed up, I don't think complexity -1 is needed. But items are definitely helpful.

farming coins on meowth combined with check-in coins its easy to get enough for two-three all items mega absol attempts after 2 days, also an all MAX level lucario team with the right support super effectives can easily make the mega stone cut off w/o items. you wont get the speedup, but whatever

Pokemaniac

farming coins on meowth combined with check-in coins its easy to get enough for two-three all items mega absol attempts after 2 days, also an all MAX level lucario team with the right support super effectives can easily make the mega stone cut off w/o items. you wont get the speedup, but whatever

I could have gotten all items through Meowth farming, but I don't particularly consider that fun. I figured that just two items should be more than enough to just get the stone, but I was mistaken.

It's become increasingly clear to me that compulsion to complete the Pokedex is the only reason I still play this game, and even that is beginning to wear thin.

You definitely have to use items, but certainly not all items. I came 15,000th in the US and got the stone pretty comfortably with only Disruption Delay and ATK+. I can't see you getting the stone without ATK+ at the very least, but that's not too expensive.

Safari info (3DS) from Reddit:

Pumpkaboo 50 BP Risktaker - contains coins - 10% base catch, 2% per move - Encounter rate: 26.7%
Gourgeist 60 BP Eject - 12 moves - 8% base catch, 2% per move - Encounter rate: 13.3%
Duskull 40 BP Block Smash - 8 moves - 15% base catch , 2% per move - Encounter rate: 20%
Dusclops 60 BP Sleep Charm - 8 moves - 15% base catch, 3% per move - Encounter rate: 3.3%
Zubat 30 BP Paralyse - 8 moves - 15% base catch, 2% per move - Encounter rate: 20%
Golbat 60 BP Power of 4 - 10 moves - 8% base catch, 3% per move - Encounter rate: 13.3%
Crobat 70 BP, Poisonous mist -20% base catch, 5 per move - Encounter rate: 3.3%

This is fine if you're using all your hearts every single day and getting 530 coins each time, but many people with jobs/studies/lives can't dedicate that kind of time to it. I can play five hearts in the morning and five at night, sometimes not even that. Grinding isn't always an option. Same with levelling your team to MAX. It's unrealistic to expect everyone to have that kind of free time.

Ranked top 2000 for Absol. My highest yet.

Beat Dusknoir with 0 moves left.

0 coins for subsequent Safari wins. Low catch rate too on the common ones.

I agree partly that the power creep is not making the game much fun nowadays. When normal non Mega stages require coins to just beat, it signifies a balance problem.

The Safari Zone seems to cost coins in mobile without warning. Cheeky sods. I believe it was 190 coins so not the biggest problem.

Safari info from Reddit:

Pumpkaboo 50 BP Risktaker - contains coins - 10% base catch, 2% per move - Encounter rate: 26.7%
Gourgeist 60 BP Eject - 12 moves - 8% base catch, 2% per move - Encounter rate: 13.3%
Duskull 40 BP Block Smash - 8 moves - 15% base catch , 2% per move - Encounter rate: 20%
Dusclops 60 BP Sleep Charm - 8 moves - 15% base catch, 3% per move - Encounter rate: 3.3%
Zubat 30 BP Paralyse - 8 moves - 15% base catch, 2% per move - Encounter rate: 20%
Golbat 60 BP Power of 4 - 10 moves - 8% base catch, 3% per move - Encounter rate: 13.3%
Crobat 70 BP, Poisonous mist -20% base catch, 5 per move - Encounter rate: 3.3%
The numbers are slightly different for mobile. Well Gourgeist really with a base of 1%+3% per move. I don't see how you can consistently do Gourgeist with more than 7 moves left (the iron blocks really make combos tough to pull off) meaning 22% is the max base rate there. Good thing great ball and super catch boosts exist I said to myself upon facing Gourgeist for the second time in a row. I then fought it for a third time in a row.

Just Duskull (20%) and Pumpkaboo (26.7%) to get now. Used Great Balls on Crobat and Dusclops rather than hoping they turn up again.

Statistically, the 30 battles it takes for one of them to come round again would be worth 10,000 coins or more in Meowth, so 2,500 is better off spent. Obviously RNG makes that comparison a bit useless but still, in effect.

ZenaxPure

The safari zone is freaking me out. All the fights are insanely easy which after the past few weeks of alternating between nothing but crushingly difficult fights and coin farming I feel like I am playing some other game. Catch rates aren't great but it seems to be impossible to lose any of these fights. You get such ridiculous combos on them.

L.O.R.D

yey
i wasted a jewel on Dusknoir and didn't mange to defeat him...FML

i also wasted 4000 coin and defeated him but i got ? rate and didn't catch him

but on 3DS manged to captured him from the first try...i wonder why

also

Banned
Just as I was about to post that Safari on mobile is 95% Zubats, I get... Golbat! Of course it proceeds to break out of the pokeball. This is going to be so much fun :|

EDIT: Safari on mobile is still giving 200 coins per completed stage. Get them while you can.

Chris1

I agree partly that the power creep is not making the game much fun nowadays. When normal non Mega stages require coins to just beat, it signifies a balance problem.

That's my biggest problem with the game. Using items for S ranks, ok fair enough they unlock stronger expert stages. Using items for competitions, ok fair enough. But having to use items just to beat a stage which rewards you with a 40 AP pokemon? that's just bullshit.

Caught Crobat already, 6 moves I think left gave me 50% chance. Used a great ball since his appearance rate is fairly low.

Edit: What do you know, ran into Crobat again not even 5 hearts later.

This is fine if you're using all your hearts every single day and getting 530 coins each time, but many people with jobs/studies/lives can't dedicate that kind of time to it. I can play five hearts in the morning and five at night, sometimes not even that. Grinding isn't always an option. Same with levelling your team to MAX. It's unrealistic to expect everyone to have that kind of free time.

eh, i can farm meowth five times in 5 min. dont see it as much of a hurdle. and in my scenario they really only need to farm 'all' hearts for a few days

that said, it just seems like he/she and I fundamentally disagree on the fun factor of meowth coin farming

tfw dusclops breaks out of 4 great balls at 80% lol -_-

Chris1

Maybe we'll see a return of Mega Banette this weekend since Safari is halloween themed? it's about time it popped back up.

ZenaxPure

Welp, went in to see how hard Dusknoir would be and despite the match being absolutely downright awful my final move was a 25 combo that killed him and I caught him at his base catch rate (mobile if it is different there) - all on my first attempt.

Probably used up my entire life worth of luck right there.

Or maybe not, because I already have half the guys from the safari including Crobat and Duskclops. It's actually the base forms that are refusing to be captured.

also

Banned
I'm laughing so hard at the random safari glitch on Mobile where you get free coins.
This, the mega stone rewards glitch, and the FB heart trick are actually all the work of a kind soul employed at Genius Sonority that hates how strongly the mobile version of Shuffle pushes you spend money, so they work behind the scenes to make sure the greedy suits see as little profit as possible.

L.O.R.D

This, the mega stone rewards glitch, and the FB heart trick are actually all the work of a kind soul employed at Genius Sonority that hates how strongly the mobile version of Shuffle pushes you spend money, so they work behind the scenes to make sure the greedy suits see as little profit as possible.

wait, what mega stone rewards glitch ?
and what is that free coins ?

also

Banned
wait, what mega stone rewards glitch ?
and what is that free coins ?
On mobile, some people were not getting the correct rewards after beating the main stages; some didn't receive the Mega Stones, hearts, Mega Start or jewel they should have while others received them even when they shouldn't have. This was fixed and everyone was given all the rewards they missed while also being allowed to keep any extra reward they got due to this glitch.

Again on mobile, if you play the safari there's a high chance that the game will just give you ~200 extra coins if you complete the stage. Works like ~85% of the time.

Top Bottom