• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

eh, i can farm meowth five times in 5 min. dont see it as much of a hurdle. and in my scenario they really only need to farm 'all' hearts for a few days

It's not so much how long it takes, but more the fact that I can't pick up my 3DS for five minutes every two hours to maximise my heart usage. I have other commitments which make this impossible.

Hegarol

Finished with everything new this week.

Will level some pokemon a bit and probably play fewer than other weeks, as I am still at 90k coins.

Syntsui

I caught Palkia and Dialga after several hours of Meowth/Ampharos grinding and more than 30k spent. I will focus in getting Gengar now, I can barely beat his stage.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yay, Dusclops captured, & that makes all 7.

........wow, that actually went by a lot faster than expected.

...but now that I think about it, is Poison type even used very often? Don't see the point in leveling up Crobat, but I guess Dusknoir might be worth it for if I need a strong Ghost team....but wait, doesn't Dark also work?

also

Banned
We're up to 180 main stages on mobile and they have been pretty good so far. When do the coin sinks 3DS players complain about start to show up?

Syntsui

We're up to 180 main stages on mobile and they have been pretty good so far. When do the coin sinks 3DS players complain about start to show up?

Gengar is impossible to catch without coins or ABSURD luck. He is really hard to beat too, but doable. Mega Gengar is impossible without items.

Syntsui

I did both without items pretty easily! Wasn't a problem with some effort and some determination!

We don't believe you need more people.

Gengar is doable with an average team, but it's easy to fail his stage. Now capturing him is a nightmare, the hardest in the main map by far. Mega Gengar without items is not easy at all, you are frontin.

We don't believe you need more people.

Gengar is doable with an average team, but it's easy to fail his stage. Now capturing him is a nightmare, the hardest in the main map by far. Mega Gengar without items is not easy at all, you are frontin.
It took me about 2 weeks of so of casual play to beat Mega Gengar. You can't take losing too personally! Just move on and try again the next day! Don't remember how long it took to catch Gengar but I had Gengar before beating Mega Gengar.

Nothing in Shuffle has reached Blazekin levels of difficulty for me yet. That was a toughie.

L.O.R.D

fuuuuuu

they fixed the heart glitch
the only reason why i am still playing the mobile version
i was farming coins from safari and suddenly and tried to recharged once i got 35 heart left but i can't
its not like this glitch break the game

Syntsui

It took me about 2 weeks of so of casual play to beat Mega Gengar. You can't take losing too personally! Just move on and try again the next day! Don't remember how long it took to catch Gengar but I had Gengar before beating Mega Gengar.

Nothing in Shuffle has reached Blazekin levels of difficulty for me yet. That was a toughie.

2 weeks, see what I mean? haha

Blaziken is ridiculous, but being on expert ladder I give him s discount. At least there are a lot of easy to catch-useful fire Pokémons out there. My problem with Gengar is that he is the best Pokémon in the game and trivializes a lot of stages.

also

Banned
Gengar is impossible to catch without coins or ABSURD luck. He is really hard to beat too, but doable. Mega Gengar is impossible without items.
I got pretty consistent at beating Gengar with Sableye, Absol, Misdrevaus and Haunter and then it was just a matter of perseverance. There are basically only 2 catch rates in the game; 100% and not-100%. Spending coins for a not-100% catch rate is usually not a good idea.
I did use items for Mega Gengar and a couple of other megas but I think spending coins on ''big-boss'' stages is acceptable.

I wouldn't call that beating him pretty easily...

Two weeks of playing 10 minutes every other day is trivial stuff, considering the lack of mindshare the game takes. I played, lost, and then forgot all about it until my next attempt.

Since I'm not in a rush to get anywhere, 2 weeks is potatoes when I'm playing on cruise control.

Went for the coins on Pumpkaboo. Got 300 and caught it with 1 turn left.

With 5 moves it should be possible to get 500 and beat it, but you'd have to get lucky with the coin placement.

-Horizon-

Since Dusknoir is being a jerk, I went ahead and started playing the safari. Couldn't catch zubat or golbat but I managed to get crobat. Go figure.

YourMaster

Since Dusknoir is being a jerk, I went ahead and started playing the safari. Couldn't catch zubat or golbat but I managed to get crobat. Go figure.

You should play the safari before Dusknoir. You need the little ghostskull-pokemon from the safari that Dusknoir starts with and has as disruptions to make it really easy. You'll have 10-13 moves left and get a 50% catch rate.

also

Banned
I must have failed to capture Gourgeist at least 10 times now with a ~20% catch rate and now they fixed the money glitch so the safari just became a heart sink :/ I might cave in and use a great ball when I get the super catch power...

L.O.R.D

i can't even capture Gourgeist or Dusknoir
and my hearts from the heart glitch is almost over

things like that make me angry and make me think of ways to cheat

c-murph

i can't even capture Gourgeist or Dusknoir
and my hearts from the heart glitch is almost over

things like that make me angry and make me think of ways to cheat

You can give them money. Money makes it easier. For awhile. Then you need to give them more money... and more money...

-Horizon-

You should play the safari before Dusknoir. You need the little ghostskull-pokemon from the safari that Dusknoir starts with and has as disruptions to make it really easy. You'll have 10-13 moves left and get a 50% catch rate.

Gonna try that then. Haven't seen it appear yet though :/

Growlie19

Of all the possible things to be missing from the safari, I'm only missing Zubat. It keeps breaking out in one or two shakes, and I'm getting close to the best odds possible. At least Pumpkaboo gives decent coinage, so it's not a total waste of time.

Top Bottom