• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Agghhh I forgot about Dusclops, I thought I was done with the Safari. With no Mega Evolving mon in the Safari, spending all those hearts isn't as rewarding. They seem to improve with every EB but the Safari they haven't quite figured out yet.

neeksleep

I can't catch the bigger pumpkin thing and I can't even get dusclops to appear. I got everything else in the safari though.

I caught a dusclops the first time it showed up but i can't, for the god damn life of me, catch a duskull! It constantly shows up and I havent goten past 2 shakes. =/

YourMaster

dusknoir seems not worth my time, right? gonna level crobat a bit for now

Like I said, if you use the pokemon dusknoir disrupts with (and starts out with in the corner) as your 4th pokemon, the level is really easy and you get an around 50% catch rate without items.
So you decide if it is worth 1-3 times hearths/tries, the Pokemon isn't a must have at all, but who knows if it will help in a future level.

daydream

Banned
Like I said, if you use the pokemon dusknoir disrupts with (and starts out with in the corner) as your 4th pokemon, the level is really easy and you get an around 50% catch rate without items.
So you decide if it is worth 1-3 times hearths/tries, the Pokemon isn't a must have at all, but who knows if it will help in a future level.

i'm just talking general usefulness of dusknoir

Azuran

Banned
Got tired of Dusclops being a dick by not showing up so I decided to try my luck with Dialga again.

1Qi6xeS.png

Thank you so much RNGesus ; ;. First time I beat him too so I'm glad I got him out of the way for good

Yeah, the main stages aren't fun anymore.

Decided to go back and try to catch Mime Jr. Used 3 MAX level Pokemon (Gengar, Heracross, Giratina) and level 8 Yveltal. S-Ranked it without items, beat it countless times, catch rate ranging from 10-24%. Still can't catch it.

Decide to bite the bullet and try Super Catch at 60%, breaks out twice. I quit the game to save my coins.

EDIT: Complaining here works. Caught it at 14%.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Update for the week:

- Mega Banette competition repeat
- Giratina Escalation battle repeat
- New main stages, & new EX stages as well (I got EX28 & EX29 immediately, as I have S-ranks on all 230 stages)

EX28:
Bisharp, base attack 70, Rock Break+
EX29:
Gallade, base attack 70, Block Smash+

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The first few (save for 231) aren't TOO bad. I feel like maybe just a Moves +5 &/or Mega Start should suffice in getting a S-rank. Heck, 232, I got a S-rank AND caught the Pokemon on my first attempt, though just barely.

Protip for 234: HAVE SOMEONE WHO CAN BREAK ICE.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was just thinking how this update makes it 30 stages for the newest area, therefore it should mean a new Mega stage, & yup, 240 is Mega
Medicham
with the ability of
erasing a group of Pokémon in the middle at once.

.....I haven't even bothered to level that Pokemon up, wonder if it's worth it....

& for Giratina, levels 60, 75, & 85 give you 2,000 coins while 100 is another Mega Speedup. No word on if it's similar to the Latias one where there's more rewards afterwards. Update: NO, there is NOTHING after 100, it seems.

Edit: I'm also hearing EX30 is unlockable as well, for 240 S-ranks. EX28 unlocks with 221, while EX29 requires 230 S-ranks.

also

Banned
Update for the week:

- Mega Banette competition repeat
- Giratina Escalation battle repeat
- New main stages, & new EX stages as well (I got EX28 & EX29 immediately, as I have S-ranks on all 230 stages)

EX28:
Bisharp, base attack 70, Rock Break+
EX29:
Gallade, base attack 70, Block Smash+
On mobile it's Regirock (2x heart cost) and Crescelia escalation battle (last mega speedup at 200).

Got lucky and caught Regi on my second try without items; used an all maxed team with M-Lucario, Palkia and Sceptile. Finished with 10 moves left (23%) and then caught it with a Great Batll + super catch power (93%). Vitality drain is such a great skill.
You should only bring 3 Pokemon because the 4th one gets replaced with Regirock, which is already present on the board and is used in disruptions so it's kind of like complexity -1.

ZenaxPure

Got regirock on my first try without using items (outside of a great ball). Works for me. Now the cresselia grind I guess. Go go M gengar.

Ondore

At least I can use Giratina to subsidize a Banette run, but at some point I'm going to have to bite the bullet and start going after main stages since I need a Fighting Mega badly. (Missed or lost all three Lucarionite competitions. -_-)

Not to mention doubling back for S-ranks; I still haven't gotten Mewtwo for Arceus's sake.

There is a set solution. Keep trying!

Wow, just let everyone waste their hearts, why don't you?

I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do, so I just did it the dumb way: +5 moves. Just enough to kill, and even with 0 moves left, it was S-rank. Didn't catch, though, so that was a bummer.

Looking back, I probably cleared them TOO fast.

I actually beat Gothorita without items. Hallelujah.

Up to Vivillion now. The base catch rates of these Pokemon are a joke (Ralts 1%) but at least they're not impossible to S-Rank. They just really encourage you to burn your hearts and coins.

Seems pretty easy to get the Mega Banette stone but a speedup will be a lot harder (top 1500 in NA).

Wonder if it's worth doing Giratina again for the Speedup at level 50.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, puzzle solution to 239 automatically gives you an S, plus I was able to catch it on my first try.

It seems just using Moves +5 for most of the stages & bringing in certain types to make it easier is all you need, thankfully. Might switch to Giratina for a while to get some free items & coins, then once I hit 100, I should have a nice amount along with some items as well.

CassSept

Yeah Gardevoir is the only one that's really hard in this batch and I'm glad.

239 is a stage that would have been really cool if it weren't for the limited hearts.

After going broke during the last batch of new levels, I'm waiting until I find Dusclops before I even start the new levels... if I ever find him. These Safari levels are just the worst. It always takes forever to find one of them.

Ondore

Put up a 68218 in the Banettite competition. 146th in NA as of upload time.

Of course, this being a Gengar SE competition, I fully expect to fall hard near the end.

daydream

Banned
falling behind on main stages again, ugh (not to mention ex stuff, though the fact that i unlock those with s-ranks and not by beating them makes getting a new strong pokemon easy - the ones after genesect seem negligible so far)

also

Banned
The Crescelia escalation battle has been quite good so far; didn't even need items for stage 50. There are also plenty of coin stages (35, 55, 75, 95, 125 120, 140, 160, 180) so you can save up for any items you might need to beat the milestone stages (50, 100, 200).

L.O.R.D

i can't even defeat regirock on mobile
i don't even have the coins to defeat him , wasted all coins and jewels on dusknoir and didn't even mange to catch him even with catch rate 76% with super catch rate activated

also

Banned
i can't even defeat regirock on mobile
i don't even have the coins to defeat him , wasted all coins and jewels on dusknoir and didn't even mange to catch him even with catch rate 76% with super catch rate activated

Are you taking in only 3 Pokemon instead of 4? Are you using Sceptile and praying to the RNG Gods for early life drain activations?
I didn't need any coins to beat him with M-Lucario, Palkia and Sceptile. They were all maxed, though.

L.O.R.D

Are you taking in only 3 Pokemon instead of 4? Are you using Sceptile and praying to the RNG Gods for early life drain activations?
I didn't need any coins to beat him with M-Lucario, Palkia and Sceptile. They were all maxed, though.
No and no
What the best team should i chose?

also

Banned
No and no
What the best team should i chose?
There are only 2 super effective megas against Regirock on mobile; Lucario and Mawile. I would go with Lucario since it evolves quicker and has a higher base attack. Then I would take along Sceptile and fill the 3rd spot with Palkia since it has a high base attack. If you don't have Palkia take Kyogre; it's a bit weaker but its ability will help you clear away the disruptions. If you have neither just take a super effective pokemon with a high attack; Milotic (useful ability but rarely activates), Swampert, Suicune...
Grind Ampharos (stage 130) until everyone in your team is at least level 5. Of course, the higher the better but reaching lv.6+ requires significantly more exp.

The amount of EXP a Pokemon needs to level up depends on its starting Attack Power:
Starting Attack 30 = 50 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 40 = 55 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 50 = 60 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 60 = 65 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 70 = 70 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 80 = 75 Base EXP.

Other values are not checked yet.

Each level is harder to reach than the last.
Lv.2: Base EXP * 1
Lv.3: Base EXP * 2 (total: 3x)
Lv.4: Base EXP * 3 (total: 6x)
Lv.5: Base EXP * 3 (total: 9x)
Lv.6: Base EXP * 9 (total: 18x)
Lv.7: Base EXP * 15 (total: 33x)
Lv.8: Base EXP * 18 (total: 51x)
Lv.9: Base EXP * 21 (total: 72x)
Lv.MAX: Base EXP * 24 (total: 96x)

In other words, going from Lv.1 to Lv.5 takes as long as going from Lv.5 to Lv.6.

Top Bottom