• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Giratina lvl 50 was a nuisance itemless, but I managed it with a bit of rng help. Post lvl 50 Giratina is modified and not quite a June repeat. Shaymin doesn't f things up with tons of complexity again until lvl 100. Most all stages in between can be done itemless. Getting a bunch of mind zaps from absol is so satisfying, but if the disruptions start to cascade too badly its in your interest to get your board so that you have no moves left

Aurizen

Well I finished the tutorial a while ago and haven't played after that, I wanna pick it back up and play, anyone have any tips for me? How to spend the premium money. Pokemon to get? etc? All help is valuable :D

-Horizon-

Well I finished the tutorial a while ago and haven't played after that, I wanna pick it back up and play, anyone have any tips for me? How to spend the premium money. Pokemon to get? etc? All help is valuable :D

Here's how I've approached the game:

The optimize button is really helpful for most of the stages. Its only when you get MUCH further in the game that its choices are only so-so.

Try not to spend jewels for anything. I have only used them like 2 times I think. And one of those times was when I accidentally pressed 'spend jewel' to get 5 more moves on a stage after failing it lol.

Coins are important...kind of. There is a stage where you can grind for them (stage 37 I think, the one with meowth).
The reason I say only kind of important is that you really don't need to use them except for a few reasons. The first reason is for a timed competition in the special stages. Coins will help you get items that will really help boost your score and help you get that mega stone reward since you are being ranked against other players' scores.
Another reason to spend coins is for getting S-rank on stages. Like for the special stages I previously mentioned, you'll use those coins to spend on items. Getting S-ranks unlocks expert stages with powerful pokemon.
Another reason to use coins is to use it to buy great balls for such things as safari stages where there are certain pokemon that have such stupidly low appearance rates it'll be a hassle to not catch them when you actually manage to encounter them.
That's really all I've used coins for.

Best pokemon to get so far? Gengar and its mega stone. Its an early-ish game pokemon though its stage is pretty tough.

Try to check in game every day for free 500 coins and then 1000 coins after 10 days I think.

Aurizen

Here's how I've approached the game:

The optimize button is really helpful for most of the stages. Its only when you get MUCH further in the game that its choices are only so-so.

Try not to spend jewels for anything. I have only used them like 2 times I think. And one of those times was when I accidentally pressed 'spend jewel' to get 5 more moves on a stage after failing it lol.

Coins are important...kind of. There is a stage where you can grind for them (stage 37 I think, the one with meowth).
The reason I say only kind of important is that you really don't need to use them except for a few reasons. The first reason is for a timed competition in the special stages. Coins will help you get items that will really help boost your score and help you get that mega stone reward since you are being ranked against other players' scores.
Another reason to spend coins is for getting S-rank on stages. Like for the special stages I previously mentioned, you'll use those coins to spend on items. Getting S-ranks unlocks expert stages with powerful pokemon.
Another reason to use coins is to use it to buy great balls for such things as safari stages where there are certain pokemon that have such stupidly low appearance rates it'll be a hassle to not catch them when you actually manage to encounter them.
That's really all I've used coins for.

Best pokemon to get so far? Gengar and its mega stone. Its an early-ish game pokemon though its stage is pretty tough.

Try to check in game every day for free 500 coins and then 1000 coins after 10 days I think.

Oh thanks! So what should you spend your stones on if I would need to?

-Horizon-

If there is ever a special stage that is about to expire and 1) you're running low on coins for items or 2) have no hearts and waiting for them to recharge would take too long, I would think that's a good time to spend those gems.
At least that's what I'm stocking those gems for in the meantime.

Not sure what everyone else is using them for lol

YourMaster

Coins are always useful. Every level becomes easier with coins, although every level can be finished without the use of coins(most of them easily). On difficult boss stages they are very nice to use. When you get enough S ranks you get access to special levels with really useful pokemon to catch. When you cleared all the main levels, go back to S-rank the early levels, some of them need coins to S-rank.
In order to rank high on online competitions you need coins because you face other people use coins as well(and the difference in score is massive).

You get 200 coins for clearing the main stages the first time, 500 coins per checkin, once every week a chance to collect about 3000-7000 coins on a special stage. Like mentioned, you can grind level 37 coins, this takes time and is (for most people) not very fun, but the only way to increase your flow of coins.

Why am I talking coins when you ask jewels? Because you can sell jewels for coins, wait until you've got 12 and you get (I believe)40.000 coins. Those coins are more useful than anything else you can do with your jewels.
For example, when you lose a stage you can spend a jewel on getting 5 more moves. However, getting +5 moves before a level costs just 800 coins. (while you just sold jewels for over 3000 coins a piece).

MiTYH

Yikes, getting stuck on Cresselia 50. Been VERY close a number of times, RNG just isn't working for me I think. Wasted 5 tries just now. Time to give it a break I think.

What's the recommended Mobile team for Onix? I've been trying M-Lucario, Sceptile, Kyogre, Donphan, but no luck (they're very underleveled except for Lucario)

I beat Giratina mk II lvl 100 earlier today. I only ever used items on lvl 100 (Moves, DD, Attack Up). Used same all MAX team the whole time (Gengar, Giratina, Yveltal, Absol)

most inexpensive double speedup not counting that passcode, plus if you factor in that you get something like 8K coins over the course of the 100 levels, it pays for itself if you have the right team. Doesnt even need to be all MAX, but close, and give that gengar a speedup

daydream

Banned
hey, let's not act like they haven't been trickling out (useful) fighting types in a very conservative fashion so far, shall we

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, finally finished Giratina 100. Only had to use items at 50 & 100. Now to focus on saving coins for Mega Banette & getting the last set of S-ranks.

Need to figure out what to use my 2 Mega Speedups on.

Azuran

Banned
Either I suck at EX stages more than I thought or Xerneas is freaking HARD. I swear I wasted over 40 hearts on him and I only beaten him like 5 times. I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong. My team is Mawile 6, Nidoking 6, Nidoqueen 6, and Dialga 5. Yveltal wasn't this bad D:

I just want to catch that majestic deer so bad because it's one of my favorite Pokemon but I'm close to giving up for good.

daydream

Banned
still have to s-rank aerodactyl and wasted a complexity-1 and +5 moves on him earlier, only to get an a-rank again

fuck his bloated hp

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Either I suck at EX stages more than I thought or Xerneas is freaking HARD. I swear I wasted over 40 hearts on him and I only beaten him like 5 times. I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong. My team is Mawile 6, Nidoking 6, Nidoqueen 6, and Dialga 5. Yveltal wasn't this bad D:

I just want to catch that majestic deer so bad because it's one of my favorite Pokemon but I'm close to giving up for good.
Don't worry, it actually is hard; keep at it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
UGH, switched to Mega Gengar for Meowth, but I feel as though either he doesn't work anymore or just got a terrible run, barely making 2,000 coins.

I still don't get Banette, by the time it's evolved you've basically got no turns left to make use of it, in my experience. I generally get between 5,000 and 7,000 with Gengar anyway and that seems okay enough.

Xerneas is amazing, though, I swear it got me through like half the game. If you used those 40 hearts grinding coins on Meowth, you'd probably get enough to go all-items on Xerneas.

Final note: I had a dream (nightmare) last night that I missed a mega-stone because Nintendo hid it in the Safari so it didn't appear on Reddit's list of available Pokémon. FML.

also

Banned
still have to s-rank aerodactyl and wasted a complexity-1 and +5 moves on him earlier, only to get an a-rank again

fuck his bloated hp

I used Mega Start and moves +5 with Mega Aerodactyl, Sceptile, Palkia and Dialga. All were max and it took me 2 tries, well 3 if you count my attempt while Aerodactyl was only Lv. 7.

If you're gonna use C-1 and Moves+5, it's better just to buy everything and put the result beyond a doubt. It's not really much more expensive to get DD and Mega-Start as well when you've spent 9,500 coins already anyway.

Obviously that depends a bit on whether you're using Gengar who evolves in a couple of turns anyway, and how bad the disruptions are, but generally speaking it's better to be safe than sorry - especially in a trainer battle.

Machine

I still don't get Banette, by the time it's evolved you've basically got no turns left to make use of it, in my experience. I generally get between 5,000 and 7,000 with Gengar anyway and that seems okay enough.

Use Banette together with Lampent and Chadelure. Since they both have mega boost, it evolves pretty quickly. Buy +5 moves and you are pretty much guaranteed good results.

Ondore

Ugh. Wanted to go get Goomy for the Sliggoo stage (yeah, I know, I'm behind...) and did a MS+DD run to try and get a good catch rate. S ranked it, it kicked out of a 20% shot, then a 84% twice so I had to reset and lost the S-Rank.

It's the first time in a while the F2P BS has annoyed me that much.

also

Banned
Just beat stage Lv. 150 Crescelia and got a Mega Speedup. I'm thinking Genius Sonority messed up again as on 3DS you didn't get a mega speedup for clearing Lv. 150 and the battle itself didn't have the increased difficulty that stages that award you items have; no increased HP, no nasty disruption pattern, no extra Pokemon icons... It was basically the same as stages 101-149.

daydream

Banned
I used Mega Start and moves +5 with Mega Aerodactyl, Sceptile, Palkia and Dialga. All were max and it took me 2 tries, well 3 if you count my attempt while Aerodactyl was only Lv. 7.

If you're gonna use C-1 and Moves+5, it's better just to buy everything and put the result beyond a doubt. It's not really much more expensive to get DD and Mega-Start as well when you've spent 9,500 coins already anyway.

Obviously that depends a bit on whether you're using Gengar who evolves in a couple of turns anyway, and how bad the disruptions are, but generally speaking it's better to be safe than sorry - especially in a trainer battle.

i think i just got really unlucky with the matches/combos, c-1 and moves +5 should totally be enough for that stage

i think i just got really unlucky with the matches/combos, c-1 and moves +5 should totally be enough for that stage

Oh yeah for sure it should, but in case it isn't it's better to be safe than sorry. Instead of wasting the 3,500 coins, you're going to have to waste another 9,800 now (at least!)

daydream

Banned
Oh yeah for sure it should, but in case it isn't it's better to be safe than sorry. Instead of wasting the 3,500 coins, you're going to have to waste another 9,800 now (at least!)

yeah, should have been more cautious, for sure

gonna wait what monday brings first before i blow all my coins again, though

Chris1

I hope tomorrows update is a quiet one, I need time to catch up. Still have to S rank a few stages from both most newest areas, catch the last expert pokemon and get my coins back up to near max.

Going for 200 & 100 on the escalation battles really hurt my progress.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So close to being caught up. Need to catch Muk (seriously, why won't he stay in the ball?!) & capture/S-rank Gardevoir, then deal with EX30. Kind of hope after this, I can go back to grinding for coins.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Coins, keep playing the Meowth stage (level 37) as you can earn 130, 330, or even 530 if you're lucky enough.

EXP, I guess Ampharos (level 130) since it's a stage with 50 moves, meaning more EXP to earn. Though maybe try to ear EXP while grinding for coin. It won't be as fast, but you'll earn both at the same time.

There's also the weekend, with Saturday being Victini for EXP (ALWAYS USE EXP 1.5) & Sunday for Meowth (use Moves +5 to hopefully make a bigger profit).

c-murph

Coins, keep playing the Meowth stage (level 37) as you can earn 130, 330, or even 530 if you're lucky enough.

EXP, I guess Ampharos (level 130) since it's a stage with 50 moves, meaning more EXP to earn. Though maybe try to ear EXP while grinding for coin. It won't be as fast, but you'll earn both at the same time.

There's also the weekend, with Saturday being Victini for EXP (ALWAYS USE EXP 1.5) & Sunday for Meowth (use Moves +5 to hopefully make a bigger profit).

Awesome. I just thought you got some unspecified amount of exp for winning a level every time. Didn't realize it was related to how much you make matches.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think the only exceptions are the special stages like escalation battles, Mega events, & such. I don't think you get as much exp, let alone earn any on competitions.

Hegarol

Awesome. I just thought you got some unspecified amount of exp for winning a level every time. Didn't realize it was related to how much you make matches.
Its important to know that its always 50 EXP. Its only related to the possible moves, not to the moves you actually did.
Finishing Ampharos within 25 or 49 moves, you always get 50 EXP.

Top Bottom