• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
- Lugia's back
- & so is Celebi, you get 1,000 coins for beating it if you already caught him
- Ho-Oh!

Chris1

Glad this is a slow week, gives me time to catch up. Ho-Oh is okay I guess, 80AP and Po5.
Four million downloads of the mobile game.

Took 2 months.

It took the 3DS version 3 months.
I would have thought the mobile version would have gotten way more downloads, that's a lot closer than I'd ever of expected.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
New competition in 2 weeks - Mega Gardevoir.
Bah, still need to get Gardevoir. I got lucky with S-ranking on my first attempt with items, but it's a pain clearing the stage, let alone trying to capture it (along with Muk).

UGH, my luck has been all over the place with Ho-Oh. Did fine two times, but then 3rd & 4th (with Mega Start) failed....

Ho-Oh ezpz capture. redid cerebi for the coins, not bothering with Lugia timed. Basically a week of farming ahead, also capturing the two EX I dont have

This week I've upped my strategic meowth 37 game. After getting Crobat I tossed him in the mix to eventually get him up to 90, and because he wouldn't delay disruptions. However I've seen that 'Poisonous Mist' is awesome for times when an unexpected combo leaves Meowth with very little health left and you still need to burn a turn or two before the fifth coin spawns. If you match 4 or more Crobat when the mon your fighting has 10% or less of their health remaining the match will do a tiny amount of damage. It's sort of risky, but desperate times often call for desperate measures

Ondore

The Tuesday-Thursday Daily Pokemon next week spawn coins apparently if you make a 4 Pokemon clear. Going to abuse that, especially if they spawn in an exploitable pattern.

daydream

Banned
ho-oh seems very doable, beat it twice without items, aerodactyl is a decent mega pick for the stage

low catch rate means it's gonna be grindy if you wanna save coins, though

Azuran

Banned
Ho-Oh seems pretty simple enough. The beginning is the hardest part because of those clear blocks but Palkia can take care of them pretty quickly if you get lucky. After that just Mega Evolve Aerodactyl asap and it becomes pretty straightforward.

c-murph

Ho-Oh seems pretty simple enough. The beginning is the hardest part because of those clear blocks but Palkia can take care of them pretty quickly if you get lucky. After that just Mega Evolve Aerodactyl asap and it becomes pretty straightforward.

I don't got aerodactyl mega stone. :(

Ranked in the 6000's for Banette but after seeing the 100k scores I wasn't trying more than one all-item run (plus the cutoff was pretty high). Can finally see what the hype is all about when I use it for weekend Meowth.

For Ho-Oh, Blastoise evolves fast but isn't combo-friendly, and Garchomp and Aerodactyl evolve really slowly.

also

Banned
Is anyone else aiming for Crescelia Lv. 200 Mega Speed Up? The levels after lv. 160 are a bit too hard for my liking; Solosis diluting your icons and tons of disruptions... Crescelia's HP is manageable but it's hard to get any sort of combo going because half of your board is unusable most of the time. It took me a few tries just to beat 161 and at this rate it would be hard to make it to Lv. 200 even if I spent all my hearts on it. Does anyone have a reliable strategy? I tried using Misdrevaus to delay the disruptions but relying on Astonish is, well, random and not consistent enough.

In other news, caught Ho-Oh on my ~10th try. I could beat it pretty consistently with Mega Aerodactyl; just try to mega evolve it asap and have Palkia destroy the barriers.

I don't got aerodactyl mega stone. :(

Better hurry to stage 200 180 and get it then!

-Horizon-

Yeah, using Palkia and Mega Aero worked well enough. Went ahead and just used a great ball to capture Ho-Oh because I do not feel like doing that crap again.

Azuran

Banned
I'm feeling so good right now

CSSGAzzUcAAIkKd.png

c-murph

Is anyone else aiming for Crescelia Lv. 200 Mega Speed Up? The levels after lv. 160 are a bit too hard for my liking; Solosis diluting your icons and tons of disruptions... Crescelia's HP is manageable but it's hard to get any sort of combo going because half of your board is unusable most of the time. It took me a few tries just to beat 161 and at this rate it would be hard to make it to Lv. 200 even if I spent all my hearts on it. Does anyone have a reliable strategy? I tried using Misdrevaus to delay the disruptions but relying on Astonish is, well, random and not consistent enough.

In other news, caught Ho-Oh on my ~10th try. I could beat it pretty consistently with Mega Aerodactyl; just try to mega evolve it asap and have Palkia destroy the barriers.

Better hurry to stage 200 180 and get it then!

I can't beat MewTwo yet. I'm going back and S ranking the rest of the levels. I think I need about four more. There are all the Mega Battles. Mega Gengar, Mega Glalie, Mega Ampharos and Mega Mawile.

Beat Lugia somehow with Mega Gengar (Lv.8), Ampharos (lv.5), Aurouus (lv.5) and Zapdos (lv.3). Didn't catch him though... :(

Gunna level them up all up to Lv.7 at Ampharos and try again.

Managed to get Celebi no probs though. Also got my Mega Banette Stone too! Yay Me!

Syntsui

Ho Oh is WAYYY harder than I imagined, I beat him two times in a row yesterday but I just can't beat him anymore. I've already wasted more than 10 hearts on the fucker, there's too much luck involved in his stage, barely any strategy at all. If you can't get enough Palkia to get rid of the barriers you are fucked because you won't even get M-Aerodactyl in time.

Ho Oh is WAYYY harder than I imagined, I beat him two times in a row yesterday but I just can't beat him anymore. I've already wasted more than 10 hearts on the fucker, there's too much luck involved in his stage, barely any strategy at all. If you can't get enough Palkia to get rid of the barriers you are fucked because you won't even get M-Aerodactyl in time.

I just used a Mega Start on Aerodactyl and Ho-oh can do basically nothing at all against you.

I will raise 20k by the weekend but I will still keep trying without items. if it doesn't work out I will use mega start.

Mega Start costs 2,000 coins, so at 530 a go it's 4 hearts on Meowth. If you're going to use more than 4 hearts on Ho-oh, you'd be better off using the item and just spending the rest of the time on Meowth.

Syntsui

Mega Start costs 2,000 coins, so at 530 a go it's 4 hearts on Meowth. If you're going to use more than 4 hearts on Ho-oh, you'd be better off using the item and just spending the rest of the time on Meowth.

2,500. That mobile convenience tax. And 530 on Meowth mobile is pretty much impossible without praying to the RNG gods. It's funny because sometimes he disrupts with even more coins than on 3DS.

Syntsui

I got super catch on both Lugia and Ho Oh in my last try, I said fuck this shit and caught both of them. Hahahaha it feels good (wasted 10,5k on great balls ;/).

daydream

Banned
just caught ho-oh without spending coins in the process, took maybe around nine tries in the end

used m-aerodactyl as i mentioned above

-Horizon-

Don't know how, guessing it was just RNG being on my side this time, managed to beat lugia with 0 moves remaining lol. Yay free 200 coins.

So I'm sitting on 330 pokemon (3DS), that's the most I can have right now without being a filthy hacker person, right?

Also this game knows how to troll. Missed Goodra and Bisharp with pretty solid mega ball catch rates (exited game to not lose the coins outright) but then caught them with 1 and 8% respectively

Caught Lugia!
I did use a Great Ball though, so I used my "use items only for special stages" exception again. Not 100% happy with it, but hey I'll live!

UP TO DATE.

Now to grind coins until whenever. Annoyed at Goodra, I beat it with 25 seconds left (C-1, DD) and if I'd just spent another 800 coins I'd have S-ranked it. Now to S-rank it it's going to cost 11,000 at least! Not that there's any reason to, but still.

lol, dude, no need for complexity on that stage, just add Goomy to your squad and DO NOT use disruption delay, the combos flow so freely. One of the disruptions is additional goomy icons. MAX Gengar, Dragonite, Raquaz, and Goomy (he prob wont be MAX). Try to set up a dancing dragons with dragonite and then keep that combo rolling

also when Ive maxed coins and have no immediate capture or (non EX stage) S rank objectives I think the better heart investment is Snorlax/Ampharos mon leveling with exp x1.5

Hegarol

How did people S rank Gardevoir? Reddit says to use M+5, DD and C-1 but that seems overkill
The stage is soo random. You should really go all-in. You can be lucky and S-rank it without C-1. But many people lost far more coins than all-in because they tried it with everything but C-1.

lol, dude, no need for complexity on that stage, just add Goomy to your squad and DO NOT use disruption delay, the combos flow so freely. One of the disruptions is additional goomy icons. MAX Gengar, Dragonite, Raquaz, and Goomy (he prob wont be MAX). Try to set up a dancing dragons with dragonite and then keep that combo rolling

also when Ive maxed coins and have no immediate capture or (non EX stage) S rank objectives I think the better heart investment is Snorlax/Ampharos mon leveling with exp x1.5

Haha I didn't even think to try that, I just assumed it'd screw me with a pidgey.

I don't have any interest at all in leveling my Pokémon in those stages. I don't want to play this game all day every day. Meowth a few times or S-ranking all the expert stages is it for me, something that takes no longer than a few minutes each day.

eh, ive become very efficient in my usage of ~20-25 hearts per day but I can respect that

also pretty sure that when the starting board 'disruption' pokemon icons are actually of a type that is already super effective they wont be looking to punish you for doubling down on that mon

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I only used C -1 & managed to do it in a few moves once all the ice was cleared out, but yes, it can be a bit random.

Ondore

I S'd Gardevoir and caught it with Moves+5, DD and Mega Start. Caught some huge skyfall breaks though and one more move would've knocked me back to A.

SaintRidley

Neo Member
Well, once I max my Mega Gardevoir team, I'll pull the trigger on a complexity for Gardevoir and finally S-Rank it. Mega Medicham will need S-Ranking too, I guess. Then I can get Goodra and be caught up enough.

I'm no longer than item-less player. So many near (and not so near) misses against Lugia (I have beaten it several times with 0-3 seconds left on the clock but such low catch rates not worth a great ball) just made me go "I'll use mega start, disruption delay and damage up, see how you like that asshole" and finally caught them.

I've got 86k in the bank (I remember reading it caps at 99999 anyway) and far from catching them all but I like to cling to the idea the game is possible without items (which it is but as I saw against Lugia items are convenient).

I play pretty casually these days (overflow stamina like crazy etc).

CassSept

This game will lead me to destroying my 3DS.

Fourth attempt at M-Medicham with Mega Start, DD and M+5 that ended at 10 moves. You must be joking.

Top Bottom