• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Anyone know if mega gardevour is subject to paralysis, say from maybe a registeel? I'm guessing no but man I hate these distuptions
Anyone have any insight here?

Also just a fun thing, what's the highest score you guys have gotten on 37 Meowth while also getting 530 coins? I know it would mostly come down to some last (or second to last) move combo RNG, but I just got a score of 2584 this morning. I guess that someone who managed to beat it with one move left after sliding the coin in, getting a crazy combo, and also getting the 500 bonus for the remaining move would take the crown.

also

Banned
Anyone have any insight here?

Also just a fun thing, what's the highest score you guys have gotten on 37 Meowth while also getting 530 coins? I know it would mostly come down to some last (or second to last) move combo RNG, but I just got a score of 2584 this morning. I guess that someone who managed to beat it with one move left after sliding the coin in, getting a crazy combo, and also getting the 500 bonus for the remaining move would take the crown.

Whether a Pokemon can be affected by a specific status effect or not depends on its type. Reddit has a comprehensive chart:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShuffle/comments/3npjsf/type_immunities_to_status_effects/

Fairy types are immune to paralysis, so Gardevoir can't be paralyzed.

530 coins? Pfft, get on my level.
ipsuZwu.png
SQetvYf.png

also

Banned
620 = 20 (stage clear reward, on 3DS it's 30) + 500 (5 coin match) + 100 (3 coin match)
720 = 20 + 700 (6 coin match)
Mobile Meowth can spawn anything from a breakable rock to up to 3 coins. While having multiple coins spawn at once may sound great, the truth is that it rarely happens and is countered by the times no coins spawn. It's actually possible for the rock to spawn on top of a coin and I've had times where I couldn't even get a 3 coin match :/ Farming 3DS Meowth is much more consistent.

You can do it on mobile but not on 3ds. On mobile, you can sometimes get two coins to spawn at once.

The maximum is actually 3 coins.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bleh, dittos once more on the leaderboards.

So for Mega Gardevoir, do I use Mega Mawile or stick with Mega Gengar? My Optimized Team would be Mega Mawile (lv. 9), Dialga (lv. 9), & then two of my Lv. 8 Steel Pokemon, possibly Jirachi & Cobalion.

Edit: Nevermind, scored 42064 & ranked 316 on my first attempt. Think I should be more than fine staying above 3,800.

Ondore

I think the consensus is you either want to go Mawile for SE / fast skyfall or Aerodactyl as a mega just to clear out the sheer number of blocks here. (No MS or DD is a PITA, though.)

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't tried yet, but is C-1 necessary to rank for Gardevoir?

Chris1

I haven't tried yet, but is C-1 necessary to rank for Gardevoir?
It's not required but you're better off taking it as without it, it can take far too long hoping to get lucky.

I just used every item except exp, I could have left moves+5 out but didn't want to take that risk when I was already spending 13k.

ZeroX03

Banned
Maractus is still evading me. Beat it with 3-5 turns remaining but the catch rate isn't smiling on me after 15~ attempts.

Also had one weird run where it would just give me the same Pokemon over and over and I couldn't do anything else because of the ice. First time I've ever had that happen, usually the algorithm is pretty solid.

-Horizon-

I would've thought honedge or whatever that final sword evolution is would be effective for the mega gardevoir stage. It's steel type and its ability is it does more damage the more disruptions are on the board. Though I can't seem to get it to activate reliably enough.

yagamilight

Neo Member
Hi, mates!

This is my first post after a vereeery loooong time lurking this thread waiting for my account to be activated. The wait is over now!

I want to thank you guys for all the support and advice you provide us on this thread, and from now on I'll try to help a little too :)

As for today, I still have to do Mega Gardevoir event and I'm thinking of using this team:
Mega-Mawile (Max), Nidoqueen (Max), Kling Klang (7) and Jirachi (Max)

I prefer Klingklang over my Bronzong (Max) for their skills. Do you think this will enough for a Mega Speedup attempt?

hey yaga,

any nicely leveled team full of steel or poison types accompanied by Mawile can get in speedup range after items, just try not to drop the combo more than once, and when you do pick it back up with a 4-5 match Cobalion (power of 4+) or Aegislash, or Dialga, or Muk. I brought in Jirachi and was able to get Mawile evolved extremely quickly in my current high score attempt of ~41K. Mega Boost is already nice, but Mega Boost+ leading in to other combos had me with a mega evolve between 5-7 seconds in

im sure some people have had luck with Gengar and then other super effectives that deal with unbreakable stuff, but eh

Eh. Ditto is everywhere and part of me feels like GS should just release it already. The other part says that releasing it would suck the "fun" out of the game.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Does Mewtwo evolve quicker than Banette? Or is Mega Banette not a thing on mobile yet?

Also, just missed the Mega Speedup cut off on Gardevoir by like 50 places. Could have saved those 9000 Pokebucks :-(

Chris1

I don't get why they don't just give Ditto placeholder ability like power of 5, I'm guessing hackers can't edit abilityotherwise they'd use regular teams with better abilities.

Edit:Looks like I'm gonna miss the speedup this time, i've tried it 3 times in total and it just didn't happen. First one I've missed :(

c-murph

Placed around 8100 on Gardevoir today. Should be enough to win me a megastone. I usually drop a couple thousand spots before the deadline.

also

Banned
Does Mewtwo evolve quicker than Banette? Or is Mega Banette not a thing on mobile yet?

Also, just missed the Mega Speedup cut off on Gardevoir by like 50 places. Could have saved those 9000 Pokebucks :-(
Banette is not available on mobile yet but Mewtwo evolves faster faster with or without Mega speedups.
Mewtwo: 23 (-5 speedups = 18)
Banette: 27 (-9 speedups = 19)
Some people still prefer Banette because of its Mega Boost ability.

c-murph

Whew.

I just got Mewtwo today, I will try with him next week. It does seem he has the best ability in this type of challenge.

Whoa!

Beside clearing out Meowth; what does Mega Mewtwo and Mega Banette do? Is this a specific team to use for meowth?

SaintRidley

Neo Member
And hackers wiped in North America right now. Sitting at rank 102 with a score of about 47.6k, so I'm safe for speedup.

c-murph, Mewtwo and Banette are combo-generating machines for weekend Meowth, since they erase up to 10 icons of a pokemon of the same type. Pair Banette with Chandelure and Haunter and Yamask, or Mewtwo with Gothitelle and two psychic mega boosters and you have quick evolution and lots of icon removal to aim for big combos to get more coins.

Fully candied, Banette evolves slower by one icon, assuming no mega boost proc, but in practice evolves much quicker. Mewtwo may be the better candy investment, however, due to better coverage. Banette may be the superior option for weekend Meowth anyway due to no chance of losing a coin to a swap proc, but it's hard to justify the candy investment for Banette when Meowth's the only reason to do so.

Finally did my all-items run on Mega Gardevoir.

Another sloppy-ish play, but I got 38K points, which I assume is safe for the speed up.

Wonder what's tomorrow? Still haven't beaten the current last stage yet.

c-murph

And hackers wiped in North America right now. Sitting at rank 102 with a score of about 47.6k, so I'm safe for speedup.

c-murph, Mewtwo and Banette are combo-generating machines for weekend Meowth, since they erase up to 10 icons of a pokemon of the same type. Pair Banette with Chandelure and Haunter and Yamask, or Mewtwo with Gothitelle and two psychic mega boosters and you have quick evolution and lots of icon removal to aim for big combos to get more coins.

Fully candied, Banette evolves slower by one icon, assuming no mega boost proc, but in practice evolves much quicker. Mewtwo may be the better candy investment, however, due to better coverage. Banette may be the superior option for weekend Meowth anyway due to no chance of losing a coin to a swap proc, but it's hard to justify the candy investment for Banette when Meowth's the only reason to do so.

Ah, ok thanks. I only have one extra Speed-up on me anyways. I need like 9 to max out Banette. I'll probably save up for Mewtwo. Although, i haven't unlocked him yet. 150 S ranks right? I think I'm sitting at 145... Close.

Been using Banette (with Lampent, Chandelure, and Haunter) for weekend Meowth and haven't been seeing a marked difference over a Gengar and Quirky team. I got pretty unlocky with proccing Mega Boosts though.

Got much better results for Gardevoir with Mawile over Gengar. The blocks make Gengar pretty irrelevant.

c-murph

Been using Banette (with Lampent, Chandelure, and Haunter) for weekend Meowth and haven't been seeing a marked difference over a Gengar and Quirky team. I got pretty unlocky with proccing Mega Boosts though.

Got much better results for Gardevoir with Mawile over Gengar. The blocks make Gengar pretty irrelevant.

I maxed out Gengar cause everyone said he was a beast. He's okay until the enemies start using obstructions... Then he's no help.

yagamilight

Neo Member
First post after a very long time waiting for account activation.

Finally decided to face Mega Gardevoir with Mega-Mawile, Dialga, Nidoqueen and Jirachi (all MAX) and obtained 39k points, so I think I'm safe for the Mega Stone and Mega Speedup.

For Weekend Meowth I use Mega-Gengar, Lampent, Chandelure and Banette.I priorize Megaevolution speed over Quirky because it is not very relliable for combo prediction and, once Gengar has evolved, achieving a 3 chains combo is easy.

EDIT: LOL, I thought my former post was deleted or non correctly posted.

Welp, spent 12 jewels on 48,000 coins and went at Gardevoir multiple times. Couldn't beat my high score though which fell just short of the Speedup cutoff.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Update for the week:

- Mega Gardevoir's ability: "Erases all Pokemon in the 5 columns to the left & right", takes up to 5 Mega Speedups
- Tornadus is up, can only attempt once per day, but "will become a little bit easier to catch with each day that goes by". Base attack
with ability
Power of 5+
- Repeat safari of Electrike, Darumaka, Stantler, Darmanitan, & Manectric, ends the 24th

ZeroX03

Banned
- Tornadus is up, can only attempt once per day, but "will become a little bit easier to catch with each day that goes by". Base attack
with ability
Power of 5+

I was wondering why it seemed so tough, I was having a really good run but still was a hair away from killing it. Should be fine if it gets easier.

Hegarol

Rayquaza event on Friday, repeat of Mega Manectric next week.

The pastebin also says Delibird escalation some time next week. Gonna be interesting :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess more coin grinding this week, though I'm almost to 75,600, so not like I need to be doing a whole lot, especially if we're getting an escalation battle next week.

daydream

Banned
repeats are fine with me. also got really close to beating tornadus but my ice/electric team is still a bit underleveled (all around lvl 7-8)

I know I will somehow fuck up and miss Tornadus.

Also that's the wrong Safari, they need to bring back Phione, it's the only "missable" I haven't gotten yet.

Also do you guys think we might see Mega Rayquaza soon? Or is the repeat because of Shuffle Mobile?

Syntsui

I have a pretty decent team and did a good run, still I didn't come close to beat Tornadus. Does his stage get easier or only his catch rate improves?

If he doesn't get easier I will have to blow some coins to guarantee a catch.

with ability
Power of 5+
Do they mean base catch rate, weaker or both?
fakedit: datamine says base catch rate goes up by 5% for each day starting with 9%, HP is 17458 every time. Time to spam items later on? (last day finishing with >=6 moves will guarantee a catch after great ball)

My attempt ended with it having 1 pixel of health :( To think part of that might have been down to using auto and the game brining Ampharos instead of Zapdos (who in hindsight might have been better due to power of 4). My mega was Aerodactyl and it took care of the block disruptions. Not sure if to just go with Mega Ampharos tomorrow and hope I can rng zap the blocks.

Edit: Reading the datamine Delibird is an odd escalation stage.
You can't catch it and is gives no mega speedup
While the timing is odd I can't help but think like escalation stages in general it is combat retention issues the game may have (if you've caught everything, S ranked everything and have max money there isn't much for you to do).

Top Bottom